• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Episode 2: "Subroutine"

Started by Vorak, September 30, 2010, 08:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:48 am ]
Post subject:  Episode 2: "Subroutine"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a few weeks now since the quarantine cause by chemical X. The station has settled down, however a few of the senior officers had requested a transfer back to Earth and the Alpha Quadrant and Captain Faraness was busy working on selecting her new senior staff. Things were slowly getting back to normal. Or so it seemed...

Faraness had been working through applications all day for the new positions available on her senior staff on the station. Over half her senior staff transfered back to the Alpha quadrant for various reasons most being the excuse of being 'home sick', however that didnt phase Faraness one bit. She looked through the applications for a new Chief of Security, Chief of Operations (Chief Engineer) and a Chief Medical Officer. She had already chosen who was to take the place of her Executive Officer as she didnt not yet have one, and her Chief Science Officer.

Faraness decided to take a break and take a strole down to the promenade. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author:  Argus [ Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Station Episode 1.2: Battle of the AI's

...Argus was down on the promenade sniffing out new things to play with as his program resorted back to his playful self. Choosing not to communicate with anyone, he found himself a shiny ball that kept rolling all over the ground and he tried to catch it, but it kept rolling out of reach of his paws, he perked up as the ball continued to roll and Argus perked his head up and started to paw at the ball that wouldnt stop moving, so he decided to pounce at it instead, finally catching the shiny ball he started to chew on it contently as he laid their in the middle of the Promenade, smack dab in the middle of people's way... 

Author:  Aluura [ Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:22 am ]

The excitment of setting up her table faded shortly after her first look around the station a few weeks ago. Aluura decided it was a better idea to get to know her surroudings and the people around her before she rushed right into opening up her table for play. She had to make sure this was the right place for Dabo.

Aluura took walks on the promenade every afternoon, to take in the sights. Mostly she saw off duty Starfleet officers, and civilan support staff. They shopped, ate, and socialized like most places.

Every once in a while she saw a robotic dog of some kind. Today it was plaing with a ball. "Just like a real dog", she thought. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:01 pm ]

Brackman's shuttlecraft was almost fully repaired, with the required materials having been shipped to the station only days after the incident that had caused such significant damage. Since then, Brackman had been lying low, not wanting to draw any unnecessary attention, and had stayed in his shuttle for most of the time, continuing with repairs. Strong security measures were still in place; guards at the shuttlebay doors and forcefields surrounding the shuttlebay were just the lesser measures.

Unfortunately, Brackman would soon have to discuss with Rangwere his future on the station. The location of the Catalyst Project was too important to endanger and Brackman needed to secure his place on the station.

However, Brackman had several wild cards to play - his assignment to the station as a civilian scientist being the one he was most intent on using. Starfleet did not have a complete monopoly over the Federation, with a multitude of smaller civilian organization contributing to research for the Federation. Brackman planned to cite his membership in several of such institutions - which were authentic and a few highly praised - in order to cement a position on the station. After repairs had begun on his shuttle, Brackman had secured the paperwork that allowed him to stay on the station, which usually took months to process and verify, due to the frontier nature of the station, but he had in a matter of days.

It would be difficult to argue against Brackman's intentions to remain, with such a variety of other civilians on the station as well, including the Ferengi. Brackman was amused at the thought of being denied a place while the Ferengi were setting up shop. 

Author:  Argus [ Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:38 pm ]

...Argus perked his head up once again but this time the ball was in his mouth, he looked around and saw many familiar faces, but for some reason today was going to be slightly more fun. He saw a humanoid sneak up and snatch something from the strange female humanoid. Forgetting his ball, Argus immediately went into attack mode and charged towards the humanoid. Argus was enjoying the chase but the unfortunate theif wasnt. Soon Argus was able to over take him as he tumbled to the ground and Argus pounced on the theif and began to growl menacingly at him, Razor sharp metal teeth snapped within inches of the terrified humanoids face...

"Score one up for Argus." a security guard said as he and another security officer picked up the unfortunate theif.

<Giving a single sharp bark, he went up to pick up the bag that was stolen in his mouth and began to walk towards the woman and his ball>

"That is one robot I am GLAD! to have onboard, makes our jobs easier." the security guard said as they hauled him off to the brig.

<Argus walked up to the woman known as Aluura according to his databanks that is and dropped the bag in front of her, then grabbed his ball and went over to his spot in the middle of the walk way to chew on it contently> 

Author:  Aluura [ Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Episode 2: "Subroutine"

"Well I'll be a monkey's midwife", Aluura said, just after the robot dog returned her bag. "Maybe this is a good place to set up my table......" , she thought to herself. 

Author:  Argus [ Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:44 pm ]

...Argus continued to chew on his ball trying to figure out what a 'Monkey's midwife' was. He got up and took his ball over to Aluura and dropped it in front of her. Then dropping to the ground on his front legs he began to wag his tail and breath heavily and barked playfully at Aluura as he charged the ball but stopped close to it and barked once more before running off to the close distance and turned around sharply dropping his front again with his butt in the air wagging his tail, indicating she should throw the ball... 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:02 pm ]

Brackman finished adapting the last of the shipped equipment for compatibility with his shuttle. He and Charles only had to install the remaining parts and repairs would be complete. Having made the decision to talk with Rangwere before then, Brackman asked QAI for Rangwere's currently location. He headed to the promenade after looking at the map QAI brought up.

Arriving shortly, he noticed Argus (whose name he had eventually picked up from the security guards) playing with a metal ball roughly the size of a fist. A woman nearby seemed to be talking with Argus. Brackman thought about approaching when he saw Rangwere with his periphral vision. Turning, he headed toward her. 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:26 pm ]

Stretching as he stepped out of his quarters, Saul heard a satisfying set of small cracks in his spine which always accompanied a relaxing feeling. Taking a brief look to either side, he set off down the corridor on his usual pre-duty walk around the station. Officially his shoreleave finished today, but he'd been doing his walks even during his shoreleave - on-duty wasn't work times for Saul, it seemed to be his permanent state of mind, especially since the Dominion War.

