• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Episode 1: "All Roads Lead to Sol"

Started by Vorak, September 30, 2010, 07:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Episode 1: "All Roads Lead to Sol"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vernemeton Station - Captain's Office

Saul seriously wanted to put a phaser shot through the dog's head. For some reason it kept on stating that pointing a phaser at it was a violation of the Prime Directive - which Saul knew stated that "members of Starfleet are not to interfere in the internal affairs of another species, especially the natural development of pre-warp civilizations, either by direct intervention, or technological revelation" and had nothing to do with pointing a weapon at a machine, whether it claimed to be an AI or not.

He also wanted to scream at it that simply showing the Captain some files - which could afterall be forged - was not proof as to it's intelligence, design or the integrity of the data it apparently contained.

All this, however, he did not do. Glancing at the Captain, he slowly lowered his phaser, and stared at the machine, deciding it wasn't worth getting thrown in the brig for. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author:  Naquv [ Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:37 pm ]

Naquv was running scans on the exterior of the shuttle, even if he wasn't a tactical officer. The humans do say two heads are better than one. He also was monitoring the secondary computer core, somewhat because of his duty, but more because he wanted to test his engineering knowledge. There was no time for his algorithm, which was almost never worked on when he was on duty. There was nothing notable happening with the shuttle or the core, but he would continue to monitor until the Concordia reached Vernemeton. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:26 am ]

Secondary Computer Core Access Room, U.S.S. Concordia

Brackman approached the console Dwight was working at and said, "So how are the preparations coming along? QAI is prepared to transfer his primary operations to the core as soon as it is sufficiently isolated and secured."

He glanced at the computer core, which stretched a couple of decks below, before looking at Dwight and added, "Also, just something I thought I should bring up again - the moment QAI's operations are transferred, the core's operating capacity will exceed 100%, even while he is in sleep mode. Fortunately, in sleep mode, it is only somewhat above 100%, perhaps 108% or so, so instead of an instant meltdown, the core will slowly fry itself to a crisp. QAI will give me an estimation on how long the core will last right after he transfers himself over and will enter sleep mode immediately after, so expect a slight spike in operation levels before it levels out." 

Author:  omannin [ Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:58 pm ]

Engineering, U.S.S. Concordia

Daniel nodded, "Yes sir," he said, "I can't say I trust them either."

He bent down on one knee and began to examine the ensign closest to him looking for visible signs the male Ensign had been injured in the attack.

His scanner picked up a decrease in brain activity and the presence of something 'foreign' in the blood stream. Looking closer the Betazoid could see a red line trickling down the officer's neck and down his back changing his collar from a golden yellow to a deep crimson red. On the human's neck were two small holes as if pins had been inserted.

Borg assimilation marks, he thought and sighed with the realization.

Getting rid of the nanophites was not an easy chore. Numerous methods had been devised but none without complications. Adding to the severity of the Engineering officers condition was the head wound that further jeopardized his health.

There was one advantage and it had not escaped Daniel's notice was that a drop in neural activity was one way to thwart the assimilation process. This had been done before but by more controlled means, not by injury.

O'Mannin placed the neuro stimulator into its proper position and then looked up at the superior officer that had addressed him, "Sir, how long before we can get back to sic bay?"

There was a sense of urgency in his voice as he asked the question and he hope the answer would reveal they could return soon. To be honest, the mess hall was far from equipped to handle such injuries and the young medical officer was not going to just stand by without giving the best possible aid to his wounded comrade. 

Author:  Mimas [ Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:10 pm ]

Bridge, U.S.S. Concordia

Mimas was more than happy with Naquvs assistant on running and monitoring the scan on the Shuttle's hull...
He barely could keep up with the repairs that were needed all over the ship...
Most of his efforts went to trying to get sickbay operational again...

"Finally", he sighed, tapping his communicater

=^=Bridge to messhall, Sickbay is functional again, though it wil have to do with some power fluctuations.... l can't seem to find the cause of it just yet, but l can guaranty you that power will never drop below 70%. Go do your job, doctor=^=

He could very well imagine how the medical staff were suffering to help the injured without the proper tools.... His father had given numerous comparisons to make cristalclear how painfull it is for any healer to see others suffer.... "its trying to make music on a stringless guitar..." he once said...

Next task ahead, he spoke to himself, getting this boat ready to warp....

=^= engeneering, what's the status on our warpdrives? =^=

<ooc: just returned from an unexpected 5 day trip....
all due respect, but l have to get this of my chest, l do not agree with the assumption that the shuttle is still in space (l'm sry l could not post this immediately) it just makes no sense... in fact, it was the minute the shuttle was transported, that the borg boarded the ship.... having the shuttle in space would mean the borg collective would have boarded it or were about to when this whole action took place.... and to be quite honest, l don't understand why the shuttle has to be in space at all... any of brackmans objections (the shuttle not being rdy to be moved) work just as well with the shuttle in the shuttlebay)> 

Author:  Fredrick Dwight [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:51 am ]

Engineering USS Concordia

Dwight looked up at the security chief and then that man that he must assumed to be the Doctor of this new AI talked to him.

"It will do what?" Dwight only shook his head. "I got a few spare memory space ingrames, I am guessing it will be caused by too much power and processing speed? That could be easily modified, see that large alcove? That is a machine grade replicator, I'll just replicate a few more nods, it may look like a tube farm for the moment, but I assure you, we can jirry rig something to make the process slow down, I am sure we can make sure we can make the speed so it only takes 100% Or if it is memory space... I assure you, as the Chief Engineer, I will make sure that he is as snug as a bug in a rug." He blinked and shook his head. "Sorry, my grandmother use to say that a lot... very old Earth saying."

He moved over so the Doctor could see his work. "I have already added over two thousand kilowades of data for the core to handle, I assure you, we have some of the best people that we have on the ship working on this."

He stopped as a man came up with a new report. "That changes some things." He said to himself... "I am afraid that we finished some tests... and even with our add ons, it will still be at 102%, slower meltdown than before, but not good..."

He blinked as he looked at the core below him, "I just hope we can keep this AI alive, I have always been fascinated by how scientists can make computers appear to think for themselves, yet, I have only heard about one true independent machine, that could think somewhat like a human... was killed saving his crew though." He blinked. "Here I am talking about non essential items, so, come on... get to work, we got time a wasting." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:58 pm ]

Brackman approached a console and prepared to give QAI the order to transfer. As he waited, he said, "M-5 was incredibly flawed, Mr. Dwight, and over a century old at this point. We've made a few advancements since then. And there is no illusion - QAI thinks for himself."

Brackman interfaced with the console and after a moment added, "Your engineers overestimated themselves. Your add-ons will barely even shave off a tenth of a percent. Your efforts were noble, Mr. Dwight, but QAI is simply too advanced for your systems to hold him for long. Even if we were to use the ship's full capacity, if QAI were to go out of sleep mode, your systems would overload." 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:50 pm ]

O'Mannin got the message that sick bay was available and allowed a smile to cross his smoothly shaven face. The blaring noises of red alert status still assaulted his senses letting him know that all clear had not yet been given and the ship was still not secure.

"Ensign O'Mannin to the Mess Hall," the betazoid said tapping his communication badge, "begin transferring operations back to sick bay."

He then tapped his badge again, "Ensign O'Mannins requesting location to location transfer of two from Engineering to Sick Bay."

The young medical officer knew far to well that if he could not get the man he now knelt over stabilized they would loose him, borg assimilation or not.

"Ensign O'Mannin to Dr. David," he began again quickly as he passed the dermal regenerator over the deep laceration on the back of the wounded officers skull.

Looking about for a moment he could see his fellow medical officers busily at work with their tasks, "get the wounded to Sick Bay as you can," he offered in way of an order, "and then see about scanning the Engineering officers as was requested."

"Come on," he muttered under his breath impatiently awaiting an answer to his request. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:30 pm ]

Gustaf Brackman wrote:

Brackman approached a console and prepared to give QAI the order to transfer. As he waited, he said, "M-5 was incredibly flawed, Mr. Dwight, and over a century old at this point. We've made a few advancements since then. And there is no illusion - QAI thinks for himself."

Brackman interfaced with the console and after a moment added, "Your engineers overestimated themselves. Your add-ons will barely even shave off a tenth of a percent. Your efforts were noble, Mr. Dwight, but QAI is simply too advanced for your systems to hold him for long. Even if we were to use the ship's full capacity, if QAI were to go out of sleep mode, your systems would overload."

"Disrespect wont be tolerated, Mr Gustaf. If I had a choice we would let your QAI rot in hell, so you will show a little bit more respect to Mr Dwight, or you can kiss your QAI good bye. Do I make myself clear!" Urban said coming to his fellow officer's aid. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:24 pm ]

Not looking up from the console, Brackman replied, "I was unaware I was being disrespectful, Mr. Urban. And I find your blatant desire to execute me and my companion far more disrespectful. Your double standards are very distasteful. But since you're the one with the gun pointed at my head, I suppose I will have to agree. Respect is of most importance and I'm glad you realize that."

Looking up at Mr. Dwight, Brackman said, "So is the computer core prepared, Mr. Dwight? The sooner we transfer QAI, the sooner we can leave." 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:40 pm ]

"If you wish me to point my phaser at your head, then I suppose I could oblige but if your old age hasnt degraded your lack of perception, my phaser is holstered. I suggest you thank Dwight and his engineers for their time to accomodate your QAI. Your ego will not be tolerated nor your continue lack of respect towards the very engineers who are trying to save your QAI." Urban said distastefully towards Gustaf. 

Author:  Fredrick Dwight [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:19 am ]

Dwight looked at Mr. Urban with a scowl, "I would like to remind you that we are dealing with something that could be higher then top secret research here, and as such, I did not know what we are dealing with, so if you so much as let this AI "rot" as you so said, I will make sure that the we part is clarified to not include me. After all... I do not need someone to be telling me what I think about something for me. Is that understood? I know you are in charge of security, but I am in charge of this operation at the moment."

Dwight than turned to the scientist. "I guess we are as ready as well ever will be, but I am curious to know... as an Engineer, how did you get a shuttle like yours to have more power and system generation than a Intrepid class star ship? I know you say you are a scientist, but you must have taken some engineering courses to solve these problems... How long are you going to be here? I would like to discuss what you can discuss that is... but if we could translate your computer processing speeds and storage applicabilities to a starship of this size, imagine what can be done in research or scans.... or even advancing less dangerous forms of travel other than warp speed, with the speed limit still in place." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:49 am ]

"You dont tell me how to do my job, Engineer. As for you Gustaf, I suggest you keep your mouth shut!" Urban said turning on Dwight and then whipped around to face Gustaf. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:41 am ]

Turning back to his console, Brackman said, "Unfortunately, Mr. Urban, since I believe none of us are telepaths, so our only way of communication is through speech. And I believe you want to get out of here just as quickly as everyone else, so please keep your anger in check."

"And Mr. Dwight, I can only tell you that that information is classified. I apolgize. Now, I believe we should begin."

Pressing a button on his wrist device, Brackman said, "QAI, the core is ready. Transfer your primary operations over now."

There was no reply, but a moment later, every console in the room began to give off a loud beeping noise. Brackman looked at the console and waited. A few moments after, the noise lessened somewhat, and Brackman announced, "The core will last approximately 2 hours and 23 minutes before QAI has to transfer himself back. The core has stablized at 107.6%."

Pressing a button on the console, Brackman said =/\= Engineering to the Bridge, the transfer has been successful. The shuttle can now be moved safely and we can leave right after it is in the shuttlebay and we are clear of the asteroid field. =/\= 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:19 pm ]

Commander Shepard - Bridge

"Engineering to the bridge," came Dr. Brackman's voice over the comm, "the transfer has been successful. The shuttle can now be moved safely and we can leave right after it is in the shuttlebay and we are clear of the asteroid field."

"Good," Shepard said. "We'll be leaving momentarily. Bridge out." Shepard closed the comm and turned to the operations officer. "Transport the shuttle into our hangar," he ordered. "Helm, as soon as the shuttle is aboard, set course back to Starbase 384." 

Author:  Tristrim Yates [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:44 pm ]

*...Tristrim Yates exited his quarters with a smile on his face. Today was his official first day of work on his first ship. As he walked down the corridor passing other crew members he could not help but smile. He was finally living a dream and he was excited to uphold a legacy that his father and his family have built up with generations of servitude to the navy. As he finally came to the turbo lift, which seemed to take days to get too he stood there and issued his command...*

"Deck one, Bridge."

*...A moment later the doors opened and he walked in positioning himself comfortably amongst fellow officers crowded in the lift and waited for his floor. After a few moments the lift emptied until it was only him and witht the comfort of the empty lift he let out a nervous sigh and when the lift stopped and the door opened he stepped onto the bridge of the first ship he will serve on...* 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:55 pm ]

((ooc: Sorry about the last post, I wasnt thinking clearly since I was totally tired and wasnt thinking clearly. Last time I post at 12am at night.))

"Lets go, Brackman." Urban sneered.

=^= "Security team bravo, meet us outside the shuttle bay." =^= Urban said tapping his combadge.

"Lets go, sense im pretty sure you want to see your hunk of junk ship, which should be in a trash compactor." Urban said to Brackman as they left Engineering. 

Author:  Fredrick Dwight [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:39 pm ]

Dwight looked at Urban but said nothing, "You do realize that you are representing the security of this ship?" Dwight tapped his own comm badge. =A=Dwight to Engineering, how is the core repairs coming along?=A=

=A=Engineering here, we are fine, core is ready to go to warp. Grant out. =A=

Dwight looked up and smiled before tapping his comm badge again. =A=Dwight to Bridge, we are ready to go to warp when the need comes, just wanted to let you know, Dwight out.=A=

He then looked at the core, "Let's keep this core cooled down, over heating will just make it go faster... if we can keep the gel packs cooled down we can make it last maybe ten more minutes, I want to milk as much time as we can."

The engineers around him only nodded before he walked over to Urban and the scientist. "Do you mind if I come along? I have been meaning to go to cargo bay two myself, I want to make sure we don't have any rodents of any kind from our shipment... they can do nasty things to my ship's internals." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:07 pm ]

Heading into the turbolift, Brackman replied, "You are welcome to join use, Mr. Dwight. My shuttle is actually roughly two decades more advanced than the Soveriegn class, Mr. Urban. Some features of my shuttle are planned to be implemented some time in the future on future ships, others have been decided to be left out in favor of things we are more familiar with. It is technically the property of the Federation Council, but it is on indefinite loan to me."

The turbolift soon stopped and the trio exited the turbolift. As they approached the security team by the shuttlebay doors, Brackman added, "The shuttle served as a test bed vehicle for many experimental technologies and is in fact itself a prototype for a future class of shuttles. Of course, that means many current features are going to be scrapped in favor of more conventional ones. It has an expected lifespan of 75 years before it would be decommissioned."

The group arrived outside the shuttlebay. Brackman nodded at the security guards and waited for Urban to say something to them. 

Author:  Ryn Martin [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:37 pm ]

OOC: Sorry all, am going to be posting maybe once or twice a week until late September which is when I get back to school.

IC:

Martin looked around and sighed.

"Computer activate Emergency medical hologram and have him transfered here, authorization M64 Alpha."

The EMH appeared and greeted Martin with it's customary "Please state the nature of your..."

Martin interjected, "We've got a lot of injured people, do your job."

Martin began hauling the injured to the beds while the EMH set about doing what he could. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  omannin [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:05 pm ]

Taking the wounded officer in his arms he waited, come on he though as impatience grew.

Then a moment later he was standing in sickbay. Once again, he gathered his thoughts and suppressed his senses. O'Mannin quickly carried the man to the nearest biobed and laid him gently on the soft surface. Quickly he set the biofunction monitor to the appropriate settings. Silently he cursed that the display had not been upgraded to the Okudagram found on larger federation vessels. The information would be sufficient but harder for him to interpret and that was what irritated him.

"Computer activate voice response sequences for biofunction monitors," he ordered then glanced about looking for the only other truly qualified staff member.

"Where is Doctor David," he snapped under his breath.

"Oxygen intake down to eighty percent," the computers unemotional voice declared as if the fact was insignificant. Daniel rushed and placed the pulmonary support unit in place and activated it.

"Come on man you can make it," he said, this time in a much louder voice and looked about again for his superior officer.

(OOC: Well I have been doing some research and have discovered I have made a serious blunder. Starships of this size typically only have two Medical personnel, the CMO and the Assistant. There is the Emergency Medical Hologram true but I have been NPCing crewmembers that do not or should not exist. If you wish I shall edit my posts and make them crew members from other departments that have some medical training. I apologize for my oversite. 

Author:  Naquv [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:13 pm ]

Naquv looked toward Yates, nodding to him and saying, "Mr. Yates, I assume?" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:09 pm ]

Gustaf Brackman wrote:
Heading into the turbolift, Brackman replied, "You are welcome to join use, Mr. Dwight. My shuttle is actually roughly two decades more advanced than the Soveriegn class, Mr. Urban. Some features of my shuttle are planned to be implemented some time in the future on future ships, others have been decided to be left out in favor of things we are more familiar with. It is technically the property of the Federation Council, but it is on indefinite loan to me."

The turbolift soon stopped and the trio exited the turbolift. As they approached the security team by the shuttlebay doors, Brackman added, "The shuttle served as a test bed vehicle for many experimental technologies and is in fact itself a prototype for a future class of shuttles. Of course, that means many current features are going to be scrapped in favor of more conventional ones. It has an expected lifespan of 75 years before it would be decommissioned."

The group arrived outside the shuttlebay. Brackman nodded at the security guards and waited for Urban to say something to them.

"I dont care. My security team and I will be inside the shuttle bay while your making your repairs just incase." Urban said with a sneer for this scientist. "Dwight, I am sorry but you arent authorized to enter the shuttlebay. I am not going to let this targ out of my sight till he leaves this ship." Urban added with a continous sneer. 

Author:  Fredrick Dwight [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:18 pm ]

Dwight looked at the security officer, "Fine, but if you detect any rodents... contact me, I got a very nice mouse trap that I will use, and it promotes ecosystem checks and balances... so I will leave you two alone." He was frustrated at not getting to see a test bed ship, or shuttle, his dream would have to wait for time than. "Maybe I can see this thing launched, I always am curious on working with future and experimental tech."

With those words he stepped back into the turbo lift and waited for the other two to leave the lift. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:38 am ]

Brackman raised his eyebrows, "Actually, Mr. Dwight, since I'm sure you've already looked over the scans of the shuttle's exterior, it would be perfectly alright for you to join us. I'm sure you could do some repairs to the exterior also. The shuttle uses the same hull as any other vessel in the Federation. Well, it's slightly denser, but as long as you don't know how, I don't think it would be a problem. At the moment, only minor repairs can be conducted until your superiors and I can figure out where major equipment will be coming from."

Brackman ignored Urban's obvious disgust with him and decided that that was his overall reaction to everyone, but that Urban had decided to try and focus his energies on Brackman. Whether it be some grudge against scientists or just a case of hostility to the elderly, Brackman didn't know or really care. He was certain that Urban wouldn't kill him since there was nothing to gain and a lot to lose.

~Besides,~ Brackman thought to himself, ~The man is suffering from a case of acute paranoia. He probably thinks he's protecting himself.~ 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:19 am ]

"The only way I am allowing, Dwight NEAR that shuttle is with the Captains permission sense it was him who ordered me to not allow anyone aside from you Gustaf to enter your shuttle. So NO, Dwight isnt going near your shuttle sense it was you who said the shuttle is classified at the top of the admiralty and now your going against when you previously stated and contridicting yourself?. YEAH!, your not going Dwight. Only one goes near the shuttle is Gustaf and its my job to enforce it. After all the sooner you fix your shuttle the sooner your out of my sight. Thats final. Get the Captains permission first." Urban said in an authoritive manner as Urban roughly left the turbolift and went over to the security officers standing nearby.

"Dont let Dwight near unless he has the Captains permission." Urban calmly whispered to his men as he resorted back to his casual self. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:33 am ]

Brackman called out from the turbolift, "Not so, Mr. Urban. I said the shuttle's contents are classified. The shuttle itself technically isn't. The prototype was designed by Starfleet - collegues of mine just took the liberty of building and equiping it. Which means, in simplier terms, everything inside the shuttle is off-limits, while the exterior isn't. And don't you think I would get off this ship sooner if I had help fixing the shuttle? Honestly, I'm probably old enough to be your grandparent. How much work do you think I can do in a single day?" 

Author:  Tristrim Yates [ Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:54 pm ]

*...Tristrim slipped out a smirk and a nod to Naquv. He then snapped to attention and gave a salute and sounded off...*

"Yes, Sir. Ensign Tristrim Yates reporting in as the assistant chief operations officer, Sir." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:28 pm ]

USS Concordia, Science Lab
Ensign Larson taps his com badge
"Larson to the Bridge"
"Go ahead Ensign"
"I have noticed a surge in power comsumption by the computer core. it is small now ,but should be delt with by engineering"
"Thank you Ensign we are already attending to the core"
"I'll keep you updated on the power drain, Larson out" 

Author:  Mimas [ Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:41 pm ]

The surge might have been small, it had not escaped Mimas' eye. It's not to worry about, at this point, he thought.

Warpdrives are functional, lifesupport is restored, the wounded are being treated, ..., his mind was looking for things he might have missed, before he tapped his com

=^= bridge to comanding officer.... apart from minor fluctuations in powersuplies to various sectors, Concordia is ready warp, sir.
it seems the powersurges are due to the secondary core modifications...
What are your orders?=^=

Mimas looked arround at the bridge crew: they were all waiting to get away from this spot in space...
He could sense the anxiety; no-one was really sure if the borg sphere had transmitted its location prior to its destruction. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Alyssa Reid [ Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:49 pm ]

=/\= Reid to engineering, are these fluctuations anything we need to be concerned about? =/\= 

Author:  Russel Hilliard [ Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:04 pm ]

The Hub, Station Vernemeton

Russ was cleaning off the tables that weren't occupied, with a smile on his face. A shift was about to start and a few people in turqoise stood up to leave. One walked over to him and told him how great his Hub was. The way Hilliard thought about it, it was not a pub or bar or lounge just a Hub. It was those thoughts, those odd, simple ones that made him warm like a cup of Earth's peppermint tea. Two people walking in caught his attention, and when he looked over it was a father and son. He strode lightly over to them and said his usual 'welcome to the Hub' that he did with all people that first came in and offered them a seat. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:46 am ]

C.O's Office - Station Vern

Faraness watched as Mr Karrath lowered his weapon and calmed himself down to a professional level once more.

"Good. Now, Mr Karrath. If what Argus here is saying is true, If you wish im sure I could contact Starbase Avalon and have them check it out." As Faraness spoke she was making hands movements towards Mr Karrath as if to tell him to take a seat.

"If there really is a slave camp as the co-ordinates provided, which it seems, is in Starfleet Territory in the outer regions, then Avalon will launch a full attack on the camp and free the slaves." 

Author:  Argus [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:55 am ]

"If? If what im saying is true?. I know what I am saying is true. Only one other person had access to my files and only one person was able to download anything into my memory banks and now he is dead. I am the last of the prototypes he made. Now I have delivered my message what will become of me now?. Will you allow Karrath turn me into scrap metal? or will I be dismantled for my parts to be studied? sense I am a sentient life form of sorts." Argus said in a serious non emotional voice. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:19 am ]

Science lab USS Concordia
Alan felt frustrated. He had been at his post through it all. The Borg attack, the aftermath, the reports of the wounded being moved from the mess hall back to sic bay, but no one asked him to act. He did as he was told, he maned his duty station in the lab, and ran his diagnostics just like he was ordered to do. He had a ray of hope when he noticed the small power surge in the secondary core. He even broke the chain of command and breached protocall at the same time when notified the Bridge, instead of his commanding officer about the surge. He felt like he needed to be noticed and involved, even if it ment being repremanded for breaking regulations. It seemed that no one cared about him. He was just the lowly Ensign left in the lab , to clean up the mess if a phaser blast jarred the ship and knocked some test equipment off a shelf . "I did'nt sign up for duty on the only starship at the edge of the galaxy to moniter a computer system that pretty much can take care of it self" he thought to himself. "If they don't care about my watchful eye on the computer, I guess I just have to put myself where the action is" he whispered out loud, even though no one was there to hear him. "I don't believe I am going to do this " He shouted to no one. His hand hovered over his com badge, while he thought about how much the manditory medical trianing that almost got him booted from the acadamy bothered him. He nearly vomited everytime he saw blood, even though he knew the medical emergencies he suffered in his school days were only holodeck simulations. "Here we go!!!" he screamed
Ensign Larson tapped his com badge.
"Larson to Dr. David, or any medical staff. Do you require assistance?" 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:53 pm ]

Karrath painstakingly forced himself into the military 'at ease' position, staring blankly at the wall, as he attempted to reel his temper in. Right now, he would like nothing more than to turn that thing which was trying to turn most of his life upside-down into scrap metal, but he wasn't in the resistance anymore. He wasn't in the Bajoran militia anymore. He was Starfleet. He needed to act more professionally. And he usually did. He couldn't actually remember a time where he had been like this around a non-Cardassian before. This wasn't him.

"I would appreciate an investigation, Sir." he said woodenly. He didn't think he could manage his usual jovial attitude so soon. 

Author:  Argus [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:33 am ]

Station CO's Office

<Argus sat there as his onboard sensors scanned Karrath, his heart rate calming down slightly, his blood pressure lowering slightly, Argus continued to sit looking at Karrath through his robot eye's>

"I understand your dislike of me right now, I just turned your world upside down and I apologize for it. But I rather you know the truth and hate me for it, than live with a lie. I am sorry I had to bring this pain to your life, Karrath. But I had too, it was the dieing wish of my creator." Argus said through his vocal program, the voice that came out was as if Argus was genuine about what he just said. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:20 am ]

Shepard stood from his seat. "Helm, plot a course to Starbase 384 and engage at warp six. Commander Reid, you have the bridge. I'm going to go check on our resident AI personally." The commander rounded the central guard-rail and stepped into the turbolift. The computer chimed, acknowledging his presence. "Deck 11, engineering," he said, and the turbolift car began to move downwards toward it's destination.

The turbolift eventually reached Deck 11 and the doors slid open. Shepard stepped out and made his way around the nearest corner, seeing the double doors to Engineering further down the corridor. He stepped through the doors, and found Lieutenant Dwight, who had just returned a few minutes ago. "Lieutenant," he called out, getting the chief engineer's attention. "How is the AI holding up?" 

Author:  omannin [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:53 pm ]

Danial O'Mannin - Sickbay

Daniel sighed as he realized the patient had stabilized and he could turn his attention elsewhere at least for the moment.

"Now where is Dr. David," he muttered glancing about again.

The patients neural activity was still reduced but his breathing and heart rate were steady. Knowing what had worked in the past for those infected with the Borg's "special virus" he began thinking of what actions might be best to take.

The medical officers thought were brought to the incoming message, an offer of assistance and he let a faint smile cross his face.

"Ensign O'Mannin here," he offered as he tapped his communication badge, "we will need assistance getting the wounded from the mess hall to sickbay. We need gurneys to move them and help getting them here." 

Author:  Tristrim Yates [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:25 pm ]

*...over hearing the orders of whom he assumed to be the Captain he gave the Chief Ops a quick nod and began a slight trought to the captain and before he had a chance to introduce himself he had already walked by him and left the bridge. Befundled a little he quickly walked over to Lt. Commander Reid and reported in. He was eager to be put to work as soon as possible...*

"Ensign Yates reporting in, Sir. I am ready for duty and eager to serve."

*...He stood at the side of the commander and awaited a response...* 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Alan Larson [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:31 pm ]

Science Lab USS Concordia
Ensign Larson was ready to go, but wanted to play by the book.
"Understood, I am on my way to the mess hall as soon as I get clearance to leave my duty station, Larson out"

He tapped the badge again.
"Larson to bridge. Request permission to vacate my duty station and assist the medical team. They seem to have there hands full"

The thought of dealing with wounded was already making him queezey, But it was time to step up and face the fear that had been holding him back for so long..... 

Author:  Fredrick Dwight [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:45 pm ]

Main Engineering USS Concordia

Dwight looked up to see the Captain of the ship. "Not too good in the long run, our systems are going to blare alarms in another twenty minutes, but we should be careful, do not worry, we will be fine if we can keep this AI in sleep mode." 

Author:  Mimas [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:46 pm ]

Mimas looked up from his monitor, at cmd Reid's face. A quick look confirmed his thoughts, Reid's mind was busy elsewhere....

=^= Bridge to larson, if those powersurges are staying within safe marges, l think it is ok for you to help in sickbay...
But be prepared to get back to your station ASAP when needed. It is not because our commanding officers have other things on their minds, that we can act on our own impulse. But for now, l think your help is more needed in sickbay.=^=

"l'll monitor the powersupplies from here, sir." Mimas explained to the gazing commander...
"They seem to be reaching an end anyway"

Meanwhile he repeated the helms reports

"course plotted, engaging warp in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, warpdrive activated."

The stars streched out to lightening stripes, as a massive fireworks explosion and USS Concordia diving into the middle of it...

l will allways love that sight, Mimas thought to himself... 

Author:  Tristrim Yates [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:46 pm ]

*...Tristrim overheard the request from the sciance labs and he looked to the commander with a look of content and asked sternly...*

"Sir, I too request permission to assist. I will personally assure the smooth transition of the wounded into the sick bay and I will maintain order so that we can get this done as quickly as possible. I would feel more comfortable knowing that those people are getting the proper treatment they deserve."

*...He felt a little guilty speaking the way he did. He felt he should have showed a little more compansion inhis request but he knows that in the field personal feelings cannot get in the way of ones duty...* 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:01 am ]

"Thats all I needed to here" Larson thought to him self

He reached into the storage locker near his work station and grabed a medkit and staped on a medical tricorder that was located next to the kit. He swiftly made his way to the door.

"I can't believe I am in a hurry to do this!",He said to the turbolift door as it slid open.

"Deck two" He he bellowed like Klingon warrior. He was tring to work up enough nerve to deal with the situation without having to hold on to somthing at all times to keep from passing out.

He took a few deep breaths

"I can do this!"
"I can do this!"

The door slid open, and there it was in front of him. Except it was'nt a nightmare or a holodeck simulation

This was for real.......... 

Author:  Alyssa Reid [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:31 am ]

"Aye sir." **Reid took her seat following the Captains departure to engineering.**

=/\=Mr. LArson, by all means. Feel free to help the medical teams if they require your assistance. Reid out. =/\=

And ensign Yates, i would like to formally welcome you aboard. I apologize that i have not had the opportunity yet. You may certainly go assist ensign. Let me know if they are in need of more personnel, i can definately have a few people reassigned if need be. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:49 am ]

Concordia - Outside the Shuttle bay

Urban was looking on waiting for Gustaf when he suddenly starts to run his hands through his hair and hits the wall, making a slight dent with his fist. A look of shock and worry creased across his features as he uncontrollably runs down the corridor throwing crewmen everywhere till he suddenly stopped and fell to the ground twitching

"What the......." the ensign said in disbelief as she got up from her prone position from being thrown.

=^= "Medical emergency, deck 4. Lt Urban is down." =^= the ensign said hurriedly tapping her comm badge. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:14 am ]

Mess Hall
Larson was helping a security officer to his feet when the call came. He had just closed a huge gash on his right thigh. There had been alot of blood, eventhough the wound had not been deep. He delt with it better than he thought he would. He just keep going over the training in his mind, all of which he remembered almost photographicly , and taking deep breaths. He always aced the written stuff, but almost always passed out in the simulations. The only ones left were crewmen with bumps and bruises that needed to be cleared for duty when sickbay was a little less busy.

He tapped his com badge"Larson to O'Maninn we are stable here. Are you to busy to make a house call? I can ascess Lt. Urbans condition and report back to you" 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:14 pm ]

Corridor near Shuttlebay, U.S.S. Concordia

Brackman was initially alarmed when Urban began his rampage but that alarm turned to surprise and then concern at Urban's sudden collapse. None of the crewmembers that Urban threw appeared to have any serious injuries, though Brackman noticed one was holding her arm to her chest and another had a subtle limp. The ensign next to Urban seemed to be trying to calm him down, with no success.

Brackman decided not to approach the fallen Urban, knowing there was nothing he could really do to help, as medical assistance has already been called and he was being watched over by the small crowd that had gathered. 

Author:  omannin [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:13 pm ]

O'Mannin shook his head when the word that another officer was down reached him. He sighed and pondered for a moment how he could be in two places at one.
Then another voice wanted to know if he could handle the emergency and the thought for a fleeting moment before responded. To be truthful he was deeply concerned about the patient he currently had and being he had received the unpleasant gifts of the boarding part he would need constant monitoring.

Daniel sighed when he saw one of the crew members bringing another wounded officer into the infirmary. Still he could not leave his unconscious colleague unattended. He reached for his com badge once again, "Ensign O'Mannin to Larson, I would appreciate it sir, Doctor David is still not present and I have a patient requiring my attention here. If you need anything let me know."

A bead of sweat began to form on his forehead as the stress level climbed upwards with each new message of need. He was grateful for the help he was receiving but still, without his senior officer he was handling one fire after another on his own.

With the Emergency Medical Hologram in the Mess Hall that freed him to be at sickbay until those critically injured could be brought to him. This plan would have worked if it hand not been for the unexpected need arising with the Chief of security.

Once again the computer stated a drop in oxygen levels and Daniel dived in to correct it, "Common you can do it," he muttered and glanced over at the new arrivals. It seemed that more had gone wrong than just a Borg boarding party and the rattling of the ship. With the chief of security down it seemed logical to the Betazoid that there was another problem beginning to surface. The thought was far from comforting.

He nodded towards the science officer that had just came in with another flesh wound and stated, "I'll be with you in a moment sir," and examined his instrumentation once more before briskly walking over to the new guest. "No," he said in as friendly a voice as he could manage, "lets take a look at you." 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:41 pm ]

"I'm already on the way Doctor. I'll keep you posted, Larson out"
He was really almost to the turbolift. He had somehow known the doctor would put the ball in his court, and had started to repack his medkit while talking to O'mannin.
"Deck Four' He said with confidence. His short but productive run in the mess hall had done wonders for his self esteem. He just hoped Lt. Urban was'nt bleeding or disfigured in some way. He had seen enough blood today.

He exitted the lift to find a small crowd of uniformed onlookers, and one older civilian he did not know.
"Back off everyone!! Give him some air!!" He shouted with authority
"I sound like an old pro" He thought to himself "Better dial it back a notch"
The crowd parted. As he knelt down and pasted the tricorder over his newest paitent, he said with a calmer tone, "What happened here"
"I don't know" a female voice said from above"He just went crazy knocking people over, then collapsed"
Larson loaded the hyperspay and gave Lt. Urban a nural supressant. The twitching subsided and his breathing seemed to return to normal. He tapped his badge.
"Larson to sickbay. Doctor, Mr. Urban had very elevated synaptic activity that caused some kind of rampage, He is stable now , but still out of it. You should transport him to directly to you. I've done all I can here he needs an expert and a biobed if you can spare one. 

Author:  Tristrim Yates [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:12 pm ]

*...Tristrim had made his way to the mess hall. Before he even entered he could hear the sounds of agony coming from behind the doors. A moment before he opened the doors he took a deep breath to relax his nerves and then pushed the doors open. Behind him was an entourage of NCOs that he had enlisted to help him with the transfer carrying stretchers and anything they could use to carry the wounded out. He began to walk down rows of wounded to make his way to the EMH. On his way down he tripped over the leg of a corps stretched out in his path and when he leaned up to see what it was he tripped on he saw the body of a young officer. A boy no older then he and his face turned pale. He has never seen a dead body before. After a moment he quickly shook it off and regained his composer. He needs to be strong to get the job done. He got to his feet and, more cautiously, made his way the Medical Hologram...*

"EMH, I am Ensign Yates, Assistant Chief ops Officer. I am here to oversee the tranfer of our wounded to the infirmary. I want things to go over as smoothly and as quickly as possible. Now I want you to hel me locate the most critacally wounded and assist in preperations to get them out of this mess."

EMH: "Yes, of course. I will get started immediatly."

*...He let out a sigh and he took in another deep breath and thought to himself, "Come on, Trist. You can do this don't loose your cool. You trained for four years to do this and you cannot let your time to shine go. You need to make your Father proud." He shook his head and tapped his comm badge...*

=A= Ensign Yates to Sick Bay =A=
"This is Ensign Yates, we are prepairing the most critacally wounded here in the mess hall to be transfered to you. Can anyone give me a status report on the availible space and when we can get started. SOme of these people are in need of immediate attention." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:38 am ]

Alan did not know what to do. Lt.Urban had been transported to sickbay, Ensign Yates and the EMH had everyting under control in the mess hall. It amazed him that the EMH could even be in the mess hall, because of the emergency holo-emiters. They were all over the place on Concordia. Starfleet made this upgrade because of the EMH on Voyager who served more effectively by having free run of the ship. Since Moblie emitters were a little impractical, Starfleet came up with the emergency emitter system, that allows the EMH to be summoned almost anywhere shipwide.

He returned to his duty station in the Lab. Sickbay would be far two messy for him to be any help,without becomeing a patient himself. He also had a weird feeling that he was needed back in the Lab. If that feeling turned out to be nothing, maybe he would check in with sickbay. He had already helped O'Maninn out of two tight spots today. A charming third time could be in his cards.

"First things first, check in at the Lab" he thought 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:54 am ]

"Very well," Faraness said; "I'll have a message relayed to Admiral Julian to begin a search as soon as they are capable to do so."

Faraness then looked at the time on her view screen and realised it had been quite a while since she had heard back from the U.S.S Concordia and its mission to save Mr Brackman's Shuttle.

"Mr Karrath can you please get an update for me as to how the U.S.S Concordia is going? They haven't checked in and i would like to think they would have returned by now." 

Author:  Argus [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:00 am ]

Faraness Rangwere wrote:
"Very well," Faraness said; "I'll have a message relayed to Admiral Julian to begin a search as soon as they are capable to do so."

Faraness then looked at the time on her view screen and realised it had been quite a while since she had heard back from the U.S.S Concordia and its mission to save Mr Brackman's Shuttle.

"Mr Karrath can you please get an update for me as to how the U.S.S Concordia is going? They haven't checked in and i would like to think they would have returned by now."

"You havent answered my question, Commander Rangwere. What will be done with me now?. I have fulfilled my purpose, I delivered what I came to deliver. Now what?" Argus asked curiously through his voice emitter.

In Argus's mind his files of his brother came flooding into his CPU and remembered who had his brother. He mentally hoped the Concordia could save his brother program 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:26 pm ]

"There," he offered with a tap on the science officers shoulder.

Daniel had just finished patching up the young Ensign and was sending him on his way leaving him with only the Engineering officer left. He knew that soon he would be hearing from Ensign Larson about the downed chief of security and the doors to his little oasis of healing would soon burst open with those who still needed his care.

For the moment all was silent but that was soon to change as the intercom bust to life and the voice of Larson telling him of his findings. The results were not good. It seemed something had caused a spike in the officer's synaptic activity causing him to go on some sort of rampage and just what he was unsure. There were many things that could; the list was of possible illnesses and trauma flashed before the medical officer's thought and he shook his head again. Nothing seemed to fit. There had been no word that he had been in close contact with the Borg that had boarded their vessel and he was not privy to the goings on of those on the bridge or the incidents that had lead to this most recent episode of violence. Now he was faced with two patients, one with diminished neural activity and the other with increased synaptic and the odds were not in his favor.

"Omannin to Larson," he said tapping his communication badge, "thank you for your assistance, I will have that done at once, O'Mannin out."

He tapped his badge again and this time requested the location-to-location transfer of Latinate Urbane to a biobed. With another patient occupying a bed the remaining number seemed miniscule compared to the need he might face.

Still, he knew he would have to deal with it as soon as his new patient arrived. Others would be coming too from the make shift sickbay in the Mess Hall to fill every available bed and he would somehow deal with each, with the help of the EMH and, if he was lucky, Dr. David.

The fact that David was missing bothered him. For a moment he pondered what might have happened to him but he pressed the thought down as another message, this time from Ensign Yates informed him that the most critical were on there way.

"Thank you Ensign Yates," he said in response tapping his communication badge again, "that would be most helpful."

With a sigh he bent over the still unconscious officer and began his readings, sure enough the Ensign was right but the answer for the security officers condition was still unclear.

Daniel tapped his communications bad once again and for a moment dwelt on the number of time he had needed to use his communications device in such a short time the began to speak, "Ensign O'Mannin to Ensign Larson," I could use your help in Sickbay if you are free, I would like to discuss something about the treatment of a patient with you."

His last words struck him funny, I'm going to ask a science officer for medical advice, the assistant medical officer pondered.

Although that was not exactly true it sure seemed like at and he was sure it would seem that way to Larson. What he was about to confide with the science officer over was how best to implement a treatment that he thought might be helpful for the removal of nanophytes. He hoped, for the patient's sake, his idea would work. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:50 pm ]

"Acknowledged, Doctor, I am still clear to assist the medical staff, but I just stopped by my duty station to check on a few things. I'll will be with you after I file a brief report with enginering, Larson out."He tapped his badge.

"Larson to enginering,I have just read the current section updates from ops, and I think I can buy you some time. We can move sections of the AI to small pockets of bio-circuts throughout the main system, then shut down the relay circuts we used to get each part to its storage area. This will take some of the pressure of off the secondary core, and hopefully keep the main system safe. When its time to transfer the AI off Concordia all you need to do is put the parts back together. I am downloading some rough scematics containing transfer routes to possible storage areas to your command console now. The risk is minamal, but systemwide, if you find your back to the wall it could work. This Brackman guy could help you "slice up the pie" so to speak, and I can help hide it. I know this computer system better than the back of my hand. Larson out." He tapped his badge again

"Larson to sickbay, I'm on my way"

"You wanted action, you got it , buddy" he thought to himself 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:41 pm ]

"Acknowledged, " the medical officer stated tapping his badge again, "thank you for your assistance Ensign."

He looked again at his quickly filling sickbay and wondered how he was to meet all their needs. The Chief of Security was stable but still not responsive and that was troubling. Still, the patient that presented the biggest challenge was the one infected by the borg's little parting presents, the nanophytes.

Daniel tapped his badge again and began a new message, "Ensign O'Mannin to the Emergency Medical Hologram, when your finished in the mess hall I will need you here."

There was a moment of silence and then the reply, "acknowledged doctor," and then the device that had transmitted the message went silent again.

Soon the wounded was pouring in each in need of some special care but nothing the half betazoid was not prepared to deal with. His biggest concern were the two unconscious crew members that lay silently on their biobeds awaiting a medical cure which as yet had not been discovered.

Soon all the beds were taken and others leaned against the wall each in various states of consciousness and with different degrees of pain. There had been many simulations that were designed to prepare young officers for such events but somehow they seemed to fall short when faced with real emergencies.

O'Mannin had often wondered how starships had managed with such limited medical personnel. If it was not for the help of those in other departments they could not function, at least at the levels they were expected to. Larger vessels were blessed with larger staffs while smaller ones were destined to cope with emergencies as best they could. Mess halls and cargo bays could serve as emergency triage center but lack the necessary supplies of a properly equipped Sickbay. Daniel had proposed turning hollow decks into emergency Sick bays but had been rebuffed stating the drain of resources running simulations would have on a possibly already taxed system. Still he had thought about doing so even now and would have if he felt his superiors would not discipline him for it.

The half Betazoid furrowed his brows and he looked more closely at the readings from Lieutenant Urban, "Nanophytes," he blurted not to anyone in particular, "now I have two cases to deal with." 

Author:  Tristrim Yates [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:03 pm ]

*...Yates helped the first wave of wounded into the infirmary personally to ensure they got the proper treatment and appropriate attention first. He also wanted to meet the docotr in charge. The doors opened and he saw a doctor in the sick bay looking over to patiants and just by the look of him you could tell he was focused on something. Tristrim walked over to the doctor ad set his hand on his shoulder and spoke softly...*

"Doctor? I am Tristrim Yates. I have brought the most crtically wounded that are in need of the most attention. The EMH is free to your use now. He has done all he can in the mess. If things get to be overwhelming let me know and I will slow down the pace. Also, I have rounded the off watch and anyone with medical training is up and ready to assist. If supplies begin to run short do not hesitate to tell me. I will not be afraid to break into our emergancy and reserve supplies. Good luck to you Doctor."

*...He gave the young Doctor a nod of confidence and he left the infirmary that was quickly filling with seriously injured people. A few steps out and he heard the screams again and Tristrim became light headed. He leaned up against a wall in the corridor and he began to breath fast. He caght himself in his state and he cloesed his eyes and again he took in deep breaths and released them. "Hold it togather. This is almost over with. You can't give up now." He opened his eyes and began his marcht o the mess...* 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:22 pm ]

"Nanophyites", the doctors said, lots of them."Mr. urban is infected with no Borg contact during the last attack, but this man has clear injection marks, and as you can see by his dermal discoloration, is on the way to being the next Borg worker bee"

"Doctor O'Mannin!! Over here!!", a female medic shouted."I need help closing this head wound"

Larson and O'Mannin turned to see a wounded crewman, sitting in Dr. David's desk chair. Blood ran down face and neck, staining his uniform as the medic fumbled with the settings on the dermal regenerator in her hand.

"You must administer a coagulent to stop all that bleeding, then try the regenerator to close the wound." Larson said.

"Very good, Larson" said O'mannin, but Larson did'nt hear him, because he had hit the deck, unable to steady himself in time, and fight off the fainting spell, brought on by his blood phobia. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:10 pm ]

Urban woke up a few minutes later

"Wh.......Wh.........What happened?" Urban said confused as he tried to get up but his body forced him to go back to laying down as he felt his strength was sapped from his body. 

Author:  tompicard [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm ]

tom picard reporting sir 

Author:  Mimas [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:16 pm ]

Mimas tapped his com, after a disturbing read-out on his screen. All lifesigns of security were monitorred, and something had caused him to call out on his superior...

=^= Elfeneye to Urban, sir. Is everything allright? Your lifesigns showed a sudden change just a minute ago. What happened? Where are you? =^=

Mimas could not shake the feeling something was going on, and no one was noticing it, because it hid behind the activities of transporting the injured, repairing systems, ...

We will be arriving at starbase 384, he thought. We should be contacting them soon, so they can prepare themselves... for whatever is going on here.... 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:31 pm ]

Daniel looked down at the science officer and chuckled, "bit shy of blood are we?" He took hold of the science officers arm and helped him back to his feet and then into the science lab where he could set Larson down.

"Quick the doctor barked to a young female officer, "could you please get me a glass of water for the Ensign." Then he turned attention back to his comrade, "you rest here and try not to look out the window into sickbay."

Soon the requested liquid arrived and he handed the glass that held it to Larson, "drink this, not to fast, it should help."

Then he heard the voice of the Chief of security as he regained consciousness. He looked at Larson with a sly smile, "I'll be right back after I have a chat with the Lieutenant, you just sit there for a bit."

Turning his attention back to the security officer he smiled, "Well Lieutenant Urban your in Sickbay, we can't have the chief of Security throwing crew members around can we?" He chuckled lightheartedly and continued, "Somehow those Borgs got there pesky Nanophytes in you and you started acting a bit out of character, at least that's the story I am getting sir."

Humor was one way the young doctor had found to cover for his stress. He found it lightened the atmosphere and sometimes alleviated the worries of those he cared for. The ancient human proverb, "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine," seemed to apply here and he was going to use it liberally, that is, unless someone objected.

He checked the biobed's consol readings and made a slight adjustment to his synaptic dampener, "there," he said again, "You're the second officer with parting gifts from our unwanted guests and your going to have to stay here for while until were sure your not going to suddenly turn into a drone." "I can't figure out how you got them," he went on, this time a bit more seriously, "I haven't a clue how you got yours, no injection marks or lacerations as a point of entry, any ideas sir?"

Another voice pricked his ears and he looked over to see a face he had not expected, that of a hemsmen. It was not often that the bridge crew voluntarily came to his corner of the ship and his presence signified that perhaps something more serious was amiss than what he knew about.

"Certainly Mr. Picard," O'Mannin said trying to hide his surprised expression, "check in with Ensign Raggard," he offered gesturing to a tall redheaded man not far from them, "he can get you started." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:45 pm ]

omannin wrote:
Turning his attention back to the security officer he smiled, "Well Lieutenant Urban your in Sickbay, we can't have the chief of Security throwing crew members around can we?" He chuckled lightheartedly and continued, "Somehow those Borgs got there pesky Nanophytes in you and you started acting a bit out of character, at least that's the story I am getting sir."

Humor was one way the young doctor had found to cover for his stress. He found it lightened the atmosphere and sometimes alleviated the worries of those he cared for. The ancient human proverb, "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine," seemed to apply here and he was going to use it liberally, that is, unless someone objected.

He checked the biobed's consol readings and made a slight adjustment to his synaptic dampener, "there," he said again, "You're the second officer with parting gifts from our unwanted guests and your going to have to stay here for while until were sure your not going to suddenly turn into a drone. " "I can't figure out how you got them," he went on, this time a bit more seriously, "I haven't a clue how you got yours, no injection marks or lacerations as a point of entry, any ideas sir?"

"It was along time ago, I was a test subject for the use of Nanites, they used the nanites to control me with. Forcing me to do some things that.......Lets just say still give me nightmares. I couldnt stop what I was doing, I witnessed it all and couldnt do anything to stop it. I was soon rescued by the marine corp when they raided the lab I was at. The nanites went dormant since they werent being given orders by anyone. They werent taken out either. Something must have triggered the activation of the nanites." Urban said shedding tears, despite his young age, he was still emotional when he had to relive those moments.

"Mind keeping this between us, Doctor?" Urban said hopefully. 

Author:  Mimas [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:37 pm ]

US CONCORDIA
BRIDGE

Since Mimas did not get a straight answer, he directed his call:

=^= Bridge to sickbay, report please. Is there any sign of lt Urban...? His lifesigns showed sudden abnormal changes a few minutes ago... What's going on?=^=

Heads on the bridge turned towards him, he had not been able to hide his concern... His senses picked up emotions which he could only describe as ... hesitation... maybe fear...

... ooh, if only l could find some time to clear my mind for a moment, to sense where this is comming from.......

Mimas knew how it feels to be covered in emotions which were not his own... He had spend most of his life in a community where emotions are shared through mind... It was a feeling you got used to, when living on betazed.
But here, on a spaceship, picking up emotions without him probing for them, was rather unusual... and therefor adding to the suspision something was going on.... Something possibly threatening....

And where was Brackman? he thought with a shock?

"Computer, locate dr Brackman!" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:42 pm ]

=^= "Im alive Mimas, Just had some medical issues to fix up. Your in charge of tactical till the doctor releases me." =^= Urban said after tapping his combadge. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:14 am ]

"Well your a sentiant being Mr Argus. You can do whatever you what to do. Within Reason of course." 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:31 am ]

"Yes, Captain." Saul replied, before nodding sharply, and turning to leave the office.

He used the time moving between the Captain's office and Ops to further calm himself down, and place a façade up around his personality - good enough to prevent anyone from thinking that anything had gone wrong.

"Lieutenant Ryan!" he called as he entered the Ops room, taking the authoritative stance from the offset. "Activate our long-range communications, and get me in contact with the USS Concordia." he ordered, moving to stand around the upper rail, which only further lent to his authoritative position. It wasn't that he wanted to intimidate the personnel working there, he just needed them to know that he needed the task performed quickly and efficiently, as if it was the Captain standing where he was. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:06 am ]

Medical Lab USS Concordia
Larson sat at the console in the Medical Lab, turned away from the sickbay window, and sipped his water.
"I can't believe I lost it" he thought "I was suppose to help the unconcious patients, but I became one instead!"
His back to the window, put his face to the command console.

"So this is what the doctor wanted my help with.", he said to himself.
"This is great, the problem the doctor wants my help with deals directly with blood, how ironic!!" 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Argus [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:00 am ]

Faraness Rangwere wrote:
"Well your a sentiant being Mr Argus. You can do whatever you what to do. Within Reason of course."

"Hmmm, very well. Ill leave you to your business then." Argus said trotting off and as he got to the door he turned his head to face Rangwere.

"If you need any help with anything let me know. I can be a great asset if allowed to be." Argus added before leaving the office.

Argus decided to not pressure Karrath anymore with the recent revelations of his father any further and decided to leave Ops heading down to the Pub where some of the action may be. Entering the pub minutes later he trotted around gazing at all the people and eyeing a few ferengi he didnt trust all to well. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:27 am ]

Shuttlebay Corridor, U.S.S. Concordia

By now, most of the crowd has dispersed as Brackman watched from the shuttlebay doors, either leaving for the sickbay or for their duties. Urban's rather unusual behavior was nagging at Brackman, though he had no clue why. Brackman tried to put it aside and turned back to the shuttlebay doors. He assumed the shuttle had arrived by now, as he had heard the slight humming of the warp engines growing louder a few minutes ago.

Brackman considered overriding Urban's lockout, but decided not to, as it seemed unfair to undermine his authority in his current condition. He glanced back at Urban, who was still lying on the floor, before facing the shuttlebay doors again. He pondered on his next action as he waited for either Urban to be treated or for someone else to arrive and take Brackman in. 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:26 pm ]

As he pondered his response to the request by the Lieutenant for his silence the communication badge system gave a request to know whether Urban was there. He smiled and motioned for the chief of security to go ahead and answer.

The Betazoid knew what it was like trying to keep a secret. He tried, often unsuccessfully, to keep his illiteracy a secret but it was nearly impossible. He also did not advertise that he was a Batazoid for the simple reason it made people uncomfortable thinking he was reading their minds all the time. But the Lieutenant's hidden past could come to bight both him and his comrades if not faced properly and he the choice was dificalt to make for the medical officer but he finally did.

"You might as well tell him your going to be here a while," Daniel said, "I would like you to stay twenty four hours for observation sir... after all... if we want this to look like something new than we have to play the waiting game don't we?"

The young medical officer offered a sly smile, "you can either do it voluntarily and I'll let you up and around to help... or I can just make you an unwilling guest."

Being a medical office and acting as the head in the absence of Dr. David he had the authority to make him stay but he would rather let it be his choice.

"As for this remaining our little secret... I would like a mention of the incident in your medical files, nothing much just a statement that they were already present, no real details but other than that your secret is safe."

He paused for a moment then began to speak again, "It is up to you but I would think it advisable to consider letting Commander Ian Shepard in on this, it might keep you out of a but of hot water."

Daniel started to return to the lab and get started on what could prove to be a long an arduous task getting rid of the still unconscious Ensigns infestation but then decided add one more thing, "Your free to move around though,"O'Mannin offered, "just stay in sick bay, could even see if there is something you could do, just want to keep an eye on you that is all, sir." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:24 am ]

Larson went over the Doctors plan to replace the blood in the wounded crewman's system with synthetic blood. The theory being that the nanophytes cling to the iron in the blood stream. No iron equals no nasty nanophyties. He reviewed the rest of the Doctor's plan while he regained his composure. The plan was very detailed considering the Doctor dictated it to the computer while still attending to the wounded. How someone could do two things at once like this was not beyond him. Alan himself often entered data and calcualtions into his console, while explaining what he was doing to someone else in the lab, and thinking about what to replicate for dinner.

"I think I'm okay Doc", he said as he approched O'Mannin and Lt. Urban,"And I cant only see one problem with your plan. If the nanophytes have started to build implants inside our friend here;" He said, pointing his thumb over his shoulder at the infested crewman"We may not be able to get rid of them without very invasive surgury, or maybe some sort or radiation therapy to knock them out." He paused while the Doctor pondered his words.

"At the very least, I think I am okay to help you here until I'm needed in the Science Lab, or The Bridge calls me about assisting engineering with a computer problem that could get out of hand." 

Author:  omannin [ Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:32 pm ]

O'Mannin looked over at Ensign Larson, "Excellent observation Mr. Larson," he lowered his voice slightly and leaned towards him, "I typically don't discuss treatment options in front of patients."

The medical officer gave a slight smile to reassure the science officer everything was all right, "I'll be with you in a moment," he said, "want to check in with the Captain."

Nodding , he tapped his communications badge, "Ensign O'Mannin to Captain Shepard Reporting 11 crewmembers in Sickbay, four others in critical condition and two responding positive to nanophytes. I will send you a complete report as soon as soon as I can." He paused for only a moment before continuing, "I would like to request permission to check everyone onboard for nanophytes, at least all the crew members. "

He didn't want any surprises. At this point Sickbay was running well, even without Doctor David, a fact that brought a smile to his smooth shaven face. He honestly wanted to do an exceptional job, anything less might give those that had opposed his enlistment ammunition to secure his removal and he was positive he did not want that. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:41 am ]

Commander Shepard - Ready Room

Shepard listened as the medical officer gave him a report. "Thank you, Ensign. I'm glad to know that I've got such a competent medical staff looking over me and the rest of my crew." As the communication closed, Shepard smiled. He knew that the medical officer might see it as an obligatory compliment, but the truth was that he believed every word, and he knew that every crew needed a little bit of encouragement, especially the younger junior officers, most of whom were eager to make an impression.

"Bridge to Commander Shepard," came a message from the helm. "We're closing on Vernemeton Station, sir. We'll be dropping out of warp in about two minutes." Ian tapped his commbadge to respond. "Thank you, bridge. I'll be there momentarily. Shepard out."

Shepard got up from his chair, rounded his desk, and headed out the door to the bridge. He took the seat that Alyssa had just vacated, and within only a few moments, the streaks of distant stars slowed to pinpoints, and the image of Vernemeton Station was visible, with it's six identical saucers stacked in threes. The commander tapped his commbadge. "Shepard to Dr. Brackman," he said, "we've arrived at Vernemeton Station. Are both your shuttle and the QAI ready for transfer to the starbase?" 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:56 am ]

Admiral Will Karelia - Vernemeton Station Commerce District, Deck 38B

Will stepped up to a railing overlooking several shops in the merchant's section of the station, admiring the already bustling amount of activity on the station. Numerous people from various races, both Alpha and Delta Quadrant in origin, comprised the promenade's patronage. Some were members of various Federation races, some were traders from the Delta Alliance, and others were visitors from nearby Delta Quadrant territories.

He made his way to the lower level of this particular section of the Commerce District, which occupied one full saucer of the station's six independent saucer areas, dubbed "districts" by the station's staff. Will stopped when he noticed a particularly "human" tavern on the far side of the current promenade. He moved toward the door to investigate, not yet having found a sufficient establishment to replace the Celtic Corner as his place of patronage.

Karelia stepped inside to find the place quite to his liking already. It seemed to be reminiscent of Earth in the middle of the 20th century, which happened to be one of his favorite periods of human history in regards to culture. Unfortunately, the bar didn't appear to have very many patrons yet, something Will hoped changed soon. He found the proprietor behind the bar polishing a nearly immaculate glass, not having noticed him yet. Karelia was glad that he happened to be in his civilian clothing; he hated being saluted as an admiral while off-duty. "Nice place you've got here," he said, getting the owner's attention. "I like the automotive look. Name's Will." 

Author:  Argus [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:14 am ]

Upon seeing the Admiral entering, Argus immediately resorting back to his friendly manner came and made as if to rush the Admiral but instead he reeled up on his hind legs placing his fore paws on the Admirals Waist. Heavy breathing noises came from him 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:19 am ]

USS Concordia - Deck 4

Urban was asleep for quite awhile till he decided to move and get up but was pushed down by one of the nurses. She took out a medical tricorder to look over Urban's health. She left to tend to the others and Urban was left alone

"HEY!, DOC!. Mind if I leave now?" Urban called out. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:43 am ]

Even though the slight movement under his feet was almost undetectable, Alan still felt it, and knew what it ment. Concordia had dropped out of warp. That ment Vernemeton Station was close. The transfer of the AI would soon take place. As much as the Doctors problem was one he wanted to help solve, sickbay was'nt going to be unbusy enough anytime soon for O'Mannin to focus all of his efforts on the poor discolored crewman. He felt certain the Doctor could cut loose him for a few minutes. He had Lt. Urban and Mr. Picard to help, and could always call him on the com if things got out of control again. He did'nt want to miss the transfer. It was a rare opportunity to witness such a unique AI get passed around like a hot potato. Even if he did not take part directly, he still wanted to monitor the activity as it happened from his command console in the Science Lab.

"Doctor", he said "I can stay here and help you if you want, but we just dropped out of warp, and are close to spacedock. Which means I should check in at my duty station for a few moments, to see if I need to help with the computer problem I mentioned earlier. If everything is ok in the Science Lab, I'll be back shortly. If not,I'll let you know, and we can work on your problem as soon as I am able and cleared by the brass. Please do not think twice about calling me if you need anything at all" 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Mimas [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:54 am ]

Mimas watched as the stars fell back in place. U.S. Concordia had arrived at its destination.
Protocol demanded Concordia to hail the starbase prior to docking...
but this time, Mimas thought, they should put up a quarantine zone.

He looked up to see Sheppard entering the bridge.

"Captain, we should inform starbase of our situation, we cannot just dock there with nanophytes on the loose... We would risk the entire station to be contaminated..."

"Do your job, Mimas." the captain replied.

"aye aye, sir"

Mimas send out an anouncement:

=^= Your attention please, this is the bridge, all personel should report to sickbay for a check-up immediately. l repeat, all personel should report to sickbay for check-up...=^=

Next he hailed the Starbase:

=^= USS Concordia for Starbase 384, Reporting in. We have a medical situation here, we advise you to put up a Quarantine zone lvl 3 arround the docking array. Please have a medical team stand by. l repeat, this is USS Concordia for Starbase 384, we have a lvl 3 medical situation here, take the necesarry precautions. Concordia out =^= 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:58 pm ]

Sickbay USS Concordia
Five seconds after Larson asked to leave, The Bridge announced a shipwide medical inspection. He just shrugged his shoulders and said"I guess I'm not going anywhere huh, Doc." Undoubtedly O'mannin had use for every officer with a medical tricorder. Screening every crewman on Concordia would be no small task.

"I bet they quarantined us as well"He thought."Can't let the Borg's little friends loose on the spacestation."This ment the transfer process for the AI from ship to space dock may be delaied also."I won't be much help if I am stuck here" The quarantine ment that his back up plan to prolong the AI's storage time on board may have to be implemented. "I guess I can assist Lt.Dwight over the com system. if he needs my help" 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:29 pm ]

Main Engineering, U.S.S. Concordia

Brackman had waited outside the shuttlebay doors for several more minutes before realizing Urban was either unconscious or asleep. He had headed to the mess hall for a quick meal before heading back to Engineering to monitor the secondary computer core's situation.

Upon hearing both Shepard's and Mimas's message, Brackman hurried to the bridge, as he did not have a combadge, nor did he had the time to reconfigure his wrist device to communicate with Starfleet channels.

When he arrived, he said, "Captain, we don't have the time to implement the quarantine procedures. The secondary computer core only has half an hour at best and the quarantine will very likely last much longer than that. I can assure you Borg nanoprobes will not spread from person to person, so quarantine would be pointless and a complete waste of time. The Federation had enough encounters with the Borg to determine that. So unless you want the shuttle to remain here for a while, quarantine will have to wait." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:14 am ]

He set up shop in the hallway with a few other science/medical officers. The point was to keep O'Mannin free to deal with the non-infected but critical patients in Sickbay, while the other officers out side the medical bay cleared staff for return to duty quickly, and efficently, without even seeing Dr. O'Mannin or stepping foot into Sickbay.

He passed then small round hand scanner past crewman after crewman, and nodded to each as clear data flowed to the display unit in his other hand time and time again. His mind however was elsewhere.

"What if we are not able to split up the AI for some reason?"

"What if we do split it up, and the parts degenerate, and we can't restore it?"

"What if it invades the primary system somehow, and decides it likes a starship better than a cramped old shuttle?"

"I mean come on, it's an AI!! It's creator has some influnce over it, but what makes it an AI is its ability to do what ever it wants!!?"

Alan worried about all the things, and countless other senarios as well, inside the confinds of his mind. He also went over the storage locations, and circut pathways he intended to suggest if Concordia had to put up with its unexpected and difficult guest much longer. He also did the math in his head. Calculating how long it will take to finish the scans of the crew. How much time the secondary core had before it melted down. How many minutes would go by before someone figured out he could help out in some other way than scaning the crew for something he knew was not there. Sometimes the multitasking thing was more of a curse than a blessing. The math NEVER stopped inside his head. It kept him awake sometimes. Right now the math was making him angry that he was'nt in the Science Lab, or in Engineering.

"Damn this protocol bussiness!" he said outloud.

"You got that right!!" the crewman he was scanning said, not knowing Larson was not speaking to him directly."I was just getting ready for a whole hour on the holodeck when all hell broke loose!! I hope things are back to normal soon. I promised a guy a date with my sister for the extra time!!" 

Author:  Mimas [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:32 pm ]

USS CONCORDIA
BRIDGE

"All due respect, captain, doctor. l will make sure that you are the first to be checked, and if cleared, l'm sure that wont take half an hour, you have plenty of time. But to be honest, l'm more worried about possible nanophyte infections in our software, and systems, then l am of ppl having nanophytes.... If we somehow caught a virus, be it biological or technical, l would not want to risk the starbase's systems as well...

We have been attacked by Borg, they are known to leave their devices behind, and as this ship has suffered severely during the attack, we probably would be safer if Concordia and Starbase do not fully connect..."

Mimas felt as if he had been slapped on the hands by the remark of Dr.Brackman, his voice however, reveiled only his genuine concern of Starbase personel and systems. He tried very hard to not slip out some of his suspisions, ... He wished at this point that his telepathic nature would finally come to a rest. The fear and doubts he encountered worked as a pointing finger

you did all this, you generated the anxiety, you made the announcement; he blamed to himself.

But that was only a partial truth.... There were others on this ship, that were as worried as he was... even without his announcement....

And in the midst of this avalange of emotions, there was one abnormallity....
Brackman still neither showed nor emmitted any emotions...

That fact, just as before, seemed too big a paradox, to be a coincidence... 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:58 pm ]

((Proper term is 'Nanites' Not 'Nanophytes'))

Concordia

"Doc, can I leave yet." Urban said as he sat up. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:34 pm ]

((OOC: I thought the term was nanoprobes - or is that only the delivery system for the nanites? It was never really clear to me if there even was a difference.))

Bridge, U.S.S. Concordia

"While your concern for the safety of others is admirable, Ensign, unless the Borg have recently made their nanoprobes airborne or knew we were coming soon enough to plant a device that could infect the ship's systems, there is no risk to speak of. There is no reason or time for quarantines. If there were problems, we should have seen them by now," Brackman replied. He wanted to have his shuttle restored to full operation without delay and the constant obstacles were slowing his plans down. 

Author:  omannin [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:34 am ]

They medical officer listened eagerly to his captain's reply. He was relieved and pleased at what he heard but still needed to hear as to whether he was free to begin the check of the crewmembers. This, if accepted, would be a long arduous task and he himself had no time for it. With nanites running ramped in at least one crewmember and the other with ones that laid dormant and then activated for a yet unknown reason was not all that he had to deal with. There were others needing critical care and wounded still not ready to return to active duty. Such stressors could be more than a bit overwhelming. Fortunately this was not Daniel's first attempt at keeping his cool under pressure. Training exercises and his previous postings had given him a bit of hardening to such situations and the experience showed in his demeanor and confidence.

The doctor smiled at Urban's request to get up, "sure, if you feel up to it," he replied with a chuckle, "just behave yourself sir."

Daniel was about to let Larson go with a word of appreciation for his help but then the message for all crew members to report to Sickbay was announced and his plans changed, "Well I would let you but I think your going to be here for while."

A Level 3 ship wide quarantine more than answered his question about whether he could inspect the crew for unwanted invaders. He smiled broadly and nodded his head with satisfaction. Now the crew would come to him, eager if not willing, to be examined before disembarking and presenting further problems elsewhere.

The thought of how he was going to treat the Engineering officer's unwanted pests was still clear on his mind as he gave orders to line the crew members up and have them enter in an orderly file to receive the quick once over he intended.

Now that his plan, at least in part, was about to come become a reality he began setting in place the necessary quarantine force fields around the patient and withdrew a unit of blood to be centrifuged so he would have his white blood cells to boost his immunity once the radiation and artificial blood had done there work.

Radiation of any kind was always a tricky thing. Too much and you would fry your patient and leave them permanently injured or worse dead. Give them too little and you stood the risk of not accomplishing the job you set out to do and still lower the patients immunity so they could be in a worse situating than they started.

"The worry isn't the nanites as much as it is the timing facor," the doctor responded to Larson's statement about letting the bourgs 'little friends' getting on the space station, "it's not like catching the common cold, they have to have a way to get into your blood stream, injected or through an open wound." He tilted his head and continued, "what does concern me is how unpredictable a person with them in can respond to them and also the sooner treatment begins the better." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:29 am ]

"Good." Urban said getting up. "I know, light work." Urban said before walking off to the bridge.

"Mimas, whats the status?" Urban asked wearily. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:46 am ]

Deck five, turbolift doors
Larson watched another load of staff file out of the turbolift."Form three lines please, and keep it moving" one of the medics said. "All you need to do is file past. If you are in need of further treatment we will direct you to Sickbay."

"Computer, how many crewmen are left to examine?" Alan asked
*BEEP BE BOOP*
"Seventy-Seven"*BEEP BE BOOP*"Seventy-six" the computer answered, and then immedately corrected itself. Before another correction could chime through Larson asked another question,"Computer, have any Bridge officers been scanned for nannites?"
"Negitive.", the computer answered.
Alan tapped his badge.
"Larson to Sickbay. It's time for another house call. No one from The Bridge is going to come down here, they are way to busy, so I am going up there to hand out some quick scans, and check on the computer situation. Your staff will be done here shortly, and I am guessing you are a little to busy to go upstairs. Just call if you if you need. Larson out' 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Mimas [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:49 pm ]

=^=mimas here, sir, we have arrived at starbase 385; a sickbay reported nanite-infections (or nanophytes, or whatever they are called), We still are repairing damage from the borg attack, and there are still powercore fluctuations, though not as high as just after the attack; these are probably caused by the modifications made to the second core. All these facts, plus an overload of emotions to which l am very sensitive, made me request a lvl 3 quarantine procedure..."

Mimas was relieved to hear his direct superior....
"... oh, and dr Brackman is here, on the bridge... contesting my call." he added with tone of suprise...

although he could have had clearance allready, if he had rushed to sickbay instead of to the bridge.... mimas' mind continued;

Him and his AI could probably allready have been transported to the Starbase.... l'm not the one wasting time here, he is

"sir, if you are on your way to the bridge, ask a doctor to join you, so that us up here can be examined as well... mimas out =^= 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:40 pm ]

Bridge, U.S.S. Concordia

Brackman had the faintest urge to roll his eyes at Mimas's report to Urban.

"Even if everyone is scanned, Ensign, I believe Starfleet quarantine procedures mandate that nothing leaves the contaminated area, nor arrives without wearing the proper protective equipment, until there is confirmation that either the foreign pathogen is eliminated or contained. That means that even if everyone is scanned cell by cell, we can't leave until there is an all-clear, which we won't have for at least a day, if we're lucky or I'm severely mistaken. Not to mention the fact that the starbase won't accept either the shuttle or QAI for the time the quarantine is in place."

Turning to the recently arrived Urban, Brackman said, "So, Lieutenant, what are your thoughts? Going to enforce the quarantine with phasers or help me convince the captain here to overrule it?" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:32 am ]

Urban felt like he was suddenly put in the spot light, after hearing Mimas's report and Brackman's side, Urban thought for a moment before answering.

"Brackman, Mimas and I are in charge of ship security, that entails security from all threats both technological and biological. So I am going to have to enforce it. I am sure that we wouldnt want any stray nanoprobes infect the station in anyway, now would we?. Unless thats your intent, doctor?. Your AI should be fine for atleast a day. Dwight and you can make sure your AI isnt infected by any of the nanoprobes, once thats done it can be transfered to the station." Urban said making the call.

"I trust Mimas's judgement more then I trust yours Doctor. Its better to be safe then sorry later because we didnt do OUR jobs thoroughly." Urban added, as he grabbed onto his console to regain his composure feeling a little bit weakened. 

Author:  Naquv [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:41 am ]

(OOC:so sorry, went camping and then had computer problems)

Naquv, after getting minimal docking clearance, docked the ship in the abscence of the helmsman. Upon hearing Ensign O'mannin was coming up to the bridge, he began new scans of the core. "Without further adjustments, the core will shut down in twenty one minutes." he stated after a pause in the ensuing conversation. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:40 am ]

Turbolift
Larson went over what he was going to do in his head. He took some deep breaths. He knew he would'nt see any blood, but he still wanted to focus. He was going to be in a room full important people soon. He did'nt want to say, or do anything stupid.
"I'm just going to say that Dr. O'Mannin sent me, and that this won't take long" he thought to himself. "I'm also going to look for an opening to express my concern about the computer"

He made sure everything was in order with his tricorder as the turbolift slowed to a stop. "Here we go again" he said to the turbolift doors.... 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:26 am ]

(OFF: It's "nanoprobes".)

Ian spoke both to Ensign Elfeneye on the bridge, and Lieutenant Urban over the comm. "I appreciate your vigilance, gentlemen, but we don't have a day. This AI is going to overload the computer core in twenty minutes, and we'll lose both the AI and an expensive processor unit. Considering that we've never seen airborne nanoprobes before, there's no reason to believe that we would now... especially on a small Sphere on patrol. Lift the quarantine, and get the QAI to a proper storage unit. We can continue the scans in the meantime." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:34 am ]

Bridge USS Concordia
Alan entered The Bridge just in time to hear Commander Shepard lift the Quarantine and order the transfer. He spoke up after the com went silent.
"Dr. O'Mannin sent me to pass out a few quick scans , this won't take long. Lt. Urban you are off the hook, having just left sickbay"

"After I'm done here I guess I should return to my duty station in the Science Lab to help moniter the computer system during the transfer" He said to Commander Reid as he passed the scanner over the of head Ensign Naquv... 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:24 am ]

((OFF: Sorry Jack, going to have to just god-mod you to keep our side of the story going ))

As the Lieutenant's hands played over his consoles, the hailing frequency opened, allowing Saul to send his request for contact.

=/\=Starbase 384 to the USS Concordia. Please respond.=/\= 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:55 am ]

Urban continued to dislike the Commander as he kept making irrational choices in terms of security despite the fact it wasnt his area of expertise.

"Very well, then I suggest we do the exact same thing on the station, that we did here. Seperate the AI from the rest of the station's system's to prevent any infections from the AI to the Station if any exist." Urban stated as he continued to hold in his dislike for the Captain. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:38 am ]

Bridge, U.S.S. Concordia

Brackman said to Urban, "I don't believe that will be necessary, Lieutenant. Once the shuttle no longer requires to be moved, QAI can transfer himself back to the shuttle and repairs can begin without any further delay. As long as the shuttle isn't moved until repairs are complete, the risk of destablization is minimal. And since the shuttle will be isolated anyway, there should be no difficulties with security.

Turning to Shepard, Brackman said, "Aside from the moving of the shuttle and QAI's transfer, I believe the only question now is where the repair parts will come from. If we have access to an industrial-grade replicator, that would be of great help, though seeing as this isn't a starship construction facility, I have doubts of one being here." 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Mimas [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:34 am ]

"sir", Mimas turned to the captain, "Starbase 384 is hailing us. l'll put it on the main screan?"

His hand hovered above the button to activate the screen.

His thoughts however, were actively searching...

-Who is talking about airborn nanoprobes...? The reports stated some pple showed borgmarks, and borgmarks are quite easy to spot... A complete fysical checkup though the ship to search for alian devices however, would take weeks,that's without doubt, but if we don't do it, and there is a device, we're screwed....-
He clearly remembered he had asked out loud how the Borg knew where to find us...
He also remembered not getting any answer to that question....
-in my opinion, the borg collective uses spheres for recon, but also for special ops.... So, the question is, what have we encoutered? Some scouts? Or a unit on a mission...- 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:15 pm ]

"Good," the medical officer said on hearing Larson's request.

Nanoprobes were risky business once inside a person. They could do all sorts of things, not the least alters their personality and emotions. His own emotions were getting frazzled. He continued to work on setting up the force fields, listening to the responses' the computer gave to his inquiries and then questioning again his own to be adequate protection from the radiation that would be needed for treatment.

It was then his thoughts turned to Lieutenant Urban and his dormant nanoprobes just waiting to raise their ugly heads and send to Chief of Security into another rampage. Daniel had promised to keep his infection a secret, at least to an extent but some reason would have to be given for his stay in sickbay and he was at a loss for excuses that would keep them both out of hot water.

"Ensign O'Mannin to Lieutenant Urban," he began tapping his communication badge, "I would like to see you in sick bay when you get a chance, nothing urgent, O'Mannin out."

There, he thought, I will just talk to him about this and I can get back to what I need to do.

The ensign sighed and waved in frustration at the console and began examining Ensign Broderick, the infected crewmember. He was till pail although the loss of blood had been stopped. The neural stimulator had not brought about much change in his brain waves and the young doctor was getting more concerned by the moment. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:05 pm ]

Urban went to his console and sent a text Mimas's console

Code:
Mimas, do a ship wide scan looking for any borg signatures no matter how faint.  We cant let others dictates our duties.  So I want you to do the scans and keep a close eye out for anything unusual.

Urban moved out of his station as he heard the Doctors call over the Comm.

"You have Tactical Mimas." Urban said leaving the bridge and headed for sickbay.

A few minutes later Urban entered sickbay and looked around seeing the crew being checked out. Then he saw the Doctor hovering over a patient and walked up to him.

"You needed something, Doctor?" Urban said casually. 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:32 pm ]

"Yes," Ensign O'Mannin said in response to the security officers question, "I wanted to know if you had given any thought to what we had talked about earlier," he paused as if for emphasis then continued, "about having a little talk with the Captain?"

"It would make my work easier," he continued with his head down slightly, "if I didn't have to make up an excuse for holding you here in sickbay and it might make your life a little easier."

He motioned for the Lieutenant to take a seat at the doctors desk and then sat on he edge just across form him, "what do you know about me and my history Lieutenant sir, anything in particular leap out at you?"

His dark eyes danced and the ensign's face bore a slight knowing smile as he awaited the officer reply. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:35 pm ]

Ian pondered for a moment, trying to recall the capabilities of Starbase 384. "I can't recall if the station has an industrial replicator, but with the null-space catapult, Earth might as well be a short hop away. You could even be at Utopia Planitia within the hour, if necessary. We could either drop you off at Sol, or if you'd rather wait on the station, we can have Starfleet load a few parts on the next transport."

Suddenly, he was interrupted when the tactical officer informed him of an incoming hail. "On screen," Shepard replied. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:47 am ]

omannin wrote:
"Yes," Ensign O'Mannin said in response to the security officers question, "I wanted to know if you had given any thought to what we had talked about earlier," he paused as if for emphasis then continued, "about having a little talk with the Captain?"

"It would make my work easier," he continued with his head down slightly, "if I didn't have to make up an excuse for holding you here in sickbay and it might make your life a little easier."

He motioned for the Lieutenant to take a seat at the doctors desk and then sat on he edge just across form him, "what do you know about me and my history Lieutenant sir, anything in particular leap out at you?"

His dark eyes danced and the ensign's face bore a slight knowing smile as he awaited the officer reply.

Concordia - Sickbay, Doctors office

"Im not sure the Captain can be trusted at the moment. I feel his judgement has been compromised with his eagerness to assist Gustaf and him completely ignoring security protocol's of his officers." Urban told O'Mannin.

"As for what we talked about, I dont know. The nano probes that were injected into me by those blasted people only seem to have activated when in proximity of the Borg, but at the same time I cant do my job effectively if we confront the borg again. How long would it take you to replace my infected blood?" Urban asked curiously.

"Aside from my security check of you, nothing." Urban added. 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:51 pm ]

Paranoia, the medical officer thought, could the Captain really be ignoring security protocols?

The thought was more than a bit alarming. I those in charge were not following proper guidelines for the protection of the crew than perhaps there was more here than he knew about.

Daniel hand known that there was something amiss on the ship but he had written it off the Borgs attack on their vessel, not to a failure in leadership. Still the man sharing this information was infected with nanites, nanites that were from a source other than the Borg boarding party and they had caused him to act irrationally before.

His forehead furrowed as he listened to Urban but he waited to speak until he was finished, "I see, than perhaps this isn't a good time to be letting the Captain in on your little secrets. "

"I also see you heard Ensign Larson and myself discussing treatment options for the crewmember recently infected with nanites," he added, "His condition is considerably worse than yours Lieutenant so I won't be giving you the same treatment, we can discuss that later."

The Ensign tilted his head, "so, you have read my personnel file and found noting of interest...," he paused for a moment still puzzled by the security chiefs words."

"Computer," Daniel began, "please retrieve my Service Record files to Doctor David's com."

"Achnoleged," came the automated female voice as the words and images flickered to life on the com panel.

"I am flattered sir that you that I cleared your security check," he said, "but if you don't mind please take another look you might find some things that will raise an eyebrow or two," he chuckled when he said the last part, "at least one admiral and several other officers have considered me to be a security risk and unfit to be an officer."

He stood with that and nodded towards Urban, "I need to get back out there and take care of my patients sirs, but when you are finished I would appreciate it if you would find me, sir."

Daniel knew, although he could not read it, that the file contained every attempt he had made to join the fleet and every reason given for their refusal. It showed his mixed heritage and that half of it was yet unknown. The record showed the hormone imbalances that had caused others to decide before they had even met him that he was unfit for duty. He knew that it stated quite clearly that he could not read a single word and relied heavily on his personal medical tricorder for assistance. The record also showed that he was awarded the Starfleet Commendation Medal and then less than a month later was forcer to surrender it because of questions raised by a member of admiralty. The medical officer knew all this was present and he hoped that it might convince the Lieutenant that it might not be a bad idea to let at least a few people in on his secret. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:47 pm ]

Urban looked at O'mannin, noticing his body language of disbelief

"I know these nanites in my system may be altering my own judgement, but if they were, I would have relieved myself of duty. I dont make these accusations lightly towards the Captain but I do strongly believe he has either had some radiation effecting his judgement or Gustaf doing something to the Captain forcing him against his own will to side with the Scientist, the very same scientist who can do anything he wants too without anyone really giving a second look. But then again, Scientists can either be responsible for mass genocide or attacking a single person with technological advancements from his own timeline that we know nothing about. So I would feel much safer if you gave him a full medical shakedown so to speak." Urban said trying to reassure the Doctor.

"Tell him whatever you want as long as you keep my secret. As for over hearing your conversation it wasnt intentional, I have good hearing." Urban said looking at the profile.

"When you check people to make sure they are free of nanites do a complete scan, nanites may be airborne, attacking through a different strategy. After all Borg are all about perfection, I wouldnt be surprised if they refined their tactics along with that perfection they are seeking." Urban cautioned.

Urban read over O'Mannin's file again. Despite he only skimmed his file before sense he had like 200 files to check and didnt have time to read every little detail of their profile's. Urban found osme of the details of interest but all he care really cared about was him able to do his job and thats it.

<Urban got up and went looking for the Doctor> 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:53 pm ]

Captain Faraness Rangewere was the name on her orders, and it was to his office that Danica Walking Bear went. She had already acquainted herself with Vernemeton Station, including the location of its science labs. All that remained now was to introduce herself to her commanding officer, and hope that her stay here would be a short one.

She paused to look out a view port at the myriad stars that hung in the canopy of the Delta Quadrant sky. The human part of her, the part she had inhereted from her father, wondered if they'd given names to the constellations yet, and if not, if the process might be left to her. The Vulcan part knew that the stars did not align themselves into pretty patterns in order to form representative symbolism, that it was people who developed the need to objectify phenomena.

Still, it was interesting. And where the real adventure was. Of course, even the station was far away from both the Alpha and Beta quadrants, and there was something to be said about having things come to her, but the opportunity to be out there was her true goal.

The door before her chimed, and from behind it she heard the command to enter. Stepping through as the doors hissed open, Danica stepped through confidently and said, "Ensign Danica Walking Bear reporting." She placed the padd containing her orders on the desk before her, and pulled herself up to attention. 

Author:  Ryn Martin [ Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm ]

Martin continued fixing up the injured patients. His mind was on something else however. He pulled his scanner out of his pocket and quickly scanned the Ensign, checking to see if his efforts had paid off.

OFF: Again, I'm limited to once maybe twice a week in posting, until the beginning of October. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:50 pm ]

Saul stood smartly with his hands behind his back as the face of Commander Sheppard appeared on the station's viewscreen.

=/\=Commander, I am Lieutenant Commander Saul Karrath, Captain Rangewere's Chief Strategic Operations Officer.=/\= he began, by way of introduction.

=/\=The Captain asked me to get a status update on the progress of the Concordia's current mission.=/\= 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:52 pm ]

Concordia - Sickbay

'Tell him anything you want,' Urban had said, 'as long as you keep my secret.'

That was not going to be an easy task and also be honest with the captain. He did have some ideas that might work and so he would not concentrate too much on that, besides he had his hands full wit a crewmember infected with nanites, a Sickbay full of patients and a ship under quarantine. The last thing he needed was to cover up a secret for a fellow officer.

Urban had also mentioned that he would like him to do a thorough medical exam on the Captain because he believed the man was acting a little unusual. Now that would be a much larger problem and it would have to wait as well.

Taking the now separated blood from the patient he then carefully removed the white blood cells as they floated above the redder liquid below. One of the nicer things about centrifuges was that they could spin things out based on size and weight. And since both the red blood cells and the nanites were heavier they sunk to the bottom. Allowing him to skim off the good and reject the bad. In theory this would work but he would have to make certain none of the unwanted bug like robots had managed to make there way in with the erythrocytes.

A noise from one of the patients caught his attention and he put down what he was doing to evaluate it. This was the part of his job he relished, not the seeing of men and women in agony but where he could actually do some good, be of service to his fellow officers. What he didn't like was the mountains of paper work and what not that accompanied it. The room was a flutter with activity

The man who had lent him his phaser earlier in the make shift ward of the mess hall was busy helping patients. The constant flow on wounded had stopped but with limited space and personnel there were still those who need their help. He was grateful for all the assistance he was getting especially from the science department.

Walking over to the Chief Science officer he paused until he was recognized and smiled, "just wanted to say how I appreciate all your help sir," he said then glanced down at the patients, "looks like your in goods hands," he nodded again.

From the corner of his eye he could see the Chief Security Officer approaching him and he smiled at him, "read anything interesting lately," he said with a chuckle. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:26 pm ]

"Quite a few interesting things. Like slugging a superior officer, I think it was a Admiral you slugged. Im surprised you didnt get court martialed but luckily you were a civilian at the time. Im still unsure as to why they didnt accept your request for a post since you ONLY slugged an admiral?. All I care about is your ability to do your job, your past doesnt judge your future." Urban said reassuringly to Daniel. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:56 pm ]

Bridge, USS Concordia
Larson just stood quietly, tricorder in hand, and waited for the commander to finish his chat with the station. He was'nt leaving until he got all of his scans. They may have lifted the quarantine to get rid of the AI, but no one had ordered the medical and science staff to stand down.

This was a rare chance to observe how things are done on The Bridge. Alan did not want to annoy anyone, or get in the way. He just wanted to finish his scans, and maybe give his opinion on the situation if prompted. He was the only science officer on The Bridge, for that matter. It would not be totally out of place for him to speak his mind if he felt the time was right, or he was directly questioned by any of the bridge officers. He was also very eager to get a scan of Dr. Brackman. Something about the good doctor did not sit right with Alan. Maybe a good scan would shed some light on this weird feeling Alan had.

For now he just waited for the situation to unfold.. 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:18 pm ]

O'Mannin stiffened, "I can't say I can recall ever striking an officer," he said and then a sly smile crossed his face, "I can't say the thought never crossed my mind though."

He looked back over his shoulder and as if looking to see who might be eves dropping, "That wasn't quite the response I was expecting sir but I'll take it."

"What I was hoping is," he began again, "that you could see that I too have my share of secrets but I do let my superior officers and those I work closely with in on them, that way they don't sneak up on me some day."

"Don't worry Lieutenant Urban sir," he said with a nod and a smile, "I won't be letting any Tribbles loose."

"Thank you sir," he said as he walked to a nearby patient, "I appreciate you sparing some time." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:44 pm ]

"When do you want to do this?" Urban asked as he looked around at the patients sprawled everywhere laying on biobeds and leaning up against the walls of sickbay. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:53 pm ]

Bridge, U.S.S. Concordia

"We shouldn't run any unnecessary risks, Captain. I recommend just dropping off the shuttle and bringing the necessary equipment over to the starbase. Unfortunately, until the shipment arrives, there is not much I can do in the area of repairs."

Noticing Larson's tricorder through his peripheral vision, Brackman said, "Information is a dangerous thing in the wrong hands, Ensign. Do keep that in mind while you're pointing your tricorder at everyone. So Captain, what is your decision?" 

Author:  Argus [ Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:36 pm ]

Station - CO's Office

.....Argus was making his routine walk throughout the station when he caught a new bio signature on his sensors heading for Rangwere's office. So he decided to make a small detour, he went to turbolift and after making sure no one else was around, he used the holographic emitter again and commanded the turbolift to go to Rangwere's office, then quickly deactivated the emitter. Once he arrived he saw Karrath going about his duties and decided not to confront him just yet and made for Rangwere's office. So he ran to the door just as it opened, Argus his the side of the Door with his own body to stop his momentuum, then proceeded to run through and just to make matters worse he ran into another wall, he looked around, shook his head and saw the new biosignature standing at attention in the room.....

<Argus got up and went to sit beside Rangwere, much like a guard dog would to protect someone or something he was ordered to protect. All the while he was scanning her and putting her life signature and her face to memory. Then he remote accessed her medical logs for her DNA pattern to ensure she wasnt a shapeshifter> 

Author:  omannin [ Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:54 pm ]

"Well," The medical officer said with a grin, "I think we better wait on it don't you?"

He scanned the patients vital signs and check closely at the results then replied again, "I will notify you when we have the time to address it Lieutenant Urban, sorry I don't have the time at the moment."

He glanced around at the still full sickbay and then back at the Chief of Security, "it might be a while." 

Author:  Naquv [ Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:02 pm ]

(OOC: I looked on the crew roster and we don't have a CMO for the Concordia. I've noticed Mr.O'mannin was sort of looking for him. It was or is Alex David, but he has only posted 3 times, two of them in the Admiral's Welcome Desk) 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Karl Urban [ Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:05 pm ]

"Yeah, Ill try to get as many people who have medical training down here to help you out." Urban said leaving the doctor to do his job. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:55 am ]

Station Vern - CO's Office

Faraness heard the door of her office chime and expecting it to be Mr Karrath with the status report she had asked for, she said enter. But to her suprise it was not who she thought it was.

A young lady stood on the other side of the entrance as the door opened. She took a step in and in a formal stance said her first words to the captain.

"Ensign Danica Walking Bear reporting." She said, in a very formal tone as she placed the padd containing her orders on Faraness's desk and snapped back to attention.

"Ahh Ensign Danica. At ease." Replied Faraness as informal as usual.

"No need to hand me your orders ensign. I like to keep a tab of my senior crew and their assistants. You are the new science officer assistant correct?"

As the conversation started Faraness noticed Argus pop its mechanical head in and sat on the floorspace next to Faraness as if to act like a guard dog. She looked as him, smiled, then looked back at the ensign awaiting her response. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:32 am ]

((OFF: I think O'Mannin deserves a promotion too))
Bridge USS Concordia
Larson just stood his ground. He met Dr. Brackman's gaze, listened to his warning about the danger of information, and did not flinch, or change facial expression.
"I'm not going to let this guy push me around!" Alan thought.

He was Starfleet. He worked to hard to get this assignment, and he was'nt going to let any civilian stand in the way of his duty. He was not going to be intimadated by a man who put him, and his crewmates, into harms way because he could not control the AI he invented, or stay out of the Borg's way. One man, and one AI, mess up, and what happens? All of the people on Concordia and Vernemeton Station are put at risk. For that matter all of this section of the Delta Quadrent were put at risk because of this guy. He thinks he can wag his finger at me, and I'll sit like a dog, power down my scanner, then say "I'm sorry"? Well he's got another thing coming.

If someone other than Dr. Brackman told him not to scan Dr. Brackman, then he would'nt force the issue. "I am here to scan all persons on board, to keep us and the spacestation safe." He thought to himself "I can't let a hunch, or my personal feelings get in the way. I'll just wait for my opening, then pounce" 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:53 pm ]

Faraness Rangwere wrote:
"Ahh Ensign Danica. At ease." Replied Faraness as informal as usual.

"No need to hand me your orders ensign. I like to keep a tab of my senior crew and their assistants. You are the new science officer assistant correct?"

"Yes ma'am," replied Danica, moving to stand at-ease. "I have taken the liberty of--" she paused for a moment as the robot dog entered and ran around, stopping to regard the half-Vulcan. "--Acquainting myself with the...station...Captain, is that a pet of some sort? It seems to be familiar with you. Is it an artificial intelligence?" 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:48 am ]

Fanaress chuckled a bit before regaining her composure.

"This is Argus. He has somewhat taken the role of a guardian around the station." She replied.

"Oh and yes he is a sentient being." She added with a smile on her face. 

Author:  Argus [ Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:11 am ]

...Argus continued to breath making heavy breathing noises and looked at Danica's feet and then looked back up at her face, then ran around in a circle chasing his tail then stopped sitting down suddenly and continued to look at Danica curiously wandering if she was a danger to Rangwere or not... 

Author:  omannin [ Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:10 pm ]

Daniel nodded as the security officer turned to leave. He watched until he disappeared behind the sliding door that separated Sickbay from the corridor beyond. The Betazoid sighed and glanced about the room to see who might have heard what he only could assume was the Lieutenants attempt at humor. There were a few stares but quickly vanished as they attempted to look busily after their charges.

Great, the Ensign thought, now I will have a lot of explaining to do.

Mental note, he thought again, check over your personnel file later.

He turned and headed for the seclusion of the medical lab, trying to escape the scrutiny of his fellow officers. He picked the small amount of white blood cells scavenged from the nanite-infected sample he took from his patient and scrutinized it thoroughly to ensure it no longer contained the unwanted microscopic pests.

The results were negative for the microcomputers and he smiled, "so far so good," he said in a low voice. Daniel began placing the cells in the containers used for cell proliferation and placed them in the appropriate temperature.

Now it's a waiting game, he thought and left the lab to look after his infected crew member. 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:48 pm ]

Faraness Rangwere wrote:

Fanaress chuckled a bit before regaining her composure.

"This is Argus. He has somewhat taken the role of a guardian around the station." She replied.

"Oh and yes he is a sentient being." She added with a smile on her face.

Danica arched an eyebrow at the robot, and looked back to her new CO.

"Interesting," was her only comment. "I'm afraid I haven't had time to bring myself up to speed as to what is currently required of Sciences aboard the station. Is there anything in particular you require of me at the moment, or shall I check in with Lieutenant Fleech?" 

Author:  Mimas [ Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:24 pm ]

Karl Urban wrote:
Urban went to his console and sent a text Mimas's console

Code:
Mimas, do a ship wide scan looking for any borg signatures no matter how faint.  We cant let others dictates our duties.  So I want you to do the scans and keep a close eye out for anything unusual.

At least half an hour had passed since Mimas had received his written orders...
His scans reveiled nothing out of the ordinary... He even had send out some squads to do a fysical search of the boarded areas...
So far nothing had been found....

A sudden dizzyness struck Mimas by total suprise... He quickly regained his focus... but he soon realised he was deadly tired.
The emotional overflow had cost him more of his energy and he was in a desperate need of a break.

You are on duty, his thoughts sounded like a masters voice, you cannot afford to give in to your oversensitivity. You must get a grip on yourself.

And when was the last time l have eaten? Mimas' mind replied the masters voice, as if he wanted to justify how he felt; do you want me to literally black out here...?

Hearing the two voices in his mind, Mimas smiled, and decisively spoke:

"l ask permission to be releaved, l feel l'm in need of some food, some rest, and maybe a chat with the doctor too..."

after which he collapsed to the ground,...
and enjoyed the silence that followed...

Author:  Argus [ Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:45 pm ]

Quote:
Danica arched an eyebrow at the robot, and looked back to her new CO.

"Interesting," was her only comment. "I'm afraid I haven't had time to bring myself up to speed as to what is currently required of Sciences aboard the station. Is there anything in particular you require of me at the moment, or shall I check in with Lieutenant Fleech?"

...Argus hopped up onto Rangwere's desk and out of one paw came a tube that plugged into the CO's computer downloading his observations about the new comers to the station, captured thieves which security took under custody, then gave a very detailed report on each incident... 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:49 pm ]

Bridge, U.S.S. Concordia

Brackman was still waiting for Shepard's reply when Mimas collapsed unexpectedly. Brackman thought of Ensign's collapse a reminder of his own. He glanced at his hands, which had begun to shake slightly and he felt a dull pain on several areas of his body.

With everyone distracted by Mimas's fall, Brackman quickly and quietly took out a small hypospray, injecting himself quickly before putting it away. His hands soon returned to normal and the pain subsided. If anyone had noticed, it didn't matter - it was just medication.

Brackman looked over at Mimas, who had several crewmembers surrounding him, before looking back at the viewscreen. Though there was nothing interesting on it, it served as a sufficient distraction from Brackman's numerous thoughts. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:42 am ]

Concordia - Bridge

...Noticing Mimas falling, Urban rushed to his side and tapped his commbadge...

=^= "Ensign O'Mannin, Medical emergency on the bridge. Mimas collapsed and seems to be breathing but a more expert opinion may be required." =^= Urban said over his commbadge.

"Back off and get back to your posts." Urban ordered the crewmen. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:46 am ]

Commander Shepard smirked a bit at the doctor's obvious frustration at his situation. "Do what you need, Doctor. I'll make sure the order is placed." He then turned back to the main viewer, where Commander Karrath was awaiting his response.

"Mr. Karrath, I'm sure the captain will be glad to know that we've managed to reacquire Dr. Brackman's shuttle. As soon as it's possible, we'll be transferring both the shuttle and it's AI to secure storage aboard the station. Let her know I'll be here if she needs to contact me. Concordia out." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:20 am ]

((Off: Man this crew really knows how to pass out!! Urban, Me, Mimas..  ))
Bridge USS Concordia
Larson knelt down, and pointed the scanner he had been warming up for Brackman at Mr. Mimas.
"Low blood sugar, low blood pressure, low heart rate, low resparation" he saw on the read out. "Dehydration, low levels of minerals and vitamins, low amino acid levels" the tricorder indicated.
"Did'nt he say something about getting something to eat, just before he lost it?" Alan asked Lt.Urban, loudly enough for Commander Shepard, who had just finished with the viewscreen, to hear.

Not waiting for a response, Alan answered his own question.
"A good meal and a nap would be a good start for Mr. mimas, according to this data he has'nt eaten, and has had very little fluid in at least the past fourty-eight hours. Who knows about sleep. I think he is just flat out exausted, but I'm no doctor, It could be something else."

Alan Tapped his com badge."Larson to sick bay, delay that house call to The Bridge, Doctor. I think we just have an exausted, undernourished, fatiuge victom here. I can give him a mild stimulant, and escort him to sickbay, or site to site him, unless you really want to come up here."

He then turned his gaze to Commander Shepard and Dr. Brackman while waiting for O'Mannin's responce, and said.
"Begging your pardon Commander, but this is the third crew member to hit the deck in the past few hours, One of whom was me, the other was Mr. Urban here. I understand lifting the quarantine will solve the AI problem, but what if we are missing something. What if The Borg sliped something new past us, that we can't scan for. That's what they do, Commander, they adapt. They find new ways to hurt us, to make us sick. At the very least let me finish my scans of the persons on The Bridge"

He was already on his knees, he hoped this helped his case. He also hoped that O'Mannin would insist on the quaratine's reinstatement upon hearing of a third crewman being overcome with a fainting spell. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:41 am ]

"By all means, continue with your scans." Shepard sighed. He hated to admit it, but Ensign Larson was correct. Three crewmembers had fallen ill to similar symptoms, and all since the Borg confrontation, none with any previous warning or explanation. "Lieutenant Urban, until further notice, no one is to leave or board this ship." He tapped his commbadge. "Ensign O'Mannin, if you're not otherwise busy, I'd like to see you in my ready room."

