• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

ShadowFire in the Cluster

Started by Prester John, May 18, 2003, 07:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prester John

"Logical assumption are sometimes overruled by intuition, Mr Nyax. But you are right, if there is a chance to found out if these merchants are still alive and IF we can save them, we must try.
*Turns to his team*
People, I want to know your opinion before we go through this "passage". We must be prepared for the unexpected if we want to avoid dramatic surprises. And, IF all the team says "YES", we will go to this Place..."

Kyle Boh

Captain, I suggest we shut down the main propulsion and fire up the matter/antimatter propulsion unit. It shouldn't have any power drains. Also, that way if Ms. Brown is still here, it will lock her out of the Computer systems. Also, I will lock out her command codes now. *taps his console and looks up a moment later.* Done sir. Her command codes for this vessel have been deleted.

As for the Shield modifications, it should work with the temporal. But it isn't 100% as it is just theoretical. This is my suggestion, since we have 3 levels of shielding, and all 3 have regeneration capabilities, why don't we set the most outer level with the phasic/transphasic technology, and set the center Shield layer with the Temporal technology.

{Kirk} Computer, stick that back up the Admiral's...database.{Computer} INSTRUCTIONS NOT CLEAR. PLEASE REPEAT.
{Kirk} Reappend that file! Delete my request to view it! Delete that request, and delete my access to all data from this terminal.

Zenakto

No, Stop, Don't break the Link... Mind Meld... The being can sense it, the ship, it has a... *wrinkles forehead in concentration* type of... Genesis Device, it will destroy the universe and create a new one... It's what opened the portal... in both cases. The merchant ship had something... that could tstop it, but it's destroyed... no... not destroyed, annialated... an actual destruction of matter... They didn't know... what it was. It opened the portal here to... gain access to the inside of the nebula... to power it's weapon, the Genesis device, for lack of a better term. It must be destroyed, at all costs.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.-Spock

Peter Ktara

*The ship begins to move closer to the situation.  The bridge crew is practically tingling with anticipation*
TCT Senior General (XO),  Commanding Officer, T.D.V. Nightwarrior

Jermaine Miklos

*enters*

"WHat the !@#& is going on?!!?

OFF:sorry i was gone soooo long,everything should be back to normal, had some trouble with  my ISP,.........

Jermaine Miklos

Jacen Nyax

"Make it so number one."

Kyle Boh

(off: XO = Executive Officer...usually Second in Command of something)

Captain, incomin Subspace transmission. Priority One from Admiral Mallory, Sir. Shall I put it onscreen?

{Kirk} Computer, stick that back up the Admiral's...database.{Computer} INSTRUCTIONS NOT CLEAR. PLEASE REPEAT.
{Kirk} Reappend that file! Delete my request to view it! Delete that request, and delete my access to all data from this terminal.

Zenakto

Yes, Sir,
*Taps controlls on console*
Accessing Auxiliary power, attempting to reboot...
*Taps madly at the controlls*
COMPUTOR, OVERRIDE SAFETY PROTOCOL!!!
*computor:* Safety protocol overridden.
Somehow, it had found some kind of "Static field" in the hull and was attempting to shut down shields, but it only happened when I attempted to reboot...
*Taps controlls on console*
Attempting complete reboot of computor system...
*Computor:* Reboot will take approxamately 2 minuites.
Apparently, I was wrong-
*computor:* Reboot complete
Odd... it took less than One...

Trillis

sir...who's at..tatical....if no one's....there, i'll....blow the ship....away, please...get..the doctor...up here....this is...getting....way to silly...i just..want to...speak normally...again...*jumps into tactical station and arms weapons* requestiing..permission to...open fire..sir....
=/b.m.p\=

Trillis

aye sir, filtering now, *displays message on screen* sir im reading a strange energy signiture comming from the 8472/borg vessel it appears to be either an energy build up or a form of weapon
=/b.m.p\=

Trillis

*bleep* Trillis to Zenakto, im alligning the deflector dish right now, let me know as soon as its calibrated to the right configureation, im also preprogramming a course through the hole, this is going look very weird on who ever picks us up on sensers, Trillis out, captain suggest that every assumes brace positions as soon as the weapon is fire becuase its going to be one #### of shock warping in reverse, also should i ready some photon torpedo's to collapse the worm hole in case the ship survives and follows us?
=/b.m.p\=

Trillis

what do i do now and where do i go n who do i see?
=/b.m.p\=

Trinity Ryu

"Lt. Commander Trinity Ryu XO of Medical Staff, Reporting For Duty"

(OFF: What's XO?)

Zenakto

Yes Sir.
*taps console*
Sir, I may have found a reason for the computor's malfunction, it seems that there was an energy surge in the 5th level of the Core, it may have damaged it, but there is no way to tell without physical inspection. attempting to bypass the damage.
*taps console*
Computor, bypass level 5 of the computor Core using path entered into my console,
*Computor:* Bypassing...
*the console starts flickering erratically, suddenly sparks cascade onto Zenakto, burning him badly*
*Computor:* Bypass overridden.

Zenakto

*pulls self up by chair*
Indeed, if we gave this being the ability to "regenerate" certain Items, who's to say it wouldn't Build a weapon instead of fixing the console.
*Holds hand to head, as though trying to relieve a headache*
But there's something, something I can't quite place... a nebula, lost, trapped, escape, kill... broken up... perhaps some kind of memory transfer from whatever made the console blow...

(Edited by Zenakto at 1:09 pm on June 4, 2003)