• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Sickbay postings

Started by Deacon Law, April 17, 2004, 08:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deacon Law

OFF- All postings from the sickbay will now be located at the USS Lothorien link from the main Starphoenix homepage. (until I can get things back to normal in our own arena!) Please, if you are going to do something like beam people out of their normal location, do so by posting it in their area, not yours...it helps when we are infomed of such transfers and only when we agree to totally change our storylines..thanks
CMO-Starphoenix, DR. Deacon Law

Event Horizon

"Energy...receiving lots of energy!.."
"Gallifreyans are trying to fight us....But we have lots of energy.."
"They are becoming weaker...we must overwhelm them..we shall oppose them.."
*Then the storm on Dantor increases and several buildings of the Starphoenix base collaps by the power of nature.
"..We still need energy...Dantor is almost depleted...to oppose the Gallifreyans we need more energy..."
"..Searching...Searching...Energy coming to us...ships are entering this part of space..."
At that moment the energycloud in space went away from planet Dantor and set course for the incoming vessels.

Morga Harf

Then Gently jog out the knot that the doctor left in there to fix the muscle as it move to the Lothlorien, See you next time I'm here.
Lieutenant Commander Morga Harf
USS Evolution.
First Officer.

Mark White

*Puts his hands up in surrender*
"Yes doctor, I don't want any trouble"
*Lies on the bio-bed*

Sarah Parker

=A=Parker to Doctor Law=A=

"Expect Sullivan in the infirmary, Doctor."

=A=Parker out.=A=

*Sullivan is transported into one of the beds. He lies unconcious, possibly in a comatose state. His left wrist and right leg appear to be broken, his left ankle shattered completely. His uniform is ripped at the ribs, baring his now bruised sides, possibly a broken rib or two as well. He bleeds terribly from the head, the wound looking to be the result of the impact of his fall to the ground.*

http://www.g4-hosting.net/~force198/ID-Parker.jpg" border="0">
S. Parker.

Deacon Law

**Deacon thinks, " Dammit people, I'm a doctor, not an Engineer!!!"**
" Someone better figure this thing out, I've got a patient in serious condition, over here another barely hanging on, another in a coma, I don't need drowning victims as well!; especially me!!  If you re-route the power cell to the patient Isolation room, we can move these patients in there and power up the quarantine field to create our own sub-aquatic environment in there for hours if need be. Once that force field goes up, we won't be able to get out unless we cut the power...It has to last until the water subsides So get with it, I'll start moving these patients while you 2 get to work....Make this happen, our lives depend on your expertise"

TLia

Unfortunatly the sandwhich I had left over from lunch is still in sickbay and I do not care to return and get it. Oh wait...I can see it now...floating past...fascinating.

TLia

*Feels the tremors from the collapsing buildings and turns to Decon.*
I think the question of how long we can survive being housed in this room has turned into a question of how long the room can survive to house us. I doubt even your incredible equipment can keep the room structurally sound. Surely there is a communications pannel somewhere in the room that we could rig up to a power cell and reach the outside world. Right?

Joshua Smith

Walks into sickbay

Doctor? I think it is time for my yearly check up.

"Humor, jokes, and sarcasm are not logical Doctor." He turns to Mister White, his pointed ears twiching at White's last comment. "Mister White please get on the table, now. I have already wasted enough of your time. So please make haste. Don't worry about Miss Parker. I promise to presonally deal with her exam."

Deacon Law

"Affirmative Admiral....For Pete's sake, would someone give me a briefing as to what the #### is happening?"...Deacon screams...
"With all these power outages, how am I supposed to take care of all these casualties?  I've received 12 separate emergecy coms for casualties arriving....I've got no assistace, the emergency medical hologram is offline,and to top it off, I've got no lights!!!"
**Deacon attemts to attend to the injured man on his table...He can barely make out a figure let alone treat the man...He goes to the emergency weapons locker, breaks the glass, and takes the phaser from within, turns and fires it at the unused XO's desk near  surgical table 1 and continues until  it erupts into flames...**
" I hope nothing important was in there..."Deacon says aloud...
** Deacon runs to his personal effects locker and removes what looks like to be a small black bag, and rushes to the Admirals side.**
" Admiral, can you hear me?" Deacon asks with almost 100% certainty there will be no response.
"Well, Admiral, I guess if I use some of these rudimentary medical devices and Starfleet banned and prohibited medications to save your life, you won't crucify me at a court martial for posession..."
**Deacon takes out a small PADD looking device and turns it on...it makes a slight whirring noise, and Deacon moves this over the unconscious patient...a grimace comes over the Dr's face as he sorts through the bag and grabs what looks similar to a hypo spray,makes a few twists to Adjust dosage? and injects the contents into the patients neck...he takes another scanning device from ythee bag and holds it over the patients chest...he makes a few more twists on the hypo spray device and injects the patient this time in the chest....he takes out a small device turns it on and places it on the patients forehead...it starts glowing a dark red color, and starts a slow pulsing flash...**
" I hope I get the dosages right, I haven't fully had the chance to research the parameters of these drugs yet..." Deacon says aloud.
"This medical stuff smuggled in from a Tersian trader cost me a fortune, but I couldn't resist when he said he'd "obtained" it a medical ship in the Delta Quadrant...I've only had it afew months to run tests, but the results so far are nothing like anyone in the Alpha Quadrant has ever seen.. the healing properties, the regenerative affects...amazing to say the least..." Deacon recalls.
**The trader told him he saw a man who took a direct phaser blast to the chest and pronounced dead 15 minutes later walk out of the ships infirmary on his own accord...The trader watched as 2 people left the small  treatment room empty handed, and when no one was looking, slipped in the door.  He said the only thing in the room besides the normal looking treatment table, was the black bag.  It made it's way into the traders possession.**
**Deacon studied all the known contents, and by themselves, wouldn't be appreciable, but in certain dosages, a certain symbiotic bond took place...this bond, mixed with the unknown ingredients and substances also found within the mixtures, had miraculous properties.**
** The Device that looked similar to a Starfleet diagnostic probe used with a PADD was just that, except it also worked in conjunction with a cortical stimulator type device that monitored and gave "directions" to small nanocytes injected into the patients body. These nanocytes could not only repair damage, but also replicated damaged cells and tissues at a remarkable rate and transmitted their progress through the monitoring device...they could even act independently of it's given instuctions and and repair tissue it "finds" and then continues with it's programming.  After the nanocytes "healing" is completed, most are excreted through normal bodily excretions, but a few stay behind to continue the healing process which aid in rapid recovery.**
**Deacon suspects the healing process in managing a direct phaser blast would be fairly simple since the damaged area is in a confined area...but injuries such as these on his current patient, multiple fractures and damaged organ structures, would indeed take a while longer...The biggest concern besides not being 100% certain about dosages, is the length of time it would take the nanocytes to replicate themselves to a level to treat more than one patient...He suspects the medical ship these devices came from had multiple sets of these tools, so when one was recharging, others could be used, bu that wasn't his case right now, and more patients were on the way...**
**He takes out the phaser and fires at what's left of the glowing desk again...It bursts into flames, and light fills the room...Just at that moment, the emergency fire control sensors release a blinding cloud of cold gas into the room...the desk crumples and the room goes dark...**
**Deacon is trying to locate an emergency PLED (personal light emitting device) when he hears a barely audible groan of "Where am I?" coming from the direction of the surgical table...**
**Deacon locates th PLED and turns it on.**
"Lie still Admiral, you are in the Sickbay...You have to lie still, you have been seriously injured and are being treated." Deacon replies.
"Oh, by the way,  I am Dr. Deacon Law,..I didn't think we'd be meeting under these circumstances".....
**The Admiral drifts off ...unresponsive....."####!"**

(Edited by Deacon Law at 5:20 pm on July 12, 2004)

(Edited by Deacon Law at 4:19 pm on July 20, 2004)

Event Horizon

*The darkness that the energy cloud casts over the base, seems to keep growing stronger and more intense, as the Na'jigat feeds from the station's energy source almost first hand through the water. But then suddenly... there is a momentary faltering, and for a moment the cloud looks like a sky of thunderstorm clouds that are beginning to clear just a little, and leaving just one ray of the sun through... some bright white light appears to be shine through the vast darkness of the energy cloud, so bright and clear that it does not seem to come from the Na'jigat cloud itself, and neither can be undone by the Na'jigat... The bright ray of light grows slightly wider and stronger, shining brightly upon one of the buildings of Starphoenix Base... even so strong that the light almost seems to easily go THROUGH the thick walls of the building, making it look a bit brighter in its surrounding darkness... and then gently, the light fades away again... The Na'jigat cloud seems to become restless, and even more eager to feed itself from the energy as fast and as much as it can...*

Deacon Law

"Well I hope this water level goes down soon...Where th #### did it come from anyways?  Actually what the #### is going on around here?  I was all ready for an afternoon tea, then 'BAM' all #### breaks loose and here we are with no communications, no electricity, no food...the first thing we learned in survival training was find shelter,then food, then water...it seems we have accomplished the first,the second is not possible, and the third we have in excess...Any suggestions?" Deacon asks...

HK47

Guys you were beamed off planet when HK47 which is a driod alright!.......did a sweep of the base to get everyone off planet your now aboard the lothlorien helping with things....And your about an hour away from Avalon http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>.............So post your replaies and stuff on the lothlorien link forums http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

HK is a DA driod alright ?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/admiralkarelia/HK47.jpg" border="0">

Deacon Law

"Well, Welcome to sickbay...I wish all of my patients would report on their own...I usually have to request the Skipper suspend their duties before they show up."
"I am Dr Deacon Law...everyone usually refers to me as either Deacon, or Doc.." He says as he steps over to greet Mr Smith.
"What is your name and assignment ?...Deacon asks.
"Josua Smith, Chief of communications"...
Deacon replies, "Well, after a few personal health history questions, and a quick scan on the exam table, we will be updated for the next year."
**Joshua Smith replies,"Great, I'm due for a shift in an hour."
"We'll see... if everything checks out, I can probably have you out of here in a few minutes."
**Deacon finds the Chiefs medical records and profile in the in the medical database on his desktop LCARS console.**
"It says here you had contracted the Telaxian flu a few months ago." Deacon states.
Chief Smith replies,"Yes, and after the fevers and nausea went away after the first week, I could almost get out of my bed without assistance."
**Deacon queries," Only two weeks?, wow, your species is well noted for fast recovery from various ailments, but I didn't realize your immune systems were so resilient to viruses."
**Deacon looks at the results of the exam tables tests, and says,"Your CPK enzymes are up a little,but everything else checks out...your elevated enzymes could be the leftover results from the flu, but if you have any breathing problems, or tightness around your heart area, come back and see me ASAP. You don't want the enzymes to get too high and cause oyu to convert to a Telaxian Flu carrier".
**Chief Smith says, "I didn't know males could be carriers, I thought only females could be..."
**Deacon replies," Very few males convert, but it does happen...only when their levels get to a certain point.  Stay away from promiscuous females of any species when you take leave in this sector...Leave should be spent enjoying the places and sights this side of the galaxy has to offer, not laying in bed wishing you had the strength to lift a phaser to you head and pull the trigger."
"Ok ",the chief says, "I'll be less adventurous on my next shore leave. Thanks, see you around the station."
**Deacon closes the LCARS and says "I'll buy you a drink or two at the bar if I see you there."
"Ok, I'll hold you to it!" the Chief replies as he activates the doors and exits, the doors making the barely audible "swooosh" noise of  a new base station.