While inspecting the station wasn't on the official duty list of the Strategic Operations Chief, he enjoyed seeing what the residents of the station were up to, and it pleased him at how quickly the frontier station was growing. There were by now familiar faces too, of the senior staff and a few of the civilians, such as bar owners, Argus, and Doctor Brackman among others, though the Doctor had lately been spending more time in his shuttle than around the station - Saul had checked up on him through the computer systems a few times since the incident with that odd chemical. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:40 am ]

Faraness was strolling around the promenade just looking around and enjoying her much needed break from her desk. She watched as Argus took control of a situation involving a purse snatcher and a civilian. Then turned and noticed Dr Brackman heading straight towards her.

She walkked towards him as if to lessen his journey.

"Good morning Dr Brackman," she said with a smile, "Good to see you out of your shuttle for once. How are the repairs going along?" Faraness had been watching Brackmans progress closely but still thought it would be good for small chat. She wished to get along with everyone on the station. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:01 pm ]

Brackman slowed to a stop in front of Rangwere and gave a practiced smile as he said, "The repairs are almost complete, thank you. It was fortunate the repair supplies arrived so quickly. There is another matter I wish to discuss, however."

"While I realize my presense on the station has caused a few stressful situations, I would like to request a place on the station, to study this region of space. It is an unexplored area, as you well know, and holds many new phenomena to discover. I wish to partake in these new discoveries and having this station as a base to work from would greatly help towards that goal. I hope you do not hold the past against me, as those matters were out of my hands." 

Author:  Aluura [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:11 am ]

"Okay, I'll play." Aluura said, as she picked up the ball. "I love games!" She moved toward the closest wall, where there were no people ahead of her, and let the ball fly..

What happened next amazed her, and all the other onlookers.

(((OOC: Okay, Argus, heres your chance to do something really cool..  ))) 

Author:  Argus [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:03 am ]

...Argus's ears perked up and ran towards the ball as it flew in midair, noticing the ball bounce off Bulk heads and beams, he quickly calculated the right speed and trajectory of the ball and where it may end up, he jumped threw the air onto the closest beam and jumped from one beam or bulk head to another with remarkable speed, he re-aquired the ball with his sensors and jumped out into mid air almost 30ft off the ground, catching the ball in his mouth, he tumbled as he hit the ground while still holding the ball in his mouth...

...Argus ran towards Aluura with ball in mouth, he ran with such speed that his legs gave out from his rear end and slid the rest of the way to Aluura's feet and dropped the ball, he perked his head up and looked at her waiting to see what she would do next... 

Author:  Aluura [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:42 am ]

Aluura just stood with her mouth open, as the ball stopped at her feet. "Wow!", she finally said "I will throw the ball again if you really want, but I don't think you can top that last catch" 

Author:  Argus [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:03 am ]

...Giving out a single bark, he ran about 10 ft away before turning around sharply waiting for her to throw the ball again... 

Author:  Aluura [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:10 am ]

Aluura picked up the ball and threw it high and long. There was extra space, because they had backed up to watch his first catch. 

Author:  Argus [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:22 am ]

...The second the ball left Aluura's hand, Argus jumped up onto the Bulk heads and beams once again getting higher and higher as it went, 30 ft up and their was no more beam space, so he jumped out and used his rocket boosters to give him extra height as he flew threw the air and caught the ball 50ft up, then his boosters failed. He began to fall, but luckily he saw a beam and was able to push off it, to slow his descent as he jumped from one beam to another as he hit the ground, but as he hit and tumbled his way through the crowd his boosters kicked in at the worst time ever, anc caused Argus to go extremely fast, forcing him to skid on his rear from the force of the speed, he quickly turned to his side and hit the ball hoping the mass of his side would soften any crushing damage from the accidently speed boost. He just sat their with the ball in his mouth and tried to get up but was unable too as he fell back down to the ground, his chin sticking out and his eyes rolling around and around as he tried to maintain his focus... 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:42 am ]

Faraness listened to Brackmans request and gave it a few seconds thought. She was about to reply when she saw Argus jumping into the air and bouncing off the bulheads to grab ball. She decided to let it slide and again was about to give her response when she saw Argus do it again, this time using some form of rocket boosters to get more air off the ground.

"Mr Brackman, im going to have to think about letting you stay on the station. I may even have to bring it up with the other members of Starfleet Command on the station. I am sorry but i must see to this incident." She briskly said trying not to be rude but keeping her attention on Argus to make sure noone had been hurt.

She turned and headed for the direction of the small crowd now gathering around Argus.

"Argus!" she exclaimed, "How about you stop doing that before you get someone hurt. I dont feel like having any more paperwork to fill out today." She turned to see a young lady standing inside the circle of the crowd as if she was the person who threw the ball for Argus in the first place.

"And who might you be young miss?" she said with a curious look on her face. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:49 am ]

Brackman nodded and turned to see what was going on behind him. It seemed a crowd had gathered around Argus and the woman Brackman had noticed earlier while he and Rangwere were talking. He decided to watch and see how this would turn out. 

Author:  Aluura [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:48 pm ]

"I am Aluura, Captain, a visitor to your station. I am considering opening up a business here. Tell me, does this charming little dog work for you?" 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Argus [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:31 pm ]

Faraness Rangwere wrote:
Faraness listened to Brackmans request and gave it a few seconds thought. She was about to reply when she saw Argus jumping into the air and bouncing off the bulheads to grab ball. She decided to let it slide and again was about to give her response when she saw Argus do it again, this time using some form of rocket boosters to get more air off the ground.

"Mr Brackman, im going to have to think about letting you stay on the station. I may even have to bring it up with the other members of Starfleet Command on the station. I am sorry but i must see to this incident." She briskly said trying not to be rude but keeping her attention on Argus to make sure noone had been hurt.

She turned and headed for the direction of the small crowd now gathering around Argus.

"Argus!" she exclaimed, "How about you stop doing that before you get someone hurt. I dont feel like having any more paperwork to fill out today." She turned to see a young lady standing inside the circle of the crowd as if she was the person who threw the ball for Argus in the first place.

"And who might you be young miss?" she said with a curious look on her face.

