• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

"Beyond the Veil"

Started by Legudon, March 24, 2008, 05:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raszagal

Major Raszagal - Outskirts of Antioch

Raszagal hopped onto the seat of a Gallifreyan hovercraft, a small vehicle used by Templar as a form of cavalry mount. The vehicle powered up and lifted itself about a meter into the air. The vehicle was narrow and sleek, the design tapering off to what looked like a pair of lances, each mounting a tetrionic pulse cannon, powered jointly by a micro-tetryon generator and a Khaydarin core.

The vehicle began sliding forward at great speed, reaching the battle site in a matter of seconds. The tetrionic pulses, both physical and psionic in nature, were startlingly effective at neutralizing the Heraan it was pitched against. Like the much larger tetrionic arrays (or "lines") equipped on a warship, the Gallifreyan weapon system was notorious for often proving itself the most advanced on the field.

Unfortunately for Raszagal, the vehicle was primarily built for speed, and was tailored for quick, glancing strikes at enemy lines. Engulfed in battle, it was only a matter of time before a Heraani soldier managed to get behind her agile vehicle, and jumped up onto it's frame. Startled by the sudden weight increase and the hovercraft's subsequent shudder, she spun her neck to see the Heraan knock her violently from her seat.

Landing on her back on the ground, she saw the Heraan seat himself on the vehicle, and found herself on the receiving end of her own weapons. The bolts from the tetrionic cannons were powerful, and recoiled her as she tried to deflect them. Suddenly, there was an excess of blue light from the aft of the vehicle, and it lurched forward as the Heraani soldier steered toward her.

Thinking fast, she leaped into the air, and as the craft passed harmlessly under her, she used her psionic power to pull the creature from her hovercraft. It flailed in the air a moment, but as she moved to strike the soldier with her khala while they fell, it produced it's own blade of energy, deflecting her blow. They both landed harmlessly on their feet, weapons at the ready.

It had been some time since Raszagal fought a Heraan blade-to-blade. She had trained relentlessly after rebuilding her weapon, but the last time she had fought another swordsman, she was at a severe disadvantage without her psionic abilities, and only managed to survive by pure luck. So it was with caution that she entered battle, using a defensive form that Techerakh had taught her during her apprenticeship. It involved keeping the weapon close to one's person, so as to minimize the distance a parry must travel and increase the speed of one's defense. It also called for extreme patience, as it required a Templar to pass up tempting opportunities for counterattack, waiting for the opponent to become fatigued or complacent.

When this moment came, it was as the Heraan held his weapon high in an attempt to smash through her defenses. She broke her defensive stance, attacking the Heraan first, which required him to haphazardly switch from attack to defense during mid-stroke. This threw the alien off-guard, and Raszagal swung her leg to trip him, and he fell through her waiting blade.
Major Raszagal, Starfleet Marines 17th Battalion
Templar of the Gallifreyan Order

Techerakh

Master Techerakh

"Mr. Balkazar, I will be happy to explain everything in detail soon enough. But I have things that require my attention first." Techerakh opened a communication with the Prodigal Son in orbit. "Report?" he asked.

Master Vetraas replied. "The Heraan are ceasing fire! All of a sudden, they just stopped attacking. They've formed up, shut down their engines... and they're just sitting there!"

"I'll be along shortly," Techerakh responded. He pointed to Raszagal and Alexia, who were resting across the antechamber. "With me." he ordered.
"En Taro Adun!"
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Head of the Gallifreyan Templar Caste

Taurik

Captain Taurik - Turbolift, Starbase Avalon

Taurik impatiently watched as the lights of the turboshaft passed by the lift car, causing the familiar pulse of light as the car moved through the shaft. He sensed the command deck approaching, and readied himself at the door. As soon as the doors parted, he slipped between them, and walked so briskly that he was one step from running. He immediately entered the wardroom and took an available seat, not bothering with protocol. As far as Taurik was concerned, he was at this conference as a Gallifreyan master, not as a Starfleet captain.

"I apologize for my lack of punctuality," he said shortly, addressing both the admirals and his fellow masters.
Captain Taurik
Commanding Officer
U.S.S. Rivendell - NCC-84540-B

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/starfleetcross.gif" border="0">http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/redcrest.gif" border="0">
Member of the Gallifreyan Sentinel Caste

Julian

(OFF: Flag Admiral lol my bad i demoted you >.<)
Admiral Julian, Conference Room, Station Avalon

As some of you may already know, Validium is used by the Gallifreyans as the ultimate weapon to kill the Na'jigat. The weapon is so powerfull, only the president of Gallifrey himself can authorise the use of it. Throughout the last millenia, the Validium particles have scattered all throughout the Van'Gu Cluster in its raw form.

Over the last few years, Starfleet have been able to collect small amounts for scientific study. Cutting a long story short, using the Validium, our scientists, with the latest help of the Driod Nexus, have been able to create a new defence against the Na'jigat.

Before now, the Na'jigat have been able to pass straight through our shields and hull making us seemingly defenceless against them, but with this new device they are going to find it much harder to break our lines.

*a visualisation appears on the table in a holographic format. the image is of a small mechanical looking device*

Its called the Validium Inductor Emitter. When enabled, it enlaces with a ships shield grid and emmites an energy signiture that instanly dissipates the life force of any Na'jigat that comes into contact with it. We were supplied with the first fully functional device last week. However we knew we needed more and so the U.S.S Iroquois was instructed on there last mission, to deliver this device in confidentiality, to the Droid Nexus Homeworld for the production. The Iroquois then retrieved the packages on their way back and they are now here on the station.

Not to worry, the Validium was not taken anywhere during this process. It is not part of the emitter it is encased inside the device.

*a new hologram is displayed showing the procedure of the Validium being placed inside the emitter device*

Now we have enough emitters and enough Validium to provide the full procection of our Fleet, but we do not have enough for any other ships. We also cannot let this new technology into the hands of our 'temporary allies'.

One device is being delivered and installed throughout the fleet as we speak.

Any questions??
EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.

Julia Rellek

Admiral Juli Rellek - Cockpit Cardinal Virtue

**Julia Fallowed Will onto the Virtue and took her seat behind him.**

**She laid her hands onto the screen and entered the sequence necessary to switch to an LCARS format. Normally she would have left the original controls but she could not afford any mistakes.**

"Alright Will, I've switched to LCARS and i've transferred operations and tactical to my station. All you'll have to do is fly this baby."
Name: Rellek, Julia Marie
Position: Member of High Command

"Fortune favors the bold"

Tigerlead

Tigerlead looked around the bridge of the Radiant Thunder... ppl were busy doing their jobs and he felt as he was left out so he thought to himself ~ This is probably not the best thing to do with an acting commodore of the joined fleet but what in the world i won't sit here doing nothing...~ so he said:
Captain Taurik, Ensign Tigerlead requesting permission to man the Tactical Station, sir!
Ensign Tigerlead
Security Officer
USS Rivendell

Will Karelia

Admiral Will Karelia - Cockpit, Cardinal Virtue

Will smiled sweetly. "You make it sound like we're not getting through this," he said. He stepped up from his seat and gave Julia a brief kiss. "I'm not going anywhere," he said softly.

A moment passed before he stood straight again. "If you'd like, now's a good chance to get some sleep. Once we reach Gallifrey, we won't have the chance for rest."
Name: Karelia, William Michael
Assignment: Commanding Officer, Avalon Division
                        Executive Officer, Expansion Task Force

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/meritoriousservice.gif" border="0">
"I'm glad that Karelia always understands the things, which I don't..." - Fleet Admiral Montrell

Tara Lollock

Capt Lollock - brisge, USS Iroquois

**Tara returns to her command seat.**

"Alright everyone, here we go. Korina, bring the new weapons online. Just in case. Lieutenant Swift begin firing, and maintain rotating frequencies."

"Ensign Clark, evasive action but maintain formation."

=/\=Lollock to Commander Teranis, watch those shields. I don't want to lose shields in mid-battle.=/\=
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

Tigerlead

Ensign Tigerlead, Bridge - The Radiant Thunder

=^= Tigerlead to T'kar Copy that! =^=

He quickly pressed a few buttons and activated the reverse tractor beam. He was unsure this would work but he did it anyway and continued firing with all guns. Secons later the shockwave announced the ship was destroyed.

=^= Tigerlead to T'kar. Good thinking ensign... it worked like a charm. And good job on the aft. torpedo tube too. Tigerlead out. =^=

The Radiant Thunder turned around to face the Heerani front while Tigerlead was trying to target their ships as best as he could. A five torpedo salvo hit one Heraani destroyer near it's core an the ship broke in half and exploded taking at least a two dozen small fighter to their doom.

=^= Tigerlead to T'kar. We're not doing much... Think we can overload the torpedo warheads? And no i don't care how stable they'll be as long as they don't blow us to oblivion and make a dent in those capital ships! =^=
Ensign Tigerlead
Security Officer
USS Rivendell

Will Karelia

Admiral Karelia - Pelican Dropship Charlie 0-2-2

Will jumped from the aft ramp of the Pelican, Julia's hand in his. Unfortunately, the fall was several meters, and Will's legs caught a bad footing when he landed, and he landed hard on his arm when he held it out to stop himself. There was a sickening crunch, and the sleeve over his contorted arm began to stain red.

Karelia managed to get himself to his feet and painfully put his arm back in the correct orientation. He seethed with pain, but tried his best not to show it. Ripping off his uniform jacket, he tied the arms together and hooked them over his neck, making a crude sling with the torso of the jacket. He smiled when Julia offered to help him, and assured her he was going to be fine. "I was a medical officer in my glory days, after all," he said.

"I'm glad that Karelia always understands the things, which I don't..." - Fleet Admiral Montrell

Legudon

Master Legudon - Starfleet Wardroom, Starbase Avalon

"I believe that's everyone," Legudon stated. "I'll be quite blunt here. The Na'jigat are primed once more to attack. The last time that they had achieved this level of power, several millennia ago, the Order was still led by Adun. That they have been able to conceal their power from us does not bode well."

"This has led to my recent discovery," he continued. "Not only that, but the Heraan have stepped up the creation of their armed forces almost threefold, and considering their already staggering numbers, that is of great concern. My investigations have led me to believe that their half-hearted attack on Earth recently was but a diversionary tactic; they do not view Earth as a significant target yet. They are focusing their true efforts, I have discovered, on Gallifrey itself."
Head of the Gallifreyan Sentinel Caste

Taurik

Captain Taurik - Command Deck, Starbase Avalon

Taurik was about to leave the room when he felt the psychic presence of Techerakh beckoning him to linger a moment. He waited as the majority of the Starfleet officers left, before projecting his thoughts to the Templar master. "What is it you require, Master?"

"Please," the master pleaded, "You are no longer my pupil, Taurik. In fact, this is why I need your attention. I know of your recent ordeal."

Taurik knew he should have been surprised, but was not. "In fact," Techerakh continued, "The whole council does, as does most of the Order. I know Dechtakar told you my interpretation of the legend of Nil'kimas, and that I believe you to be the embodiment of the Nil'kemorya. I am approaching you to confirm this."

Taurik was dumbfounded. "Techerakh," he said, remembering the templar's request to address him by name, "I am still one of the relatively newest members of the order. How can I be the embodiment of your god?"

Techerakh appeared disappointed. "Taurik, the Nil'kemorya is not 'our' god. Many races over many worlds have had countless names for the Nil'kemorya. And the legend is very clear on the fact that the one to bring ultimate unity to Gallifrey will be our greatest warrior, our most revered leader, and will not be born to Gallifrey itself. Your recent ordeal, Taurik? I could tell you what it is, but I believe you already know."

Taurik was silent for what seemed like an eternity. "The Nil'kemorya. I merged with it."

"In a sense," came the old master's reply. "More accurately, it merged with you. It allowed you a brief, small glimpse into it's existence."

"What does this mean?" Taurik asked, genuinely curious.

"It means," Techerakh replied, "that any Gallifreyan will fight and die by your word... myself included." The master gave one last second to allow the last sentiment to sink in, before he turned and left for his ship, the Prodigal Son.
Captain Taurik
Commanding Officer

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/starfleetcross.gif" border="0">http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/redcrest.gif" border="0">

Will Karelia

Admiral Will Karelia - Cockpit, Cardinal Virtue

Will settled into the seat at the fore of the cockpit, and keyed in the sequence to warm the thorium reactors. The subtle hum of systems coming to life could be heard as Julia slid into one of the chairs behind Will.