Shepard retreated to the sanctity of his ready room, wishing to take a few moments to survey the situation in silence. He stepped to the replicator. "Coffee, black," he said as he rubbed his forehead in exasperation. The stainless-steel mug appeared in moments, filled nearly to the brim with steaming coffee, and Shepard retrieved it before sitting down at his desk. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:33 am ]

Concordia, Bridge

Alan stood as Mimas started to come around. Lt. Urban leaned over to help Mimas up, and Alan whispered to him. "I still didn't get a chance to scan the Commander, let's keep an eye on him"

He turned around and stepped between Dr. Brackman and the exit. He was surprised Brackman hadn't made a move for the door yet.

"You heard the commander, Doctor, I have scanned everyone here but you. All persons on board must clear a medical scan. This will only take a moment" he said, as he reset the display unit in his hand. "It won't hurt a bit. Ask Lt. Urban here if you don't believe me. He cleared his scan, and I'm sure he is eager to see if you clear yours" he said as he gave Urban a slight nod.

"I hope Lt. Urban backs me up if Brackman tries to slither out of this scan" he thought to himself 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:43 am ]

Bridge, U.S.S. Concordia

Turning toward Larson, Brackman said, "As I said before, information can be very dangerous in the wrong hands. But do what you believe is necessary, Ensign, whatever that may be." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:17 pm ]

Bridge USS Concordia

" I assure you , Doctor, Any information will be handled according to Starfleet regulation. These scans are between you and me, unless of course, I see something that Dr. O'Mannin needs an update on" he said as he passed the small blinking hand scanner near Brackman's head. The display unit in his other hand blinked and beeped.

"I'm fully aware of the danger information can hold. I don't fear information, however, I lust for it." Alan was trying to buy time, trying to get more than medical data out of the tricorder. Trying to find any data to support the uneasy feeling he had about the doctor.

"As a Federation science officer, information is my greatest friend. It is my most valuable tool. It is my job to gather it, sort it, and use it to keep my crewmates, and Federation citizens safe" he said as he stopped the hand scanner right over the place Brackman's heart should be.

Clearly the Doctor was getting impatient with the slower than normal scan. Alan guessed he was reluctant to say anything, because of Mr. Urban's formidable presence. He continued, "Everyone seems worried that the Borg are to blame for all the illness. It didn't start until after the attack. The information tells me something different. People didn't start getting sick until you came on board."

"Don't get me wrong, Doctor. I'm not accusing you of any wrong doing...yet. I still have to sort the information" he said as he snapped the tricorder shut."The information will tell me the truth. Maybe the information will mean danger for you. Maybe it will be dangerous for me. I just can't take the chance that it will mean danger for my crew or the innocent people on that space station."

"I'm done with him, Lt. Urban" he said as he stepped aside. "Good day, Doctor." 

Author:  omannin [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:47 pm ]

Concordia - Sickbay - Bridge

The young medical officers tilted his head slightly and stopped in his tracks as the com message requesting his assistance on the bridge, what is going on up there, he thought.

"Ancknoledged," he stated taping his communication badge, "on my way."

He turned to the Emergency Medical Hologram and shook his head, "just...," he cut his words short than began again, "you know, take care of things here."

He saw all of those who still needed his assistance and sighed, what is going on here. he thought.

Then as he was leaving through the sliding doors and headed for the lift his communication badge beeped and Larson's familiar voice came across. This time telling his services might not be needed.

Exhaustion, undernourishment, fatigue," his sand colored eyebrows furrowed at the apparent confusion and again he wondered what exactly what was going on?

"Very well Ensign Larson," he said as the rurbo lift doors opened, "you may use the stimulant but just bring him to sick bay and we'll get a better look at him, O'Mannin out." "And where are we going to put him," he pondered aloud to no one in particular as the connection broke.

Daniel turned and began to make his way back to his crowded ward. Things were going better now that the constant stream of injured had stopped but there was still something amiss aboard the vessel and exactly what he did not have a clue.

Lieutenant urban had mentioned a Doctor Brackman and that there was some sort of connection. The Ensign was not privy to all the details but there did seem to be some strange coincidences involving this person.

He was almost within Sickbay again when Commander Shepard's voice broke his stride.

"Acknowledged sir," he responded, "on my way."

He looked over at one of the crew that was helping him, "getting your exercise Ensign O'Mannin," the female Science officer joked as she continued her scan.

Daniel nodded and smiled, "It sure looks that way," he added as he turned and headed for the lift.

As he turned and the doors to the turbo lift closed the officer said, "bridge please," and the familiar hum of the lift began.

"if you're not otherwise busy," he muttered to himself, "why no... I only have two crewmen down with a case of nanites, a sickbay full of patients and another on the way, why no," he continued, "I don't have a thing to do."

The doors slid aside and he walked onto the bridge. Before him was Larson still dealing with a man, out of Starfleet uniform and urban preceding over the scene with the authority of his office.

He nodded towards the Lieutenant, "Permission to come aboard," he offered wish a slight smile but continue walking, "You know where I am headed sir."

He shot a glance over to see how the officer who had just fainted was doing. He seemed to be up and about enough to make it with escort to Sickbay and turned his attention to his steps towards the ready room door, "There waiting for you Ensign Mimas sir," he offered and then waited for the familiar chime and permission from the Commander to enter the ready room. 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:05 pm ]

=/\=Copy that, Commander. Have a good trip back.=/\=

Saul nodded to Ops to close the connection to the Concordia as he walked towards the Captain's office, depressing the announcement button on the door. During the brief time it had taken to make contact with the Concordia he had sufficiently calmed down and had time to think about what the mechanical dog named Argus had said. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:23 pm ]

Commander Shepard - Ready Room

Ian took another sip of his coffee just before the door chime sounded. "Come in," he said, and the door slid open to reveal Ensign O'Mannin. "Ah, doctor, please take a seat," he said with a smile. "I've got a few matters to discuss with you. Firstly, I'd like to thank you for your vigilance during the recent outbreaks onboard. I understand that the apparent disappearance of Dr. David must have made things difficult. Suffice it to say that powers higher than I requested his immediate reassignment."

He took another sip, and continued. "Along those lines, I've been talking with your previous commander aboard the Mandela, and after looking over your service record, both he and I agree that you are an exemplary officer. If you feel you're up for it, I'd like to offer you the permanent position of Chief Medical Officer..." Shepard retrieved a small oaken case, containing a small black pip, from the table behind him, "...and a promotion to go with it." 

Author:  Mimas [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:34 pm ]

Bridge U.S.S. Concordia

Mimas felt still wobbly.
His face was pale, cold sweat dripped on his back. He still felt exhausted.

The adorable quietness only had lasted for some seconds, although to mimas it had seemed much longer...
The emotional noise was there again, and it was pounding in his head... louder with each hit
As if a big giant is coming closer, he thought and as the slide doors gave way for doctor Omannin to come in, he continued

and there is the giant....

His vision blurred again, the headpounding noise made him look for a seat, if he did not want to faint again...

The medical escort quickly grabbed the nearest chair, and ordered a drink of water....

"thank you" mimas said...
But his eyes rested on the door behind which Omannin had disappeared...

This was something he never had experienced before... Such an enormous wall of emotional noise... white noise.... sense-disrupting noise... 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:01 pm ]

Bridge, U.S.S. Concordia

As Larson moved aside, Brackman said, "I'd write that off as a coincidence, Ensign. You shouldn't pin everything on circumstantial evidence. And a word of advice - a lust for information can be even more dangerous than a lust for power. Take care in how you express that lust. It might what you find that is more dangerous. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss."

Brackman straightened his lab coat before heading into the turbolift.

"Deck 4," said Brackman. He intended to get to the station and discuss the situation with Rangwere. He decided that the crew of the Concordia could take care of QAI and the shuttle's transfer without incident.

When the turbolift doors opened, Brackman headed to the closest transporter room and, as he entered, said to the transporter chief, "To the station, please."

Brackman stepped onto the transport pad, preparing for transport. 

Author:  omannin [ Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:17 pm ]

As the door opened he stepped smartly inside and stood at attention. He then took a seat directly in front of the Commander as instructed and listened intently to what he was being told. e was honored by his words of thanks regarding his recent performance. The mention that Doctor David had been reassigned by powers higher than that of Shepard struck him as odd.

Why now, he thought, did he know something, did he suspect something or did he just not want me serving under him?"

To be honest he thought the commander might wish to discuss what was happening in sickbay, get his opinion on the events surrounding Urban's recent collapse of his Chief Security Officer but that was far from the case.

Daniel looked puzzled as he heard the word regarding checking his previous record and talking to those he had previously served under. At the mention of the U.S.S. Mandela his frame stiffened. Memories of the horrid events that transpired shot though him like a phaser through metal. The awarding of the Starfleet Commendation Medal and now it was so abruptly taken from him. Whatever he Shepard would find there would certainly not be good.

After Urban's mention of him striking an Admiral he thought perhaps there had been somehow maliciously altered and he needed to clarify what the truth was. He became even more so when it dawned on him that he was being offered the position previously held by Doctor David and a promotion.

Talking about changes in positions and promotions now, he wondered, wile my Sickbay if bursting at the seams and I have nanites creating havoc in a crewmember?

O'Mannin swallowed visibly as he searched for words. He had not expected such a conversation and how Commander Shepard had arrived at such a decision was beyond him. His next thought was that as soon as the Admiralty found out about this the black pip would be as history as his commendation.

"Commander Shepard Sir," he began, "I, I am truly honored sir."

He stood to is feet at attention and awaited the presentation that would mark his passage from Ensign to Lieutenant Junior Grade and his taking command of the entire medical department aboard the ship.

Daniel still had questions but those could wait. He needed to return to his post and get to work on the Ensign who still laid unconscious awaiting treatment for the nanites that ran through his system. There was still this nagging thought that something was amiss but for now he would push it to the back of his mind and accept the Commander's offer. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:42 am ]

Bridge USS Concordia

The tircorder hummed in his hand, bursting at the seams with information. Larson had learned a few tricks at the acadamy(mostly from other cadets) that allowed him to operate his tricorder outside of the"recomended parameters". Pushing the device to the brink, and running certain scan modes in ways that the instructors warned them were "expressly forbiden", often rendered expanded results. It also allowed a person to scan for certain things someone would need a much more advanced scanning device to detect. The only problem is that it the data amount was so huge, it robbed the device of its display funtions. The data had to be moved to a command console for the full report on their uninvited guest, Dr. Brackman.

"Mind if I borrow your command station for a moment. Lt. Urban?" Alan asked

Lt. Urban moved to the left and extended his hand as if to say"Be my guest, amigo". He used his other hand to unlock the keypads. The console beeped as Larson stepped up,and placed the tricorder next to the console's display screen. he tapped one button on the scanner, then made a quick pass at the console's keys. The download started.

Larson spoke at a tone that only Urban could here,"I don't trust that guy any futher than I can throw him. Here we go, the full story, sir"

The information was begining to flow on the display screen. Larson and Urban's heads and eyes moved back and forth in unision as the new data stream scrolled past

"I'll be damned!!" Larson whispered.
He looked Urban dead in the eye and repeated himself.
"I'll be damned!!" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:24 am ]

((OOC: Amigo, LOL!!!!, oh thats funny.))

Concordia - Bridge

"Mind explaining this medical stuff? sense im only versed in the arts of security and such." Urban asked Larson quietly whispering to him. "Hes not a cyborg is he?" Urban asked with a serious tone. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:07 am ]

Bridge, Concordia
Alan's hands started to fly across the keypads, He was sifting trough the raw data, picking up what thought needed to be looked at first, and listing the rest of the results into a series files to be sorted by importance, and viewing priority. While his mind and hands did their very old data sorting tricks, his mouth answered the security chief.

"I didn't mean to scare you. I just said 'I'll be damned', because I didn't expect to get this much data." Alan explained

"It's official, I'm upgrading to a medical tricorder. This thing is ten times better to cheat with than my standard hand scanner!" he said.

"As far as being a cyborg, the jury is still out. He is carrying a lot of devices. Whether or not they are attached to him is anyone's guess. Let the download finish, and give me a minute to check it well"Alan said."I just hope my hunch doesn't pan out."

He closed his eyes, and rubbed them for a second, and said,"We should stop Dr. O'Mannin on his way out of the ready room. He needs to see this ASAP."

He tried to remember the last time he had eaten something. He found that he could not recall.

"I have to get a snack after this"he thuoght to himself.

"Well sir, he is not a cyborg, but he is carrying many mecanical devices and small tools. A hypospray, a scaning device, and some sort of small comunication device around his wrist, amongst other things. Quite a bag of tricks." he said smileing at Urban."I am putting together a tactical file on Dr. Brackman for you right now, I'll leave it open at this console."

"As for the medical stuff, something seems off." he continued "He is really old. How old I'm not sure, which is odd because, even when you scan 'by the book', age can be pinpointed within a year or so. This data is inconclusive, even though the answer should be obvious."

"He seems to be in very good heath, which normally would not be strange, but in this case, considering his age, you would expect to find at least one thing wrong with him. The fact that he is not sick in some way makes me suspicious.

Alan wondered aloud:"Maybe he masked him self from the scan partially, because he knew it was coming."Think about it he said turning to Urban,"I was getting ready to scan him when Mimas passed out. You and I stopped to deal with that. Commander Shepard was busy with the view screen. Everyone else was looking at us. He had plenty of time to activate some device, or give himself some kind of injection that threw off the scan."

"He's up to somthing, Sir. I just can't prove it yet. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:14 pm ]

Transporter Room, U.S.S. Concordia

Brackman nodded at the transporter chief once he was ready and he was beamed to one of the station's transporter rooms. As soon as the transport was complete, Brackman left the transporter room and headed for Rangwere's office at a brisk pace. Soon he arrived and Brackman rang the doorchime to Rangwere's office, waiting outside for the doors to open. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:01 pm ]

Concordia - Bridge

"Hes the stations problem now. Transfer the data to the station, maybe they can make heads or tails of it. But my concern now is the crew, are they in any danger of becoming drones or anything?" Urban asked curiously. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:16 pm ]

"There is currently one crew member that has been infected with nanites, courtesy of the Borg." Alan reported. "Dr. O'Mannin and I have a plan in motion to cure him. Now that the crew has been scanned and Brackman is on the station.....wait.... he made it to the station?" Larson asked already knowing the answer. "The Commander said 'no one leaves or boards the ship'. I guess he made it off because you and I were checking his scan instead of issuing the lock down!! Oh well, I hope he doen't make anyone ill on the station",he said shaking his head."I guess hes not going anywhere untill that shuttle is fixed, if the data we have yeilds something."

"I'll just send it along to Station Ops, with a note from you to keep an eye on him, if thats what you want ,Sir" said Alan 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet