• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Episode 1: "All Roads Lead to Sol"

Started by Vorak, September 30, 2010, 07:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Episode 1: "All Roads Lead to Sol"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brackman shook his head.

"You don't understand. If the chemical has been modified, the problem has been altered as well. The only true way of eliminating the chemical completely is to vaporize it, though I'm certain you all see the problems with that."

Brackman's wrist device beeped and he pressed a few buttons before continuing.

"QAI is back online, for the time being. He can ascertain the extent of the outbreak."

Putting back on the sunglasses, Brackman pressed a few buttons and the display changed to a map of the station and nearby ships. A small number of red areas indicated dangerous concentrations of the chemical, all of which were on the Concordia. A larger number of orange colored areas, covering almost the rest of the Concordia and a small portion of the station, indicated tolerable but still risky levels, while the remaining areas contained minimal to no risk.

"You know, I believe if we just replaced the air in most of the infected areas, we'd eliminate most of the problem. It's like alcohol in that sense - the less concentrated it is, the less deadly. After that, the transporter exclusions should be enough to reduce the chemical within tolerable limits. To find and eliminate them all would be like trying to hunt down a needle in an Earth-sized haystack." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author:  Alan Larson [ Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:18 pm ]

Sickbay, Concodia
=/\=We can start on both of those things now, Admiral.=/\= 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:17 pm ]

Admiral Karelia - Deck 27B, Medical Lab

Karelia pulled up a window on the display console, and began to run through a few simulations. "Yes, that should work alright. The problem will be in executing it. The air will need to be completely purged before we can re-pressurize various sections. I'd recommend that we start with the Concordia, since it's got the deepest infection."

He brought up a cross-section of the Concordia on the monitor. "We could purge the atmosphere deck-by-deck, but we'll have a problem with the crew having to cram into the last few decks. We could also evacuate the entire crew, and perform the operation all at once by remote. However, while that works for the ship, the station's crew could never fit onboard the Concordia. In either case, we have the problem of getting the crew back into the cleaned areas without reinfecting them."

Will's eyes widened a bit. "Wait, perhaps we could merge the transporter exclusion stage with the atmospheric purge stage." Karelia called up an image of the station and the Concordia, with a few icons denoting crew members. "We purge one deck, and then begin the transports. However, once we're done, we rematerialize them onto the decontaminated decks. Rinse and repeat."

"We should," he added, "probably have some medical personnel on hand on the decontaminated decks to assist after the transports. Until we have some medics cured, they can wear EVA suit to prevent recontaminating that deck." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:03 pm ]

Sickbay, Concodia
=/\=Admiral, Dr. O'Mannin, and, Commander Shepard are in a meeting a few feet away from me. Considering the circumstances, I think I will inturpt them, and transfer the com signal to the Doctor's office. Stand by, sir=/\=

Larson walked across sickbay after transfering the signal. He took a deep breath, stepped into the room, and said, "Pardon the intrusion, Doctor, Commander, but I have a com call from Admiral Karelia. It's been routed to your console."

He stood at ease, hoping not to be dismissed. He wanted in on the action. 

Author:  Mimas [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:24 pm ]

Alan Larson wrote:
Sickbay, Concodia
"Pardon the intrusion, Doctor, Commander, but I have a com call from Admiral Karelia. It's been routed to your console."

There was no way Mimas would not have heard these words...
He approached the door that Larson had left open, and stopped when he was standing in the doorway... His mind was calm and eager to learn more...
He looked at o'mannin, and at sheppard.... none of them had seen him yet... Larson stood with his back to the door...

There is something else.... the noise that o'mannin had emitted before was gone...
That only could mean, as far as Mimas knew, that whatever secret o'mannin had, was not a secret anymore...

Betazoids are not good at keeping secrets, Mimas smiled, l'm glad that burdon is lift of his emotions... and, what's more, he seemes to be on to something, his emotions are very clear now, he wants to move on with whatever he is doing... Mimas probing mind was stopped by a very distinct voice of the past...

"One shall not draw conclusions based upon emotions and intuition..."
yes granddad, l know, it's illogical...

His smile widened.... and he called his mind back from o'mannins astral body, leaving behind a warm feeling of comfort...
O'mannin need not to worry to much about our talk..., he thought...

but his own curiousity left him standing in the doorway, after all, some orders might be given. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:34 pm ]

"You might as well simplify matters for yourself. Less than 15% of the station has any traces of the chemical, so decontaminating the clean decks would be pointless. We could isolate the infected decks, with maybe a couple more for good measure, and start from there. Otherwise it could take days to finish, since the transporters can only work so fast. The atmosphere purging would probably take less time, but who knows."

"I'll have to return to my shuttle for QAI to perform a similar procedure to myself, since I am not able to access and release my medical records without going through a considerable amount of red tape. QAI will perform the systems wipe when you're done. Information on the chemical mustn't fall into the wrong hands. So, if I may be excused..."

Brackman motioned his hand toward the door, punctuating his request to leave. 

Author:  omannin [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:29 pm ]

Sickbay, CMO's Office, Concodia

The mention of the word Admiral brought a tinge of fear to the half Betazoid. His experience with these high-ranking figures had not always been pleasant and he was not sure that this one would be any better. Daniel's initial reaction was that somehow this person had learned of his breach of protocol and would now bring the force of the federation down on him, removing him from active duty and from there the federation entirely. The Doctor's reasoning quickly kicked in and he realized it must have more to do with other events than his recent revealing of privileged information.

Behind Larson was Ensign Mimas who had been waiting patiently for his chance to speak with him. Thing were piling up about him like the people that crowded into his office. There were two patients now with nanites to deal with an a good number of the crew affected by whatever was raising their antihistamine levels. He felt sorry that he would still be forced to delay in conversation with the crewmember who had somehow known that Urban was in earnest need of aid but the urgency of the situation was interfering far too much into the Doctor's time to allow him the freedom to carry on a conversation with the Minnes

The Doctor nodded at Larson as he stood in the entrance to the room, "Thank you Ensign sir he said, almost as if he was subordinate to the speaker. He then nodded at the Commander and waited for him to acknowledge the Admiral's presence over the com.

Daniel did not dismiss Larson as he had a suspicion that he had already had a conversation with the Admiral, only in the lab rather than in his office.

(Edit: sorry needed to addres Mimes in the post) 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:32 pm ]

Karelia stopped Brackman before he left. "I appreciate all of the help you're providing on this cure," he said, "but I'm not about to let a civilian scientist and his AI have vital access to the computer core of a Starfleet frontier installation. Not to mention, I'm still debating throwing protocol to the wind and submitting these formulas to Starfleet Medical. This kind of outbreak can't be allowed to happen again." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:39 am ]

Brackman frowned.

"I'm a lot more than I seem, Admiral. I'm far more that just a simple 'civilian scientist'. In any case, information this sensitive is too dangerous to let people even think about. Wiping it from the computer core is a very weak step toward securing this information, if you think about what people might do with the simple knowledge of something like this exists. The Borg have a greater sense of morality than some people I know. Besides, whatever you consider vital can be appropriately encrypted, so that QAI will know not to touch it. He understands personal space and he's familiar with sensitive information."

Moving around Karelia toward the door, Brackman added, "And as a side note, submitting these formulas to Starfleet will do you no good. It would be censored out before it arrived to anyone who would do a thing about it. And you would be going way above your head if you tried to find out. 'For Eyes Only' isn't even the beginning of how deeply classified the Federation keeps some things. If it eases your mind, however, there are groups in the Federation trained and equipped to deal with incidents involving classified information."

"Now, can I go, or do you have more problems to bring up?" 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:43 am ]

Danica awaited someone of a higher rank to make a command decision. From what she'd seen and heard, every time someone other than Brackman had an idea, he felt the need to change his story, deflect any blame from himself, amend someone else's idea with one of his own that involved nanites, his artificial intelligence, or him being allowed access to his ship. Whether the man was truly dangerous or just suffering from delusions of grandeur the ensign did not know. She did however take some small comfort that decisions like this were above her pay scale. She was the newest crewman aboard the station. She would wait to be told what to do. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Will Karelia [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:33 am ]

"No, I've got nothing else. Be sure to let those friends of yours know, however, that I fully intend to see how deep this rabbit hole goes. Things like this don't go unanswered."

Karelia turned from the doctor, and went back to the console. He called up all data that had been collected and discreetly made a copy to an isolinear chip, which he slipped safely into his pocket. "Ensign," he said softly to Walking Bear, "I want a log kept on all of his transmissions, in or out. That includes his shuttlecraft. If you need access to it at all, you've got my clearance, I'll deal with the flak. I want to know who he's been working around."

Unfortunately, Karelia could think of only one entity that could possibly be responsible, only one with the resources, the lack of morality, and the track record to come up with such a virus.

That entity was Section 31. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:51 am ]

CMO's office, Concordia
Alan just watched and listened. We waited to be called on, or to be given orders. He glanced over his shoulder, and noticed that Lt. Martin was gone from sickbay. Making him the member of Concordia's science team who was on hand. He hoped Dr. O'Mannin, Commander Shepard, or the Admiral himself, had a nice assignment for him. 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:34 pm ]

Daniel tried to wait patiently, after all, his superior officer sat directly across from him and an Admiral, for whatever reason, was wishing to communicate something to him. Just inside his office stood Ensign Larson as eagerly awaiting what the Admiral might have to say as himself. Behind Larson, just in the doorway itself Ensign Mimas stood observing and waiting his turn to speak to the Doctor.

Both men looked in earnest yet for their own reasons. The stress and tension was causing the Doctor to begin to loose his control on the abilities granted him by his half Betazoid heritage. Quickly he turned his thoughts to the problems again trying desperately to keep a lid on the flood of emotions that ran ramped in the room and the sickbay beyond.

"Ensign Mimas," he said, "would you mind doing me a favor while you wait?" Daniel was not going to waste any more time than he already had and by using those available to him, even if he was preoccupied he still could accomplish what needed to be done.

"Would you be so kind," he began again, "as to go into Medical Storage room 5A just off of sickbay and retrieve something for me, it is small orange container on the third shelf from the bottom on the left, It will be setting all by itself, I don't think you can miss it." Daniel continued, "Please be extremely careful with it and give it to Ensign Larson."

Though O'Mannin could not read it the box was clearly labeled Nanobrobes, For Medical Purposes only. The Doctor may not have been able to read the labeling but he had just done an inventory in that room and had discovered their existence. His pictorial memory was so great that he could see the box, where it sat on the shelf and the label on top. He could recall the color and shape of the object and knew exactly how many of the microscopic robots it contained.

"Larson," the doctor began again, "would you please tell the EMH to perform as thorough a pulmonary scan on Lieutenant Urban as he can and to check for any indications of a Microvirus than report back to me."

The tone in the doctor's voice told more than his placid expression. He could cover some of his emotions but not all and what he expressed was concern and a bit of apprehension caused by the seriousness he placed on what the outcome of the tests might bring. 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:32 pm ]

"Yes, Admiral," replied Danica softly. She entered the appropriate codes into her terminal in order to have all of Brackman's communications logged and forwarded to both her and Captain Rangwere, as well as flagging Security to keep a watchful eye on the man's shuttle.

"To be clear," she said to Larson, "We are not using nanoprobes. We will be using the modified transport as discussed, as well as the air ventilation modifications Dr. Brackman indicated. All relevant data is being sent to you, Ensign Larson, as well as the station's Operations and Medical staff. We should be ready to begin as soon as you are in receipt."

Looking up at Admiral Karelia, Danica said, "Admiral, I believe I have done all I can here. Now it is up to the rest. I will, of course, continue to monitor both situations." She meant the cleansing of the personnel on the Concordia and station, as well as Dr. Brackman. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:38 pm ]

Larson was turning toward the door, to give his instuctions to the Medical Hologram, when he heard Ensign Walking Bear address him directly over the com. He paused, listened, and replied. "We are all ready here, but perhaps you and the Admiral can bring Dr. O'Mannin, and Commander Shepard up to speed while, I check on a critical patient" He nodded to the two ranking officers, turned away from the office, and looked for the photons disguised as a bald man 

Author:  Mimas [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:24 pm ]

omannin wrote:
"Ensign Mimas,"

Upon hearing his name Mimas stepped foward... Something in o'mannins voice triggered Mimas' sensors, damm, l hope l did not put him under to much stress with my outburst, the man obviously is being stretched to his limits

omannin wrote:
"would you mind doing me a favor while you wait? Would you be so kind as to go into Medical Storage room 5A just off of sickbay and retrieve something for me, it is small orange container on the third shelf from the bottom on the left, It will be setting all by itself, I don't think you can miss it."

His mind received a mental picture of the intended container. A shock went through Mimas as he realised what he was asked to get....
Is this what it's all about??? Are we fighting these little buggers?

"Ofcourse, sir"

Although he answered firmly, inside he nealry felt sorry for doctor o'mannin.

"Sir, if l may... It's ok, we can have our talk later, there is no hurry. But l'll get you your container as soon as possible"

He turned arround and walked to the medical store...

As he had to walk through sickbay to get there, he passed ltd Urban, still restrained, but calm and sedated...
Upon passing he could sense the fear and pain he had heard before, in his meditation....

l'll be with you shortly, karl, hang on... just a little while... 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:40 pm ]

Karelia motioned to Ensign Walking Bear. "I'd say it's time to begin, wouldn't you? Let's begin with the Concordia first." Karelia reopened the comm channel to the Concordia, and beckoned for Ensign Larson. "We should be ready here to begin with the transports," he said. "Mr. Larson, I'd like you to coordinate the venting of the atmosphere onboard the Concordia, and we'll handle the transports. Let us know when you're ready to begin." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:48 pm ]

As Karelia turned away, Brackman departed the room, heading for his shuttle. After a turbolift and a quick walk, he arrived at the shuttlebay. He nodded at the guards and the forcefield dropped down just long enough for Brackman to get through.

He entered his shuttle and said, "QAI, isolate the modified chemical and prepare an injection to eliminate it."

A few moments later, a replicator activated and a hypospray appeared. Brackman took it and injected the formula. Placing the hypospray in the recycling area, he said, "Prepare to contact the President and the Starfleet Intelligence's Chief, maximum security."

"Establishing secure frequency," replied QAI, "Jamming all tracking and tracing devices, emitting -"

"Yes, yes, I know the whole deal, just do it."

"You've been linked to the President's and the Chief's private offices."

A screen turned on, one half displayed a man with lines of worry on his face, the other half displayed a woman with an irritated expression on her face.

"Brackman, where is the situation this time?" snapped the woman.

"There has been a potential breach, Admiral. Admiral Karelia intends on looking into a matter related to FT. I'm requesting that you relay this to the other agencies and prepare to redirect any inquiries."

"We didn't need a notification, Brackman, we've done this enough times," the Admiral replied.

"There is another matter," said the President, "One of our agencies has retrieved compelling evidence that the Catalyst Project is somewhere near your current location. A group of agents will be joining in shortly to aid in the search and recovery. Remember, reach it first or all is lost. The Alpha Quadrant will be dangerously destablized if another power recovers it."

Brackman nodded, frowning. The President and the Admiral both signed off, leaving him to wonder how to complete this unexpected assignment. 

Author:  Mimas [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 pm ]

Mimas entered the medical storage and quickly found the orange container doc. omannin had reqested...
Nanoprobes, for medical use only
When he turned back to go to the doctors office, his foot hit something. Mimas carefully slided it from underneath the closet.

"computer, what is this item." Mimas had never seen such a thing, but then again he was no medic,

"scans indicate object is a timed gascontainer"

"a timed gascontainer...? containing what?"
no data available

Mimas carefully picked up the item... it looked somehow similar to the orange container omannin sent him for...

"how can u tell it's timed....?"

"construction of object indicates a timer device, to unlock the contents of the container...."

"so you understand this construction... is it federation made, does it belong in this room?"

"negative, object is not registered in any log"

"so it's not federation?"

"no data available"

Mimas had heard enough, this was planted here...
why here..?
by who?
by omannin?
that would show in the logs...?

"computer, is the timer still active?'

"affermative, timer clock is at 13:23:45:01 and counting down..."

ok, now we have a situation on our hands...

Mimas hasted back to the office....

carefull, those were the words omannin used, be carefull....
He arrived at the office, and he noticed people had become active...

"Doc, here is your can, and l also found this in the storage... computer, transfer known data on object to this office please...."

"comfirmed"

"apparantly there is a clock inside, counting down" 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:11 pm ]

Concordia, CMO Office

Doctor O'Mannin saw as Mimas entered his office, "Ah thank you Ensign," he said. With him was the object he had sent him to retrieve and another, one he could not recall seeing before. The medical officer's face took on a puzzled look as he saw the unfamiliar object, what is that.

"This was in the storage room," he said reiterating what the officer had said., "it has a timer, counting down," he added still trying to process what he had been told.

Quickly his eyebrows raided form the lowered position they had taken in his puzzlement, "O'Mannin to," he stopped himself before he said Lieutenant Urban's name, "Security, there has been a strange container of some sort found in Storage room 5A of the medical department. It appears to have a timer, we need to deactivate the device as quickly as possible before it blows us all up."

His words were an exaggeration but it was what he was thinking. Strange devices with clocks counting down the seconds had never proven to be a good thing and he was well aware of it.

Instantly he thought of Larson, how capable he would be of figuring out what contents the item held but he was otherwise engaged. He did not have such expertice as to figure out how to stop the timer and to safely discover its contents. Medical training was not bomb disposal and he was not about to learn how if he did not have to.

Looking over at the commander he began, "this might be the nut we need to crack...," he stopped himself from using yet another old earth expression and began again, "this might answer some of our questions sir, we need to have the science department and security work on this together. If we can I would like to see if the station might be able to offer some assistance."

The communiqué was still waiting to be answered and he could not understand why. He thought to let the Commander have the honor but he seemed to be preoccupied. Impatient and knowing time was running out he opened the line, "Commander Shephard and Doctor O'Mannin here, sorry for the delay sir. Ensign Mimas has discovered a peculiar timed device in one of the medical storage areas. We do not know what it is. It has a timer and I suggest we get it shot off immediately and discover what its contents are before we come up with our best plan t address the emergency."

