• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Avoxia

Started by Zayan, September 24, 2004, 08:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall Sanchez

"Thank you for listening, Ms. Zayan..."
*He stands there, rather startled, as he sees her suddenly leave the park. He straightens his uniform shirt as he gets up, and takes a deep breath.*
"Well, peace between two species has to begin somewhere."
*Then he taps his commbadge.*
"Sanchez to Evolution, all is going well here. I will make a final tour around the station before I return to the ship. Sanchez out."

OFF: Continues now in Life aboard Vontak Nor. But let Sanchez wander alone for now, don't rejoin with him yet. Something else is to happen first, before he returns to the ship http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'> And no, he's not going to be in any danger.

Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-sanchez.jpg" border="0">

keilah

=A= Sickbay to Dr Ftima =A=
"Sickbay is ready to receive Mr Jackson. We are now locking on his signal"

*At that moment the body of Thomas Jackson dematerialized and was beamed to the Evolution*

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/starfleetcross.gif" border="0">
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Keilah.jpg" border="0">

Zayan

OFF: continued from Life aboard Vontak Nor (During the Loxian / Cardassian / Federation treaty)

*As they get closer to the other side of the promenade, it gets quieter and fewer people are about.  Then just as they turn the corner, Zayan stops to let Sanchez catch his breath.  The park is situated to give the impression that it appears out of thin air, as one comes around the corner.  There are half grown trees (about 4.5 meters high) in every possible shade of color arraigned in small, artistically pleasing groves.  The purple, gold, and silver waist high bushes line the borders of the park and main pathways.  Flowering plants are arraigned into living murals of famous or important people of the Loxians.  In place of the metal plating, with the exception of the main pathways, there was short grass.  Instead of being the rainbow colored grass, it was just a dark sea blue color with varying shades.*

"This is Avoxia, our park.  As you must have noticed some similarity's and differences between the images you saw and this park, I will explain them to you.  These trees have a rapid rate of growth, until they reach their current hight at which the growth rate slows.  They will grow no taller, but with each decade they will grow thicker.  The grass that you see is the same as you have seen at the planetarium.  It has a different appearance now because it adapted to the changes of Loxius to survive.  These living murals, made with the flowers of Loxius, were designed by our very own artisans.  They presented a selection of people to be chosen from, by way of popular vote from the entire station.  The selection was quite large, only 12 of the most popular were used from the 500 chosen people."

*Zayan slowly takes her gaze from the sight of the park with a sigh and looks at Sanchez.*

"I must be giving you a lot to think about.  Did you have any questions, or personal questions to ask me?  I assume you do have some questions to ask.  But your not so sure about who should be around to hear them or the answers to them. Or so I have concluded, by your actions as well as your attempts to be alone with me."

*She looks at him imploringly.*

(Edited by Zayan at 6:07 pm on Sep. 22, 2004)

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/zayan.jpg" border="0">
"It is a far better day to die fighting to remain free than it is to live under opression!"

HK47

OFF**Awwww.........No Sanchez calling for Immediate Assistance *snaps droids fingers* NUTS!......Aww fine be that way!..........hehehehe http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/admiralkarelia/HK47.jpg" border="0">

Vurak Spock

(A message being sent via combage from Main Operation in Vontak Nor

=A=Vurak Spock to Dr. Keliah=A=
This Vurak Spock from the Evolution. Requesting additional aid in sick bay. I am sorry that I am pulling off a bit early, but we have a major situation on the ship and med bay is full to capacity. Requesting all personel to return immediately. Please also make sure Captain Sanchez receives this message. I am not sure if my current message has gotten through. I need all personel to return due to an explosion in the armory with an red alert being pulled to track down the perpertrator. Please send message to all personnel and Captain Sanchez. We are requesting immediate assistance.=A=Vurak Out=A=

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Vurak.jpg" border="0">

Randall Sanchez

*Sanchez took a deep breath before he spoke up.*
"Well, I feel I must be honest with you, Ms. Zayan. I have never liked the Loxians. In fact, I have always hated them. So much, that it has almost become a habit. I know that as a Starfleet officer, it is not the right attitude, but besides a Starfleet officer, I'm still a human being as well. When we made first contact with your species, here in the Dark Passage, my ship was nearly destroyed and I was abducted, along with two other officers of mine. We were subjected to brutal interrogations. I will never forget those horrible memories, but..."
*Sanchez halted a moment and pondered on what his next words would be.*
"How do I explain this? For centuries, Starfleet has been at odds with the Klingon and Romulan Empire. For generations, there was the infamed 'Neutral Zone' that set the boundaries for each territory. And then, circumstances created opportunities, and both sides of the Neutral Zone began to look at each other from a... different point of view. Now, generations later, the Klingon Empire is an ally and its people freely roam Federation space. The Romulans have agreed to open peace negotiations as well, not too long ago. And all hostilities and bloodshed that came before, eventually fades to become a distant memory only... like a bad dream, that you had so long ago you can hardly remember it."
*Sanchez gazes around in the peaceful park, almost forgetting that they are, in fact, still on a space station instead of on a planet. As they walk by a bench, Sanchez decides to sit down, and motions at Zayan to join him.*
"Stardate 57278.3. My ship had recently docked to Avalon Station, and we were about to take some time off and roam the station, and its famous Celtic Corner, when we were recalled for an emergency. The U.S.S. Skytoucher was under heavy attack by... Loxians, while... defending Loxians. We were called back on duty to answer the Skytoucher's distress call, and aid the ship as fast as possible. Granted, the Evolution isn't exactly the most powerful, or biggest ship, in the fleet, but it was about the only ship available in the sector, at that time. With much resentment, I ordered a course to the Dark Passage. I did not look forward to see Loxian faces again. On our way to the Skytoucher's location, I had a long discussion with Dr. Keilah, my medical officer on the ship, who had also been abducted by Loxians at the same time as me. I had also taken some time to look into the Skytoucher's previous log files, regarding their mission toward Loxius, and how different it all turned out to be... I was astonished! These Loxians were what they were, because they had been given no choice... and I started wondering... if I had lived their life, would I have acted any different? Would I not raid where I could, either, if it was the only way to stay alive?"
*Sanchez leaned back on the bench and took another deep breath.*
"And then I saw it... the entire fleet of the Loxian Government, attacking an already defenseless and crippled Skytoucher, and why? Why? Only over Loxians they wanted to capture or kill, whatever came first, to show the exiles who was in charge! So much bloodshed, so much destruction! The Skytoucher's former captain, Mr. McKinley, was rendered unconscious and has been laying in a deep coma since, for half a year now already, and he is not expected to recover again. I began to understand that I had hated the wrong side of the Loxians... It was the Government that had raised the brutals on purpose, while the exiles did what they did, because they had no other choice... And then I recognised the government's spy, Vakin, who was the one that had captured me and two of my crewmembers before. That day, Zayan, that day out there in the Dark Passage, I fought for your people's freedom no less than captains Skon and Burma did, because I began to believe... And now that I have seen your people's history, in the presentation at the planetarium, I understand everything all the better. When I walk through this station now, I see a peaceful people... peaceful for the first time, because now at last they have been given a chance. Ahhh... I am rambling on, ain't I? All I want to say, really... is that I will certainly return to my superiors with a good report on your people, and this treaty aboard this station, and... that I believe in your cause, now. I honestly do. I suppose I just need some time to learn to trust your people."

(Edited by Randall Sanchez at 11:19 am on Sep. 23, 2004)

Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-sanchez.jpg" border="0">

ftima

*As soon as ftima is beamed over, she heads for Avoxia, soon she sees the signs which show her the direction of the garden. After a short walk she sees the entrance of the park. As she walks in she don't know where to look first, all this beauty, these flowers and bushes in extaordinary colors, the grass.... she heard about its beauty, but she never expected to come across this. She finds herself a nice seat and she intends to spent here her time*

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Ftima.jpg" border="0">

Zayan

*Zayan avidly listened to Sanchez.  She restrained herself from reacting to some of the words he spoke.  Knowing that it would be best to hear him out completely first.  Once Sanchez finished speaking, Zayan slowly began her reply, seeing that words must be chosen carefully to create their desired effect.*

"I am sorry... to hear... that your first contact, with my people... was not... as it should have been."

*Zayan pauses, thinking of what to say next.  Finding her courage once more, Zayan looks Sanchez in the eye.*

"Every species has at least two sides of history.  Only the victorious fraction's history is recorded, and shared with other species.  Do you see what I am getting at?  Sometimes you need to look at what has been swept under the rug by society.  I did, long ago."

