• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Interview- Admiral Yates

Started by Lois, February 15, 2007, 11:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lois

By: Ensign Mark Lois        Interviewed: Admiral Andrew Yates    Stardate: 60100.8

Interviewer: Mark sat down and smiled at the admiral, "Thank you for joining us today admiral,"

Yates: ...Admiral Yates took his seat opposite of the young ensign...* "Oh it was my pleasure Ensign."

Interviewer: "Now before we begin do you have any comments?" Mark asked, shuffling some papers.

Yates: "Only that I am quiet intrested in this project you are running. Perhaps later on after the interview we could have a talk at the Celtic Corner to further discuss this. You may begin the interview when your ready. Take you time." *...Andrew smiled and waited for the Ensign to situate himself...*

Interviewer: Mark grinned, such a formal person. "Let's start off with the first question; what in your own words is the best part of being a admiral?"

Yates: *...Yates thought and gave a slight nod and grin and answered the question...* "Well my favorite part of being an admiral would have to be all the people I work with. I love applaying my self and seeing others apply themselves to preform above and beyond the call of duty. I also love seeing young ensigns work their way up the ranks and seeing them grow up in a manner of speaking. So I suppose my favorite thing about being an admiral is my fellow officers I serve with."

Interviewer:  Mark nodded, "Kind of how a father watchs his children grow into men?"

Yates: "Yes, I suppose you could say that. I am actually proud to say that one day my very own son might take my place on the high command someday he he can make it to his classes on time."*...Yates chuckled...*

Interviewer: Mark smiled, than turned a page, "What do you think of Admiral Tom Hobson, the CO of the deep space acadamy?"

Yates: "I think he is a good man. He has done wonders for the DSA and if he had his old Nova Division it would be one of the best divisions around. He is a fine officer and the fleet would not be were it is today without him being on the High Command."

Interviewer: "Another question," Mark said, " Are you very fond of klingon food?"

Yates: *...Yates giggled at the question...* "No. Thats all I have to say."

Interviewer: Mark laughed, "I feel there's too much meat in they're food. Okay moving on," He turned a page, "Are you married, Admiral? Most officers keep they're personal lives a secret."

Yates: *...Andrew sighed and looked down then looked back up to Mark...* "Well, it has been sometime since i last spoke of it but I lost my wife about 11 years ago. She was on a ship heading to starbase 185, were i was stationed at the time, and her ship fell under attacked by a Romulan Warbird. We never found out why it attacked and about two years after the case was closed."

Interviewer: Mark nodded, "I'm sorry admiral." He turned a page, "How long do you plan on staying in Starfleet before you retire?"

Yates: "Oh this old dog has about four years left on him before he even considers retirement." *...He chuckles...* I plan on being here until I start to have limbs fall off. Even after that i will have the medical staff slap on bionical ones."

Interviewer:  Mark nodded, "One last question; do you find Captain Janeway of U.S.S. Voyager attractive?" He asked awkardly.

Yates: *...Yates sat for a moment with a blank expression for as long as he could hold it then luaghed and when he calmed himself he replied...* "No. From my experiances with her, only meeting her a few times, I do not think anything of her. We have gotten into more scraps and arguments over the most strangest and most simple of things. Oh and I beleive you mean Admiral Janeway. She has rubbed that silly promotion in my face since she got the transmission. I always told her she would never make it into the admirality before me becuase she smelt of pencil shavings and stale bread. If I were to think anything of her it would be as an ugly little sister." *...yates giggles a moment as he gave his playful reply...*

Interviewer: Mark laughed hard, "Yea, I was thinking of when she returned to earth." He turned the papers over, "Thank you Admiral Andrew Yates,"
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/JulieSanders/MarkLoisStarfleetBeta.jpg" border="0">