• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

The Conference Room

Started by Marcus Brodie, July 26, 2005, 08:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcus Brodie

Brodie walked into the conference room. Sitting at the long conference desk he awaiting his new XO. Looking at the 2 Admirals.

"Is their a time that your predicting the Interceptor will be completed?"
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/keogh.jpg" border="0">
Captain Marcus Brodie
Avalon Station Operations

Hobson looked down for a moment thinking. "......yes, that does sound more promising. Captain, you heard Admiral Madison on that one, thats spot on. We need to prepare the ship for departure by a matter of days. Now we must plot a course for its exploration, Captain, you might want to be a part of that of course".

He tapped controls at the table and the wall monitor lit up with cartography of the Delta Quadrant.

Wil Riker

This ship gets better and better.
What Ca'nt it do Admiral?
Name:Wil, Riker
Postion:Classified
Ship/Station:Classified

"Are there any closing questions or statements? I think we have discussed the details of this mission of exploration. We might all enjoy returning to the Interceptor to see how the work is coming along, and for the crew of the ship who are here".
He nodded to the three ship command staff.
"will be able to remain on board for your own discussions and work to be done. It sounds as if Admiral Fisher has stepped the completion date sooner than expected, and all the better for it!".

The Senior Staff Meeting Room

"A week perhaps, or as the hope is. It depends on the work of our crew, the Interning Cadets are a great help, and it is a help to them as well. My concern is not the time the Interceptor takes to be completed, it is her crew. She is a little short on crew I have to say. We were very lucky to find you an XO, and glad enough a very good one has been found...now! to your first assignment, it will be to head toward the Van'Gu Cluster, where the Excalibur was sent for its voyage of exploration and research. We have been unable to hear from them for almost a month now, concern is valid at this point. You are to first of all see to the edge of the cluster, see if you can get a signal in. If you cannot, you will enter it. Before I go on, do you have any concerns Captain?"

James Madison

Madison glances at the cadet then looks at Brodie.
"The Excalibur is however expected back before your mission. As fit as the Excalobur is its scientific equipment is not as advanced as the Interceptor's will be. We do not yet know how the new devices put on the ship will function in the cluster. If the Excalibur and Unity report hostile activities we may scrub the mission to the Cluster edge for a more challenging task for the new ship. The Excaliburs over month long mission their should gather enough data for now. My vote lands with beginning the Interceptors famed to be maiden voyage to unexplored space. It will take weeks to plot a course and look for the correct place to explore however Expansion Nebula star charts are availible to us. We can have the ship loaded with cargo and better crewed during the time we plan the mission."
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/dougherty_matthew.jpg" border="0">
Admiral - High Command
Avalon Station CO

He smiled at this point.
"It can't run without a crew, and a fine one it will have to. One of the best things it can have for this certain mission is the ability to communicate long range without a delay of months. Any other ship that would be as far as the Interceptor is to go would not be able to communicate with DS20 quickly, the delay for signal travel would be weeks without communication buoys. The Interceptor has only a 2 minute delay in audio transmission, 5 minute in visual. As long as the communication arrays are not damaged that kind of quick, and very long range communication can continue".

Wil Riker

that will be a better job that the one I came from
Name:Wil, Riker
Postion:Classified
Ship/Station:Classified

Mathew Moriarty

Is this where I am supposed to report for a mission briefing Sir.
Former Chief Tactical Officer USS Aztec
Former XO USS Discovery
Former XO/CO Uss Excalibur

Out there Second Star to the right and straight on till morning (Star Trek Wrath of Khan.)

Hobson enters the conference room with Brodie and Kellanis and takes a seat.

"Come in Cadet, this will not take long".
He takes a padd sitting on the table and hands it to Graham.
"Cadet Graham you are then? Engineering, there is a perfect chance for you here then. You are assigned to the Interceptor installations in the main engineering bay, you will report to Admiral Gary Fisher who will probally have you assist him in the main engineering decks of the USS Interceptor. He will report back to me on your work and such and we will go from there. Dismissed cadet".

"I think we will continue with what Admiral Madison proposed for an assignment of the Interceptor. It is indeed possible the Excalibur will return soon, making the Interceptor a little need at the Van'Gu Cluster...I have quickly set a course for the Interceptor".
The fleet delta quadrant map came onto the screen again with a view of the entire explored and unexplored space.
http://venus.walagata.com/w/argonath2/interceptorspath.jpg" border="0">

Jasmine Kellanis

"Hmm, we could get some support, or at least someone to tag along, with firefox division, they have a carrier patrolling  along the opposing border of the DA."

"Also, concerning the excalibur and the Van'Gu cluster, we could enlist the aid,if they're willing, of the Order of the Blue Flame."
Jasmine Kellanis
Commander
U.S.S. Interceptor XO

James Madison

"The point of a maiden voyage is for it to be solo. The ship is built for such a task. I have not heard of an..order of the blue flame. I am sure the Exbalibur will be fine, it and the Unity are fine ships."
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/dougherty_matthew.jpg" border="0">
Admiral - High Command
Avalon Station CO