• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

The Flag Admiral's Office

Started by Vorak, September 21, 2004, 09:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

*Vorak raises an eyebrow.*
"You... sent the U.S.S. Evolution away, back to where the ship just returned from, to transport a Loxian captive there?"
*Vorak frowns.*
"The Dark Passage is a region known to interfere with sensors and subspace communications. It is unlikely that we will be able to reach them now. Maybe the Loxian captive will be safer there anyway. After all, the Loxian exiles have more right to the Loxian prisoners than we do."
*Then he turns to Detrell.*
"Mr. Detrell, what suggestions do you have to improve the tactical advantage of the station? Shield and weapon upgrades, perhaps?"
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

dutchman

*walks in and sees the admiral*
sir your transport is here http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>
and sir i also habe my orders to take along a ambasador to help us out whit the dlta allience
http://mars.walagata.com/w/sirius000/_NEWIDDutchman.jpg" border="0">

Hodson

*incoming transmission*

Commander this is Cadet Hodson,I'm not doing intel I'm doing Command training on the Lhasa and Mr. Davis said he would train me but now he wont post and I would be thankful for any assistance you could give. I'm also in command of the Lhasa for the moment as soon as we get back to the station I will have you transported aboard. Thank you sir. Hodson out.

Vorak

*Vorak raises an eyebrow.*
"Mr. Sanchez. I do not recall us having a meeting appointment, and I am expecting admiral Montrell for a briefing any moment. Is it urgent?"
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Hedford

OFF: The thing with Morrow happend earlier...Hermes will post in a few days...stating that Morrow will be needed in the Engineering department and also tells Hedford that he needs to go to Admiral Vorak. I didn't want to cancel our "talk"/"drink" immediately, so I thought why don't we "act" as if it happend earlier.
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Hedford.jpg" border="0">

Embries

"Well, I assume that the evacuation procedures and shutting down those empty decks, will take some time, but recalibrating the sensors will, with Mr. Hedford's help, be done in less than an hour. I suggest Ms. Kha'Var's ship does not leave until we have completed the recalibration, so we can send the sensor modification sequences to her ship first."
Major Embries
Chief Science Officer Avalon Station
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/id-embries.jpg" border="0">

Montrell

*Montrell stands up and walks towards Captain Skon, Taurik and Commander Rasmain*

"Gentlemen, please return to your ships and inform your crew of the situation. Don't give them all details but let them know what we are up against. Then prepare your ship and let me know if you need something, from supplies or engineering personel. The preparation of your ships is a top priority and they need to be in a top condition to fight these Loxians." *Montrell stops for a moment*
"That was all gentlemen, more instructions will follow. Good luck to you all!"

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-montrell.jpg" border="0">

Vorak

*Vorak glances at Kha'Var, and then turns to the rest of the officers present in his ready room.*
"I believe not all of you have met my... wife, yet. This is Kha'Var."
*Then he gets up and walks toward a wall screen, and activating it, it displays a star chart.*
"This is the location of Avalon Station, where we are now. The location here, however, near the exit of the Dark Passage, is the Loxian homeworld, called Loxius, approximately 130 light years from here. Recently, I have been informed that, when a Loxian Government spy was on board the U.S.S. Skytoucher, he placed a secret tracking device into the ship's systems. This device was triggered again, during the capture of the ship. It was discovered that this device has intelligent programming, enabled to find out if its operator is Loxian or not. More so, it is designed with the purpose to get control over all systems of a ship, and send transmissions to the Loxian homeworld, without any sensors detecting these subspace signals. This is exactly what happened, and we may likely assume that the Loxian homeworld is aware that their Loxian spy is in this vicinity. Over the past year, we have captured three Loxian Government operatives. A year ago we took Kowan into costudy, who is still in our brigs here on the station, and more recently we captured Vakin and Varnek. Although none of them have had a chance to speak with one another, all three have told the same story during their interrogations... They claim that the Loxian Government will come for them. Not to rescue them, but to kill them... as to wipe out evidence of the government's barbaric and illegal activities, and silence any witnesses who may be able to leak any information to outsiders. I believe it is wise to take these statements seriously."
*He taps a button on the wall panel, and a picture of Vontak Nor appears, and next to it the U.S.S. Skytoucher in a bad shape. In the background, several alien ships are surrounding both the Skytoucher and the station, firing weapons at both... The sounds from inside the Skytoucher's bridge can be heard...*
Rasmain: "Those fighters are on our tail, sir. Or at least a part of the group..."
*The Skytoucher is under heavy fire. Because of the heavy fire, several consoles blow up and fires begin to appear. Rhade, at the tactical station, falls back and hits his head. He slumps to the deck. Skon looks over at Rhade and sees that his tactical officer is injured.*
Skon: "Evasive manoeuvres. Get us out of the thick of the fight and be prepared to turn and attack. Mr. Nofftz, take the tactical station. Fire a spread of torpedoes at those Loxian fighters and then calculate an attack pattern we can use as soon as we get some room to manoeuvre. Mr. Lupin, transfer all available power to the shields. Get a damage control team up here to help put out these fires, and give me an updated damage report."
*The skytoucher shakes.*
Jesse Nofftz: "Aye aye, sir. Firing torpedoes."
*The bridge takes a direct hit and sparks fly.*
"Phasers have been disabled all we have is torpedoes. We just lost port shields."
*Skon's knuckles turn white as he grips the edges of his seat to keep from falling out. The Skytoucher shakes again, and the ship begins to list to one side. Damage reports begin to come in. Fires on decks 14 and 15. Damage to the port nacelle. Power outages on decks throughout the ship. Nearly no part of the ship is completely undamaged...*
Skon: "Continue firing, Mr. Nofftz. Mr. Rasmain, now would be a good time to get us farther away from here. Since we no longer have port shields, I suggest a course that keeps our port side as safe as possible. Mr. Lupin, divert all non-essential power to the shields."
Jesse Nofftz: "Firing torpedoes."
*The ship shakes, sparks fly from my post I fall to the ground. I get back up.*
Jesse Nofftz: "I am alright, sir.  Starboard shields at 9%. One more hit and they will collapse."
Skon: "More reports come in. A hull breach in deck 8, plasma conduits erupting in engineering. Crewmen trapped on deck 17. Mr. Rasmain, emergency manoeuvres. Plot a course into the anomaly and hold it until we can tell whether the Loxians are willing to follow us. Mr. Nofftz, It's good that you aren't hurt. Continue firing as long as you can. Mr. Lupin, get a damage control team to deck 17 and free those trapped crewmen."
Tom Lupin: "Power diverted to shields, commander!"
*The ship is hit again and the bridge shakes, and sparks fly from all  posts.*
"Sir, starboard shields are down. We can't take much more of this. Firing torpedoes in dispersal pattern sierra. One enemy target hit, sir."

*Vorak hits a button and ends the replay of the events.*
"I believe that this recording clearly shows that an assault by the Loxian Government is to be taken serious. They entered the Dark Passage with a fleet of over 20 ships, and a squadron of fighters, plus a hidden backup fleet, with only one purpose: to retrieve their spy. It is logical to assume that we should be prepared for no less, this time. Although the station's defences are far superior to those of a starship, we may still be extremely vulnerable to such an attack."
*He taps another button. The image of the Dark Passage disappears, and the star chart reappears.*
"If the Loxian fleet were to depart from their homeworld today, and head straight for our coordinates at warp 9.9, they will be here in 14 days. Though it is unlikely that they will be able travel the entire distance at maximum warp, we do not know if they have already departed, or not. They may already be on their way for several days. We can only be prepared for an attack at any given time possible. Therefore, we must spend our remaining time well, preparing the station's defences."
*He turns to Detrell.*
"Mr. Detrell, I want all weapons and defence systems at peak efficiency.
*Then he turns to Montrell.*
"I believe that the U.S.S. Skytoucher and U.S.S. Rivendell are on their way to the station again. They must commence emergency repairs, and then prepare for battle, to help defend the station when the Loxian fleet arrives. Also, I believe that U.S.S. Evolution is docked to the station still, and can assist, am I right?"

OFF: Montrell: Vorak doesn't know that you sent the Evolution back to Vontak Nor, with Varnek. You're going to have to tell him that now :P

*Then he turns to Janeway and Embries.*
"I believe your tasks are clear. Scan this sector, and all neighbouring sectors for as far as sensors reach, for any unusual activity. If we can detect the arrival of the Loxian fleet well in advance, it may help us gain some tactical advantage. Mr. Embries, perhaps you could discover what we should refine our sensors to scan for, in order to pick up Loxian vessels more easily. Ms. Janeway, I will need you at the tactical station in ops, when the battle begins."
*Then he turns to Dr. Nickerson.*
"I believe I do not need to tell you to keep sickbay ready for wounded. If the Loxians attack in force, it is unlikely that we can make it through without any casualties."
*Then at last, he turns to ambassador Gordon.*
"Until the fleet arrives, ambassador, I want you to concentrate your time on the civilians of this station. They must be relocated to the safest areas possible, on the station. When the Loxian fleet arrives, we may have use of your diplomatic skills, to avoid weapons fire."
*For a moment, Vorak hesitates, and then turns to Kha'Var.*
"I understand your ship is still docked to the station. If the Loxian fleet arrives, we will need all help possible. If you still want to show your warrior skills then, you will be most welcome."
*Then he sits back down in his seat.*
"Questions, anyone? Or suggestions, perhaps?"

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Randall Sanchez

*Just when the door opens when Reynolds leaves, Sanchez arrives and steps into the doorway.*
"Admiral, is this a bad time?"
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-sanchez.jpg" border="0">

Vorak

"Indeed. Therefore, we will require every commissioned ship to tow the station with tractor beams, and use the internal power engines of the station simultaneously. It will be a slow and delicate task, but one that needs to be done."
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

"What crucial decision do you refer..."
*Vorak notices that Tyn has disappeared.*
"Computer, has the other humanoid used a transporter to beam out."
Computer: "Negative."
*Vorak frowns.*
"Fascinating... a Q."
*Vorak takes a padd, makes note of the exact time and place of the Q encounter, and then leaves his office to go to ops.*

OFF: the Loxian battle story will now continue in ops and other forums.

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Embries

"A perfect idea! They won't know what's happening to them, and we will have the element of surprise at our side!"
*He takes a padd and taps some buttons.*
"Hmmm... ah, here it is. From the sensor reports of the U.S.S. Skytoucher during its encounter with the Loxian Government fleet, I can conclude that they appear to use koranium, which is also a subspace element used in Klingon warp drives. However, this particular element is not a regular koranium element. The Loxians apparently use soliton koranium, a rare combination but effective. Soliton is known, basically, to consist energy that does not diminish, and is capable of generating subspace fields allowing vessels to travel at warp speed with low energy consumption."
*He puts his padd aside and turns to admiral Vorak and Kha'Var.*
"I believe I can recalibrate the station's sensors to increase their sensitivity scans particularly for soliton koranium. That way we should be able to track them far more efficiently and easier. We may even be able to determine from the soliton koranium emissions, how large their fleet more or less is. Ms. Kha'Var, I could also transmit the scanner modification sequences to your ship as well, so you can benefit from this advantage too."
Major Embries
Chief Science Officer Avalon Station
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/id-embries.jpg" border="0">

KHa Var

*Just as Vorak is about to answer KHa'Var, she sees an officer standing outside the door.  She thinks 'not another interuption!'.*
-"Duj tlvoqtaH"
-(Always trust your instincts.)
http://www.foederationsdatenbank.de/fdb/personen/bilder/kurak.gif" border="0">

Vorak

"Thoron."
*Everyone goes silent as Vorak suddenly speaks up. He frowns and stands up, walking back to the wall panel, pushing some buttons. The station's schematics appear again. He turns back to the people in his office.*
"Ms. Janeway, the A.S.C. Revox is likely to be even further away then the U.S.S. Evolution. Their last known course was back to Delta Alliance space. Even if our hail would reach them in a short time, it would take them too long to get here. Most ships, in fact, are too far out of the sector to be of help in time. Therefore, we need the element of surprise."
*Then, he turns to Embries.*
"Mr. Embries, could we produce a thoron field?"
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Reynolds

"Thank you sir. That is all I needed to ask. Have a nice day"

*Reynolds leaves Vorak's Office*
Ensign Christopher Reynolds
Unassigned