...Argus managed to get himself up and heard Rangwere's voice, he decided to get up and rush to Rangwere's side, sitting immediately beside her...

<Giving a sharp bark before looking between Rangwere and Aluura> 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:01 pm ]

"I wouldn't say 'works for' would be the correct term." Saul said, stepping in having also seen the mess of Argus' last landing. "More... hangs around and helps." he explained, nodding towards the mechanical dog. His temper had calmed down from the last time he had seen the robotic canine, but he still didn't know what to think of the information passed on by him.

"Captain." he said, achknowledging his CO's presence with a nod. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:25 am ]

"Argus is very helpfull. You could say he is the resident station watchdog." Faraness laughed at her own failed attempt of humour. She turned towards Saul at he entered the conversation and greeted her.

"Ah just the man I wanted to see." she said while getting back to thinking about her senior staff openings. As soon as Argus stopped and came by the side of the captain, the crowd dissipated and the promenade started buzzing again.

"Mr Karrath i'm happy to announce your new position on the station," she said while turning and facing him in a professional manner, "Congratulations your the new station Executive Officer." She smiled waiting for the response of her new XO. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:11 am ]

Brackman was about the leave the promenade when he saw someone who looked familiar out of the corner of his eye. He turned and followed the mystery person, who seemed to be in a hurry. Brackman sped up, trying to maintain a constant view. As he neared, the person Brackman was chasing turned a corner. When Brackman himself turned that same corner, all he saw was a small group of Ferengi, none of which looked remotely like who he was chasing. Brackman turned around and left for the shuttlebay, troubled by what had just happened. 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:33 am ]

"Executive Officer?" Saul asked, shocked. "Well Captain, I certainly didn't wake up today expecting to hear that, but thank you, I am honoured!" he replied.

Executive Officer, eh? You're moving on up in the world Karrath he thought to himself. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:49 am ]

"Congratulations Lt Commander," She said in reply, "Well first thing i need you to do as my new XO, is find out why this morning my replicator went on the frizz and gave my pea and ham soup instead of my morning coffee. Ive had reports of more than just one replicator doing similar things." 

Author:  Argus [ Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:44 pm ]

...Argus leaned in closer to Rangwere, lightly using his nose to hit her hand, indicating he wanted to be petted...

<Tag Rangwere>

...Argus was enjoying being petted so much that he fell to the ground exposing his underbelly... 

Author:  Aluura [ Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:11 am ]

Aluura bent over bent over and scratched Argus' belly. The Captain seemed to be busy talking to another officer. 

Author:  Argus [ Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:13 am ]

...Argus started to make grunting and groaning noises as a sign indicating that he was enjoying being petted immensely, letting out heavy breathing noises. Looked like Argus was content for the time being... 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:08 am ]

Brackman decided to change course and head to the mess hall. Though really more of a food court, Brackman still headed for the nearest replicator.

An officer walked up to Brackman as he was about to order and said, "You might not want to do that, the replicators have been going haywire all day. I ordered ham and eggs and got a shepard's pie."

"Really?" Brackman replied, "Well, then I know exactly how to order." Turning back to the replicator, he said, "Eight chocolate chip cookies, curry-flavored turkey, and pea soup."

A ham and swiss cheese sandwich materialized, along with a bottle of mustard and a glass of milk.

"Close enough," Brackman said, taking the tray of food, "I was going for herbal tea, but milk will do fine." Brackman left the officer standing next to the replicator with his mouth hanging wide open, and he sat down at a table in a corner. After putting some mustard on his sandwich, he began eating. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:21 pm ]

Karrath smiled as he was given his assignment. "I'll get to it right away, Captain. We wouldn't want them to begin spouting out a glass of beef stew when we order a gel-pack, would we?" he said, as if predicting the next progression of the problem.

Turning to make his departure, he headed for the operations centre, reasoning with himself that he should be able to find someone there, or at least a diagnostic station, which he can use to help him. Failing that, he'd head to the reactor core to find some engineers to give some orders to. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:52 pm ]

"Heh, no we dont want that at all." Faraness said giving a slight chuckle at the humourous side of the situation. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:56 pm ]

Brackman had just finished his meal and disposed of it when the lights throughout the room flickered before going out. The room was plunged into darkness, with light only coming from people carrying their own personal flashlights.

Chaos erupted. Quite a few people scrambled for the doors while others tried to keep everyone calm. Brackman backed into a corner to avoid being crushed. From the various light sources, Brackman saw that people were attempting to manually open the doors.

After a minute, the lights came back on. The doors were well on their way to being opened and the computer finished the job for them, throwing several people off balance, knocking others over when they fell. Tables and chairs had been overturned and many people were injured during the chaos.

Brackman tapped his earpiece and said, "Brackman to Rangwere, it seems the station's malfunctions have grown much more problematic." He stayed in his corner, waiting for the room to be cleared out before he left. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:23 pm ]

After both Brackman and Karrath had left the main promenade, Faraness decided to head back to her office. She was about to enter the turbolift when suddenly the lights flickered then dissipated. After a few seconds the power to the lights were restored however the power was out long enough to get a few injuries take place.

"Rangwere to sick bay," she said while pressing her comm, "Expect to have a few visits come towards you quickly and please send a med team to the promenade. Faraness out."

As soon as she had tapped out of her comm, another came in.

"Brackman to Rangwere, it seems the station's malfunctions have grown much more problematic."

The comm ended before she could make a response.

This is going to be one of those days she thought to herself.

She opened up another comm, "Rangwere to Karrath, meet me on the engineering deck."

Faraness then continued into the turbolift and spoke. "Deck 12." She said as the turbolift doors shut. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:10 pm ]

Once the path to the doorway was clear, Brackman left the food court and headed to the nearest Jefferies tube, not wanting to be trapped on a turbolift if power was cut off. After climbing in, he made his way to the Engineering Deck, his wrist device giving him the directions. He seemed to surprise a few people as he exited a Jefferies tube on the Engineering Deck, but Brackman just made his way out and closed the hatchett behind him. Brackman then headed for Main Engineering. 

Author:  Argus [ Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:44 am ]

...Noticing Faraness was leaving, Argus charged after her, only to barely get into the turbolift before it closed, thankfully the walls stopped him from going forward anymore, he sat down and started to let out breathing noises...

"That was a good itch from that Dabo girl, Commander." Argus said as he made sure no one else was in the turbolift save Faraness and Argus.

"You concerned with all the problems, Commander?" Argus asked curiously as the turbolift went to Engineering deck. 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:21 pm ]

After reaching the Operations centre, Saul had managed to find an unoccupied diagnostics terminal, and began running tests and queries through the replicator system - all of which returned with no apparent sign of a fault. It was obvious that the replicators were malfunctioning, but the computer seemed to think that they weren't, and so he decided to move his search for the source of the problem to the main computer core itself, and headed to the turbolift.

It was as he approached the doors that the power went out, and he knew that the doors wouldn't open if not even the computer terminals were working. Manually opening the jeffries tube nearby, he had already started his descent when the lights came back on.

=/\="Rangwere to Karrath, meet me on the engineering deck."=/\=

Tapping his comm with a free hand as he descended a furter rung, he said; "Already on my way, Captain." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:00 pm ]

Brackman was walking briskly down the corridor toward Main Engineering when he noticed that there was a Jefferies tube open in an adjacent corridor. Curious, he walked toward it to investigate.

Brackman made his way inside and had only crawled a few feet when he saw that the control panel had been opened and that the components inside were disintegrating. Before his eyes, isolinear chips were slowly decaying from the edge toward the center, as if something was nibbling down on them. As one completely turned to dust, the lights flickered again.

Brackman tapped his earpiece and said, "Brackman to Rangwere, I believe I have found the source - or at least one of the sources - of the station's malfunctions. Isolate the power conduits and other relays that are located at my current position and reroute around them."

Brackman peered into the control panel and saw that the decay was spreading.

"And you might want to get some plasma torches, we'll probably need to cut away the control panel and a few other areas nearby." 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:12 pm ]

OCC: really sorry guys work has been taking it outta me especially with christmas... will try to post again...

IC:

Faraness entered engineering to see a buzz of engineers all over the place working on the installation of the stations new AI. "I knew i forgot about something," She said to herself, remembering that checking up on the installation on her to-do list.

She looked around to see the chief engineer approaching her with a look of puzzlement on his face.

"Lt. Report, why are the replicators malfunctioning and how did the power go out??" 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:26 pm ]

Brackman took out a pair of silver-colored gloves and a clear jar from a pocket inside his lab coat and put the gloves on. He reached into the deteriorating control panel and tore off a large piece of rapidly decaying metal and placed it inside the jar before sealing it.

The lights in the Jefferies tube flickered. Brackman pressed a button on his wrist device and said, "QAI, you're going to have to interface with the station's computer, since their AI hasn't been brought online yet. I need you to have isolate and reroute any power going through the Jefferies tube I am currently in, including the lights. Stablize the power fluctations the station is experiencing as best as you can until a more permanent solution can be found."

"Acknowledged," QAI responded.

Brackman looked back at the control panel and mentally noted the rate at which the metal was deteriotrating. He then backed out of the Jefferies tube, right before the lights inside it went out. He then headed to Main Engineering to report his findings and to get a couple of plasma torches. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:08 am ]

OFF: uhhh brackman you wouldnt know the ai isnt online yet since your not in engineering and you havent been there yet?? just makes the storyline look a bit weird n stuff... 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:07 pm ]

OOC: Well, from the way your character is acting, it was something that was being planned for a while now and something everyone is going to be aware of...you probably won't install something as important as an AI without notifying the people working and living on the station or at least giving them a few days notice. 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:41 am ]

Fleet Admiral Karelia - Personal Quarters, Deck 3A

Karelia roused to the sight of the dim lights flickering in his quarters. He climbed out of bed, taking care not to wake Julia, and donned a robe. Karelia stepped into the office in his rather expansive quarters, and sat at the desk console there. Tapping a key, a small viewer rose from the desktop and came to life. However, the screen did not show the standard Federation emblem, but rather a warning that several systems, including high-level communications, were offline. Karelia hit another key on the console, and opened a connection to Rangwere directly.

"Captain," he said, "I was enjoying my sleep, and was dragged from it by some rather annoying power fluctuations." He chuckled at the situation, as an archaic phrase came to mind. "Did we forget to pay the bill?" 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:22 am ]

".. and so captain it seems the A.I is having trouble taking things into its own hands and its playing around with the stations systems." said the chief engineer as he finished his report.

"So let me get this straight lt." Faraness replied, taking a breath before continuing, "You installed the A.I specifically designed and built for this station and its needs, but its faulty and is messing with my station??" She took another breath to stop from frustrating herself. "Well can you uninstall it and fix the problem?"

The chief engineer simply replied "We are on to it sir." He was then called on by an ensign requiring a hand and excused himself from the captains presence. Shortly after, a Faraness's comm went off.

"Captain," came the voice of Admiral Karelia, "I was enjoying my sleep, and was dragged from it by some rather annoying power fluctuations." He chuckled at the situation, as an archaic phrase came to mind. "Did we forget to pay the bill?"

She tapped her commbadge and replied with the same sense of humour the Admiral put out, "It would seem so Admiral." She then put on a serious voice and gave her report, "It seems the engineers are having trouble with the installation of the new A.I. it has been installed but something has happened during the installation that has caused multiple malfunctions around the station such as the replicators not working correctly and short power failures. The engineering team is working on it sir." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:12 pm ]

Brackman had just entered Engineering when QAI contacted him.

"The malfunctions are being caused by the A.I. the station's engineers are installing and so is the decay," reported QAI, "It appears that the A.I. stumbled upon a certain energy pattern that disintegrates various alloys and components when energy is passed through them in that pattern."

"Interesting," remarked Brackman, "Take note of this pattern and attempt to isolate the A.I. to prevent it from accidentally destroying the station and itself. Maybe you can later improve its learning algorithm later and teach it a few things as well. Mishaps like this could prove quite troublesome if they are recurring."

Brackman then approached Rangwere, who was overlooking the situation in Engineering and talking with an engineer.

"So what is the situation?" 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:38 am ]

Karrath emerged from the jeffries hatch to find the Captain already talking with one of the Engineers about the problem. Stepping over to her, he waited until she had finished her various conversations - which happened to be just before he reached her, meaning that he hadn't caught enough of her words above the din of the engineering deck to know what was going on.

"You found out anything, yet Captain?" he asked.

((OOC: Sorry, there's not been much I could find to easily post something meaningful in response to heh.)) 

Author:  Argus [ Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:06 am ]

...Argus was nearby looking as the engineers were going about their business when suddenly a power conduit nearby exploded sending a bright lightening streak across the room, barely missing Argus as it hit a ensign in the shoulder and knocked him unconscious...

<Ears perked up as he looked at the ensign and rushed over to him, biting his uniform he began to drag the unfortunate ensign clear of the conduit to near the door> 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:44 am ]

Brackman saw the explosion and the ensign being knocked unconsious. He tapped his earpiece and said

=/\= Engineering to Sickbay, medical emergency. Power conduit explosion, expect burns. =/\=

Brackman turned to a console nearby and began to look for a way to take the AI offline faster, before any more people got hurt. 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:22 pm ]

(OFF: Anyone still here?)'

Fleet Admiral Karelia - Office of Sector Operations (SecOps)

"Ahh, the joys of deep space fleet management," Karelia mused. "More reports." He pulled up the latest requisition report, detailing all of the past week's shipments of supplies from Earth. The null-space gate was getting it's fair share of activity in the past month or so, and even civilian traders from the Alpha Quadrant and the Avalon Sector were beginning to add Vernemeton Station to their routes.

Karelia began mentally taking inventory on the manifest. "Let's see here... twenty kilos of duranium plating, one hundred and thirty-seven containers of purified deuterium, three Type 11 shuttlecraft, two standard shipments of unreplicated foodstuffs, a load of routine medical supplies... and a dabo table? Who would possibly request a dabo table? I wasn't aware we had any Ferengi on the station?" 

Author:  kloek8 [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:59 pm ]

OFF: quit place this is 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Andrew Greenwood [ Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:02 pm ]

((OOC: This might be a long one to catch up...))

Andrew sat in his chair leaning back, he had a padd in one hand and was reading it intently. He reached out with his spare hand and picked up his favourite cup, he went to take a sip and found it empty. He looked disgruntled, he put the cup down and walked over to the replicator.

"One cup of Earl grey." Andrew said absently as he kept reading his pad. A cup materialised in the replicator. Without looking he brought it up to his mouth and took a sip. He was fine for a moment and then a quizzical look crossed his face. He lowered the padd and looked up the cup. "Computer, what did you just make me?"

"Earl grey tea." The computer replied.

"No, you made gravy." Andrew replied and sniffed the cup. "Lamb gravy, very nice but I don't like to drink it. Now give me an earl grey." A new cup materialised and he picked it up. He looked cautiously inside it and put it back in the replicator. "Computer what is earl grey tea?"

"Earl Grey tea is a tea blend with a distinctive flavour and aroma derived from the addition of oil extracted from the rind of the bergamot orange, a fragrant citrus fruit." The computer told him.

"Now analyse the cup and tell me if earl grey, as you've described it, is actually in there." Andrew told the computer.

"The cup does not contain earl grey." The computer told him.

"Thank you! So why don't we break this down? You know what earl grey is, you know what you have been giving me isn't early grey. Now, make me earl grey tea." Andrew told the computer and it made another cup of liquid. He picked it up and looked inside. "Chicken gravy... I guess that's an improvement."

The lights went off and the sickbay was plunged in to darkness. He put the cup back, threw the padd on to his desk, and went in to the main sickbay.

"Doctor it seems the power has gone out." A nurse told him.

"It's probably some test in engineering, engineers are always doing tests." Andrew told them and a few moments later the lights came back on. "See? Nothing to worry about." He went to check the readings on one of his patients monitors when the door opened and someone came in with a sprained ankle. This was soon followed by a trickle of minor injuries. Nothing too severe though.

=/\= Engineering to Sickbay, medical emergency. Power conduit explosion, expect burns. =/\=

Andrew tapped his comm badge. "This is the doctor here, have those effected beamed directly to sickbay." He turned to his medical staff. "I want those beds free now." 

Author:  Aluura [ Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:06 pm ]

The Hub

Aluura had just finished her Dabo demonstration for Hillard, when the lights began to blink on and off.

"Thats odd" she said, "I guess they are still working out some issues with the power grid."

Hillard seemed less than impressed with her pitch. Mabey he was distracted by his malfunctioning replicator. Hillard mentioned it had been giving him trouble all morning.

~Maybe he will be impressed when the full scale Dabo table gets here. This travel travel table just doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the big tables do.~ she thought to herself. ~I wonder if it's here yet?~ 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:47 am ]

Brackman gave up on the AI; it was acting too chaotically and neither him or QAI could block it off before it managed to spread to another system.

Leaving QAI to duel with the station's AI, Brackman began to try and seal off the systems that were not yet touched by the AI. Most of the primary systems had already been corrupted and the secondary systems were going down one by one.

Suddenly, the doors closed shut and atmosphere began ventilating from Main Engineering. The AI had gotten into the environmental controls and had begun to play around with them as well. People struggled to open Jefferies tubes as the air began to thin and many fell to the floor, gasping for breath, Brackman included. 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:11 am ]

Fleet Admiral Karelia - Office of Sector Operations (SecOps)

Karelia sat at his desk, finishing his weekly report to Starfleet Command. He was wrapping up a few odds and ends, and was about to send the file, when his screen suddenly was overtaken by the visage of a Starfleet officer with a chaotic Engineering department behind him, calling desperately for help. "This is Lieutenant Morgan to anyone that gets this message! We're trapped in the Engineering bay and the atmosphere is venting! We've only got a few minutes of breathable air left, please, someone help us!" Karelia jumped to his feet and tapped his commbadge as he left the office. "Security and medical teams to the Engineering section, on the double!" The admiral stepped out of the administration suite and into the main corridor, the turbolift only a few paces away. "Deck 39B, Engineering," Will called as he entered the lift car.

Engineering Section, Deck 39B

The trip couldn't have felt longer. The turbolift doors slid apart, with the doors to Engineering directly across the corridor. Several medical and security personnel had gathered outside of the doors. "Report!" the admiral said.

"Sir, the malfunctioning AI took control of life-support systems and began tinkering with the atmospheric settings in there. There's nothing stopping it from venting the whole station, sir." 

Author:  Andrew Greenwood [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:39 am ]

"Security and medical teams to the Engineering section, on the double!" Came Karelia's voice over the comm system.

"Must be something wrong with the transporter systems," Andrew told one of his medical staff, "look after sickbay I'll go meet the medical teams down there."

Andrew ran out of sickbay and headed in to the turbo lift, he had a basic medical kit and was ready to face the worst. "Deck 39B," he told the computer and the lift began to move, it took far too long for his liking. he came out and headed for a door, there was a man with serious plasma burns lying on the ground and being treated by medical staff. "Get him out of here, go grab the portable stretchers." Two of his people nodded and went to get stretchers. He kneeled down by the crewman, he'd be fine.

Andrew got up and headed for the door, people inside were losing air. Admiral Karelia was already there, so he spoke to him before taking any action. "Cutting through the door will take too long, why don't we take a shuttle and beam them out using shuttle transporters? Alternatively we could drill a hole and pump air in; it could buy enough time to cut our way through. Though I would prefer to give them medical attention straight away." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:29 pm ]

Brackman struggled to breathe as he continued to try and secure the uncorrupted systems. After several minutes working in an environment that was becoming more hostile by the second, the artificial gravity deactivated, adding insult to injury. Not only was everyone unable to breathe, but now no one in Engineering could do anything to save their own lives. The engineers working on removing the AI, the people struggling with the doors, other engineers working on taking back control of the systems - all were now struggling to not float away or into something and couldn't continue working without risking becoming stranded, all the while struggling to remain consious and to breathe the thinning air.

Brackman himself was now barely holding onto the console he was working at. He'd fortunately managed to block off most of the tactical systems, as well as controls to the shuttle and docking bays. At the very least, evacuations can begin and people can get off of the station. 

Author:  Argus [ Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:13 am ]

"I can only transport one person at a time out of here, which means someone may have to die. Choose Gustaff." Argus said as he continued to hold himself in place as the air was being sucked out of the room. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:59 am ]

Brackman managed to turn and face Argus and replied weakly, "Choose someone, Argus, but choose someone else. Preferably one of the technicians who can fix this mess." 

Author:  Argus [ Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:54 pm ]

"Self Sacrificing, Interesting. Their may be hope for you yet." Argus said as he skidded down to the opposite side of the room and grabbed a technician that was about to let loose and be sucked out in a most bloody and horrific manner, then teleported him and the technician to the otherside of the door where, Greenwood and the Admiral was waiting.

"Admiral, Greenwood tend to this man theirs atleast 5 more in their and one of them may die." Argus said as he teleported back to the otherside of the door to grab another technician and repeated this several times till he noticed Gustaff started to slip, as he slipped from his anchor point, Argus grabbed out fast with his teeth and grabbed him, then teleported the unconscious Brackman out of Engineering.

((OOC: Hopefully this wont get deleted)) 

Author:  Aiden Byrne [ Fri May 01, 2009 9:34 pm ]

Byrne laid on his bed quietly; it had been six months since he had been relieved of command.

Sitting up and plantinghis feet on the floor, he tried to recall the last six months of his life and the path that it had led him along. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Will Karelia [ Sat May 23, 2009 5:18 am ]

Fleet Admiral Will Karelia - Deck 39B, Engineering Section

Karelia tapped his commbadge. "Ops, this is Karelia. I want that damned AI disconnected ASAP! Do whatever you have to, I just want it done!"

The admiral looked down at the strange little robotic dog. "You have a transport module? How fortunate. Get as many people out of there as you can. You obviously aren't affected by the AI, so you might possess the only working transporter on the whole station." 

Author:  Argus [ Sat May 23, 2009 8:10 pm ]

...Argus nodded and disappeared once more, he kept delivering people from Engineering to the safety of the otherside of the door, then collapsed as if he was tired, despite the fact he was a machine, he enjoyed acting like a normal dog every once and awhile, so he laid on his side and panting noises came from his open mouth... 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sun May 24, 2009 1:41 am ]

Dr. Gustaf Brackman - Sickbay

Brackman slowly regained consciousness on a bed in Sickbay. Blinking his eyes, he slowly adjusted to the light and glanced around. The Sickbay was crowded with people, civilians and officers alike. Most were suffering from minor injuries, though others had severe plasma burns and the like, all presumably caused by the station AI's chaotic actions.

Brackman made to sit up, but an officer in a medical uniform pushed him back down and said, "You mustn't get up. You have suffered from a minor concussion and have to rest if you want to get better." After giving Brackman a quick scan to check for any further damage, the officer left Brackman to tend to other patients.

Brackman resumed his previous position but took out a PADD. When he tried to read, however, a sharp pain shot through his head and he stopped. Trying again, the pain resumed, and Brackman put the PADD away. Closing his eyes, he entered a state of meditation amist the chaos surrounding him to try and recover from the concussion sooner. 

Author:  Oliver Davis jr [ Mon May 25, 2009 5:54 am ]

He awoke at 4 AM promptly on normal mornings, a habit his father had drilled into the entire family. On the mornings in which he planned to employ a hard work out, he awoke at 3 AM. He would have the computers increase the gravity slightly in his room and he would do as many pushups and sit-ups as was possible in three hours- not to mention an incredible array of other calisthenics. He would then make his way to the nearest holo deck and begin one of his many self created computer programs. Some were only possibilities of disasters that could occur while in any given situation, others were direct things he had experienced in the Dominion war, and some were just intriguing ways to strengthen or torture himself.

It was now 7 AM and he was only slightly conscious in his room aboard the USS Blackwolf. He lay on the bed in only his sweat drenched undergarments, to tired to move and clean himself. There was a hazy gray line coming into fruition in his mind, the beginnings of a dream filled sleep. Then there was a dripping. It was a slow monotonous sound, not overly aggressive or intrusive, but heavily persistent. Second by second it was chipping away at his wall of sleep, slowing finding its way in. Finally it happened, the dripping had become too much, and Oliver's eyes opened wide and furious.

"damn sink," he said as he let out a sigh and muttered to himself. He turned his legs over on the side of the bed and gruntingly came to his feet. The dim yellow tinted light of the room cast shadows on his body, accenting the wiry twists and turns of every spent muscle. They were tight and done for the day, but just like their master they wouldn't relax, they continued to contract almost wildly as he walked into the bathroom area of his quarters. He activated the steam shower and decided that sleep was for the weak after all. His arrival was imminent and he didn't want to appear to groggy. He could just imagine those wonderful first impressions of the drunk or lazy Intelligence Officer. No, he couldn't have that.

The warm steam caressed and lightly erased the musky odor that Oliver had been carrying for a week. He became more alert and rejuvenated. He felt of the scar on the back of his head. He knew the scar was the result of negligence, of not being aware. The Klingon blade that had made the scar had almost killed him. In any case, it had kept him in the hospital for several weeks. He pushed the thoughts from his mind and tried to focus on the future.

As he stepped out of the shower and back into the main room of the small temporary quarters he turned the lights up by addressing the computer. He shave his head and found a fresh uniform and slipped it on, rubbing his hands vigorously over the front of it to knock off any dust. He shined his shoes for the fifth time that day. All these compulsive behavioral traits came to him without thought or hesitation, years of conditioning had made him the man he was. His attitude and demeanor sometimes confused his peers. He had a distinct separation between his on duty and off duty personality traits.

Off-duty he was a light hearted jovial person, almost a socialite but not quite. He had a knack for playing practical jokes on crew members, and a real sense of humor when he made an effort to employ it. On-duty he was rigid and strict. He was fully aware at all times, adept at noticing things that no one else would. That was where the trouble would always start, in the things that nobody ever expected. He also had no problems with confrontation. If somebody didn't follow an order to its finest degree, they would get hell and the grave and all the horsemen together. He wasn't one to care if he was liked, as long as everyone was safe and doing their job.

He observed himself in the mirror, and approved of the spotless appearance before him. He sat down at the small desk beside the bed and reviewed his order of duty. Something didn't seem right or set well with him at all. He rubbed his chin in confusion, wondering why he was told so little and why things seemed so well swept under the rug. It was almost a professional fiasco. That was what he referred to problems in Starfleet that seemed to clean themselves up too easily. Real problems were always more messy than this, yet with more than ample information to prepare yourself for what was coming. This seemed liked forged ordeal, and he felt like a pawn. Yet, this was fine with Agent Davis, as long as he was a pawn who did his job well.

The computer chimed in the room and broke his silent contemplation. The voice that came into the room was that of Director Clevis. Alexis didn't the like the guy, he came off as fake and unprofessional and he hoped that whatever he had to say was strictly business.

=^= We will soon be arriving at Vernemeton Station Mr.Davis, I just wanted to make sure you were prepared and inform you upon arrival that your active service will again resume. Remember Agent Davis that this is a very sensitive issue we are dealing with. Starfleet Intelligence needs you to watch and observe everything... but try not to be too intrusive. We want you to just blend Mr. Davis, just blend.=^= His tone of voice seemed arrogant, and Oliver grit his teeth.
=^= I am well aware of my job Director but thanks for the heads up." His bit his tongue, stalling the harsh words he wanted to say. =^=Also, if you would be so kind to inform the CO of Vernemeton Station that I would like to meet her for dinner and discuss the situation I would be very grateful.=^=

=^= Will do Agent Davis, look sharp and be on your best. Clevis out.=^= Oliver squinted at those last words and his eyes rolled slightly upward. He couldn't believe he had been told to "look sharp and do his best." He wasn't a five year old going to church, he was a well capable officer going to perform his duty. He shrugged it off and wondered why he let such an ignorant person affect his temper to begin with. He packed his things in his small duty sack and slung the bag over his shoulder as he exited the room at a brisk pace. He was still brushing off the front of the uniform as he approached the turbo lift, trying to clean off any collected dust he had acquired during the walk from his room. A small line of sweat began to form upon his upper brow as he became slightly nervous. He was no rookie, but this next job wouldn't be easy. The road ahead looked quite challenging, and Oliver Davis was apprehensive. 

Author:  David Allen [ Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:29 am ]

Station Operations

David was not behind his desk, and he didn't like that. The other command staff were spread throughout the station. He had been sent to opps by Admiral Karelia to help organise the chaos that had erupted on the station. Bringing order to chaos was Allen's stong suit. Will knew this about David, and told him that with his promotion to Lt. Commander, and liason officer would come with more command responsibilty, whether he liked it or not. The Admiral had not been lying. David found himself in opps moving personel around, and trouble shooting in general, when Concordia appereared on the long range scanners.

"We have to send them a message." He said to the com officer. "Please tell me we can!!"

"Indeed we can, Sir" The Vulcan com officer replied. "Just before you arrived, we brought the secondary computer core on-line, and cut the AI's access to most main systems. It has been isolated to the main engineering section, and the main computer core. We are "keeping it out of the loop" so to speak, for now.

"Very good Mr.Sivak, open a channel."

=/\=This is Lt. Commander Allen David. We have a problem at here at 384. Brackman's AI has tried to hijack the station's systems, and we sure could use a hand putting it to bed. Please increase your speed to maximum warp, and be prepared to accept wounded. Sickbay is nearing capacity here.=/\= 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 pm ]

Brackman had been lying down for little over ten minutes when QAI contacted him over his earpiece.

Dr. Brackman, I have just lost contact with beacons 29-67, reported QAI, And signals from the beacons 98-154 are weakening rapidly. They are coming.

Brackman bolted from his bed, ignoring the burst of pain that followed. A sweat broke out over his forehead and a feeling of fear that he had not felt for years returned.

"Transport me onboard and open the shuttlebay doors," replied Brackman, "Prepare to go to warp and then initiate self-destruct several minutes after our departure."

A few moments later, a sheen of blue light encircled Brackman and he rematerialized in his shuttlecraft. Brackman quickly made his way to the pilot's seat. A brief systems check told him that the shuttle was powered up and ready to leave immediately.

I have wiped any traces of our presence on the station that I could reach, said QAI, Every log or record I could find relating to our time here has been deleted and I have triggered self-destruct on my secondary and tertiary processors.

"Good," Brackman answered, watching the launch doors open under QAI's command, "Get us out of here, maximum warp." A few moments later, the shuttle lifted off and departed the station. A minute after that, the shuttle jumped to warp. Brackman closed his eyes and whispered to himself, "What have we done?"

Reactors overloading in one minute, warned QAI, It was good working with you, Dr. Brackman.

A tear left Brackman's eye as he stared at the viewscreen. He could only hope his death and QAI's destruction would delay their advance, but letting anything fall into their hands would be the undoing of everything Brackman had worked for. There would be no salvation for him, but even the smallest delay would help the Federation. Brackman took a deep breath as the countdown reached zero, wondering for the last moment of his life how death felt.

The shuttle vaporized itself instantly in an extremely powerful flare of energy as the reactors overloaded simultaneously, completely obliterating every molecule that had made up the shuttle. The warp field collapsed once the warp drive ceased to exist and nothing remained to exit warp. 

Author:  Oliver Davis jr [ Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:58 am ]

It had been a long day for Faraness. Between her recent visit of Mr. Allen and the whole thing surrounding Dr. Brackman's investigation, she was tired. Doctor O'Mannin had not yet cleared her for active duty, yet still, here she was putting in a full day, contrary to his orders. She shrugged it off, but admittedly was starting to feel a little strained from the stresses of the day.

She looked up at the clock. "1900," she sighed. Almost as if on cue, the chime to her door rang. <i>Mr. Davis, I presume,</i> she thought. "Enter," she called, straightening out her jacket as she stood to greet her visitor.

Davis was now running on pure adrenalin. He had not slept in three days and had enough caffeine in his system to keep him up for three more. He brushed off the front of his duty uniform several times, still not happy with the several small white specks of dust which appeared. He cursed silently. <i>Blend, just blend. Act casual, you can do this Oliver. Casual but professional, </i> he thought.

He made his way to her office and pressed the small panel on the side of the entranceway which would alert her that he had arrived. His anticipation level only increased as the word "enter" came from the other side of the door. He gave his shirt one more brush and then stepped inside. The woman before him was much more lovely than he had imagined, younger if anything.

This only reaffirmed his desire to maintain strict professionalism. He liked his superiors to almost think of him as robotic, following orders and code and duty with precision to a flaw. "Captain Rangewere I presume, it is honor to meet you. I am Agent. Oliver Davis." He offered his hand with these words.

She recognised his face from the docking bay earlier, or more correctly, the stark black skin contrasted against the blackness of his uniform. What she hadn't noticed earlier was the piercing hazel shimmer of his eyes.

She moved out from behind her desk and extended her right hand, keeping her left tucked neatly behind her back. "Agent," she said in her soft English lilt.

"Welcome to Vernemeton Station. Please have a seat," she smiled, gesturing to the armchair in her meeting room. "Can I get you anything to drink?" She moved over towards the replicator.

As he sat down he looked around the room, noticing pictures and awards and other things usual offices have. He thought about her offer and reasoned that more caffeine could never be a bad thing. "Yes, coffee would be wonderful, as black as possible with no sweetener of any kind," he said with a half smile, slightly awkward.

She nodded, and thought for a moment. "Kopi Luwak Coffee, black, extra strong, and an Earl Grey Tea, black," she said. The coffee and tea appeared and she took the mug and cup and saucer over to where he was seated.

"One of the finer earth coffees," she smiled, handing the mug over to him. She moved over to the other side of the desk and placed her cup and sauced down near the photograph of she and her father, before taking her own seat.

"I assume your quarters are satisfactory?" she asked, folding her hands primly atop her desk and letting her tea cool slightly.

"They are wonderful," he said as he nodded and sipped his coffee, "definitely more spacious than the one on the Highbury." <i> Although I would have taken a room twice as small to get away from that Clevis fellow, </i> he thought.

"Good," she smiled, reaching for her tea. "I have found most of the Officer's quarters on the station to be quite comfortable." She took a sip of the tea and set the cup back down carefully and methodically on the saucer. "So, I assume Mr. Clevis has shown you your orders?"

Oliver paused before his response, noting the way she moved and talked. By the way she carried herself he concluded in his mind that their stance on demeanor and duty must be similar. Her eyes were honest enough, good honest eyes were hard to come by. "Yes, he has informed me of them, but not in great detail," he said with a slight air of agitation.

"I know there is some sort of investigation, yet I come here expecting I won't get great detail on that either. I would like it though, it would certainly help matters to know more- but to be honest Captain, I felt like an outsider before I ever arrived," he said this matter of factly, continuing to sip the coffee.

"Hmm, yes, I could see that," she said, reaching once again for her tea and sipping on it, repeating the same methodical pattern.

"Well, I am afraid the finer details of the investigation are not mine to share," she replied, folding her hands in her lap and sitting back in her chair. Her big brown eyes stared straight into his. "There is indeed an investigation, surrounding the actions of our Starfleet Command Liaison officer. I anticipate that it will not take long and the investigation will be summarily dismissed. However, Starfleet felt it prudent to follow up on the investigation with a proper investigation." She sat up in her chair and reached for her tea once more, her eyes never breaking contact with his, even as she reached for her cup.

She folded her legs and perched the cup on her knee. "It seems Mr. Clevis has wished to put you in charge of Security. However, seeing as this is my station, I have informed Mr. Clevis, that no such thing shall happen. Therefore, I have assigned you, temporarily, as the Starfleet Intelligence officer.
." She lifted the cup gently to her lips and took a small drink of her tea, then placed it back on her knee.

"I can only <i>assume</i> Director Clevis has asked you to keep an eye on things, it seems to be his style of Command. You have your orders, and I understand that, however, you will still need to report to Liaison officer and myself as part of the crew." 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet