• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Reporting In

Started by Will Karelia, June 24, 2003, 03:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

All right, here we go.

Will Karelia, you are now officially CO of this division. First, let's start with a few technical things you need to know.

Bookmark, first of all, this URL:
http://omega-rpg1.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/admincenter.cgi

This" target="_blank">http://omega-rpg1.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/admincenter.cgi

This is the "Admin Center" where you can control your board. Don't give anyone else access to this for security reasons. You will get a login screen, and you just type your username and password as if you were to log into your character. Then you will have access.

A brief explanation on what you can do...

Member Control.
You see letter links to see the current registered usernames in alphabetical order. For example, if you click on the "W" you will find your own username there. This will allow you to edit/remove a username.
Important: in the "edit" section here, for each username, you can fill out the "Member Title", which is normally used for the rank statement (when someone is a Lieutenant, for example, you write "Lieutenant" there). Basically it says "civilian" for all newcomers, until you modify it manually there. Also there, you can choose the access for this person (normal user, banned user, moderator, administrator). Only "administrator" gives access to the admincenter, so dont remove your own! Moderators can only moderate the forums you give them to, that means they can remove posts that are inappropriate and such, but not enter the admincenter.

Forum Options.
Here you can add, remove or modify forums of the board.  Everything pretty much explains itself here.
It is here, that you specify who is moderator of which forum. You go to a certain forum and fill out the correct username for the moderator of your choice, in the field "Forum Moderator(s)" for each forum. But note that this ONLY works when you give this username "moderator" access in the Member Control.
An administrator has automatically moderation access everywhere.

Order Forums.
This is to rearrange the order in which you see the forums on the board. At the moment they are fine, but if you would add a forum, they might switch randomly in order, and then you can re-order them if necessary.

Styles Setup.
This is to create and modify the looks of your board (colours, fonts, ...). Everything is pretty much set up alraedy, but if you need to modify anything, this is where you do it.

Variables Setup.
If you don't know what it means, dont touch it here. Doing something wrong may cause the board to malfunction. At the moment, everything is set correctly there.

Member Titles Setup.
Auto-member titles according to the number of posts. We don't use that system because we assign ranks to people and choose ourselves when to promote someone.

Bad Word Filter Setup
Pretty much explains itself lol.

Edit the board Template.
Be carefull not to mess with this. If you don't know HTML, better not touch this. Generally nothing needs to be done here.

Some other remarks.
If you get the message "please wait 5 minutes and try again to access this page" or something like it, just click refresh a few times, you don't need to wait 5 minutes for it to work again. It is a very stupid policy of netfirms.com on which this board is located, and we hope to find a better location for this board, in time, when it has become as active as the other ones.
If you get a 404 Page Not Found, hit the "back" button and try again.

The moderator functions can be found UNDER each forum (when you are in a topic). Such as: "lock topic", "move topic", "delete topic", "unlock topic", ...
If you would delete topics, you must make sure to have AT LEAST 1 topic left in your forum. Removing the last topic of a forum either deletes the forum, or corrupts it.

You may choose whoever you wish as your XO, and such.  Expansion will assign a "Division Supervisor" to help you out, when we have one available in time. So please be patient. Meanwhile, I will help out where necessary, so feel free to ask if there's anything you need to know.

One last remark: when people sign up through Expansion, for this division, you will get an automatic generated email containing the answers they filled out on the submisson form. This is informational, so you know who they are and how often they can post and so on. You do not need to reply to them unless you want to, because an automated reply is sent to them.

I think that is all for now http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Will Karelia

Sir, I am registered and ready to assume command.
Name: Karelia, William Michael
Assignment: Commanding Officer, Avalon Division
                        Executive Officer, Expansion Task Force

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/meritoriousservice.gif" border="0">
"I'm glad that Karelia always understands the things, which I don't..." - Fleet Admiral Montrell

Blake

Hello Will Karelia,

I am Robert Blake and I am reporting for duty. Of course, I will wait until you have total control of the division. When you do may I request the division XO position? http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

Vice-Admiral Robert Blake
Chief Of Operations
Executive Officer-Omega Division

Will Karelia

Robert Blake, I hearby promote you to the rank of Vice-Admiral and the position of Executive Officer of Omega Division.
Name: Karelia, William Michael
Assignment: Commanding Officer, Avalon Division
                        Executive Officer, Expansion Task Force

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/meritoriousservice.gif" border="0">
"I'm glad that Karelia always understands the things, which I don't..." - Fleet Admiral Montrell