• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

The revenge of the Loxian Government

Started by Loxians, March 05, 2004, 05:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loxians

*After a long, perilous journey through the entire corridor of the Dark Passage, a large fleet of Loxian Government battle ships can bee seen at the horizon of Vontak Nor and the U.S.S. Skytoucher. Aboard the Loxian Government flagship, the government official in charge frushes his hands.*
"At last, the time has come to show them that you can't just mess with or turn your back on the government of Loxius. Kowan's capture will be avenged, and we will free him and take him home in the process. May justice be done at last upon the Loxian exile barbarians and those Starfleet meddlers! Get the ships in an attack position, surrounding the station and ship there!"
*And as the Loxian ships come clear, they split up and start to form a circle to surround the U.S.S. Skytoucher and Vontak Nor, their weapons running hot and preparing...*

Loxians

*At a steady speed, the Loxian Government fleet sets course toward the location of Avalon Station, unaware of the Klingon battleship hiding in their ion wake. On board the flagship, the largest of all, many Loxian officers are busily preparing for battle, as the Loxian Prime Commander stands on the bridge, waiting...*
Officer: "Prime Commander, we are arriving at Avalon Station!"
Prime Commander: "Put it on screen!"
*The viewscreen shows Avalon Station, in orbit around a planet nearby the vast Expansion Nebula.*
Prime Commander: "So the signals from the device of our spy did not lie. This is where our people are being held, no doubt! Kowan, Vakin, Varnek... We must find them, and silence them! Enough damage has been done, and it is time to avenge it! Signal all ships to drop out of warp!"
Officer: "Yes, prime commander!"
*In an instant, a large fleet of various different ships comes to full stop in front of Avalon Station...*
Prime Commander: "So it has come to it at last! Scan their defences!"
Officer: "The station's weapon and defence systems are armed and targetted, sir! Apart from the station, I can only scan one ship, right in front of it."
Prime Commander: "One ship, and one station... that's all? This will not be a long battle! Signal to the first squadron to line up in front of the station and their pity ship!"
Officer: "Aye, sir! Sending orders now!"
*Instantly, several smaller but still powerful ships form a line in front of the flagship, facing Avalon Station and the U.S.S. Venture. On board the bridge, the Prime Commander keeps looking at the viewscreen, when his second-in-command approaches him.*
"Prime Commander, may I remind you that we emptied the entire army system of Loxius, for just this cause alone? We could have handled it with far less ships, without having to leave our homeworld vulnerable."
Prime Commander: "Vulnerable for what? The Loxian Exiles? They are scared, hiding in that Cardassian station! But when we were there last, we fought a wary battle, with an entire fleet against only two of their ships, and their Cardassian station. Still we lost! And why? I'll tell you why! I have no idea why! They must have unleashed some weapon that just 'ate' our ships alive, something of a power cloud, I have no idea what it is. No, I will not make the same mistake twice, I will not underestamate them again. These Starfleet people are tricky, but this time I am prepared for them, and I will not return to Loxius until they are utterly crushed, so that there will not be spoken of them in the Delta Quadrant again! Is that understood?"
*The second-in-command nods and steps back, as another officer announces that the first squadron is ready at the frontline.*
"Good, very good. Signal all ships to open fire at my command! Three... two... one... FIRE!"
*Instantly, the frontline ships open fire at the Venture and Avalon Station. The battle has begun...*

Loxians

*On the Loxian homeworld, Loxius, a Loxian government ship had returned, seriously damaged, and many were badly wounded. The second-in-command had the fearful task of bringing out report before his superiors at the Loxian government, and tell them the news that Kowan had fallen into the hands of Starfleet and the Loxian exiles.*
"What?" the government representative had yelled in fury. "How could you let this happen? You are all incompetent imbeciles! We MUST retrieve Kowan, at all costs! Find out where he has gone to, and where this Starfleet ship is!"
*And thus, the Loxians went to work and tried to figure out the location of the U.S.S. Skytoucher, the ship on where Kowan was seen last. It took some time, but at long last they had discovered a trail: the U.S.S. Skytoucher had returned, though in a slightly different direction: they had gone toward the asteroid field, nearby the Loxian Exiles encampments, and long-range beacons had then spotted them INSIDE the Dark Passage, nearby the Cardassian station Vontak Nor. As soon as this was discovered, the Loxians hurried to their superiors to bring this news. And the superiors were satisfied...*
"I see... I see... Good! They could not have made a more stupid move! They are now in the weakest place imaginable... The Dark Passage and the asteroid field, a dangerous area and far away from anyone who could hear them scream. The Cardassian station is pretty much abandoned and hardly in any state to make a difference. We will retrieve Kowan there!"
*He pointed at the stellar map right next to station Vontak Nor in the Dark Passage.*
"And we will show them what price must be payed to mess with the Loxian Government! Prepare the Loxian Fleet of Ships, I want them to be ready within 48 hours! We will head into the Dark Passage, and take them by surprise!"
*And after that, many Loxians went to work to carry out the orders of the government...*