"Although I prefer the native interface," Will said, "you can switch your panel to LCARS if you like. I've made sure to give this baby all the Starfleet amenities."

Will grasped the flight controls, and the ship lifted from the hangar deck, and nimbly pivoted in the bay to face the forcefield spanning the mouth of it. Karelia ran his hand along the controls to boost the engines to 20%, and the ship banked out of the bay. In the cavernous expanse of the starbase's inner docking structure, the Virtue, while fast, had plenty of room to maneuver. Will took a wide angle toward the space doors, and banked the ship gently and steadily toward the exit.

As soon as the ship was free, he pushed the throttle to 75% to escape the docking pattern, removing himself from the path of other ships trying to enter and exit the station. He dropped the engines to zero, and engaged the retro-thrust system, which would bring the ship to a stop. He turned his chair toward the tactical system, and began scanning the area for all the allied ships in range, effectively taking a head count of all the ships involved.

Voyager

Lieutenant Dolan - Bridge, USS Normandy

Dolan was surprised at Rajnus's abrupt departure but orders were orders and he moved to sit in the Captain's seat.  Once he was seated, he began running through the workings of every weapon he knew of, wondering what would be the most effective in a ship-to-ship battle.  After assessing and reassessing each weapon type he knew of, he discarded the use of directed-energy or plasma based weaponary, as shields were designed to absorb and disperse energy in such a form.  He briefly considered trying to create a plasma or energy weapon that fired a narrow, high-intensity beam of energy or plasma, but discarded it, since though the weapon would likely prove extremely effective, the technology to create such a weapon did not yet exist - the closest parallel that Dolan could think of was one from his own universe, one that he did not have the schematics for; the Spiderbot was a highly experimental unit and its blueprints were a tightly guarded secret.

Dolan's second idea was also disgarded quickly - nuclear missiles were by far weaker than the photon and quantum torpedoes that the Federation possess.

The third idea that came to Dolan's mind was, to him at least, genius.  He immediately took out a PADD and began drafting a plan for a kinetic-based weapon, a railgun, a weapon that was common knowledge in the UEF.  His reasoning for this was that most ships relied on their shields as their main defense against enemy weaponary.  The projectile fired from a railgun takes advantage of this as it would be accelerated to speeds that would very likely penetrate through the shields immediately and, since most ships were additionally not heavily armored, severly damage the targeted vessel.  However, since Dolan was basing his idea off UEF designs, which were not designed to work in a space environment, it would take sometime to make all of the necessary adjustments to construct a working model.  As such, he finished plotting out most of the weapon's design before putting his PADD away and checking the viewscreen, observing the variety of ships that the fleet was composed of.
William "Voyager" Dolan
Lieutenant Junior Grade
U.S.S. Normandy
Chief Science Officer
http://www.expansionfleet.com/ships/ambassador2.gif" border="0">
Ambassador class specs: http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html" target="_blank">http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html

Taurik

Commodore Taurik - Bridge, Flagship Radiant Thunder

Taurik nodded silently, in a fashion that made it obvious his mind was elsewhere. He gazed at the viewer as the Thunder, leading a Federation fleet thirty-seven ships strong, dropped from FTL speeds. The main viewer depicted a titanic battle in the opening stages. The Heraan fleet had arrived, but by the look of the battle, minimal damage had been caused on either side. A combined fleet of Gallifreyan battlecruisers, Romulan warbirds, and Cardassian destroyers held their own against the pounding of a large line of Heraani warships.

A communication came in from the lead Gallifreyan vessel. "This is Master Temlaa, Mundokiir of the First Defense Fleet of Gallifrey. By Adun, you've arrived just in time!"

Taurik opened a channel to the entire combined Federation and Alliance fleets, as well as the Gallifreyan flagships accompanying them. "All ships, move into formation and target Heraani attackers. Fire at will."
Captain Taurik
Commanding Officer