*Zayan pauses and stands up to pace in front of Sanchez.*

"I was once one of those 'brutals' raised by the Government.  Then one day on a 'training' exercise, I wanted a greater challenge than shooting up some ship.  I was the 'training' exercise commander of the ship we used.  I ordered a cease fire, the exile ship was dead in space.  I told my 'fine crew' that I their captain would show my skills by going over there and bring back a trophy, the head of the exile ship's commander.  When I beamed over to the exile ship, I saw how badly damaged they really were.  I worked my way up to the ship's bridge.  It was there I saw the crew, dead and dieing.  I saw one who appeared to be the captain, pined down by his own chair.  All I had to do was take his head, killing him instantly, and return to my own waiting ship.  He heard me coming, and looked me in the eye.  He told me to listen to him before I carried out the mission of an unjust government.  I decided to listen, as I respect the wishes of the dieing.  He told me his story about the Government.  I called him a liar, he said to look past my own delusion.  He must have gotten to me some how.  I asked him why I shouldn't kill him now.  He countered with why didn't I kill him earlier.  I stormed back to the beaming coordinates with him screaming at me to open my eyes.  I got back to my ship without a trophy.  I told my crew, when they asked about it, that the exile crew was as dead as their ship.  The reason I did not bring a trophy back, was that none of the heads were worth taking.  The identity of each was obliterated by plasma burns.  I then gave the order to return to Loxius, leaving the exile ship as a warning to our enemies.  I still do not know why I lied about that ship's crew.  But that was the first time I came face to face with Zentox.  His words began to eat at me, back on Loxius, so I began to look into the Government.  To my disbelief, what I was told by Zentox is exactly what I saw.  I was not discreet enough in my 'nose poking' around.  The Government caught me and exiled me for the knowledge I had gained in snooping around.  Once exiled I went searching for Zentox, and joined up with him."

*She stops pacing and sits back down next to Sanchez.*

"One of the things I'm trying to say, is that not everyone is the way they appear to behave.  We are all blind at one point or another in life.  My people themselves are not violent by nature, they are misguided and blind.  You say that you want to learn to trust my people.  My people did you a grievous wrong, one that cannot be undone.  I see that you want to trust, but it is difficult for you to give your trust.  I am giving you my trust with the telling of the story from my own past.  If you are to ever trust my people, you need to start small.  I ask that you trust me, a leader among my people.  You can see the giving of my trust however you like.  But know that in the giving of it, I will not take it back.  Nor will I lie to you.  In doing so I would betray the very trust that I myself offered to you, freely and willingly given.  Some ambassadors, I have noticed, like to trade and deal in the 'commodity' of trust."

*Snorts disapprovingly at this idea.*

"That is one of the reasons I would never consider myself an ambassador, for my people, but as a guide.  I do not think trust should be treated like some commodity.  And for what I have learned of the Ferengi, if trust was a commodity, they would certainly find a way to profit from it."

*Smiles at Sanchez when he laughs at her view of the Ferengi.  Then Zayan stands up.*

"I see that we have given each other much to think and ponder about.  I also believe that both of us have a busy day ahead.  I bid you good night captain Sanchez, and if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact me with them.  I am after all liaison for the Loxian Exiles, and at your disposal."

*Be for he could respond, Zayan leaves the park and returns to her quarters for the night.*

OFF: to follow Zayan's story, continue to the topic: Life aboard Vontak Nor (During the Loxian / Cardassian / Federation treaty)

(Edited by Zayan at 1:32 pm on Sep. 24, 2004)

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/zayan.jpg" border="0">
"It is a far better day to die fighting to remain free than it is to live under opression!"

ftima

*After ftima sat for a while enjoying her view she decides to take a walk through the park. When she stands up she noticed a man lying near the entrance, She can see he is wearing a starfleet uniform. she runs to the person, while running she recognised thomas.*

Thomas, *she shouts* Thomas what happend? *Thomas don't respond to her, she takes her instuments but they dont respond. She taps her commbadge =^=ftima for the USS Evolution=^= My god it is Thomas he is hurt, hurry beam him up and transport him and me immediatly to sickbay, I dont know what happend to him but he is unconsious please hurry before we are too late Commandor please be there with me in sickbay, also locate Dr. Keilah and tell him to get ready=ftima out=

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Ftima.jpg" border="0">