• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

The Launching of the USS Interceptor

Started by James Madison, August 06, 2005, 11:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Ransom

The Both men Left and headed for the Intercepters Bridge
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Richard Ransom
Postion:Pending

Richard Ransom

Yes. Admiral Ransom picks up a glass and goes over and start to chat with the other officers present

Julia Rellek

That sounds good. So, what is the exact mission of the Interceptor going to be.
Name: Rellek, Julia Marie
Position: Member of High Command

"Fortune favors the bold"

James Madison

Madison walks to the two.

"The Interceptor will be going on a long maiden voyage to explore uncharted space. The trip is expected to be years of length (half a year real time). It will operate as its own station of sorts which accounts for its size."
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/dougherty_matthew.jpg" border="0">
Admiral - High Command
Avalon Station CO

"A wonderful ship indeed. I can't wait for it to get out there, which should be soon! We will have to quicken our movments on getting it launched".

Revan Young

*enters as Ransom leaves, glanes at him then heads to hobson*

"Hello Admiral, I apologize for my absence, it was Inexpedient.  It seems the borg seek to assimilate our Planet." *smiles grimmly* "It seems a borg drone or two "played" havoc with the Shadow...."

*glances at his PADD*

"I've been researching some things lately, it seems, according to what i've found, that the borg have suddenly 'gained' an advantage, their resources are endless...in one week we were attacked by over 200 cubes and spheres...." *frowns* "I am at a loss as to how to explain it..."
Revan Delacroix Young
Admiral
Nova Division CO

Julia Rellek

Congradulations Tom, i know that this is truly your dream come true.

James Madison

The Main place for guests and staff during the launching. A room with round tables in white linens spread about it. Upon entering the large room looking ahead will show all glass viewing area of the stations stardock and the massive USS Interceptor. 4 steps raise the floor slightly as one walks to the windows.
Admiral - High Command
Avalon Station CO

James Madison

Madison took a glass of wine.

"That may not be a good idea right now we're moving it to the docking bay. I and other officers will make some speeches and we'll get to business. So its best we all remain here."
Admiral - High Command
Avalon Station CO

The transporter sounds and images are present as Hobson is beamed directly into the room.
"Ah! Admiral Ransom, very good to have you here again!".

"Welcome Admiral Rellek! I am glad to see you here, our slight delay in the launching has its benefits for our guests gladly. I think we can forget planning a set time for the launch, it will simply have to happen when it will happen".

Richard Ransom

Patrick Brown

Admiral Ransoms Communcatrer chirped

==^==
This is Blue Bell to Red Leader need a Red cat  at 999 if you call 555-555-555 under the blue level of tango under the willow tree  need a very big Cat need heavy claws  Blue Bell out==^==
------------------------------------------------
Name:Patrick Brown
Postion:3rd in Command 17th SFMC

Julia Rellek

200 ships! We just had an unfortunate skirmish that only involved one.

"I think I will go ahead, and if my coleagues do not have things to add we may head for the Interceptor for a little look...".
He set his drink down and the room became quiet.
"Guests! Officers! Good Friends, I welcome you to the second, and probally, the last customized starship project, Complete!".
He paused.
"Over several months this ship was researched, planned, and constructed, and now it comes time to send it on its way. But first! I recognize the ships wonderful Commanding Officer, Captain Marcus Brodie".

He paused again as people acknowledged Brodie.

"Captain Brodie began his career as a Lieutenant Commander on the USS Aztec as Chief Engineer, at the very beginning of this fleet we commend this very moment! His record takes him through the line, Command of the USS Venture-B, Command now of this massive ship....And then, Admiral Gary Fisher I must recognize. He has been with this fleet since the beginning, the very beginning, and has seen to dozens, and every ship to come and go through our fleet. Admiral Fisher, a job well done yet again!".
He paused a final time to end his speech.
"Last but not least, to the brave and eager crew of the USS Interceptor, your work and your plans will carry on while you serve on this great ship, and I think I am not alone when I say: It will be interesting to see you progress. Now! I think we are all tired of speech making, Let us go on board the USS Interceptor!".