• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 2: "The Dark Side"

Started by Julian, August 13, 2007, 10:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

(OOC:  Much of this next post is going to be an overview of what happened so far, since Dolan is trying to figure out why so much happened so quickly.  You could skip the first paragraph to save yourself some time)

IC:
**Mirror Dolan**

Dolan looked through some files as he waited for Admiral Julian's answer.  He found out that the bed he was just on was designed to reimprint DNA coding and brain wave patterns and quickly figured out that he must have reimprinted the data from the medical check up he had several years ago, though to him it seemed like an hour ago.  Dolan couldn't find a more recent medical file and concluded the imprinting machine couldn't either or else it would have used that file.  He also discovered that the station had been moved to Dantor a couple years ago and that during the move it was badly damaged by rebel forces.  He noticed the approaching fleet were also rebel forces and deduced they were here to finish the job.  He also saw there was a Federation vessel, a ship from another dimension, getting ready to leave the station, which was understandable since it was about to be destroyed.

Dolan also saw that there was a strange power leak on the station.  He took several minutes to decode what it was going to using unconventional methods to figure it out and discovered the power was heading for a temporal incursion weapon, designed to remove things from the space-time continuum, essentially making them so they never existed.  Some power also went to a calculator of some sort that calculated the effects of the temporal incursion.
Deciding this was too important to wait, he opened a comm channel to Admiral Julian.

=/\= Ensign - I mean, uhh...whatever, Dolan to Admiral Julian.  For some reason, some power is going to a temporal incursion weapon along with a calculator to compute the effects of a temporal incursion.  I don't recognize who made it, though I do recognize some of the methods used to recreate it.  I used several of them back on Earth.  Anyway, I believe it can be used to remove the enemy fleet from history, so they never existed.  From the history I uncovered about most of the ships in the rebel fleet, they all played an important part in the Rebellion's war against the New Terran Empire and throughout their history only have caused ill for the Empire.  Their removal from history could restore the station to its former glory.  If temporal shielding could be established on the Federation ship, they could leave the station unaffected by the changes to the timeline.  However, the station cannot be shielded from the temporal incursion weapon for the sake for the restoration of the station.  *The station starts to shake as shields in several areas of the station started to fail*  I suggest you decide quickly.  I'm making my way to the weapon now to input the calculations and to prepare to fire the weapon.  =/\=

Dolan left the room and headed for the location of the weapon.  He reached it quickly and waited for the Admiral's response.
William "Voyager" Dolan
Lieutenant Junior Grade
U.S.S. Normandy
Chief Science Officer
http://www.expansionfleet.com/ships/ambassador2.gif" border="0">
Ambassador class specs: http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html" target="_blank">http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html

Tara Lollock

**She turns to Cmdr Cok** "Thank you Commander, and while we are on the topic of promotions........ Congradulations are in order for you as well. You are now the official executive officer; congradulations Commander.

**Turns to address her Chief Engineer**
A temporal anomoly? Can you offer any speculations or theories?
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

Tara Lollock

Cook, i want any relevant information concerning the mirror universe as soon as possible. I only know the basics. Luckily i'm a quick study.

(OFF: DOnt worry im sure we wont go inactive, at least i hope not.)

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"

Apodae Swift

"Raising shields." Swift informed them, he didn't like being around so many ships without having shields raised. "Ma'am, I would like permission to fire a spread of torpedoes behind us. If we use the largest yield we have, we could momentarily blind thier sensors as we leave the area so they won't know which direction we went in. I doubt I can do any actual serious damage, but I may be able to give them something to think about before we leave." He was concentrating on what was at hand, as far as he was concerned some voice from ops could wait until they were out of immediate danger.
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
Acting Chief Tactical/Security Officer
USS Iroquois
http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=171;t=16" target="_blank">Apodae Swift's Personnel Profile
"Either you come in peace or we blow you to pieces, your choice." - Swift

Valen StarChaser

"Captain, theres a level 10 forcefield in place around the surgical bay till I can ascertain he wont try to assassinate you in your sleep.  So till my tests are done he has to remain here." Valen said actually attempting to be serious for a change but failing as he starts to bust up giggling.

"Im almost done with my tests and upgrading his medical record." Valen finally finished.

Nocturnus

NO doctor, i'm perfectly fine.  TIme displacements are nothing to be concerened about.  What i would be converned about is running into anohter you.   Double teaming would be a bad idea.  May I go now?
"To whom do you fear the most.  THe person who says they will kill you? Or the person who's still thinking about it."