The words were far more formal and perhaps direct than he would normally use but the urgency of two members already with nanoprobes running havoc in their systems. "Can we work together to get this resolved, our Chief of security in one of my patients and will be of little assistance here and many in our science department have caught whatever this is. I have two individuals already with nanoprobes running amuck, all my beds full and blood draws to do on a good many of the crew. "
He took in a breath and looked over at the commander. He knew he had already overstepped his position; after all he was the CMO and not in command of the ship. Nanitoprobes must be programmed, radiation therapy and other treatments had to be planned and implemented and now a new threat was held in his hand. This was a challenged even an well seasoned officer would shy away from and here he was, on his first day as a CMO faced with decisions that could jeopardize both the lives of the crew of Concordia but also those aboard the station.

"I understand you have information that needs to be discussed but with all due respect sir I must insist we get this being worked on first and than address these other issues, sir." 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:44 am ]

Commander Ian Shepard - Sickbay, U.S.S. Concordia

Ian startled out of a groggy sleep, slouching over in a chair near the CMO's desk. He tried to stand up quickly, unwilling to show his officers that he'd dozed off. "Yes," he said, "that sounds like a good idea." As Shepard stood, he felt a searing pain in several of his joints, notably the knee and hip. This is when it struck him; he wasn't falling asleep from exhaustion, the aging compound was robbing him of his energy. "Doctor, I think I need to be exa--"

A sickening crack could be heard as the commander took a step forward, his knee buckled, and he fell to the floor in agony. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:06 am ]

Sickbay, Concordia

Alan watched as the EMH moved through the force field, and began to examine the now sedated Lt. Urban. He wanted to take the results directly to the Doctor, as requested. While he was waiting for the data, He received the go ahead from the Admiral to begin the atomspheric purging. He tapped his badge to confirm his orders.

=/\= Understood, sir. I will return to the Science Lab, and start at once=/\=

He looked at the EMH, and tried to guage how long the scans were going to take. His guess was too long. In his late night reading he had discovered that the one common complaint about the EMH program series, other than the lack of bedside manor, was the fact that sometimes they were too thorough.

"Especially in a case such as this, taking into account that I have thrown in an unknown variable: the virus, or compund, or whatever the hell it is." he thought to himself.

He needed to go. Now. Alan did not want to interupt the EMH so he used the computer to revise his orders for the hologram.
"Computer," he said, as he moved toward the Sickbay doors "Have the EMH take his findings directly to Lt. O'Mannin upon scan compleation."

"How rude!" the hologram protested from behind him. "I'm standing right here, Ensign!" it sounded down right mad, as it then continued with, "Furthermore, I am totally able to scan and have a conversation at the same time. I am a valuable member of this crew, and I deserve the same respect as any flesh and blood crewmember!"

This response was no doubt a result of Voyager's EMH being directly involved with the program, and sub-routine upgrades that Concordia's EMH had received. Voyager's EMH, and it's evolution, were widely studied by the starfleet science community. It was fascinating, and ground-breaking stuff, well, at least to a scientist.

He respected the hologram's rights to fair treatment, and its equality as a valuable crewmember. He would have turned around on any other day, and told the EMH that he was sorry, but not today. Alan could feel himself losing his cool, as he turned on his heals to give that smart-mouthed hologram a large piece of his mind.

Larson stopped right before the first insult flew out of his mouth.

"Holy Toleado, not again!!" he thought, as he watched, through the office door, Commander Shepard rise, and then quickly fall."We have got to sort this mess out, ASAP!!" 

Author:  omannin [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:41 pm ]

O'Mannin leaped to his feet as soon as the Commander hit the floor. Carefully he placed the unknown device back on the table and grabbed the near by med kit. He was stunned at what he saw and the thought that ran through his mind was not pleasant. In his training he had seen elderly patient react in the same manor when they broke a hip, but Shephard was far from old enough for that to happen.

"Mimas," he said with a concerned tone in his voice, "get a gurney or an anti-grav lift, whichever you can get quicker."

Daniel removed the medical tricorder from his side and began his scan. As the lights and graphs began to appear he glanced up quickly at the comm then back to the fallen commander, "Admiral sir and Ensign Running Bear, Commander Shephard is... there was a hesitation in his voice, a hint of disbelief, "is getting brittle bones."

He breathed in deeply and grabbed the kit and opened it. He removed the Hospray and listened to the setting until he had reached is desired dosage and medication, "Sorry commander, " he said, "I can't give you much. I can try to heal the bone once I get your hip set but..." Daniel hesitated before continuing, "whatever I give you for the pain may interact with the treatment for whatever the devil Brackman unleashed on us." He looked seriously at the commander, "I can give you 2cc's of Terakine to help dull the pain but I am afraid if I give you more it might have an interaction with whatever we decide on as a cure for this thing."

Though it was true he understood there was to be a teleporter fix to the one chemical exposure yet there was something else, something unknown that still sat on his desk, ticking away the seconds.

"Commander," he began again as he waited for his response, "if this is what we can expect for the entire crew we have to do something quickly yet for the love of god lets use our head about this."

As he spoke the security team arrived. He motioned to the object on his desk, "get that thing out of here and shut the damn thing off before it goes off, and get the science team on it too, I have to know what is in it."

The two men nodded but said nothing taking the object and heading for the door, "Ensign Mimas can you accompany them, make sure they get it taken care of quickly." 

Author:  Mimas [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:29 pm ]

It was as if Mimas was pulled back into his duty:

"ofcourse, sir, l'm sorry, it's my job, l should have responded to this myself."

Mimas waved at the security crew:

"never mind, computer, activate transport to location, transport me and security team to sience lab 3, transport the device inside the sealed chamber, and put a lvl 5 forcefield arround it...,"
aknowledged

"good luck doctor" Mimas said before he dematerialised....

His mind was giving him hell tho

what were you thinking, your superior is lying restrained in sickbay, thought you could have a day of duty, hanging arround in sickbay trying to talk about stupid emotions that everyone allready knows about...? time to get something they can use wouldn't you think, mister Elfeneye...?

After materialising in the sciencelab, Mimas took some precautions...

"computer, Vent the air inside siencelab 5, and replace it with fresh air. l want this place free of any contamination, what so ever, we might have to be here long, and they soon will vent the ship"

Aknowledged, Venting air in 10, 9,8,...

Mimas and the securitycrew walked outside the lab, closed the door, and waited for the room to be cleansed...

After 15 seconds, the computer reported the air inside was replaced...

"now, we must get inside, computer, make an airlock with a lvl 2 forcefield"

aknowledged

now lets get started.... 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:28 am ]

...Urban was still unconscious, the nanites in his system, kick started his body. Still in immense pain, he woke up. Startled by what was going on...

"What happened!" Urban demanded noticing he was behind a forcefield. "Who put this forcefield here?" Urban said slightly shocked as to why he was in the medical bay in the first place, last he remembered was being on the bridge and the borg attacked, everything else was blank.

"Release me." Urban irritatedly ordered. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:11 pm ]

Shuttlebay, Vernemeton Station

Brackman adjusted the shuttle's holoemitters and said, "QAI, have CHIMERA transferred here and activate him. We should begin repairs now, in light of this new information."

"Agreed. Transferring CHIMERA now."

A few moments later, Charlie appeared in front of Brackman.

"The supplies have arrived?" inquired Charlie.

"We can't wait for them. The Catalyst Project is believed to be somewhere in this area of space. Recovering it is our highest priority."

Charlie nodded and said, "I'll begin minor repairs until the supplies arrive."

"Good. I have to tend to the station's current predicament. There should be signs of osteoporosis and vision loss soon, along with memory loss, arthritis, and Alzheimer's disease. QAI, prepare to take control of the station to continue the ventilations and transports in case all the officers are rendered incapacitated. Also, if the station's commanders prove uncooperative in the memory core wipes, you know what do to."

Brackman shook his head. "It's so much more difficult to keep information classified in the 24th century. I'd hate to see what it's going to be like in the 25th. Well, I'll leave you both to do your work. QAI, the gas mask and the air tank, please?"

Brackman took the gas mask that appeared in the replicator and placed it over his face. He strapped the air tank over his back and gave Charlie thumbs-up before leaving the shuttle and the shuttlebay, heading back toward the science lab the team was in. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:06 am ]

Sickbay/CMO's office Concordia

Alot of things happended at once. This was a good thing for Ensign Larson, because it caused his brain to kick into over load. No time to think, or multi-task. Just act. Act was what Larson did. Time to think was his downfall, its what kept him up at night.

Alan grabbed a gurney just after O'Mannin asked for it, but nearly jabbed Mimas in the gut with it, as if Mimas knew to move for it, before the doctor asked.

His brain told him that Mimas was reading the doctors mind, or vice versa. Larson had no extra perception, but he was no fool.

"Mimas is reading O'Mannin's mind" he thought to himself. His theroy changed to fact, in the next few seconds.

He and Mimas were locked in an eye to eye gaze. Mimas moved back, took the timer from the table, ordered a transport to a science lab,(Alan's Lab) and set some conditions.

He did all of this before, or at the same time, that O'Mannin asked him too. It went down right before Alan's eyes. It was so quick that he was sure Mimas and O'Mannin's brains were connected, somehow.

Mimas just moved backwards, and kept his eyes locked on Larson. He carried out the CMO's orders, even as the CMO spoke them. It was like O'Mannin was describing Mimas' actions, instead of ordering them. Alan was looking right into Mimas' eyes, but had a feeling that he was not there. Mimas just nodded, before he dissapered, right along with the two yellow uniforms that had just shown up out of nowhere.

Mimas did not have to use telepathy, or get inside Larson's mind. He knew his crewmates, inside and out. Which ment that he knew Alan didn't need anything, other than that nod.

The nod said it all, "I trust you to make the right move next, without help."

Move he did, in a way that only a true ADD patient can. It took seconds, but Larson's brain reacted as if it had weeks to plan.

He slapped the gurney down in the space that Mimas and his team had just faded out of, whipped his head around, and said "Mister, or Doctor EMH, shut up or sedate Urban, then get over here and help the CMO with the CO. You too, Nurse Whatsername!! Move it!!"

He turned his head around, and gave what he hoped was a reassuring glance to the doctor.

"Good luck from me also, doc, but you are on your own here. Call if you need, but the yellow uniforms are in my lab, and Lt. Martin is nowhere in sight. I have to deal with this."

Before the Doctor could protest, Alan was barking orders at the computer.

"Computer, lock on to Ensign Mimas' com badge, and transport me to his location. Bypass any lockout. Science Lab Emergency Code: Larson, Echo, Two, Three. Energise 

Author:  omannin [ Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:12 pm ]

The EMH looked at Urban, a sly smile on his face, "you sick," he said, "Doctor O'Mannin carries you in here unconscious, orders, to do a series of tests on you and then you go ballistic on the doctor. You walk right into his office and floor him," there was a broader smile that crossed is face, "good work, couldn't have done better myself."

The holographic man heard the insults and orders from Larson, "couldn't Agree more Ensign Larson," he said as he placed the hypospray against his arm., "good night Lieutenant, sweet dreams."

***************************************************************************************

Daniel watched as Larson placed the gurney down in the space that Mimas and the two security men had recently occupied. The Doctor nodded at the Science officer as he gave his words and vanished as well. Now what, he wondered to himself as he administered the dose of pain killer to the commander, first nanoporbes, an odd level of Antihistamine and now premature aging... all in a days work.

"I apologize Admiral Karelia, Ensign Walking Bear but I am afraid," he grunted a bit and a pecular look crossed his face as he took the commanders arm and wrapped it about his neck, nodded to the nurse who quickly came in and followed suite. He placed his arm about the Commanders waist, "I have my hands a little full."

Normally such an understatement would have warranted a Cheshire's smile at the moment there would be none, "I'm going to need at least one cargo bay cleared to use as an old folks home and a hollowdeck to take my critical patients to so I can get everyone off of deck 5 for the purging."

The Doctor looked over at the nurse, "read on 3 one, two, tthhrree." Lifting the patient was far more difficult than he remembered but he managed to get himself to his standing straight, "getting a little old myself Commander," he offered trying to lighten the mood a bit."

Once the commander was placed as comfortably as possible on the gurney he turned back to the monitor, "Ensign I am sending you the information on our patient with the Borg nanoprobes and Urban's once I have the information. I will need you to program some nanoprobes for each of them," he stopped trying to catch his breath. Funny, he thought, don't remember being so out of shape. "Nothing like fighting fire with fire," he offered again taking the handles of one side of the gurney in hand, "If you need anything please contact me, I will get to you as I can."

He picked up his end and the nurse his and he exited the room without disconnecting the communication link. There were a million things on the Doctors mind and proper etiquette was not at the top of them. 

Author:  Mimas [ Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:55 pm ]

Mimas did not even look up when Larson appeared in the lab.

"Good, you're here, l have allready located the mechanisme that will activate when the timer reaches zero... it appears not to be boobytrapped, it almost feels like who ever crafted this device, did not bother to build in some failsafes, but l could use a second opinion. Furtermore, the container is made of some sort of alloy, unpenetratable by standard scans... atm l'm giving tasks to the computer as to determine the components of the alloy, maybe we can reconfigure the scans, to get a look on what is inside the container..."

Mimas paused, as if listening to an inner voice, then turned to larson, and said:

"Was there something you wanted to ask or tell me?"

He spoke warmly, his voice was swolen with open minded empathy, but he did not really wait for an answer...

"people allways feel a bit naked, when they realise...." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:30 pm ]

Mr. Mimas, I have nothing to say, but good work back there.

Larson stepped up to his console, and began some scans that Mimas may not have thought of.

((OFF: sorry guys, gonna be moving over the next few days. May not get to post often. Good luck with the bomb. Don't wait for me!!)) 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Karl Urban [ Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:42 pm ]

...The contents in the hypospray began to fill Urbans body, feeling a little sleepy he was about to lay back but came alert instead...

"Computer deactivate the EMH." Urban said as he dematerialized.

"Get me out of this thing." he ordered the security officers. Urban was soon free from the confinement and sat up, he looked around as the nanites in his system negated the effects of the hypospray.

"DOCTOR! get over here." Urban said as he felt a bit groggy. 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:11 am ]

"Alright, let's begin. There's no crew on some of the lower decks of the Concordia, so let's start there. Begin the venting of atmosphere on Deck 15." 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:57 pm ]

"Aye sir," replied Danica. Deftly, she began feeding data to the station's Operations staff in order to fulfill the Admiral's wishes, all the while keeping her communications channel open to the Concordia to keep abreast of Larson's progress. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:03 am ]

Brackman reentered the science lab, still wearing the air tank on his back and the gas mask over his face. His security detail, still tailing him, hung around by the door. As he walked in, he noticed a map of the Concordia that indicated the lowest deck was having its atmosphere ventilated.

"Wouldn't this all be better coordinated from the station's bridge?" inquired Brackman, his voice muffled a bit by his breathing apparatus, "I must admit, seeing all of this being done from a science lab is quite familiar to myself. However, since this situation requires quite a bit of coordination between the station and the Concordia, I recommend we get to a location where we can monitor and communicate with the ship more readily. Does the station have a secondary control room?" 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:23 pm ]

The Doctor was less than pleased with the order Urban had just made. He shot the security officer a look that should have left no doubt of the irritation that had welled up in him, "I will get to you sir after I have finished with the Commander."

He saw that the EMH had vanished and knew the reason for it. "Computer," he began again, his hands waving above the injured Commander Shephared as he began to make aright his fractured hip, "reactivate EMH."

As he finished setting the bone properly he handed the Ostiogenic stimulator over to the nurse, "It is a serious break Commander Shephered though it has settled nicely together. I'm going to need to address Lieutenant Urban but I will return."

Looking over at the reassembled holographic doctor, "you think you can insure that his is set right," he asked and than rushed over to the impatient, yet unsteady Urban.

"Now," he said, "fine thing ordering me around like you pet dog Lieutenant," his voice had taken on a slightly softer tone, "lay back down sir, I don't want to have to pick you up off the floor."

"And no your not released to go back on duty," he said, "in fact, if you assault another person I will personally order you thrown in your own brig." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:05 pm ]

"Doctor, dont take that tone with me!" Urban snapped at the Doctor as he sat down.

"NOW! Mind telling me what happened to us after the Borg attacked? All I remember was when we were attacked by the borg, we got the shuttle and ran, everything after that is a mystery sense I dont remember anything. You and the EMH both say I did these things and I have no memory of the events that your so tocked off at me about!" Urban said trying to calm down from the Doctors obvious malice towards me. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:51 pm ]

Shepard looked up from his biobed and craned his neck to see the chief of security berating the doctor from behind the surgical bay forcefield. "Urban, put a cork in it," he said, forgoing professional courtesy. "You took a swing at the doctor and tackled him to the ground. I expected him to drop the forcefield and return the favor." 

Author:  Naquv [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:37 pm ]

OOC: excuses excuses... sorry school starting really kept me busy for a while. i should be able to post once or twice a week regularly

Naquv saw everybody leave the bridge and get replaced with secondary officers. he learned of brackman's current position and what he was doing. he contemplated going to sickbay to help the situation, but he had a feeling a senior officer was going to be needed on the bridge, even if it was only an ensign. he felt there was probably something he could do to help from the birdge, but he didn't know of anybody that could tell him at the moment. Who was helping brackman with the cure? had some other problem arisen that he could help with? Was the compound having detrimental effects on the crew? there were so many questions yet nobody to answer them. he was sure somebody needed help but who. he thought of calling the captain, but rashly thought he was probably too busy. but then he thought of his duty as chief of operations: to help keep the ship running smoothly, so busy or not, he tapped his badge =A= Naquv to commander Shepard, is there any situation that would require my help, anything at all that needs extra help?=A= 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:49 am ]

Ian Shepard wrote:

Shepard looked up from his biobed and craned his neck to see the chief of security berating the doctor from behind the surgical bay forcefield. "Urban, put a cork in it," he said, forgoing professional courtesy. "You took a swing at the doctor and tackled him to the ground. I expected him to drop the forcefield and return the favor."

"I have no memory of doing anything you guys have said I done. I dont remember anything except for the attack with the Borg, everything else is a blank. I have no recollection of any of these events im being accused of doing. I would NEVER strike another officer EVER!" Urban said defending himself from all these verbal attacks. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:18 am ]

Science Lab, Concordia

''Okay. Lets cut down the options. My scans are coming back with dead ends. My guess is that yours are too." Alan saw a slight nod from Mimas, and continued. "I hope we are both in agrement that this device should be beamed as far away from Concordia, and the station as possible, before it has a chance to detonate. You have already proven it can be transported safely, thank the gods." Alan saw another nod, this one came a little slower, as if Mimas was thinking about his recent actions.

"The harmonic vibrations from the alloy are off the scale, which makes me think it must be super magnetic. The only think keeping it from sticking to any metal it is near, must be whatever is inside." Larson brain-stormed outloud. "When it goes boom, the outer shell, plus the insides are going stick to any metal surface. Even if we beam it out to maximum distance, its going to fly right back at us, and almost certainly slice through any shielding or force fields. We have to contain it, then beam it away, or just contain it, and hope for the best when and if it goes off. What do you think Mr. Mimas?"

Alan had a feeling that Mimas was the best person to help him in this situation, even though he didn't know him very well. Ensign Walking Bear was also there if they "hit the wall", so to speak. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:03 pm ]

Not waiting for a response from Karelia, Brackman moved to a console and tapped his earpiece.

=/\= Brackman to Larson, the ventilation and transports are beginning, could you give us a status report? Any new problems cropping up that we should know about? =/\= 

Author:  Mimas [ Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:10 pm ]

upon hearing brackmans question, Mimas looked at Larson.... shaking his head...

this is a security matter, untill we figure out who put this device here, no-one else should know about it...

he thought...

dont tell him we found this device, not just yet 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:30 pm ]

Science Lab, Concordia

Alan took his que from Mimas."You keep working on device containment, I'll stall Brackman, and help with venting."

=/\=Larson here, we vented the science labs, and the rest of this deck. I can manipulate the enviornmental controls from my work station faster than anywhere else on the ship. The station has better transporter ability, maybe you guys should focus on transporters.=/\=

"Get ready to site to site that thing to a torpedo tube if it looks like its gonna go. Hopefully the fragments will stick to the torpeado, and vaporize before it can make back here. That might be our only chance. I can help keep tabs on both situations. My mind actually works better if I have many things to focus on. Its my curse, and blessing."

=/\=Larson to bridge, you might want to get crewmembers out of the way on the decks listed for ventalation. The station can help you with transport locations and times. I will send the list now. Larson out.=/\= 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:43 pm ]

Fleet Admiral Karelia - Deck 27B, Medical Lab

"Progress on the Concordia is going smoothly. We're already to Deck 11, and we're beginning with transports on that deck. Energizing... their patterns are now in the transporter buffers. Commencing deck depressurization."

The atmosphere from Deck 11 was vented, and after the last of the deck was in complete vacuum with scans revealing no trace of the compound, the atmosphere was reintroduced to the deck. "Beginning exclusions... isolating compound and activating biofilters." Karelia paused for a moment, tapping a few buttons on the console. "Deck 11 crewmembers have been reconstituted and are clear of any infection. Moving to Deck 10." 

Author:  Naquv [ Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:59 pm ]

=A= Confirmed. Bridge out.=A= He brought the list up on his console. The next deck was deck 10. That was going to be relatively easy with only the tactical lab and shuttle bay.

=A= Bridge to deck 10, prepare for evacuation and transport following atmosphere ventilation.=A= Deck ten was evacuated, and was ventilated. Next came transport of all crewmen and therefore the filtering of the compound. it was all done even faster and more smoothly with help of the bridge. it was on to deck nine. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:48 am ]

Brackman noticed that Larson dodged his question about any other problems but didn't know what to make of it. He placed that thought away and watched as the cleansing continued. Working their way up, Deck Nine was soon finished and the transports for Deck Eight began, with the ventilation soon following. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:05 am ]

Alan thought to himself, "We have lost sight of the AI's effect on the station's systems, with all this transporting and venting. I hope the computer is not being overworked"

Even as the concern rolled through his mind, he brought up a third data stream on his console. He was now helping supervise the cleansing, dealing with the time bomb, and checking up on Brackman's "QAI". The more he had in front of him, the more effective he could be.

"Bring it on" Larson thought to himself 

Author:  Russel Hilliard [ Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:14 pm ]

Hilliard was in the habit of taking his new puppy, Rascal, to the Hub to attract more customers. He was a relatively small black and brown mutt. Nonetheless, he has had mutts all his life and thought they were in no way inferior to purebreds. he was very friendly and was always nice, no matter what species came in. he found any humans that came in were especially fond of his dog. Hilliard took Rascal to the holodeck on many occasions, often to a forest where he founds sticks for him to fetch. He found a quietness in the holodeck, where nobody could bother him. This quiet and serenity always seemed nothing short of perfection. He had tried the beach programs and the open fields. but the forest always suited him more. He was content, but on rare occasions felt a tinge of loneliness 

Author:  omannin [ Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:59 pm ]

Daniel's brow furrowed at the Chief of securities words, "so you don't honestly remember going berserk in the corridor and throwing your fellow crewmates about like you were tossing a salad?" As he spoke he began to scan the patient again with his medical tricorder, "and you don't remember barging in my office and deciding root beer wasn't the best beverage of choice?" He hesitated over the arm that had been healed and found no evidence of the fracture anymore.

"Computer," he said," please access Lieutenant Urban's neural scan." The computer quickly displayed the information and the doctor brows through the images and data charts tilting his head slightly as he did, "hmm nothing there that would indicate temporary memory loss. The Doctor looked at Urban, "you do remember what you told me don't you, about the nanoprobes in you system?" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:32 pm ]

Concordia, Sickbay

"You...........NO!.........I wouldnt tell anyone about that. Whats going on here doctor!. I have no memory of assaulting anyone, let alone tossing them around. All I remember was being on the bridge, borg attacked, I left the bridge to help defend the ship and protect engineering, then everything else is gone?. But If I really did tell you about my nanites then I must have had a good reason for it. But........I dont know. I know those who put these nanoprobes into me they said that if the nanoprobes malfunctioned it would have side effects, memory loss could be one of them. But other then that I cant explain what else could be it. If my nanoprobes malfunctioned and self repaired themselves, then the memory loss is permanent to protect themselves and me. But those who turned me into a human experiment said that even encountering the Borg wouldnt make my nanoprobes malfunction something else must have done it." Urban said completely confused as he just realized he blabbered out everything. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:07 pm ]

Continuing to coordinate her efforts with those of the Concordia, Danica saw that the purge of Brackman's chemical compound seemed to be proceeding apace. She began feeding the necessary data into the station's own systems, confident that the crises would be soon past, and that Dr. Brackman, whoever he was, and whomever he worked for, would soon be someone else's problem, leaving her at last to do the job she had been assigned to: assisting Chief Science Officer Fleech, wherever he might be. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:25 am ]

Science Lab, Concordia

As soon as Alan brought up information on "QAI", his console beeped and whistled. Mimas' did the same thing. It was not becsause of QAI, however.

The computer had figured out how to disarm the ticking device, and had done so. Mimas and Larson both breathed simaltanious sighs of relief.

"You can have that, if you want to try and figure out who left it here. I will work on the mystery as well. The data that we have collected in the past few minutes will be plenty for me. Take it away please, and put it wherever you security guys lock up stuff like that." Mimas nodded. "I just don't want it in my lab" Larson said.

He turned back to the data display. "Brackman's AI seems to be stable. Let's hope that lasts" Alan breathed out again loudly, and realized how tired he really was. It seemed like he had been working on all of the problems on Concodia for months.

He shut down the data streams from the time bomb, and the AI. That left only one, the incoming contamination status. The station and Concordia were both moments away from being safe again. He shut down that data stream as well, looked at the blank screen for a moment and said, "Mr. Mimas, I am going to bed, unless there is anything else I can help you with." he said this even as he moved toward the door. He hoped Mimas would not stop him.

"One last thing" he thought to himself. "I need to make sure the new CMO is okay before I turn in"

=/\=Larson to O'Mannin, I am going to bed, but don't hesitate to call, if ever you need me. I suggest you get some sleep too, as soon as your patients are stable. You deserve it.=/\=

Alan toyed with the idea of checking with the station and the bridge before he turned in. He decided that a duty log entry would suffice.

"They will call if they need me, besides I'm too tired" he thought to himself. "I may even sleep for a full four hours." 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:30 pm ]

"Well sir," the Doctor said, "you did tell me, about them after your first outburst." He continued to fuss with charts and graphs from the scans the EMH had performed in his absence and let his eyebrows bend in as he pondered each nuance presented. "It seems your little friends have gone rather amuck and have blocked your recollection of the events, does the name Doctor Brackman ring a bell?"

As he spoke his communication badge interrupted his thoughts, "that will be fine Ensign, thank you for your help. I can program the nanoprobes myself," he said thinking it would take him twice as long to do as it would the science officer, "oh and did you find out what was inside that device Ensign Mimas found?"

Than remembering one more important detail, "Larson Sir, have you gone through the Teloporter Exclusion yet, its important you know?" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:20 pm ]

omannin wrote:
"Well sir," the Doctor said, "you did tell me, about them after your first outburst." He continued to fuss with charts and graphs from the scans the EMH had performed in his absence and let his eyebrows bend in as he pondered each nuance presented. "It seems your little friends have gone rather amuck and have blocked your recollection of the events, does the name Doctor Brackman ring a bell?"

As he spoke his communication badge interrupted his thoughts, "that will be fine Ensign, thank you for your help. I can program the nanoprobes myself," he said thinking it would take him twice as long to do as it would the science officer, "oh and did you find out what was inside that device Ensign Mimas found?"

Than remembering one more important detail, "Larson Sir, have you gone through the Teloporter Exclusion yet, its important you know?"

"I do remember the name but I dont remember from where. Who is he? the name doesnt ring a bell nor me telling you about my nanoprobes nor me striking any superior officer. All I remember was the borg attack and coming onboard the Concordia." Urban said slightly confused still. 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:35 pm ]

"I do understand sir," the Doctor said looking at the Chief of Security. He did feel a bit sorry for him but he felt he could not let him loose on the crew, if he did what would be the result. "But I have an officer who was infected with these Damn nanoprobes and if I don't get him patched up soon he will look like an old earth hand made quilt, only instead of fabric it will be flesh and metal." He sighed and crossed his arms, "very well Lieutenant, since you are wanting to know so badly, Doctor Brackman has infected all of us with something, a chemical I believe, that is making all of us older by the minute," Daniel hesitated for moment for emphasis, "yourself probably the only exception thanks to your malfunctioning bugaboos someone was so kind to give you." His voice had a tone of sarcasm, not for Urban but for the scientist that had performed the procedure that had injected him. To make a long story short we are right now trying to vent all the contaminated air from our little floating home and than all of, including you are going for a short teleporter ride to extract the remains of Brackman's little mishap from our system. I also know we found a present left in one of the medical storage rooms, an explosive I believe the Ensigns Larson and Mimas were trying to figure out."

The doctor shook his head, "what puzzles me is why I was so quick to think the Borg was responsible for this whole mess, not the good Doctor," the archaism was back in his voice again. He thought for a moment about the whole ordeal with the CMO mysteriously being absent, Deck five needing to be evacuated and the whole experience with the Borg. It had all happened so quickly yet he had managed to keep his head screwed on at least a little straight. The crew had pitched in as best they could even though they each had their own jobs to do. Most of them that had started on duty were still there and some, including him had not left his post nor ate since it began.

Adrenalin was about the only think still keeping him going. The Doctor's emotions seemed to be getting the upper hand yet he knew it would have to be put into check. With Larson absent he would have to program the nanoprobes himself and he knew it had to be done now. Every moment he spent trying to talk to Urban was one he did not have to address the Commanders needs with his aging body. Even as he spoke crew members were showing up with symptoms more like eighty year olds than young officers. Each would have to take their turn being teleported to the station and than finally back again. He would probably be last seeing he would have to oversee all the patients still under his care.

"Look," he began again, "I am sorry if you felt I was out of line but I have more to worry about than your memory loss at the moment. The commander needs my assistance; I have nanoprobes to program, radiation treatments to start and a hundred other things on my plate. So if you will excuse me I need to be taking care of them and no you cannot return to duty, no you can't use amnesia as an excuse to get back on. I will try to get to your situation as soon as I can but you will have to wait. Now, if you want to do something you can use my office for the moment to get your security team to sweep for any more of the devices Ensign Mimas found before the Concordia becomes nothing more than a floating pile of rubble.

He turned and began walking over to the commander, "no, let's make sure that hip is set right sir and than get this thing out of your system." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:16 pm ]

Brackman had been watching as the final decks of the Concordia were ventilated and the last personnel transported, when he received a message on his wrist device. Quickly scanning over it, he just made a note to himself to mention it to the admirals after this ordeal was over.

When he looked back up, the Concordia's ventilations and transporter exclusions were complete and everyone was back in their place. The station's own ventilations and transports were beginning at high speed, to prevent the chemical from spreading through every area of the station.

Brackman double-checked that he was to be excluded, since he would most certainly die if the transporter exclusion were to happen to him and confirmed it quickly. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:02 am ]

Turbolift, Concordia

=/\=I forgot all about that, Doctor. I would be remiss if I excluded myself from the exclusions, so to speak. You need to put our bald friend in charge for a spell, and take that short hop to the station as well. I'm on the way to the transporters now. Thanks for the reminder.=/\= "Computer, take me to transporter room 2 instead of my quarters"

=/\=As for the device, Mimas and I have disarmed it for now and will study it further when time permits. You should put in a request for station medics to assist you with the wounded, so that you can focus on programing those nanoprobes. Larson out.=/\=

The doors split open and Alan got in line for his trip to and from the station. He thought about how uncharacteristicly tired he was.

"You six are next" The transporter chief said flatly. Larson guessed the same trip back and forth was getting to be old hat for him.He dissappered, and found himself on the transporter pad in the station."Just hold still" an equally flat transporter tech said to his group. "You will be back on board in a jiffy"

Larson stepped off of the pad back on Concordia, and felt like a new man. The transporter had wiped away Brackman's cursed compound, and taken his fatiuge with it. "Maybe I can still be of use" he thought

=/\=Larson to O'Mannin. Doctor, if I can be of assistance with those nanoprobes, I am certainly able. The transporter put a sping back in my step. There is no way I could sleep now. You do really need to take your turn. It works wonders.=/\= 

Author:  Naquv [ Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:25 pm ]

Naquv was one of the last to be transported to the station and back. the feeling of being transported always made him think of the whole process of being transported, from the tingling from his head to his feet. The transporter chief at the station seemed unhappy. He first thought that he was a weak-spirited being, but a spark of (non telepathic) empathy made him think. He was probably at it for hours straight, not a chance to eat or sit down. He hoped someone would replace him. After entertaining that thought for a while, he realized that he worked past his shift by three hours. he thought for a minute. the engineering section had the QAI, Sciences had some nanoprobes to program for Urban and co. Tactical had a time bomb to get rid of, and medical had to take care of Urban, Commander Shepard, and all the others that had ailments. They all were very difficult tasks that probably required the senior officers, and those officers were on duty at least as long as he was. he decided that medical had the most things to do, and he was part of the crew, so he needed to help his fellow crewmates. it was his obligation to help so he called.
=A= Naquv to medical department, there seems to be a number of tasks to be done in your department. i assume your head has been on duty for some time, and if i am correct i ask if there is anything i could help with?=A= 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:27 pm ]

Faraness had been monitoring the status of both the station and the Concordia from her office. She watched as the ship was vacuumed clean deck by deck by the transporters. But she wondered what would happen with the station...

"Faraness to Admiral Karelia," she said while tapping her commbadge, "I see that the Concordia has just finished being decontaminated. Good work sir. But i do ask, how will you vent the station. We are a lot bigger than the Concordia and the crew and civilians are all starting to worry about the quarantine. Over 300 people are being treated for the outbreak in the various med decks." 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:31 pm ]

Starbase Vernemeton Ops Centre

Saul leaned heavily on the centre ops console. It had become obvious that he was one of the many infected by this virus of Brackman's some time ago, but every time one of the medical personnel insisted that he accompany them down to the nearest infirmary, he flat out refused. He'd endured many things during his life, and while this virus might cause him a high level of annoyance at the medical staff as well as it's other symptoms, it wasn't something that he couldn't ignore for the time being - he was the senior officer in Ops, and he needed to ensure that the station was running smoothly, even through this situation. They had already had one disgruntled civilian trying to smash something up since the medical quarantine was announced.

He threw a glare with pure daggers in it at the latest medical officer to begin to approach him, not even feeling sorry for the poor man who must have picked the short straw anymore.

Standing straight, he turned to the nearest officer in yellow. "Have we had that power relay rerouted on Deck 36 yet?" he asked, referring to the incident with the civilian earlier.

The young man nodded. "Yes Commander, we've re-routed it through some of the less-utilised power relays on nearby decks."

"Alright, instruct security to make sure that we don't have any other incidents. I want this quarantine to end just as much as they do."

"Yes Commander."

Turning back round to the central console, Saul sighed. It had been a long shift, and it didn't look like it would be ending in the next five minutes. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:34 am ]

Commander ian Shepard - Deck 5, Concordia's Sickbay

Ian felt the familiar tingle of the transporter as the last of the ship's personnel were decontaminated. He rematerialized in his exact previous location, and immediately felt revitalized, as if the transporter restored something in his that had gone missing. He immediately stood up, given that the osteogenesis coupled with removal of the aging compound had returned to him his energy. "Finally!" he said, somewhat louder than expected. "I really appreciate all the help, Doc."

He barely waited to see the doctor's response before stepping out of the room, as Shepard was nearly hyperactive with his newfound energy. He turned for the turbolift, deciding his bridge had been without him for far too long. 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:51 am ]

Fleet Admiral Karelia - Deck 27B, Medical Lab, Starbase 384

Karelia subtly fiddled with the isolinear chip in his pocket. "I've got a million reports to write," he stated to the medical and science teams in the lab, "and it sounds like you folks can handle it from here." Karelia stepped to a console and programmed a site-to-site transport, complete with compound exclusions. After all, there was no use in spreading the infection unnecessarily. Normally, he would have walked, but these were special circumstances. He programmed his destination, and began the energizing process...

...rematerializing onboard the Cardinal Virtue, his personal vessel. Able to drop his unassuming facade, his face began to display the worry that he was feeling. He was barely able to contain the fact that he had a very good idea who was really behind the compound's creation. He stepped through the forward hatch into the cockpit area, and sat down at the primary controls. Karelia retrieved the isolinear chip from his pocket and inserted it into the console, beginning a transfer of all gathered data on the compound to the ship's computer. Starfleet had no authority onboard this vessel, and it was the only place safe from Section 31's reach. Even they would have a hard time justifying (or even pulling off) a search of a Fleet Admiral's personal starship.

"I've got to give it a little time," he thought to himself, "but I know exactly who to take this to." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:32 am ]

Brackman left the medical lab as well, since the situation was out of his hands. He headed back to his shuttle, where he took off his gas mask and air tank. Charles was still occupied with the repairs.

"QAI, prepare to conduct the memory core wipes as soon as the chemical has been reduced to neglegible levels."

Charles spoke up as Brackman finished his command. "I would like to know something, Dr. Brackman. If you are in control of the SC-2, can I presume that the installation that you worked at is destroyed?"

Brackman gave a heavy sigh and nodded.

Charles raised his eyebrows. "I can't imagine the Federation's secret agencies were happy with that. I suppose, fortunately, that there are other facilities that received the research from QAI. To have the central facility lost must have been quite a blow still."

"It was. The only reason I wasn't reassigned to one of them is because I was the only remaining person who was involved with the Catalyst Project. Its recovery was the Federation's top priority for the last few years and it seems I have unwittingly stumbled upon its location."

Brackman noticed that the conversation was deviating from the work and decided to help with the repairs.

"QAI, send a message to the Intelligence Chief that she should try to get our supplies attached to the next shipment. We have to resume our search as soon as we can." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:51 am ]

Turbolift, Concordia

Alan stepped into the lift. "Deck 13, please" he said. He felt the lift begin to move, and awaited the doctor's responce. He guessed O'Mannin would want his help, hence his trip to the science lab. If he was going to program nanoprobes, he wanted his own tools. Not to mention the fact that he had been spending alot of time in sickbay. He wanted to check in with his department, now that things were starting to get back to normal. 

Author:  omannin [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:39 pm ]

Sickbay-Concordia

The Chief medical officer was beginning to feel the full effects of his long shift and the emotional energy drain from all the activity. It was not something he enjoyed doing, juggling so many tasks in the air at a time yet he was proficient enough to be able to pull it off. Asking for help, especially from those not part of the ships crew had not even entered his mind yet he knew every medical officer would have worked just as long and hard as himself and needed a bit of a break. His would have to wait at least until the one crew member infected with the Borg's favorite hostess gifts had begun his treatment.

"I will do just that," he said in response to the Science officer's suggestion of requesting help from the station. He knew however they would have their own hands full with cases of chemical educed premature aging, "I'm not sure how willing they will be to send personnel here at the moment but it is worth a try."

The device had been neutralized, at least for the time being and that fact eased his mind, no more surprises please, he thought to himself.

"all right," the doctor said with a smile returning to his face, "Lieutenant Urban let's get you down to the transporters, perhaps a little molecular rearrangement might jog that memory of yours, just give me a minute to get things in order here."

Turning around he walked over to the EMH, "your in charge for a bit you lucky devil, I have to go for a ride and I'll be right back," he turned again and began to walk away than remembered something else, "oh and make sure the staff all get down to the tramsporter room."

"Yes Doctor O'Mannin the holographic medical officer responded returning to his own work.

"Now," he said to the security officer, "how about it, you coming or am I going to have to keep you here indefinitely?" There was a smile on his face as he spoke the Urban. So much had happened since annoying blare of red alert had sounded and the Doctor had found himself sucked right into the whirlwind along with the rest of the crew. His emotions had gone for an extreme rollercoaster ride in spite of his of his best efforts to keep them in check. Mimas seemed to be aware of that yet he was not sure how. Vucans are usually devoid of emotions, he thought , at least they can hide them better than I can.

He thought about the peculiarity of Mimas knowing abut Urban's condition in the holographic chamber while he himself was in his quarters and made a mental note to have that conversation with Mimas that the officer had requested, but it still would have to wait.

He stepped out of Sickbay and made his way to the turbolift, "Coming Lieutenant," he asked trying to make some conversation on their way.

Brian smiled at the offer of help from Ensign Larson. It was well received but he knew the man must be experiencing the same stress factors as himself, "I'm on my way Ensign thanks for the reminder." O'Mannin looked down at the floor for a moment than raised his gaze up again "Transporter room two," he stated as the doors closed behind him, "I would be glad for your assistance Sir but only if you feel up to it Ensign, I am sure you could make much shorter work of it than I can." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:53 pm ]

Sickbay - Concordia

"Dont threaten the security cheif, it wouldnt bode well for you." Urban said as he left the room and headed for the transporter room, their he was transported back and forth from the station and back again.

"Hmmmmmm, Still dont remember anything about this Brackman character nor hitting Ian, but I do remember hitting you, Doctor." Urban said with a half smile on his face as he left the transporter room heading for the bridge, he knew he was off duty for long enough. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:56 pm ]

Science Lab, Concordia

There were two science officers in the lab that Larson barely knew, proof that he was deep into a duty shift that was not his. These men were at work when Alan was normally asleep(or tring to sleep). They seemed surprised to see him, and straghted up a bit a his presence. After all, he was Lt. Martin's right hand man, and they knew it.

He moved toward his storage locker as he spoke. "Have either of you seen or heard from Lt.Martin?" They both shook their heads, and one, Enisgn Turner, spoke up."No, Mr.Larson, after our transporter trip, we received orders from ops to run system-wide diagnoistics. We are looking for any sign of Borg damage, or sabatoge.

Larson closed his locker. The locking device made a beep, letting him know the security mesures were in place. For some reason he hated the thought of someone else using his tools.

"Those sound like good orders to me" he said as he moved toward his console for a brief look at the current duty logs."If you find anything, or have any problems, or questions, report to me, please. I am pulling double duty today, and will be assisting Dr. O'Mannin in sickbay. Lt. Martin has been dealing with wounded for hours, and is taking a well deserved rest." Both men looked at him and nodded. "Good hunting, boys" he said with a smile, as the doors parted for his exit. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:13 am ]

Commander Ian Shepard - Bridge, U.S.S. Concordia

Shepard stepped back onto the bridge, running his hand along the railing as he rounded the end and sat in his command seat. He called up a report on the progress of the decontamination procedure, and was pleased to see that all decks had been cleared and all crew cured.

He looked over his shoulder to see Ensign Naquv standing dutifully at his post. "Mr. Naquv," he said, getting the officer's attention. "You've been keeping my bridge intact, I assume?" 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:28 am ]

Fleet Admiral Karelia - Cockpit, Cardinal Virtue

Karelia ran his fingers over the alien controls with expert ease. "Computer, encrypt all new files with a maximum-level fractal pattern. Restrict access to myself only." The computer chimed in a similarly alien tone to acknowledge the request.

Will stood from the controls, tapped a few buttons to place the ship on low-power standby, and left the cockpit. Two doors down and to the right, he entered the cargo bay. There, he stepped onto the utility transporter pad and set his coordinates for the administrative deck. Will pressed the energize button, and a few moments later, he disappeared in a shimmer of green light. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:20 am ]

Sickbay, Concordia

Alan stepped out of the turbolift onto deck five, and made his way to sickbay. The doors slid open, and he moved into the room. He looked around, and did not see the doctor. "He must be transorting"Alan thought as he spotted the EMH "I guess I am going to have deal with Dr. Baldy until O'Mannin gets back, great!"

He slinked up to hologram, who was examining the Borg infected crewman, and didn't notice him. He cleared his throat. "Uh hum, Uhh Mr. uh EMH..." Larson started. The hologram looked up, and said "Oh, its you again. What do you want now, or maybe you can just tell the computer to tell me what you need?" This of course, was a snotty reference to the verbal exchange he had with the EMH eariler, just before Commander Shepard passed out.

"I hope O'Mannin gets back soon" Alan thought to himself. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  omannin [ Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:59 pm ]

Sickbay, Concordia

Daniel chuckled at Urban's remark about insulting Security personnel. He shook his head and walked the short distance to the portion of the ship designated for medical personnel. He glanced about the bay hoping that somehow all his troubles had vanished as easily as the teleporter had removed the chemicals from his system. They were not, everything was as he had left it minus the Chief of Security, the Commander and the others who had undergone the molecular siphoning process and had been returned to good health.

At the now infamous biobed stood the EMH and Ensign Larson. The Doctor let a smile cross his face as he walked over to greet the science officer, "I see you two are getting better acquainted?" The remark was intended to be humorous but the EMH didn't take it so.

"Sure," the computerized image said, "becoming best chums."

The Doctor looked at Larson with a knowing grin, "perhaps I could pull you away for a moment Ensign, I have some pest control to discuss with you." Daniel did not wait for a reply knowing the Science officer would be more than willing to disengage from his banter with the hologram.

Things were beginning to feel more normal. Explanations had been given for nearly everything yet it did not empty the beds in his ward. Feelings of resentment towards a certain Doctor Brackman were beginning to surface and Daniel did his best to pin them deeply inside to they would not interfere with the duties at hand.

When he reached his office he sat heavily in his seat and let out a audible sigh. Soon things would return to normal, at least he thought, and he could get some well deserved rest. He took the box of Nanites off his desk and placed them on his lap for the time being and than remembered he had something he should address first.

"Computer," he began, "Please open a channel with the medical staff at Starbase 384." The computer chimed and soon the image a dark haired woman the familiar teal uniform appeared.

"Ensign Heppner sir," she said with a slight smile, "how can I help you."

"Ensign," Daniel said, "this is Doctor O'Mannin, I was wondering if you could spare a few medical personnel to relieve some of my staff? Some have been on duty now since the incident began are getting a bit worn out."

"Understood Doctor," she said, "I will talk to Doctor Greenwood about this and someone will get back with you."

"Thank you Ensign Heppner," O'Mannin said, "have a nice shift." The woman nodded and the line disconnected.

On his desk sat the uneaten food that was now cold and more than a bit wet from the root beer incident. He shook his head as he thought about how he would need to discard a perfectly good meal.

"Well Ensign," he said addressing the science officer, "are you ready to get started on this?" 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:26 pm ]

CMO's office, Concordia

"I've looked in on the science lab, and picked up my tools while there." He raised his arm a bit to show the doctor the small case he had in his hand. "So I guess I'm all yours." Alan said with a smile. "Where shall we begin?' 

Author:  Mimas [ Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:41 pm ]

uss concordia
personal quarters
=============

After disarming the timing device, Mimas had retreated himself to his quarters.
He was exhausted.

l'm not fit for these long hours, he thought and took a long sonic shower, and sat on the cushon, dressed in a Betazed bathrobe.

lets meditate

"computer, hold all calls for the next 6 hours, except dr Omannin."

"confirmed" 

Author:  omannin [ Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:39 pm ]

Daniel looked up at Larson as he entered his office. He smiled and held out the container of he had been holding, "Sort of like a digital ant farm," he mused out loud. "I'll send all the data we have on the nanoprobes already in our patient, I think you already know what were up to here." Turning his attention to the console for a moment he pushed a few buttons, "there," he said, " and we need a force field set up before we begin the radiation treatments. I have to do some correspondence with Starfleet Medical before we actually begin... protocol stuff but I am sure there won't be any real issues there." What the doctor was thinking was they didn't want to loose crewmen any more than he did and that they definitely didn't want a drone on their hands. With that thought in mind he added, "I know this has to be done quickly but don't cut corner, nothing worse than adding we need to get rid the pest, not encourage them."

Oh and I need to get with Ensign Mimas, he thought, can't put that off too much longer. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:04 pm ]

"No problem, Doc. I have read alot about these little buggers, and even worked on a group project at the Academy in my final year that involved nanite programing and funtions."

The Doctor nodded, as if he was interested in Larson's Academy project, but he could tell O'Mannin was thinking about something else. Considering all the Doctor had been through, and everthing left on his plate, Alan could not blame him for having his mind elsewhere. He gave the Doctor an out. Heaven knows, he needed one.

"Anyway, I'm all set here. I'll program these nanites, and test them on an infected blood sample. If eveything goes alright, I'll call you so we can inject them into our friend over there. You should take another pass at that food replicator, or hit the mess hall. The last duty log I read said it's open for food again, instead of medical treatment. This will take at least half an hour. Take a break Doc, I won't tell anyone" Larson said with a wink. 

Author:  omannin [ Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:30 am ]

"Take a break,"the words were inviting and the idea of food my what a just as tempting. He pondered his options for a moment and nodded again at the science officer.

"I think I just might do that ," he said with a smile than remembered the call to Starfleet medical and his talk with Minas. Perhaps I can get the call to Starfleet Med done quickly and than invite Minas to join me in the mess hall, he thought, now that might just work.

"I'll take care of my call to the medical brass first and than head to the mess hall for a bite of something.... Haven't eaten anything since that Doctor Brackman came aboard."

The more he thought about the man the more he disliked him. He still was not sure if the "accident" was just that or some type of mad experiment done for "scientific purposes" on the crew of his star ship. Either possibility was less than acceptable to doctor.

"Better let you get at it than Larson," he said this time without the rank, "otherwise we'll both be here come the next duty cycle."

He waited for the Ensign to leave the room and than began the dreaded task of calling Starfleet Medical. "Computer," he said, "open a secure channel to Starfleet Medical, Doctor William Curtis. "

"Acknowledged," digitized female voice said in its predictable manor.

Soon the face of a grey haired human popped up on the Com, "Doctor Richard Thomas here, Doctor Curtis is unavailable," the man said looking a bit puzzled, "I wasn't expecting to hear from you Ensign O'Mannin what can I help you with."

Daniel was more than a bit surprised at the pleasant tone of the man's voice. He had taken a few classes from him and had found him harsh and rather demanding. To be honest he would have much preferred to deal with Doctor Curtis but under the circumstances he was happy to talk to anybody. "Well sir I am sending the particulars regarding a patient of mine," he said not bothering to address the discrepancies between the rank he now held and the one the senior offer had used. "I am requesting permission to try a slightly different treatment for Borg nanoprobes considering the neural trauma the patient has suffered. I do not honestly believe he could withstand all the necessary radiation to destroy the nanoprobes so what I would like to do is have permission to inject him with specially programmed nanoprobes first to neutralize those already in his system. Than what I propose to replace the patient's blood with artificial blood with the specification I am also providing to remove as many of the microscopic computers before beginning radiation treatment." O'Mannin paused for a moment as the older man took a look at the information he had already sent, "I believe this will allow us to use less radiation to neutralize the remaining nanites and thus produce a better outcome for this particular patient."

Doctor Thomas nodded, "I see," he said, "let me run this passed a few of my colleagues but I believe this will be acceptable."

Daniel sighed, "thank you Doctor, but please, I need to know as soon as possible. Much has happened since we were boarded and so time is of the essence."

"I understand your concern Ensign," the man said, "but it is better to take our time on such things rather than to rush into them."

"Agreed," the Chief Medical Officer said still not addressing the rank issue.

"I'll get back with you as soon as I can," Doctor Thomas said and the connection terminated.

Daniel shook his head. It was unlikely that Doctor Thomas would move quickly on his request. Thomas was the type of person who had to make sure every i was dotted and every t was crossed, twice and sometimes three times. Often when doing simulations the Doctor would criticize Daniel for moving too quickly or making too hasty of a decision even when the diagnosis was correct and the outcome was good. But Daniel would have to leave the matter for the senior officers to decided, otherwise he might end up in more trouble than he could possibly imagine.

With the unpleasant task of requesting permission completed he tapped his communication badge, "Doctor O'Mannin to Ensign Mimas, I have a some time if you would like to meet me in the mess hall sir," he said, "we can have that discussion if you would like?" 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:44 am ]

Science Lab, Concordia

Alan reentered the lab to find the same two crewmen, pouring over data from every system. They barely noticed him come in. He knew by looking at them, that they were lost deep in the data stream. This happened to him all the time, most often with diagnostic data. You focus on the data so hard that your physical awarness slips away a little.

Larson spoke to break the spell,"You guys find anything?"

"Nothing yet." Turner said "Whatcha' got there" he continued, looking at Alan's box of nanites

"A project I'm working on for the medical team. I'll let you know if I need any help. I am going to use the imaging equipment in Lt. Martins office. It is more suited for my work at this moment. Let me know if you need any help." He said as the office door closed behind him.

Lt. Martin's imager was better, but Larson really wanted to keep the treatment to himself. If he had learned anything from O'Mannin, it was to keep a patient's condition and treatment between the doctor and the patient. He was sure that O'Mannin would not want any roumors going around about crewmembers being injected with nanites. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:14 am ]

The day finally ended. Both Starbase 384 and the U.S.S Concordia had been cleaned out of all traces of the contaminent named chemical X by Doctor Brackman. There were sighs of relieve everywhere as infected officers and civilians recovered. The team on the station working the overtime to fix the problem were given 2 days leave by Captain Faraness and the crew of the U.S.S Concordia was given a days rest to recooperate. All officers both from the station and the starship, were commended for their efforts.

END EPISODE 1: "All Roads Lead to Sol" 

Author:  Mimas [ Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:54 am ]

only the officers...?   
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet