• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Sickbay postings

Started by Deacon Law, April 17, 2004, 08:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deacon Law

Uhh..ok..I give up...what's the deal here? Either you guys have a nasty case of Subalek Prime Virus, or someone is in big trouble...I admit it...ok, I was going to meet the admiral on my next break, Honest!!!
CMO-Starphoenix, DR. Deacon Law

TLia

*TLia enters sickbay and looks around. See's the burning table and the wounded Sullivan and rushes over to the Doctor.*

"I am your new XO, T'lia. But i suppose we have very little time for pleasentries, do we? What is his condition, Doctor?"

9 of 11

Very well. Let us hurry, we do not have much time.
*9 begins searching around. After a bit of searching, 9 comes across a spare power cell*
Here this should do. Did either of you two find any field emitters.

(Edited by 9 of 11 at 4:05 pm on July 23, 2004)

You are the Cancer, I am the cure

Deacon Law

"Ok, Let me show you what I know so far."
** Deacon explains the history of the bag and it's contents to Dr T'Lia...He takes out some of the bags contents and told her of the past 'tests' he had conducted not only on himself, but also other 'patients' he had that were pronounced incurable or DEAD!**
**He explained that some of the items when used in concert with each other, would produce a certain effect.  When the same items were used in a different sequence, it would produce a totally different result.  Sometimes in certain combinations, the sequence would produce nothing.  The sequences, when they worked, always produced a positive result, never a negative one, but the difference was the length of time it took to heal certain injuries.  He knew, for instance, a combination that would heal burns, third, even fourth degree with severe nerve and tissue damage, in a matter of hours.  He also knew a combination that would completely heal fractured bones. Another combination, which was the one he was most concerned with at the moment, would totally replace the fluid/electrolyte balance in less than a minute.  He tested this on Rynax 5's desert plains.  Deacon walked into the desert with nothing but the black bag.  Temperatures topped off at 58 degrees celcius during the day, and down to 3 degrees celcius at night.  He stayed in the blistering sun in that desert for 32 days, and didn't even return with a sunburn.  This is why he wasn't too concerned  with the lack of sustenance their current situation dicated.**  
**After the patients had all been treated, he took a sequence for himself and Dr T'Lia. 9 of 11 was a different matter entirely.  This was new groundbreaking trials they were about to embark on...**
" 9 of 11...This of course is not a 'recharge', and I can understand if you refuse the sequence...You can either try this,  and take the chance the sequence could react adversely with your implants, seeing them as 'foreign objects' and rid the body of them as it replaces your fluid electrolyte balance, or wait until it is absolutely nescessary to save your life then, and only then.  I am not certain of exactly what else it does at the same time it rehydrates you.  It does nothing harmful to humans, Vulcans, Bajorans and other bipedal species without artificial implants, but the choice is yours.  No one has come up with a 100% successful way to return a borg with implants back into the original host with all implanted devices completely removed...there is always a residual amount of something left behind...This could possibly be the answer to return you to normal, but not under these uncontrolled circumstances...the choice is yours." Deacon warns.

Deacon Law

**Deacon replies,"What is it with you Klingons? There are reasons the security protocols are in place...so things like this don't happen."" Every Klingon I have treated in the past 20 years says the same thing, "The holodeck malfunctioned." he scorns."Have a seat over there on the exam table and I'll be right there..."
**Deacon locates a dermal re-generator and a hypo-spray of local anesthetic,and thinks to himself," This one is a little deep.**
"You know I am required to report all injuries to the command adjutant in my weekly briefing," "But I never really was a stickler for rules ." "It's just one more broken spoke on the wheel of buracracy that keeps it from spinning."
**Deacon readies the hypo-spray of anesthetic and and hears a low, "Ggrrrrr."
" Hey look, it's no big deal to me, but if you don't want anesthetic, no problem." Deacon says.
"This cut is just a little deep, and if you squirm while I am fixing it, I might hit the artery you managed to barely miss by 2mm or less."
"Klingons don't squirm.""Just get on with it." Morga warns.
**Deacon chides,**"Ok, but I don't want to have to move you to a surgical table, getting Klingon blood all over the place." "I have important things to attend to, like finishing listening to the 3rd movement of Dargan's Klingon opera of the Chronicles of the 300 year Battles of Tarmac."
**He begins the treatment thinking,"It is absolutely amazing how the pain threshhold of Klingons is 25% more than any species in the known galaxy."**
**The treatment takes about 15 minutes due to the severity of the laceration.**
"Ok, all done, but that scar isn't pretty, it would have looked better if Superman here hadn't moved so much."
**Morga Harf asks, "Who?"
"Never mind. He was an old hero of the 20th century Earth."
"What great battles did he triumph?" Morga Harf asks.
"Uhhh, none really, it is difficult to explain."
"Then he was not a great Earth warrior." "Typical...", and reaches out to grasp wrists with Deacon in classic Klingon  greeting style, and says "Ka Pla."
**He stands to his towering 6'6" full height and leaves Deacon  thinking, "I thank the Gods of Socor I am on "His" side."

Xachle walks through the open doors of the sickbay.  Noticing Dr. Law he approches him, "Dr. Law. I'm now your new medical XO."

(Edited by Deacon Law at 9:12 pm on April 18, 2004)

Deacon Law

"Well, it looks as if this is turning out to be quite the busy place." Deacon says.**
" Mr Xachle, I suppose the pleasantries will have to wait..."
**Deacon walks over to the visitor, ans says " Good morning, my name is Dr Deacon Law, the medical dept. CO, and this is Dr Xachle, the XO, I don't believe we have had the pleasure."
**Mark White extends a hand,and says," Mark White, Science Officer XO."
**Deacon says " I guess the CO commanding this place is a hardass, we have people actually reporting 'BEFORE' their annuals are due, instead of me doing everything but send a security team to bring them here kicking and screaming..."
**He turns to Xachle, "Remind me to write him a Thank-You note, and send flowers." he jokes.**
" Mr Xachle, Mr Whites annual is your first official assignment. You go ahead and get started, and I will locate his last bio-scan from the transporter logs and send them to the exam tables auto-dictation interface."
** As he is walking towards the physicians ready room Deacon says," Mr White, a pleasure to make your aquaintance, and I leave you in Dr Xachles capable hands."
"Mr Xachle, I am confident you will inform me of any aberrant results."
** The ready room doors swish open and Deacon enters with a little smirk on his face thinking,"This might not be such a bad assignment after all," 

Deacon Law

**Deacon chimes in as he reaches his ready room,"I would say give them my best, but Dr Xachle here would ask "Best what?"...This exam just takes a few minutes, so you won't be late...We appreciate your coming in on your own behalf,...I hope everyone follows your lead and shows up....thanks."

(Edited by Deacon Law at 5:30 pm on April 18, 2004)

John Bostic

*A security team sent by commander Bostic entered sickbay and held positions at the doors.*
CO of Security on Starphoenix

Event Horizon

*The cloud of energy was delighted.*
"Energy... energy! Growing stronger!"
"Want more energy!"
"Receiving energy from their weapons!!!"
"But want more!"
"Seek all energy now!!"
*Parts of the dark cloud start moving into a different shape, as if it is becoming a tornado, extending its tail at the power core of Starphoenix Station. In a matter of moments, it hits the building that houses the power core.*
"Energy in there! Need the energy!"
*As the cloud hits the building, a huge explosive sends large pieces of debris in all directions, crushing down on other buildings, setting them all on fire. The tail of the cloud penetrates into the ruins of the building, seeking the energy source, and starts feeding from it. One by one, the lights and all systems go down in the different buildings on the station...*

Deacon Law

"I agree, this isn't the most opportune time to have a welcoming afternoon tea...I'm afraid the Admiral has taken some very serious injuries...the most concerning  is the electrical shock the admiral received...I have absolutely no idea of the amount of energy dispersed to his body, only that aside from the obvious physical injuries due a fall of considerable height, the Admiral is stable condition.  He became conscious for a brief second, the he lapsed into a coma...I've been monitoring his vital signs with the portable emergency medical equipment, but it doesn't have the diagnostic capabilities of a Bio-table of course...we have more injured coming in, but the whole base is in shambles, we will treat each patient conservatively after they are triaged with the more seriously injured patients over here, and the less injured over by the storage locker area until power is restored... oh, and by the way, my name is Deacon Law, welcome aboard."

TLia

T'lia takes the screaming patient to one side and immedaly sedates the patient. As she is scanning she ask the guard how this happened and begins treating his burns.

TLia

"This is a sickbay, not an scuba diving school. But I suppose we could set up a forcefield around the door to seal it off."

TLia

*TLia pulls open a supply closet to one side and turns to Decon.*
"Doctor, are there any field emitters in sickbay or anything we can use at all?" She looks as if she is about to move to another closet when she pauses and looks up.
"Can anyone else hear that? That humming...If i am not mistaken i believe some very powerful telepaths are nearby. It could be the Galifreyans come to help us with the Na'jigat attack."

9 of 11

Doctor, do you have any way of communicating too the outside  world? Any way at all?

OFF:I know we're out of power but I felt that I had to say something.

You are the Cancer, I am the cure