• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

U.S.S. Skytoucher: Engineering

Started by Steve McKinley, August 03, 2003, 01:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McKinley

Captain Steve McKinley
CO Of USS Skytoucher

Sirius Black

"Well Comms down as you know, and i'me about to loose all viewing for our screens so i need yout help."
USS Skytoucher Chief Engineer
Lt. Commander Sirius Black

fredcesa

The silence was louder than any sound that could be emitted in that room.

Perhaps, aware of the danger, no one repplied to FredCesa; the experienced crew had passed in the past thru several hazardous situations and an observer would realize that those people wished to test FredCesa´s courage, more than to show a bit of fear.

At this point, it is importatnt to remind that humans are not fully aware of a vulcan mind logical decision processing; as vulcans are fully logical beings, feelings like fear, courage, anger and hope are meaningless, since those "emotions" are combinated responses from the human heart ant past memories.

FredCesa was aware of all that; his Space Academy´s exams degrees would show a exceptional, yet logical, discipline in front of a unknown -and-possibly-hazardous situation.

Again, to clarify if he was going to face danger alone or not, he stated:

- Should I take it as a test or a group´s work? I ´won´t wait any longer.

His voice was heard with no shadow of emotion, wish would turn is phrase into an expression : "... any longer!!"

Live Long and Prosper.

Skon

=A= Skon to Black =A=

Excellent work on repairs, Mr. Black, but I must ask you to "shift gears" for just a moment. The Loxians have asked me to preside over a memorial service for Captain Burma, and I need to know the status of the photon torpedo launchers. If we are to conduct the service properly, we should fire an empty shell casing along his shuttle's last known course. Will we be able to do this?

=A= Skon out =A=

http://www.g4-hosting.net/~force198/ID-Skon.jpg" border="0">

Tom Lupin

*Begins to work with impulse*
"We should at least have 1/4 impulse speed.....about the speed to go like a turtle"
*Laughs*
"You know, I've worked with repairs and all so much since I came on board, I could be an engineer. But i'd rather get this bird back in space and take my place on the bridge for once in a good while"
OP's Officer on USS Skytoucher

fredcesa

The young newcomwer, Lt. Fredcesa, following the vulcan tradition, replies with in a-near-zero-degree emotion:
-Absolutely, Sir. First, I´ll try thru the computer a fast check on depletors and the anti-matter conveyor; that will supply me data to analyse whats going on..."
Again, with controlled hurry, FredCesa types several keystrokes on the closest computer terminal available.

"Some security fail-safes are not fully available to me.I guess the computer was not advised of my new rank on this ship...Nevertheless, I´ll warm she!"

The computer start to check the depletors and the anti-matter conveyor,  when, sudenly, a small warm in the display advise catches FredCesa attention.

"Commander"- he says - " I´ve found what´s happening with the engines!"

Live Long and Prosper.

Tom Lupin

*Walks to the nearest console*
"What have we got to do yet? I don't know a thing about engineering no matter how much I've been told to work with it. I'd be of more use at ops"
OP's Officer on USS Skytoucher

Stone Jackson

I am willing to work in engineering

Skon

OFF: lol...I expected that you would have read the earlier mission posts where Black explicitly said he had come back to the bridge http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=';)'> That being said, I believe Commander Lauren to make her way down there pretty soon.

fredcesa

The vulcan, turning its head - just to be polite and to do not express what would be, in human terms, a little awareness - says:
"The computer is showing a warm signalling both unknown conditions"- and adds"...that I wouldn´t say of simple nature, Sir"

"The last Level 5 diagnostic detected a small leak of energy and now... this leak is increasing"

"This leak obviously is slowing us down to this warp level of 8.8"

After, in vulcan terms, would be described as a wise wait, but it took a human blink of eyes FredCesa continued:

"To provide an increase on the warp level, I´ll change the energy path to another circuit and I´ll order the computer to a deeper level diagnostic routine"

Typing on the computer console, FredCesa changed the path of energy and the people present saw the warming being turned-off in the computer display.

"Starting Level 4 diagnostic" - mumbles Fredcesa.

The warm female voice of the computer confirmed the order: "Level 4 Diagnostic ordered. Seeking parameters for warp engines... Found and Started!"

The Level 4 Diagnostic finished and again, that voice was heard thru the room:

"Unknown leak of energy on Sector 23, Deck 30. Sugest inspection"

FredCesa turns again, this time with a full moviment to Cmd Marotek, and asks

"What now, Sir? May I ask for an in-site inspection?"

Live Long and Prosper.

Sirius Black

"Indeed"

Black go's to the Warp Cores main panels. Taking the side off exposing the flickering insides.

USS Skytoucher Chief Engineer
Lt. Commander Sirius Black

Skon

=A= Skon to Black =A=

Please have Mr. Lupin return to the bridge immediately.

=A= Skon out =A=

Stone Jackson