• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

The Ferengi attack

Started by Vorak, December 20, 2004, 05:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

-- Posted by Paris Love on 10:53 pm on April 14, 2004

*On Freedom Station's ops, Love stands and approaches Admiral Vorak.*
"What do you desire to do now, sir?"

-- Posted by dutchman36 on 7:16 am on April 15, 2004

"Aztec to Freedom, we captured a Ferengi ship, we put their leader in our brig. We are underway to deliver him to you. That the Klingons, Romulans and Ferengi have turned their backs on us, and most of our ships  have heavy damage. I know this isn't my place to say that, but couldn't we ask the Cardassians or Dominion for help?"

-- Posted by Steven Cruse on 3:52 pm on April 15, 2004

"The Dominion are in Gamma Quadrant, we are in Alpha. If you would like to wait 70 years for help, be my guest, and last I knew, relations with the Cardassians weren't going so well. So our only hope is Bajor, Talarians and other races within Federation Territory. If we can get a hold of the Delta Alliance, we can probably have them help us, if the aren't too busy with the Borg."

-- Posted by Vorak on 4:45 pm on April 15, 2004

"A ship of the Delta Alliance recently docked at Avalon Station for an official ambassadorial visit."

-- Posted by Steven Cruse on 4:46 pm on April 15, 2004

"Admiral Vorak, could I talk to you in my office?"

-- Posted by Galon on 10:21 pm on April 15, 2004

"Reporting in, sir."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 2:00 am on April 16, 2004

"Then do you wish to return to HQ after a night's stay and the tour they offered?"

-- Posted by Vorak on 4:43 pm on April 16, 2004

"That would be the logical course of action indeed, Ms. Love, assuming that this area of space is safe again for the journey back. Please excuse me, Mr. Cruse wishes to speak to me in his office. I will return shortly."
*And he walks into the office.*

-- Posted by Paris Love on 4:55 pm on April 16, 2004

"Mr. Madison, do you deem travel in this area secure for Admiral Vorak, or do you ask that we wait to leave?"

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 5:00 pm on April 16, 2004

"Why are you humans always so emotional?"

-- Posted by Mark Green on 8:50 pm on April 16, 2004

"Permission to return to my research centre, admiral"
*Gets up from console and walks over to Ms. Love. Speaking quietly he says.*
"I go off duty in 15 minutes. Before admiral Vorak goes on to his tour, would you like to go to Starburst for a drink?"

-- Posted by Paris Love on 10:19 pm on April 16, 2004

*Love gives him an odd look.*
"Let me check with admiral Vorak, I believe he wished for me to accompany him. But yes, if I'm not otherwise busy."

-- Posted by Vorak on 10:31 pm on April 16, 2004

*At that moment, Vorak returns from the office, and hears major Green speak to Paris Love. Though major Green only spoke quietly, his Vulcan superior hearing enabled Vorak to hear every word of it. He raises an eyebrow as he regards Paris Love, but doesn't say a word.*

-- Posted by Paris Love on 10:46 pm on April 16, 2004

*Looks to Vorak.*
"Aitlu-fam. Etek Ak-dahk?"

-- Posted by Vorak on 10:49 pm on April 16, 2004

"I see. Very well."
*Vorak turns to the admirals.*
"Admirals, if you would excuse me. If my presence here is not required for the moment, I would like to take a break and take some... private time, with my assistant."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:52 pm on April 16, 2004

*Major Green looks between Paris Love and admiral Vorak, then mutters something under his breath, making sure he is quiet enough so that even Vulcans cannot hear him. He then gets in the turbolift and heads to star nova.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 11:01 pm on April 16, 2004

*Vorak speaks to Paris Love.*
"Etek-aitlu aru-yem?"
*Then he looks up at major Green as he heads toward the turbolift.*
"I heard that, major."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 11:07 pm on April 16, 2004

*Mark Green looks shocked, but as he goes to apologize the turbolift doors shut.*

-- Posted by Paris Love on 11:11 pm on April 16, 2004

"I'd enjoy that after this day. Where did you wish to go?"
*Love whips out her planner and cancels the scheduled interview with a very nosey reporter.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 11:22 pm on April 16, 2004

"Certainly this fine station has a restaurant facility?"

-- Posted by Paris Love on 11:33 pm on April 16, 2004

"Certainly. People have to eat. Your question should rather be, where it is."
*Stands and enters the turbolift, motioning him to follow.*
"I don't imagine it'd be too hard to find. Come with me."

-- Posted by Vorak on 11:35 pm on April 16, 2004

"Very well."
*Vorak follows Paris Love toward the turbolift.*

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 11:36 pm on April 16, 2004

"Certainly, the Starburst Pub is a great place to meet the people of the station, and have a good meal, located on the main habitat sector of the station."

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

-- Posted by frans bauer on 8:08 pm on April 13, 2004

*Meanwhile, on Freedom station's ops, a distress call comes in.*
"This is the U.S.S. Venture. The Ferengi have boarded us, request assistance."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 8:45 pm on April 13, 2004

*Hobson nods.*
"Acknowledged, Venture."
*He then sits in the command chair.*
"Red Alert! All hands, report to battle stations!"
*Alert klaxons sound as the station prepares for battle.*

-- Posted by Steven Cruse on 8:48 pm on April 13, 2004

"Sensors indicate a cloaked... Marauder? Klingon and Romulan technology."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 8:51 pm on April 13, 2004

"They must not have mastered it well if we can detect them. Prepare all quantum torpedo bays, prepare to fire."
*Hobson then taps his commbadge.*
"Major Galon to the bridge."

-- Posted by Steven Cruse on 8:52 pm on April 13, 2004

"Sir, Major Galon is on the Venture, wounded severely during a conflict with Ferengi."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 8:54 pm on April 13, 2004

*Hobson brings his hand down to a slam on the armrest.*
"Who permitted him to leave this station? I need my chief of security here, not on a ship that has one! Call him back!"

-- Posted by GaryFisher on 8:56 pm on April 13, 2004

"Comes on to the deck.*
"Cruse, arm the torpedo bays, and prepare to fire."

-- Posted by Steven Cruse on 8:57 pm on April 13, 2004

"Torpedoes armed and ready to fire on your command."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 8:57 pm on April 13, 2004

"Fisher, you will command the station's civilian section."

-- Posted by Steven Cruse on 9:01 pm on April 13, 2004

"Awaiting you order to fire torpedoes.... Galon has been transported to the station's sickbay."

-- Posted by GaryFisher on 9:06 pm on April 13, 2004

"Right."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 9:06 pm on April 13, 2004

*Hobson motions his hand forward.*
"Open fire, commodore!"

-- Posted by Steven Cruse on 9:09 pm on April 13, 2004

"Torpedoes away... the Ferengi vessel's warp drive has been disabled.... The ship is firing at the station's docking bay.... Shields absorbed the attack, shields are at 90% now! Returning fire... Ship's shields are down, as well as weapon systems and impulse... The ship is ready to be boarded."

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

-- Posted by James Madison on 9:14 pm on April 13, 2004

*Meanwhile, Madison comes onto the ops deck of Freedom Station, with Vorak and Paris.*

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 9:16 pm on April 13, 2004

*Hobson hits the comm again.*
"All decks, security alert!"
*Then hits it off.*
"Arm station phaser banks, fire at will!"

-- Posted by James Madison on 9:18 pm on April 13, 2004

"What's our status? I see multiple vessels."

-- Posted by Daniels on 9:45 pm on April 13, 2004

"Sir, should I take the Alamo out, and defend the base?"

-- Posted by James Madison on 9:45 pm on April 13, 2004

"No, she's not ready for this. Keep her in."

-- Posted by Event Horizon on 9:47 pm on April 13, 2004

*The Ferengi fleet fired on the station. Two of them went for the Rivendell, a new, weaker ship.*

-- Posted by Daniels on 9:50 pm on April 13, 2004

"Understood, what would you like me to do?"

-- Posted by James Madison on 10:09 pm on April 13, 2004

"The Rivendell is about to split. Inform the fleet, send the Hunter to assist the Venture and Aztec to the Rivendell."

-- Posted by Vorak on 10:24 pm on April 13, 2004

"Admirals, if I may make a suggestion? The Rivendell should be fully capable of assisting you in this attack. Hail captain Taurik and ask for his aid, ask him to keep the Ferengi ships busy. Meanwhile, you erect a Thoron field around the station, that will elude the sensors of the Ferengi, and make them think your station's battle equipment is 10 times stronger than they had anticipated. The same tactic was used by commander Sisko at Deep Space 9 many years ago against the Cardassians. And though the Cardassians did not fall for the trap, the Ferengi likely will."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 10:25 pm on April 13, 2004

"The Rivendell has been contacted a while ago, they will soon be splitting into 3 sections for the battle."

-- Posted by James Madison on 10:26 pm on April 13, 2004

"Right."
*Taps commbadge.*
"Ops to colonel Williams, erect a Thoron field around the station. Inform us when it's done."

-- Posted by Vorak on 10:29 pm on April 13, 2004

"Very well."

-- Posted by James Madison on 10:32 pm on April 13, 2004

"Ms. Love, if you would please take tactical, we need defense for the station while the colonel works."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:38 pm on April 13, 2004

*After watching the admirals work for a while, major Green speaks up.*
"Admiral Hobson, I am taking the science station."

-- Posted by James Madison on 10:41 pm on April 13, 2004

"Make it so, major. Tactical, fire torpedoes full spread!"

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 10:41 pm on April 13, 2004

*Hobson nods.*
"That would be fitting, major. Scan the Ferengi ships, what are they carrying in their cargo holds? You never know..."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:44 pm on April 13, 2004

"I don't know, scanners aren't picking up anything, they are using their deflectors to mask the signature, perhaps tactical should make that the target of their phasers..."

-- Posted by Marcus Brodie on 10:46 pm on April 13, 2004

=^= Aztec to DS 20, we are sending a marine team to capture one of the Ferengi vessels. =^=

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 10:47 pm on April 13, 2004

"Yes. All quantum torpedo bays in range. Fire at will, target the deflectors, random phaser fire at their cargo bays. Let's hope they have dangerous plunder!"

-- Posted by Daniels on 10:49 pm on April 13, 2004

"Are you sure you don't want me to take the Alamo out?  How many ships are out there?"

-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:50 pm on April 13, 2004

"Two ships' shields have been reduced, sir! One ship has exploded, it was carrying live photon torpedoes!"

-- Posted by James Madison on 10:53 pm on April 13, 2004

"Status on that field, major? Hail the Rivendell, inform them to come closer to the station."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 10:53 pm on April 13, 2004

*Hobson considers, and turns to Daniels.*
"Yes, prepare it for attack, be swift, let's give them a surprise."

-- Posted by Vorak on 10:55 pm on April 13, 2004

"Attempt to take out the Ferengi flagship, it will disorganize their strategies. Ferengi often do not think themselves very much. I do not recommend to take captives and bargain for their lives, the Ferengi will likely care little for their own kind."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:57 pm on April 13, 2004

"The field is nearly ready to go up."
*Taps comm badge.*

=A= Rivendell, this is major Green. Move your ship closer to DS 20, we are going to try and end this battle with a coordinated attack. Major Green out. =A=

-- Posted by James Madison on 10:58 pm on April 13, 2004

"We will take their men and ships for intelligence. Not for trade. A wonder it would be, to see what they have against us on their files. Tactical, fire quantum torpedoes on the flagship. All ships, concentrate fire on it, as well."

-- Posted by Daniels on 10:59 pm on April 13, 2004

"Understood."
*Leaves for the Alamo.*

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

-- Posted by Daniels on 2:00 am on April 14, 2004

*Hail coming in at Freedom Station.*
"Incoming, need repairs, took heavy damage, took out lead vessel, there dead in the water, no weapons or engines."

-- Posted by James Madison on 2:22 am on April 14, 2004

"We will send repair teams. Colonel Williams, report to the Alamo for repairs."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 2:25 am on April 14, 2004

*Love nods to Hobson and immediately goes over to the tactical console. She amazingly calculates firing coordinates on offending ships' power generators, main weapons, and weakened shields, with a collective expression and some ease. Turning around to face admiral Hobson.*
"Sir, I recommend all fire be focused on these few targets. If enough damage is done, it will render the enemy defenseless. Although I am not completely sure if this station is compatible to produce the necessary power."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 2:27 am on April 14, 2004

"Make it so. Fire in an even pattern at all targets."

-- Posted by James Madison on 2:27 am on April 14, 2004

"Make it so, It seems Omega is sending the U.S.S. Ticonderoga. Hail them when they get in range."

-- Posted by Steven Cruse on 10:21 am on April 14, 2004

"This battle is far from over, there are still at least 15 ships left. I will take tactical. The Aztec is beaming an assault team of 20 marines to the Ferengi flagship, to capture their leaders for interrogations."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:58 am on April 14, 2004

*Green glances at his console.*
"The Rivendell is firing all its weapons."
*Pushes buttons on console.*

-- Posted by dutchman36 on 12:58 pm on April 14, 2004

=^= Dutchman to Freedom Station. We beamed marines on board, stand by to receive one of the Ferengi leaders. =^=

-- Posted by Vorak on 4:31 pm on April 14, 2004

*Vorak raises one eyebrow at Paris Love.*
"Fascinating, it appears you did pay attention to tactical classes at the Academy indeed. What is the status of the Thoron field? Can it be raised yet? If so, I may address the Ferengi themselves and tell them that our weaponry is far more powerful than theirs. They will attempt to have their sensors penetrate the Thoron field, at which point the illusion will be created that they succeed, and find out that I speak truth."

-- Posted by Steven Cruse on 6:50 pm on April 14, 2004

*Station shakes violently.*
"Sir, hull breaches on levels 29 and 32, damage is severe, many casualties. Firing photons and phasers at a Ferengi vessel.... direct hit, they lost warp and shields. It also can be boarded, should I ready a marine team from the Aztec?"

-- Posted by Mark Green on 7:08 pm on April 14, 2004

"Thoron field is up, admiral Vorak. Should I open a frequency to a Ferengi vessel?"

-- Posted by frans bauer on 7:56 pm on April 14, 2004

*Incoming transmission with heavy interference.*
"This is Bauer to Freedom... in need of assistance...."

-- Posted by James Madison on 9:19 pm on April 14, 2004

"All ships pull to the station. Ms. Love, fire all weapons. This must end."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 9:29 pm on April 14, 2004

*Love enters the command on the console. All weapons are focused on the few targets set earlier. The damage does not entirely disable their defenses, but rather brings it to a minimal.*
"Sir, it seems to be just short of having the effect I had hoped for. Continue firing?"
-- Posted by James Madison on 9:31 pm on April 14, 2004

"Yes, with the ships firing, it should take out all of them, or send the rest running with their tails tucked."

-- Posted by Dean Starwind on 9:43 pm on April 14, 2004

=/\= DS20, this is Venture. There are four remaining marauders. They are retreating and only one has warp capability. Should we pursue? =/\=

-- Posted by James Madison on 9:44 pm on April 14, 2004

"Negative, all ships come to the station for repairs."
*Madison turns around.*
"Go to yellow alert, all engineering teams report. I want all engineers to report to the station for briefing. Admiral, Ms. Love, you may take some rest in the guest quarters. Major Green, hail the Ticonderoga and inform them that they can come, but to bring assistance in medical and repairs. The battle is over, the war is not."

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet