• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 2 : the first visit to Starfleet territory

Started by Ardwyad, April 07, 2004, 03:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardwyad

"Starfleet does not apply the technology of null-space catapults. Hmm, we will have to offer them this technology, to avoid the need of high warp speed. But the emergency at Starphoenix Base is too great, and in three days from now there may be nothing left to defend. Warp 4 will not be enough. Start up the emergency speed engines!"

OFF: generally D.A. ships never travel higher than warp 3.999 and that only if really necessary. This is from the D.A. regulations:
General Order 6
No space vessel shall, under any circumstances, accelerate speed higher than warp factor 3.999 without express permission from the High Queen's Council. If possible, warp speed must always be avoided, if Transport Catapults are available.

This excerpt is taken from the databases under the Traquel species information:
Though they are still experimenting with transwarp technology, they have already been able to build starships capable of warp 9.9999 constantly without overheating the warp drive. When they joined the Delta Alliance, they made this technology available to all other members, until they discovered that high warp speeds damage subspace. This being the opposite of what the Delta Alliance stands for (to preserve the balance of nature and the universe), a new rule was created that warp speeds as of warp 4 and higher were no longer permitted without express permissions.
Since it was agreed that warp speeds of warp 4 and higher were no longer permitted within Delta Alliance space, considereable problems appeared for traders and such. Therefore, the Traquel decided to work on an alternative to the warp 9 drive. For several years, they worked on prototypes of a "Null Space Catapult". However, it did not appear to be succesfull each time. At one of the field tests, one of the Traquel named Tash, suddenly faced some spatial anomaly that threw him into Deep Space. Instead of undertaking the journey back home for years, he decided to complete the catapult project, in which he was succesfull. After his return to Traquel space, production of the Null Space Catapults began for everywhere in the Delta Alliance. This is now the main form of transportation.

Note that security vessels, such as the ASC Revox, does have emergency engines that go faster than warp 4, in case an emergency occurs that requires fast response, while being in deep space or at too far a distance from a catapult, or in case the nearest catapult is malfunctioning. Normally this does not go without express permission of the High Queen, but we'll face charges later http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=';)'>

Chief of Command Ardwyad
A.S.C. Revox Security Vessel
Delta Alliance
http://www.expansionfleet.com/images/nigillian.jpg" border="0">

Bed Hirade

Off: I can do that.

On: Chief should I hail the base.

Ragolis

Ragolis stept onto the bridge

"Can annyone tell me what has happend? I've just been told that we are in alert status? Who are we chasing or are we in conflict with these "interesting" Starfleet people?"

Naederian Medical Officer
A.S.C. Revox

Bed Hirade

Off: Nothing happened with you Chief it well I can't answer for the other people but to treat you would have been the Doctors job but he wasn't here either. So.....

Victor Alpha One

Yes, i will be decommisioned before they get built, and i am not due to be decommisioned for another 250.5 years
http://expansionfleet.port5.com/starfleet/id/ID-Va1.jpg" border="0">