• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

2008 U.S. Election

Started by Malcolm, January 19, 2008, 05:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

The government isn't going to be able to help people that need it any more than they already are. That requires a change in personal conviction on the part of the welfare recipient, and no law or policy can do that. What the government needs to do is stop helping the people that don't need it, and force them to fend for themselves, or they never will.

Granted, that's why I setting up a welfare system that encourages, if not requires effort in finding a job or educating yourself. Something, anything needs to be done. But yes, you are right, it comes down to the individual(s). Still, I think we should help them help themsevles.

Don't let them die off; I'm not a fan of economic/social darwanism. Sorry, but thats the government copping out.
Malcolm Lenoas Galan
Lt. Commander
Chief Counselour - USS Evolution
http://siriuscolonyrpg.freeforums.org/portal.php" target="_blank">Sirisu V Colony RPG