• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Refit of the New Essex A

Started by stephen sisko, October 23, 2005, 08:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Ransom

Admiral Ransom walks though the airlock to access the U.S.S Essex-A.
*wlks up to Captian Sisko*
Captian, What is operational on the U.S.S Essex_A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Richard Ransom
Postion:Pending

stephen sisko

*Sisko walked into engineering, and sat down next to the Admiral.*

Sir, here is the PADD with the remaining work, now that you have transfered command to you, the chief engineer will report directly to you.  There are some revisions to the launch schedule.  The warp cores are powering now as we speak, and the dueterium fuel tanks are being filled, as well as the anti-matter fuel pods.  The impulse engines are online, as well as the RPS.  She's all yours Admiral.  The Windsor is done, Nesbit can take her out when you give him the go ahead.  I am going to return to the station to tend to its never ending maintenance list.  If the ships need anything else, let me know.
Name:Stephen Sisko
Position: Chief of Tactical Operations/Commaning Officer Deep Space Eight/Castle Guard/Division Chief Engineer

stephen sisko

*Sisko walked onto the bridge of the Essex, things were still a mess, but no where near as bad as the Windsor.  He was quite pleased with the progress made at planitia on the ship, and how much progress was made on the voyage here.*

"Captain on the Bridge"

As you were, Commander Larsen its a been a while, how are you?
Great sir, the ship is almost finished.  I am releasing command of her over to you now sir.  They have already re-named her in the starfleet registry sir.

computer turn over command of the Uss Essex to Captain Stephen Sisko.
Confirmed, command codes changed.
Very well Com., The Cheyenne is fixing to leave for Planitia, you can probably hitch a ride home on her.  
All dept heads report ships status immediatley, also I want a full report on ships readiness, ASAP.
Position: Chief of Tactical Operations/Commaning Officer Deep Space Eight/Castle Guard/Division Chief Engineer

Richard Ransom

Jusr as Captian Sisko was about to andswer

Computer:Intuder alert Intruder Alert Intruder Alert
Computer:Ship Invaded No Crew or Officers Found Lockdown Protocol Engaged
*Then ever Deck Was Sealed Off*
What the Hell is going on
Computer:Lockdown Disengaged
*The Kaxons just then stoped going off*
==^==Bridge to Engeing please check the Internal Sensors we started a Dianostic of the secuitey system and some how the Computer Detected Romluans Bridge out==^==
Well Captian Sisko your Job is neverr over.
as I said before What systems are operational and will she be ready for a tusday Lanch.

King Sitgor

I come into Engineering to see Admiral Ransom and Captain Sisko in conversation. Admiral I have just come down with the inforamtion on now long the last few sections I have been watching over have been doing sir. Hands the Admiral a padd and Continues.

Admiral the glyches in the Bridge system have been ironed out. The Lmh is now installed and all syatem opperative in the sickbay now sir. My end is complete Admiral Whoever gets this ship sir They have a good ship to command sir.

stephen sisko

*Sisko was inspecting the progress, he was very happy.  It was the first time since he left Planitia that a ship refit, or any refit for that matter, had been on shcedule and was not having any problems. Sisko walked into engineering and was looking at the MSD.  There was a main warp core, and a secondary warp core onboard this ship, to power the third nacelle or as a back up for rotating the warp nacelle use.*

Chief, how long till we can get all engines and main power systems running?

Sir 27 hours and we will bring both warp cores online, and go to internal power.  We will also be powering up the impulse engines.  The main computer core is online and running at full power.  Were still installing EPS conduits, ODN conduits, and the last few interfaces.  We will have this ship fully functional for her shake down in 57 hours sir.

Wonderful, I will  be back tomorrow to check on this ship.  Carry on!

stephen sisko

*Red Alert went off again, and then yellow alert, then the warp core breach alarm, sisko hit his com badge to engineering.*

Could we test the Klaxon system when there arent six thousand people on the ship?

Sir she will launch on Tuesday, or tomorrow. The main power system, warp core, secondary warp core, tactical, shield grid, engineering, and science stations will be all functional.  During her shakedown, she will be undergoing work still, but all the main systems and power sytems will be fully functional, and we can try our new warp engines tomorrow at her launch.  Sick bay wont be up for another five days due to some late equipment arrivals, but we have enough of a sick bay to get by.  The LMH is being installed right now, and will be functional in three days.  The last of the crew have been assigned except the senior officers.  I have assigned acting senior officers for the time being, minus the captain and XO.  I was kind of hoping I would get this ship, she's a real beuaty!!!  never the less, she will launch tomorrow at the champagne launching ceremony.  Admiral Hansen from Planitia will be here today to see her off tomorrow.  Again like I said, it will be about another week before she has everything running 100&.

King Sitgor

While the Captain was looking over the Engineering I was watching over the last spaceworthiness with the final checks going I truned to the head of engineering team 3.

Lt Mathews how is the deflector and the tied systems going.

Commander the systems were at 50% on arrival sir and we have them now to 75% we should have those complete tomorrow or the day after .

And How about Tactical Systems.

Sir they should be finished the following day with final power being put to them in about four days time sir.

Very good.

=/\= Captain We should have everything on the bridge working at full effecienty in about five days time sir. =/\=

I move then to the sickbay. I walked into to see the computers being put in place as I entered.

I turned to the head of that crew and said it doesn't look to be to much longer till you are finished here ensign.

No Commander about two hours sir.

Very good I'll be back in four I don't want to see you here unless you run into a problem.

Yes Sir.

Richard Ransom

***03:30***
Admiral Ransom Enters the Bridge.
Computer Override Command Apha8
Computer:Admiral Richard Ransom now Commands this Vessel

stephen sisko

Sisko to docking control, what is the status of deuterium fuel up?
Docking control to Sisko, sir all fueling is done, including the anti-matter tanks.

Very well.  Chief, lets power up the ship to her own internal power.  Begin pre-power up sequence for the warp core.  Bring the impulse fusion reactors, and impulse engines online.  Beign fuel matrix initiation for matter/anti-matter reaction.  Lock the dilithium chamber into place.  Begin fuel termix ratios for the secondary warp core.  Bring all internal power systems to hot standby for when main power comes online.

*Thirty minutes later, pre-power up sequences were finished and the starship was running at 100% internal power.*
Sisko to Docking control, disengage all starbase umbilical connections.
Chief power the main pwer grid, and activate the EPS taps for full system power.

*Ten mintues later the ship was at full power on its own.*
Sisko to all hands, very nicely done people.  This refit has broken all previous records for a refit on a Galaxy class starship.  WE are now running on internal power, and all systems are 100% functional.
*Sisko looked over to Ransom and Sitgor*
Well admiral shes rip roaring and ready to go when you give the word.  She needs her official warp test, and impulse drive test.  
Number one, can you accompany me to engineering on the station, i need some help ironing out issues with the new reactor controls that were installed.