• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Refitting the Nautilis

Started by stephen sisko, November 09, 2005, 05:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucasbailey

*enters the bridge*

"Well, Mr. Sisko, Mr. McDonell *nods to both*, How are things coming?"
Admiral (Dr.) Lucas Bailey (Retired)

lucasbailey

*Bailey takes a seat in the captains chair*

*thinks*

"How safe is this mr. sisko?"

stephen sisko

Reading warp five.

Computer:Now initiating the main deflector for trans warp drive.  Trans warp drive at full power in five, four, three, two, one.  Trans warp drive now engaging.

*With that the ship jerked and immediatley there was a trans warp tunnel ahead.  The ship began to shake a little.*

Adjusting the inertial dampeners, and structural integrity fields to compensate. There is a small variance in the TW drive's field out put.  That will have to be re-adjusted once we leave trans warp.  THere is some stress on the hull that the computer can not compensate for.  Its not enough to damage the ship, but we will have to rethink the software on the inertail dampeners and SIFs.  Now at warp 10.12 and increasing speed.  The Eschion is following at warp 9.97.  The trans warp drive is fully functional and the computer is detecting no irregularities in the drive.  Alright once we have hit warp 14.67 the computer will deccelerate us from trans warp into normal warp, and then we can come to a full stop.  

Computer:Now approaching warp 12.95 and speed is increasing.  Admiral and captain we have traveled approximatley 10 light years now, this is incredible.  

Computer:Now at warp 13.98.

*The ship was whizzing by everything.  The trans warp tunnel was a blueish whirl from the speed.*

Computer:Now at warp 14.67, automatic shut down sequence initiated, matter anti matter reaction in main warp core preparing for warp six.  Auto shut down in five, four, three, two,one.  Trans warp had been terminated, the Trans warp drive is offline.

Computer distance Nautilis has traveled?

Computer:The Nautilis has traveled approximatley 18.6 light years from Castle Gaurd.  The Eschion wil reach our position in 7.6 hours.

Well Captain, the ship is yours.  I have done what I Wanted to do, I appreciate your help. Admiral, with your permission I will install this new trans warp in the Eschion and continue testing the new drive.  It will give the Engineering teams a chance to analyze the TW drive on a long haul trip.  We have done it gentleman.
Name:Stephen Sisko
Position: Chief of Tactical Operations/Commaning Officer Deep Space Eight/Castle Guard/Division Chief Engineer

stephen sisko

Sir were being hit by chronoton waves eminating from a temporal disturbance twelve thousand kilometers to port.  Sir I am looking over the logs of our TW flight, i think we caused this when we dropped out of warp.  I read in paper by seven of nine that this could happen with out proper shielding around the ship for chronoton particles.  We didnt think much about it because were using a different drive than the borg do.  I am reprogramming the simulation with a crude form of the  chronoton shields to see if that will correct the problem.

*Ten minutes later the computer confirms the temporal disturbance had been cause by Nautilis.*

Sir, this was an oversight on my part because we used a different type of drive than the borg, i though we wouldnt need these shields.  I will have to go back and devise a plan to create these shields before we attempt TW again.  Meantime we must seal that Temporal disturbance to get out of here in one piece.
Position: Chief of Tactical Operations/Commaning Officer Deep Space Eight/Castle Guard/Division Chief Engineer

Adan McDonell

Admiral sisko could you let me know as soon as those areas are clear of people so that I can start the process.

I shall start the safety protocols now Admiral Bailey. I hit a couple of buttons and this sets lighting around the Deflector array to safety warning lighting and that means that no one would be entering the area and those that were currently there would know that they were to only leave and not return until the current situation was over.

While this was going on around the deflector I continued to work on the bridge to set the safety protocaols up that would be necessary. After thirty minutes I just awaited for Admiral sisko to give me the all clear of Personelle in the evacutated area.
Fleet Captian
Commanding Officer
U.S.S Nautilus

stephen sisko

*A four and a half days later, the Nautilis is one and half light years from home.*
Admiral, we are one and  half light years from home.  The refit teams are standing by to repair the main deflector, and fix the other problems that resulted from the test flight.  ETA to Castlegaurd is 13.9 hours.  The Eshion has assumed a position ahead of us and is using their main delfector to help sweep the path in front of us.  The interstellar debree in this area is extremely dense, and we have had to slow down causing the return trip home to take longer.  With the four shuttles, the captain's yacht, and the Eschion, we will be okay.  I have already assigned scientists and engineers to get to work on our flight and the flight analysis, as well as a solution to the chronoton shielding problem.

stephen sisko

*Sisko and a smal contingent of crew were preparing to bring the Nautilis into the docking bay four for her new trans-warp coil project.*

Ensign, slow to full thrusters once we have cleared space doors.  *The ship effortlessly was taken by the tractor beam in through the space doors.* Activate all moorings, release docking control to the quarter master.

Adan McDonell

Well Admiral very well. The report that are coming in sir that the Nautlius is very nearly ready for the Transwarp test sir.
Fleet Captian
Commanding Officer
U.S.S Nautilus

stephen sisko

Sir we have taken every safety precaution possibly known to man.  There is a skeleton crew on board, but i am not prediciting any problems that will be catostrophic to us or the ship.  The Eschion will be behind us at maximum warp once we have gone to trans warp.  Everything will be fine Admiral, we have everything under control.  

Conn clear all moorings, disconnect all umbilicals, go to full thrusters and prepare to leave starbase.  
Sisko to engineering, do one last final systems check on the trans warp drive and the deflector is at full.  

Lets get under way.

Adan McDonell

Exits the Captain's ready room as the time approached to get under way...

Okay Mr Ringstone good to have you back. Take us aheard slowly to wrap five and then kick in the transwarp. As shorter jump as possible today. Enough to test everything but not to harm it with anything major.
Fleet Captian
Commanding Officer
U.S.S Nautilus

lucasbailey

*suddenly the ship starts shaking violently...*

Ensign Karn: "Sir, shields are down 45%!

*Bailey see's a flash in his mind, and relizes whats going on*

"Mr. sisko, man a station, mr. McDonell, i hope you don't mind me assuming command for a slight while, been a few years,  but i think i still have an ace up my sleave."

*The ship gets hit again*

stephen sisko

OOC:  sorry guys, my hard drive crashed, I ended up buying a new computer.  The other was unrepairable.

Sir all decks have been evacuated, the modifications are complete sir and were ready to emit the anti-chronoton pulse  in fourty five seconds.  I am reinforcing the structral integrity fields.  Sir once we have burned out the deflector, we can launch four shuttle craft, there deflectors can clear the path as we go forward.  Also, we can use the deflector array in the saucer section.  We can also launch the Captain's yacht and use its deflector.  we will have to proceed at impulse, not warp speed.

Adan McDonell

Yes a solution to that little problem might be a good thing. Admiral Might I suggest that you maybe look at thevoyagers records Sir. I know that Starfleet use a different set up to run the Transwarp sir but the infomation that the Borg have might prove very useful Sir.

Admiral Bailey, we are in range of deep space 8 now sir we are slowly but surely approaching her. I think we should let the station know that we will be returning for an early major repair sir.
Fleet Captian
Commanding Officer
U.S.S Nautilus

stephen sisko

*Sisko walked into the new trans warp engineering room on deck 18 behind the main deflector control.  The new core was in place, and things were beginning to take shape in the engine room.*
=A=Sisko to Adan, please meet me on the bridge of the Nautilus so we can prepare to get the ship under way on her first trans-warp flight, Thanks.=A=

stephen sisko

OOC:Sorry for the delay in posting i have had the flu.  

We are actually ready to test this baby out.  We had some problems with the main delfector generating the right pulse to open up a trans warp conduit but we corrected the problem.  When the Captain is ready we can take her out.  Now we might still have some bumps along the way, I am not promising a smooth ride or anything.  

Sisko to engineering, all hands stand by for transwarp drive, activate the core and bring the new deflector modifications for trans warp online.  Ready to leave dock at your command Captain.