Below is a storyline chronology of Expansion Fleet:
- The U.S.S. Enterprise B is commissioned.
- Captain Kirk is presumed dead after a discharge from an unknown spatial anomaly, known as the Nexus.
- Vorak is born on Vulcan.
- T'Hain is born on Vulcan.
- Vorak graduates from Starfleet Academy, and is assigned to the U.S.S. Excelsior.
- Vorak is promoted to full lieutenant, and is assigned to the U.S.S. Enterprise B as science officer.
- T'Hain attends Starfleet Academy.
- Peter Svensson is born on Earth.
- Vorak is promoted to lieutenant commander and is assigned to the U.S.S. Enterprise C.
- T'Hain graduates from Starfleet Academy at the top of his class and is assigned as helm officer to the U.S.S. Yosemite.
- T'Hain is promoted to Lieutenant for outstanding Service, moved to the Engineering Department on the U.S.S. Yosemite.
- T'Hain is promoted to Lieutenant Commander and once again transferred departments this time becoming the Chief of Tactical/Security on the U.S.S. Yosemite.
- September, 28: William Karelia was born.
- Vorak returns to Vulcan to marry, and is not on board the U.S.S. Enterprise C when the ship is destroyed while defending a Klingon outpost from a Romulan attack.
- Lieutenant Commander Vorak is assigned as science officer on the U.S.S. Stargazer.
- T'Hain is promoted to Commander and becomes the XO of the U.S.S. Yosemite.
- After the sudden death of his Captain, T'Hain is promoted to Captain of the U.S.S. Yosemite.
- Vorak is assigned to the U.S.S. Victory as Chief Science Officer, and is promoted to commander.
- Peter Svensson attends Starfleet Academy.
- Commander Vorak becomes First Officer on the U.S.S. Victory.
- The FIS Blackfire is launched by Zack Mannion.
- Peter Svensson graduates from Starfleet Academy, and is stationed as engineer on the USS Pegasus, under captain Erik Pressman.
- Vorak becomes captain of the U.S.S. Victory.
- U.S.S. Yosemite is decommissioned. Captain T'Hain is promoted to the rank of Major and is reassigned to Starfleet HQ where he serves for several years in various positions.
- Peter Svensson is promoted to lieutenant commander, but remains in the engineering department.
- Peter Svensson is approached by Captain Pressman, and is asked to follow some secret orders for the good of the Federation. These orders were never recorded or logged, and are thus unknown.
- Peter Svensson assists his captain in the testing of a secret and illegal cloaking device on board the U.S.S. Pegasus.
- Peter Svensson is introduced by Captain Pressman to Deputy Director Sloan, who offers him the title of Section 31 Agent, and an assignment on board the U.S.S. Hera as Section 31 informant. Svensson accepts this offer and is transferred to the U.S.S. Hera, under command of Captain Silva La Forge. Later this year, the U.S.S. Pegasus is supposedly destroyed, when testing the illegal cloaking device, and only the captain and his helmsman, lieutenant Will Riker, survive.
- Vorak is promoted to admiral, and is reassigned to Starfleet Headquarters on Earth.
- Peter Svensson is promoted to commander and first officer aboard the U.S.S. Hera, and continues his secret work for Section 31.
- Alien parasites create a conspiracy through Starfleet, and Vorak is one of the victims. He survives, anfter captain Picard discovers and defeats the conspiracy.
- June, 15: Karelia graduates Starfleet Academy in the top 1% of his class. He is soon after to the Galaxy-Class U.S.S. Churchill. Karelia was given the rank of Ensign and was a junior security officer onboard the Churchill.
- First encounter between the U.S.S. Enterprise D and the Borg.
- Battle against the Borg at Wolf 359. Vorak assists in battle strategy planning at Starfleet Headquarters on Earth.
- October, 12: The U.S.S. Churchill is fatally crippled at the Battle of Wolf 359, where Ensign Karelia is forced to see many of his closest friends and shipmates either killed or assimilated by the Borg. The event troubles him to this day.
- Hugh, a captured Borg drone, regains individuality on board the U.S.S. Enterprise D, and is sent back to the Borg Collective.
- January, 8: Following the loss of the Churchill, Karelia is assigned to the U.S.S. Mississippi, and changes departments from Security to Medical. He is also promoted to Lieutenant, and serves as the personal assistant to Lt. Commander Vincent Calrenni, the Mississippi’s CMO.
- November 23: Karelia is promoted to Lt. Commander, and becomes the new Chief Medical Officer of the U.S.S. Mississippi after Commander Calrenni’s death. Calrenni was killed while taked hostage by Klingon pirates, who were attempting to blackmail weapons from the Mississippi’s captain.
- U.S.S. Hera is presumably lost and destroyed, according to Starfleet records. Peter Svensson survives as he is rescued by a Section 31 sister organisation called "Federation Secret Service" (FSS). He meets Zack Mannion, who offers him a job in FSS as undercover agent, since Starfleet believes he is supposedly killed. Svensson declines, and decides to stay Section 31 agent, where he gave his loyalty to first, but agrees to work with FSS and Mannion as close partners.
- March, 4: Starfleet Command, recognizing Commander Karelia’s outstanding record, offer him command of his own starship, the U.S.S. Schasta, an Akira-Class frigate. Karelia graciously accepts the offer.
- The U.S.S. Enterprise D is destroyed.
- The U.S.S. Voyager disappears in the Badlands, and ends up in the Delta Quadrant.
- Admiral Vorak dispatches search parties to find the U.S.S. Voyager, but without success.
- Sloan promotes Peter Svensson and commends his work. He decides not to give out any information on the cause of the USS Hera's loss, and to keep Svensson's name in Starfleet records as officially dead.
- Admiral Vorak teaches at Starfleet Academy.
- Peter Svensson is given another name and Starfleet record, by Sloan, to serve as informant aboard the U.S.S. Excalibur, under command of Captain Korsmo.
- August, 14: Captain Karelia and the U.S.S. Schasta are called to Earth to join Admiral Hayes’ fleet to defend the Federation capital against the Borg once more. The Schasta is destroyed, but thanks to Karelia, few hands were lost. Karelia also saves many others by staying onboard the Schasta until the very end, providing vital information that led to the destruction of the Borg vessel. The event helps to further Karelia’s hatred of the Borg.
- October, 26: Starfleet Command again recognizes Karelia, and gives him the chance to become the head of Starfleet Medical. He accepts, along with a hefty promotion to Vice-Admiral. Karelia breaks Starfleet’s record for being the youngest Admiral, at only 30 years of age, a record previously held by Admiral James T. Kirk.
- The second Borg War near Earth. USS Excalibur is one of the ships of the task force led by Admiral Hayes, against the Borg attack. During this battle, the ship is heavily damaged and the captain killed. After extensive repairs, the ship is launched again under the command of captain Mackenzie Calhoun. Peter Svensson remains on board, along with a few othes, including commander Shelby. The ship is ordered into Thallonian space.
- The U.S.S. Voyager enters Borg space, and encounters Species 8472.
- The Dominion War begins.
- Vorak assists, again, in battle strategy planning, against the Dominion.
- First contact established between Starfleet and the U.S.S. Voyager.
- The Dominion War ends, with the defeat of the Dominion.
- Vorak is promoted to Fleet Admiral.
- The U.S.S. Voyager meets the U.S.S. Equinox in the Delta Quadrant.
- When regular contact is established between Starfleet and the U.S.S. Voyager through the Pathfinder prjoect, Starfleet learns from the encounters the U.S.S. Voyager had in the Delta Quadrant, such as the Hirogen, the Kazon and Species 8472, and decides to guard the borders of the federation near the Delta Quadrant more closely.
- The U.S.S. Voyager finally returns to the Alpha Quadrant after 7 years, making alot of information on the Delta Quadrant available to Starfleet for further study.
- Starfleet explores the area behind the "Typhon Expanse" and learns about a huge nebula blocking all sensors and communications. It is the furthest in deep space crossing the borders to the Delta Quadrant, that Starfleet has ever been.
- The USS Excalibur is destroyed, but all crewmembers abandoned ship in time to survive. A new USS Excalibur is commissioned, but Director Sloan recalls Peter Svensson] away from reassignment to this new ship, to do some undercover fieldwork instead.
- After 6 months of exstensive study of the Expansion Nebula, beyond the Typhon Expanse, Starfleet initiates the "Expansion Project". The newly constructed Avalon Station is located at the other side of this nebula, as headquarters of the project.
- Vorak is promoted to Flag Admiral, and is put in charge of the Expansion Project. From here, unmapped space is to be explored and possible enemies to be encountered.
- Peter Svensson is promoted to Deputy Director of Section 31, and assigned to supervise the activities of the newly established Expansion Fleet, at the borders of the Delta Quadrant.
- Zack Mannion travels to station Avalon to keep an eye on Admiral Vorak's station Avalon, by the presidents order.
- Peter Svensson and Zack Mannion work together again in an undercover operation on the U.S.S. Skytoucher, to locate and destroy a substance called Validium.
- Major T'Hain transferred from Starfleet HQ on Earth to the newly constructed Avalon Station, the new Starfleet HQ in the Delta Quadrant as the Security XO under Admiral Nocturnus. Later in 2378 Major T'Hain is given the assignment of heading up the construction and later taking command of the Planetary Starphoenix Base on Dantor after Rear Admiral Dathons sudden emergency recalling him back home to Andor. Because of the new position Major T'Hain also recieves a promotion to Commodore JG.
- T'Hain is promoted to Commodore, saw the completion of Starphoenix Base.
- Peter Svensson assumes command of Intelligence starship U.S.S. Phoenix.
- The Romulan Coalition attacks Deep Space 12 and captures the station. A large fleet of Federation starships travels from Avalon Station back to DS12 and recaptures their station.
- First contact with the Delta Alliance is made.
- June 22: Vice-Admiral Karelia, serving as head of Starfleet Medical for six-and-a-half years, is offered a promotion to full Admiral and granted command of a new starbase, Deep Space 12. He accepts this honor, and quickly meets his superior officer, Flag Admiral Vorak, whom he grows quite close to.
- Attacks on a Delta Alliance planet, Cardassian station Vontak Nor, and Starphoenix Base, take place by some alien energy species called the Na'jigat.
- January, 20: Admiral Karelia spearheads an assault on Deep Space 12, which had been recently captured by a rogue faction of Romulans known as the Romulan Coalition. Due to his valiant efforts in this operation, Flag Admiral Vorak grants Karelia a promotion to Fleet Admiral.