Apodae Swift

"I apologise for the familiar tone I used admiral." Swift said to Nocturnus. "But it seemed the only way to gauge if you were who you say you are, of course I still don't fully believe it and I'll be assigning two security guards. Standard procedure. I hope you understand Sir." He said then turned to Captain Lollock. "Ma'am, with yourself and the rest of the senior staff down here there are few if any officers on the bridge. I believe that the Admiral is telling the truth but should still be watched, may I return to my place on the bridge and fire a few torpedoes at the pursuing rebels? As I said before, a high yield torpedo configured to fire in front of them may have a small chance of blinding thier sensors temporarily."
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
USS Iroquois
http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=171;t=16" target="_blank">Apodae Swift's Personnel Profile

Richard Ransom

********MIRROR********

*Ransom sat Down in a Chair in Front of the Main Control  Station it Rembled a Captains Chair on a Soverign Class Vessel Richard Angled the Chair*

Our Friend Taurik used to be Captian as he Said, but what he never Told you what Ship He Commanded.
*Richard Licked his Lips*  the Name was Iroquois, it took us 6 Months to Built her took us all Our Resources but she was Built and Command was Given to Him, I could have been assigned to that Ship but you know me, Iam not one to be in the Lime Light, even your Mirror that Ugly Bastered Helped. it was then Found that Our Friend out there was Attacking key Transports and these Transports wer'nt Normal Ones they Carryed every thing Needed to Complete Avalon, Computers, Weapon Turrets, Phaser Arrays, Torpeto Casings, the Terran Empire Striped a Lot of Outposts to gain those Suppies, also on Board were Crew to Man Avalon, a Lot of the Details I do'nt Really Know as its Rumors of the Final Moments, but Julian sent Taurik to Deal with it, I was'nt in the Exact Area at the Time as I was checking out one of the Rifts, but 2 Weeks after the Iroquois Left there was a Message from our Friend, Only Julian knows what was in the Message, but 12 Hours after the Message Taurik Arrived on a Transport from the DMC who found him and your Mirror and a few members of the Crew, after that your Mirror was Found Dead and Taurik never Spoke of the Iroquois again.

Now getting to your Avalon, from the Reports I got from the Alliance, they Opened a Rifted and Send someone to infiltrate Avalon, they Know that they Ca'nt Take Avalon with out Ships, but there Plan is This Pick a Time when there is no Ships and the Ailles of Avalon are no were to be found, they Make Avalon Powerless and take her, the last attack was a test run they stoped as they had ships there defending it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Richard Ransom
Postion:Pending

Apodae Swift

"Yes it is outlawed, any reason why?" Swift asked, he turned to looked at the Mirror people p[resent. "Nope? No ideas anyone? Don't even want to take a guess? How about you, yes you, the security guy in the back, any ideas? No? No? Anyone? Just try an answer, you might get it right. No? Well here's a reason, not sure if it's a good one though, might not be. Oh, you'll kick yourself when you find out the answer though. It's pretty fracking obvious." He said with a  rather pleasant manner. "How about, and bare with me here, because of basic rights for sentient beings? How about that?" He asked, he hated slavery. "What am I thinking? Basic rights for sentient beings? What sort of honest, good, nice, and down right pleasant people would use that as a reason. I must be speaking gibberish." He said using a delicate and subtle sarcasm that would be easy for some to miss. "Basic civil rights and liberties, our universe sure is crazy right? Maybe we should evil things up a notch?"
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
USS Iroquois

Apodae Swift

"Prime directive?" Swift said a bit weakly, that was rtich after everythign previous starfleet opfficers had done in this universe. He decided to let it go, he liked Lollock and didn't want to push the subject because of it. He was however still weary of these Mirror versions of people. He justs didn't trust them, thier track record with him up until that point wasn't exactly squeaky clean.

((OOC: Sorry for the lateness of my reply, work and university and such.))
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
USS Iroquois

Weasly Cook

Commander Cook looked at the Chief of security officer with a blank look... "I didn't know you were a historian on the side lines Lt. Swift... Considering that the Panda has made a come back from the verge of extinction due to major efforts on the world level during the early 21st century. I am impressed." His voice showed that he was really impressed and happy at the idea that he was not all about weapons and blowing things up as he thought he would have rant on about.

He was however confused.  He looked at taurik. "No longer a Captain? Did you advance in a rank?"
For the twentith time Captain Smith, you are not to dart into the hallway.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">

Apodae Swift

"No can do, prime directive says we can't artificially advance alien cultures. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that covers alternate realities as well." Swift said with a smile, he wasn't sure if alternate realities were covered by the Prime Directive but he wasn't going to hand over his weapon. He wasn't stupid. "Also, genetic enhancements? You know in our universe that's been illegal since a little guy named Kahn went crazy and started trying to take over the world. Regardless I think I could beat you as easily as I could that Taurik guy. Strength doesn't win a battle, skill does." Because of Dolan's admittance of his genetic enhancements he had just become the second biggest threat on this base. The one he would have to neutralise after Taurik if things went sour.
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
USS Iroquois

Tara Lollock

Helm take us through that rift.

"Aye sir"

Commaner keep those sensors running.

Lieutenant, we're only going to fire if necasary, we can't forget the prime directive.

"Die well!"

Nocturnus

Finally were out of here.. commander cook once your past the rift, the device is programmed to delete it's core program.  YOu will not be able to use it.  Sorry.  But you are familer with the Directives of Starfleet.  My sincereist apologies captain.
"To whom do you fear the most.  THe person who says they will kill you? Or the person who's still thinking about it."

Julian

=^=Admiral Julian to the crew of the U.S.S Iroquois. Repairs of your ship have been completed are you are all requested to meet in the conference room on SS Avalon as soon as possible for your next mission breifing.. Julian out. =^=
EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.