• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

USS Skytoucher - Close encounter?

Started by , September 12, 2002, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Jake approached the consoles of Olgar.*
"May I show you something, people?"
"After you, please." Olgar invited.
*Jake ran the simulator and activated the Trajectory Modules. Then he selected three common trajectories :
1 the Whallallah's one
2 the unknown StarFleet Ship's one
and 3 the Comet's one
They were going, approximatively, in the same direction.*
"What do you think of that?" *satisfied and very proud of him -after all, he was a doctor, not an engineer and nor a science officer- he returned to his position.
Lynn was giving him her charmest smile. She was verrry proud of her husband. She returned too to her position and began to enters the new discovered coordinates.*
"Well, what I can say, now," Man Tuil declared" is that we will see this StarFleet Station, after all. I'm wondering how the Big Boss will enjoy our visit."
*Man Tuil gestured to Lynn*
"Follow the two Ships' tracks. We must join the Boss and tell him about the Hogun in here."

Grady OScott

Aye sir.
All hands yellow alert.
Science and tactical: Work on the calculations.
Captain Grady O'Scott,
CO USS Skytoucher

Thomas Stiegler

The Counselor enters the bridge for the first time.

Good morning, Captain... on which chair may I take place, Sir?

Lt. Cmdr. Thomas Stiegler
Ship's Counselor ยท U.S.S. Skytoucher
'One cannot not communicate.' (Paul Watzlawick)

Waterskimmer

Course set sir. At our best speed we will be there in 30 minutes.
Lt. JG. Waterskimmer
Helm - USS Skytoucher
"Fear should sometimes be respected" - Captain Janeway

"Gosh and d*mnation!" *Captain Man Tuil wasn't ejoying the situation. Even with the so efficient HyperScans of the Revanche, they have lost their target.*
"Olgar, don't tell me we have lost an object that makes about one kilometer of diameter! It's incredible! We have gone at Warp 5 to track it."
"Well, it seems not, it is. We have really lost it."
"I can't believe it!"

"Stop everything!"
*The voice of Ka'Lar resounded like an echo on the Bridge. Lynn was about to engage the Warp engines when her finger stopped at some milimeters of the fatidic button.*
///What's happening to Ka'Lar, now? Do we missed something?/// Lynn thought.
*Brendan, who was returning to his seat, stopped abruptely too, blinking.*
"Is there something you want to tell us, Ka'Lar?"
*Ka'lar took a deep breathe, regained her calm, then...*
"Captain, I'm really surprised that you have not considered all the events of the situation. It's not your habitude, you see what I mean?"
*Man Tuil was a bit embarassed.*
"Well, you know, I'm surprising myself too, sometimes. But, you know, with this new Station, the Comet following the directions of the Hogun and the Whallalah and this unknown StarFleet Ship at about the same place of the Hogun and....... *second compulsion of Man Tuil* UH OH! *gestures to Ka'Lar* Thanks, you helped us forgetting something."
*Guessing that her intervention got her good effect, Ka'Lar returned to her Tactical Console, chin up. Lynn and Harris was grining and expecting the unexpected.
Man Tuil bent over Olgar's shoulders.*
"Can you identify the fourth Ship, please?"
"I'm sometimes dumb!!! Yes, the fourth Ship!!! How did I to forget it. Wait........"
*When the results came on screen, the two men opended widely their eyes.*
"Heh? The Solinor?" Man Tuil asked.
"Impossible to mistake, Brendan. The Solinor was really here and the Hogun seemed to have joined them. Then, they went in a direction slightly opposed to the Whallalah's one."
"MERDE!" Man Tuil sworn. "THAT IS a problem!"

Grady OScott

Engineering: Work in reconfiguring the tractor emitter to the best output possible.
Captain Grady O'Scott,
CO USS Skytoucher

Grady OScott

Annika(Is it k to call you that?), Harper. Report.
Captain Grady O'Scott,
CO USS Skytoucher

Grady OScott

Captain Grady O'Scott,
CO USS Skytoucher

*Lynn was checking anc checking again the datas of the course of the Revanche from the moment the Ship had begun its chasing for the second comet. And, appearently, no mistakes.*
"I'm sorry, Brendan, but Olgar is right. We have made no errors and we are exactly at in the expected sector where we should have found the Comet. I can't understand how we have lost such an object. Even Athena is doubting about that."
*Ka'Lar sighs a bit, looked at the metl ceiling over her head, shrugs and declares :*
"Comrades, have you relied on the energy flows of the Nebula? Don't forget they are blocking scans. And maybe our Hyperscans can't detect the track of the Comet in this sector because of these flows."
*Olgar got suddendly one idea. Maybe his wife was right. He bent over his Hyperscan console and modulated the scans trackers.*
"We'll see if we can't do something more, with that..."
*Some instants passed and then Olgar raised his head, completely atonished. The results he got were not what he expected. And, more, there was as surprising as dangerous by what they suggested.*
"Erm, Brendan, you should see that."
"Uh ohhhh. Don't tell me we have other problems, right?" Man Tuil said.
"I prefer let you see by yourself."

"Well, I don't like that at all."
*Man Tuil did not like his compulsion. Something really bad was about to happen. But where, he couldn't discover it now. And he had two priorities on the arms to face immediately : The Solinor or The Comet? Difficult to choose.*
"Pals, we have a problem. Either we follow the Comet, destroy it and look for the Boss to report of what we have discovered either we chase the Hogun and the Solinor to discover what they are preparing."
*Ka'Lar raised her hands.*
"Captain, our priority, in my opinion, is to destroy the Comet and join the Whallalah wherever the FlagShip could be. It will be time enough to chase the Renegade and the Hogun later. They can't always hide. They will have to show if they want to attack, right?"
*Man Tuil was totally sharing the klingon tactical officer's point of view.*
"You're right, Ka'Lar. But, not only that... The Revanche can get rid of the Hogun after a hard fight, I'm sure about this. But, with the Solinor as support, I'm not sure we could go back home safely."
*Third compulsion. And Man Tuil took his decision.*
"Lynn, follow exactly the tracks of the Whallalah. Go at enough full speed not to loose these tracks and find me this StarFleet Base. We need to go fast, now. I want to meet our General."
*Lynn did not hesitate. She pushed the fatidic button and the Revanche engaged her Warp engines.*
"I only hope only if StarFleet will welcome us. I hope Mr Winterspoon will have influence enough to ask Admiral Vorak to accept us on his Station."
*In a flash, the Revanche warped... As if the Ship was searching avidely her path, the Revanche started her chasing. At as enough speed as she could.*

Vorak

=^= Vorak to USS Skytoucher and USS Lancelot =^=

Report on your proceedings regarding the calculations.  The comet keeps coming closer and we will only have one possible attempt to divert the comet into another direction.  If we fail, it will have to be destroyed, which I hope we can avoid.

=^= Vorak out =^=

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

=^= Admiral Vorak to USS Skytoucher =^=

Our long range sensors have discovered this is not a normal comet, but one that is being controlled by thrusters that send the comet into the direction of station Avalon.
Please set course to the current location of the comet, at your best speed, and take close range scanners.

Attempt to discover if there are life forms inside the comet, and if so, try to contact them.  If necessary, beam them over to the station, but do not destroy the comet unless I order you to.

=^= Vorak out =^=

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

=^= Admiral Vorak to USS Skytoucher =^=

The Corporation ships have just destroyed the comet without an attempt to rescue the possible life forms inside.
Please return to station Avalon at once to avoid the shockwave of the comet's explosion, raise your shields at maximum strength for extra safety.

=^= Vorak out =^=

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Jace

*Accompanies Lieutenant Commander Stiegler to the bridge*.
New Operations Officer Alex Jace is ready for duty, Sir. Any orders?
Maybe in my free time I'll find another Operations Officer on this ship - Mr.D'on
Operations Officer
USS Skytoucher,
Alex Jace