• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Division Command Meeting

Started by lucasbailey, October 10, 2005, 03:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Ransom

well the Officers in Windsor Section would like to keep everything as it is as in the sections control and the goal of Windsor Section that was allways the mandate for when Windsor was her own Division is that it Is aDefence and Explore Division also Intel I would like Transfered to Windsor Section control and if Pospile give Intel a Starship (maby U.S.S Shadow) or a New Starship also the Fighters show be transfered to Grey Wolf and Hell Fire Dispanded
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Richard Ransom
Postion:Pending

lucasbailey

Ok, so (just to clarify this)

Windsor will return to what it was, but, will include Hellfire. (as a parting gift) and can establish its own Intell.

---Windsor
--Hellfire Commandoes
-U.S.S. Shadow
-U.S.S. Black Dragon

GW (To be known as Vanguard), will take Firefox fighters, and have its own intell.

---Vanguard (Formerly GW)
--Firefox Fighter Section
-U.S.S. Nosferatu
-U.S.S. Switchback

(vanguard will be disbanding its intell, for the moment)

Windsor will take DS8/DS12 as its own. Vanguard/GW will continue to operate out of Castle Guard.

I think that about covers it.

Before we finalize this, i will  send an email to Avery Taylor, the other CO (That merged from Tyrus, as it would be quite rude to disbaned w/o notifying him and consulting him)

And i've enjoyed working with you. Hope to plan a mission with you in the future.
Admiral (Dr.) Lucas Bailey (Retired)

lucasbailey

I've called this meeting so that we can discuss some issues that face Vanguard. They include the following:

1) Lack of members in division. (And possible ways to recruit)

2) Fact that division is stretched thin. (Possibility of manuevering (i.e. condesing) sections around?)

3) Division is unorganized. (Perhaps establish an apparent structure/chain of command that is easier to understand? Establish Officer Jurisdiction)

4) Establish the role of the division. (Nova-Engineering,Starphoenix=Marines,etc...)

These IMO, are the bigger things that need to be dealt with.

#1- There's no denying the fact that Vanguard, and the factions within are lacking in members. Recruit ment overall at EF is down considerably. I propose either A) A re-vamped recruitment program. B) (Which corresponds with #3) That we either close down parts of the division (Intell,Firefox,Hellfire Commandos) and focus on the main sections, then, when things are running smoothly, re-open them. C) Merge each section/faction (Windsor,etc...) within Vangaurd. Create one division, without any sections.

#2- As was mentioned in the first issue, the division is stretched, instead of having one, united division, we have a coalition of sparsley crewed sections. I think something needs to be done about this, and as was mentioned; I propose a total re-shifting of Vanguard.

#3- The structure of the division has been discussed before, but, i don't think that many understand it. I propose we design or present the division structure so that all division members can understand it. (i.e. position seniority, etc...)

#4- This is,  by far, the least troubling issue, but is one that i think should be considered as it could help unite the division towards a common goal. As was mentioned, other EF divisions have various roles. Is Vanguard to be without a purpose?

These are just a few of my concerns, other issues may surface, and we can discuss them. Another idea i had was, once we (the command) finish our discussion, we *could* open the discussion up to the rest of the division, and/or site. To hear various opinions and ideas, for the betterment of the division. Any Questions?

--Adm. Lucas Bailey

lucasbailey

Hmm, well, thats fine concerning the U.S.S. Shadow, as i originally intended it as the Intell ship. The Nosferatu was originally inteded as the Firefox ship. Hell fire would end up getting (after a story line) get a specially designed ship. But as we are at the moment, we seriously need to condense, perhaps those who are currently heads of Firefox,Intell, and Hellfire, could take over other positions. (As they arn't *really* needed are they?)

I have another proposal, and that is that we split, seeing as things haven't gone accordingly (at least what was hoped with the merger). Hellfire could go with windsor, Firefox to GW. Both Windsor (as their own divisions) could have their own intell branches. How does that sound? Its a serious option for me. (Not that i don't  like you, or that i haven't enjoyed working with you)

Richard Ransom

Like wise, Could you nofily Vorak

lucasbailey

Mr. Taylor, would you be interested in being Vanguard's XO?

Richard Ransom

Were exacly were are we going to descuss this

Richard Ransom

Avery Taylor

Agent Davis work at the DEEP SPACE ACADEMY i see if can get some cadets.
Name: Avery Taylor
Postion: Third in Command Frontier Division

lucasbailey

Here...any suggestions or additions,etc...?

Richard Ransom

Vice Admiral Peter Brown is one of my chacters.
I really enjoyed working with you too.
I do concur that we split even though its been fun we have to do this

lucasbailey

Sure, will do asap. (Have to devote time to a school paper, ugh! ) :;):