Loxians

*At the horizon, Loxian Government ships appear as they arrive back at their homeworld Loxius. A few ships is all that remains of the immense fleet that was sent out before...*

Loxians

*A Loxian entered the government halls to bring out a report.*
"All ships of the fleet are ready and massed together. They can depart on your mark."
"Good! Any news from the front of the Loxian Exiles and Starfleet?"
"They have arrived at Vontak Nor and should beam aboard there anytime soon."
"Good... good... and the last thing they'll expect, is an attack! Get the ships to power up their engines, I'm going on the flagship and command the fleet myself!"
"Yes, sir."
*And thus, the fleet powered up their engines and went into position to go to warp toward the Dark Passage, and soon thereafter, a huge fleet was on the move...*

Loxians

*For months, the Loxian government had brooded quietly on their defeat... but in secret, they had been rebuilding their strength and forces. They had sent out secret agents to go abroad and find out what was to be done next. The secret agents had returned, with the news that both Kowan and Vakin were at Station Avalon. Therefore, Vontak Nor was not their target any more now, but Avalon Station was. Thus, the government worked on a fleet even more powerful, to overwhelm the Starfleet station... and Vontak Nor after it.*

Loxians

*Meanwhile, in some dark corner of the Dark Passage, the Loxian government fleet moves on, going deeper into the Dark Passage with every moment, finding their way to Vontak Nor. They should arrive at the Cardassian station soon now...*

Loxians

*On the Loxian homeworld, in the main government office building, the operations manager is doing his routine check-up, when suddenly a alarm signal goes off. He goes to the panel where the sound comes from, and checks what is going on. He looks in astonishment.*
"Now look at that... the President is going to love this!"
*He turns to an assistant.*
"You, take over operations for now, I need to go to the President's office right now!"
"What? Why?"
*But the Loxian operations manager has already left. Shortly thereafter he arrives at the room of the President's secretary, having to explain that he needs to speak to the President urgently. A little later, he finally gets an audience from the Loxian President himself.*
"Mr. President, I have the news you have now long been waiting for. The Spy 1 device we gave to Varnek, has apparently been activated, and has transmitted coordinates and tactical information to us. Have a look!"
*He shows a stellar map on a screen, showing the location of the origin of the transmission, and thus the location of the device. Next to it, scrolls alot of tactical information: firepower, shield frequencies and ship schematics of the U.S.S. Skytoucher.*
"We can only assume that Varnek is there too, and that he managed to trigger on the Spy 1 device. And that gives us only two options: either Varnek is there alone, and has killed Vakin by now, or he failed doing so, and both still need to be killed."
*The President observes the informations displayed on the screen.*
"And what about Kowan? Starfleet captured him and took him with them. Our fleet failed to locate Kowan at Vontak Nor, and back then Vakin did not mention him either. Where is he?"
"Mr. President, I have reason to believe that Kowan was transported to a prison at that same location where Varnek is, as well. We could silence all three of them, for the best interests of the Loxian Government."
*The President takes a deep breath.*
"What would we find there at that location? Any information regarding that?"
"Yes, Mr. President. It appears that there is a large space station located there, which they call their headquarters. It is likely heavily armed, but no doubt our fleet could utterly destroy this mortal enemy of the Government!"
"You are sure of this?"
"Very sure, Mr. President!"
*The Loxian President turns around and sits back down behind his desk.*
"Very well, issue the order to have the entire fleet prepared. I know that we suffered a great loss at our last battle in the Dark Passage, but our engineers have had the time to restore and rebuild most of it by now. We will launch the fleet in 36 hours! Dismissed!"
"Yes, Mr. President!"
*The operations manager rushes out of the President's office, to issue the orders and have the fleet prepared for launch...*