• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Misson 1: "Element of Surprise"

Started by Mike Powell, July 01, 2006, 02:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techerakh

"Well, aside from that, I can't offer much more. Gallifreyan battle tactics are much different than you would be used to. They wouldn't suit ground soldiers very well."
"En Taro Adun!"
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Head of the Gallifreyan Templar Caste

Clyde Eastwood

*Eastwood Stirred abit while Jase took a seat but he just kept on sleeping untill he is woken*
Lt Col Eastwood
XO Marine Battlion

Balkazar

"And if we need more fighters up in the air when we are trying to fight ?, and said unit has no way of flying the fighters because they dont know how?.  No, You run them in multiple roles as I said, and Ill give them the LOA for a day or two.  You do as I say and ill give everyone unstressed LOA for 2 days before the mission takes place and the holodecks will be used for recreational activities."

"We are marines Captain's.  Our job is to be ready for anything that these heraan throw at us and its my job to make sure everyone comes back dead or alive.  Understood?" Balkazar said with an authoritic tone.
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8804/balkazaridcopyso3.jpg" border="0">

Jim Raynor

"There's no getting through that shield. We need a new plan, now."

Heraani fighters began to pour from a fighter bay directly ahead of the pilots.

"Blow through!"

Seven Pyro GX's flew into the wave of enemy fighters. Only six made it through.
Major Jim Raynor
Commanding Officer, Special Forces Division
23rd Battalion, Starfleet Marines

AK Dutton

Sir Yes Sir!
Dutton said after he heard the orders and join the Sir Yes Sir that the entier transport had yelled out.
Dutton took comand of the First fire team and then the door droped, The Heraani had made make shift barracades out of the wreakage of there hull,
Dutton jumped out of the trasporter and whent into a summersalt role and came out on the other side of one of the barracades he took a grenade and held it in his hand untill there was only 3 secs left in the timer then kneeld and chucked the grenade right over the barracade, then he ordered his fire team to flank the barracade and take out any Heraani they came acrossed, he lead the flanking and took out 3 more Heraani, then after his team had cleared there side of the landing zone he waited untill the rest of alpha had cleared out of the transporters then he conituned on.

Balkazar

"Secure the upper decks, then activate the mobile forcefields to hold them, I them at bay, until we can get proper defenses built.  Bring in the equipment and the heavy guns.  Contact Bravo and have them reinforce us.  Tell them to bring alone some engineers, maybe we can use there own technology against them somehow."

Mike Powell

*Captains Veers ship is orbit of Dantor awaiting the marines to report in.*

OOC: Ok everyone the journy there is going to be a five day trip and by that I mean FIVE REAL DAYS so I dont want to see anyone postiong about fighting the Heraan yet and there will be no skipping along and skipping a day. I only do this becuase I will be LOA for 5 days and with out me here there will be no one to work the evnt horizon and make sure the mission goes as planned. I trust you guys can find something to do during the trip. Like run drills on the Holodeck, get to know fellow officers train in the fighter or the new Battle suits. Just please do not become inactive and keep up the good work. If it wasn't for all of you Starphoenix would have died out completly and its becuase of you you can call your selves marines today. Please don't disappoint me. Good Luck and Have fun.
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7162/spmikepowell20zc.jpg" border="0">

Balkazar

"Any assistence you could provide no matter how small would be a blessing." <Balkazar starts to wonder where his staff is>

Balkazar

"Well, someone can fill Dutton in later."

<Goes over and kicks Clyde in the leg hard enough to wake him up>

"Now, I just learned from Tech here, that these Heraan arent very smart but there smart enough to learn and to teach others of there kind our tactics if we let one escape.  Which means it will be harder on us if we even let 1!!!! Heraan escape.  So we will be needing to change up our tactics to keep them guessing, so they dont learn our tactics and use them against us.  But these Heraan were also just created by the Nij'gat about a year ago, which means we have the experience, we have the knowledge and we have the sufficient numbers, THAT! is our advantage.  Surprise will also be on our side.  When the Capitol ships attack the divert the Heraan forces, then thats where we come in at.  We must hit them hard and hit them fast, force them to retreat.  Once in, we will create a foothold that we will use as our base of operations during this strike."

"Raynor and some of his men will go in first, stealth is preffered to set up jammers so they dont call for reinforcements and we can go in without being seen."

"SO!, here is what your assignments are, Alpha will be working on Tactics trying to change them up to where they keep guessing.  Bravo will work on learning how to fly those fighters we have with us.  Charlie will work will work on using the armor.  If your not doing your assigned tasks you will be switching them up to where Bravo does the tactics and learn them, Alpha works with the armor, Charlie with the fighters.  Bye the time we get to our target, I WANT YOU ALL!!! to be proficient with all 3 assigned tasks."

"Tech, do you have anything else to add?"

OOC**I forgot some of what was said earlier heh, so if I forgot anything Tech, speak up.

Nathen Keller

"I agree, Sir. We should not put more stress and pressure on our already stressed and pressured men. We should assign an individual task and just leave it at that. And for the last one or two days we give them a small LOA or break as some would say."
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6562/starpheonixidkellercopy4uo.jpg" border="0">
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/9340/kellerpo3.jpg" border="0">

Jase Jellico

Jase had kept silent and followed orders during the first two attack runs, when the Heraani fighters began streaming from the ship he radioed Captain Raynor, "Sir, if we stay here we`re gonna get overwhelmed, we need to fall back and regroup." As they ran through the fighters Jase saw the unlucky pilot collide with one of the Heraan, "If I remember the briefing correctly this ship has a hundred fighters, ours are more powerful, but they have us in every other category."
2nd Lt. Jase Jellico
Bravo Company
Phoenix-Alpha Squadron XO

Balkazar

"Alright boys listen up, once this door drops we will we no longer have surprise on us, remember to keep switching tactics at all costs got it, there like the borg in someways, they learn, they adapt, Keep them guessing, dont let them get away, no one is to let ONE! of them escape understand ?"

"Alpha company will go in first, Organize 4 fire teams, 2 on the left, 2 on the right.  They will clear the way so let them go slow.  The rest of Alpha company will follow, Charlie company will come in from the rear to protect our asses.  Understand ?" Balkazar yelled over the noise.

Jase Jellico

Jase spotted what looked like a supply post and dove on it immediately, firing a pair of micro-torpedoes. Sure enough it let off a large concussion wave and put a nice size hole in teh side of the ship. He noticed the doors closing out of the corner of his eye. "Cap`n Raynor, I think we`ve overstayed our welcome, allow me to get the door." He snap turned the fighter to face the door and fired everything it had, but when the proverbial smoke proverbially cleared the door was still there, proverbially. "Uh oh, I think we may have a problem sir."
2nd Lt. Jase Jellico
Bravo Company
Phoenix-Alpha Squadron XO

Balkazar

<Balkazar comes onto the Corellia and finds himself his quarters>

=^= "Balkazar to Veer's, my men should be on board soon." =^=

=^= "Balkazar to All company CO's and XO's, report to my cabin ASAP." =^=

Techerakh

"I'm sorry, all I could teach you would be psionic arts, and the Order is very selective in it's training of outsiders. So far, we've only accepted two for training. Captain Taurik, and Ambassador Vurak Spock, who seems to have disappeared."

Techerakh ponders for a moment. "However, I may be able to bolster your forces through psionic manipulation. Increase your courage and fortitude, while weakening the enemy's resolve, for example. But I can't guarantee that the Heraani elites won't try to do the same to us."
"En Taro Adun!"
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Head of the Gallifreyan Templar Caste