• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Misson 1: "Element of Surprise"

Started by Mike Powell, July 01, 2006, 02:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clyde Eastwood

*Eastwood took a seat and started to nod off while the two men talked*
Lt Col Eastwood
XO Marine Battlion

Jase Jellico

Jase walks into the room, "You asked us to report in col-" He sees Tech, "-nel." He looks around at Captain Eastwood nodding off and Captain Raynor standing nearby. He glances again at Tech and sits down near Eastwood.
2nd Lt. Jase Jellico
Bravo Company
Phoenix-Alpha Squadron XO

AK Dutton

"Sir yes Sir"
Dutton stands up and slautes to his superoir officer.

AK Dutton

OCC: i am lazy where do we need to go to train balkazar, i know stuipid ? but i am lazy and forget esly some times^^

Julian

OOC: if you guys are still in dock then can you please respond to the comm in the ops forums? thankyou
EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.

Jim Raynor

The fighter squadron closed on the enemy carrier. As the pilots got closer, they could see the true size of the carrier. It dwarfed the Corellia. Hell, it even dwarfed the Sovereign-class.

Finally, Raynor broke the radio silence. "Lock and load!" he said fiercely, while thumbing the controls to arm the four missiles his Pyro GX carried. The other pilots followed suit.

"Black Knight Squadron, you are cleared to engage," the air boss said over the radio. "Fire at will!"

"Knights, we are red and free!" Raynor yelled. "Knight One, fox three!"

"Knight Three, fox three!"

"Knight Seven, fox three!"

"Fox Two" and "Fox Three" were old military code terms from the 21st century to indicate that one was firing a missile. Raynor had been taught to follow these old traditions of code terms by his instructors, and insisted his pilots do so as well, even when other squadrons did not.

The missiles fired by the squadron were of bombardment-quality yield, designed to be used specifically by fighters to attack much larger capital ships. A salvo of that size would leave a hole in the side of a Federation starship. However, the torpedoes exploded almost harmlessly off of the carrier's shields.

In persistance, Raynor keyed his comm system. "Knights, reference 1-2-0!"

The fighters moved into a slash formation, with Raynor at the leading tip.

Jim locked another missile. "Knight One, sweet lock! Good tone, fox two!"

"Knight Seven, fox two!"

The fighters let off another salvo at the same location on the carrier's hull, and again they had no effect. At this point, the Pyro's were getting dangerously close to the carrier's hull.

"Looks like they got some special shielding over that hull! Knights, pull up, pull up!"

The seven fighters of Black Knight Squadron pulled up hard and began flying upwards along the carrier's hull, in preparation to attack again, somehow.
Major Jim Raynor
Commanding Officer, Special Forces Division
23rd Battalion, Starfleet Marines

Jim Raynor

"Then we pray."

Jim locked his missile on the command tower for the fighter bay. "Knight One, fox three!"

The missile pierced the observation area and detonated, shattering the tower and tossing Heraani bodies to the bottom of the starship-sized chasm.
Major Jim Raynor
Commanding Officer, Special Forces Division
23rd Battalion, Starfleet Marines

Balkazar

*Balkazar followed up with the remainder of the Marines looking rather dashing in there powered armor, marched forward into the fray firing there weapons as they went.  The fire teams were protecting the left and right flanks as Balkazar ordered his men to clear the upper lvls and to seal the corridors with mobile forcefields to block entrance from those points forcing them to come only one way.  Balkazar then fired his weapon and to his surprise with a few short bursts penetrated threw several Heraani who were caught off guard*
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8804/balkazaridcopyso3.jpg" border="0">

Balkazar

((OOC**Alright everyone, I am going to be the big bad wolf.  BUT!!!!!, Everyone better start using Grammer and spelling.  I mean it.  I wont to understand what your typing not spend an hour trying to figure out 1 word.  So start working on that spelling and grammer, RIGHT! now.))

IC**

"We cant, Tech, if we fall back now we loose our advantage.  Dutton, use grenades if needed.  Charlie company come up and reinforce the fire teams with your own fire teams.  MOVE!."

*Charlie computer sent several more fire teams up to reinforce Alpha fire teams.  Then Alpha company started to threw Grenades into the fray wounding and killing several heerani, they followed up with gun fire from there new weapons, it took several short burst shots from everyone but the heerani were begining to loose numbers forcing some to retreat, but they were cut down by the teams that were on the upper deck, before the heerani could totally escape*

OOC**Everyone start posting now.  I believe the only ones left in this area are about 10 more of them, they are still fighting even tho there comrades are falling.

Balkazar

OOC**Cmon guys I think its been roughly a week sense anyone has ever posted, Raynor, you need to respond to Jellico, Dutton when you get back start posted please, Eastwood I know your working and your hours have been increased but I need you all to post ASAP.  Ive done my part and im waiting for responses from everyone else.  I cant complete this one on my own.

Techerakh

A figure in a cloak materializes in Colonel Balkazar's quarters.

"Greetings, Colonel. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Master Techerakh, a Templar of the Gallifreyan Order. I understand that I have come unannounced, but I wish to warn you. These Heraan are incredibly powerful, they are unlike any foe you have encountered before. It is doubtful that your mission will succeed. Unless, of course, you have the assistance of a Gallifreyan Master."
"En Taro Adun!"
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Head of the Gallifreyan Templar Caste

Balkazar

"Whew, the Federation sure knows how to pick there enemies, <Goes and sits down, then motions to Tech if he wishes to sit>, Do you have any tactics that your permitted to teach us that will help us against them ?, then perhaps we could mix up the tactics to really keep them guessing?"

Techerakh

Techerakh seemed blank for a moment. "What? Oh, the prophecy. It's... it's just an old legend, nothing to worry about."

"But I forget my manners. Captain Eastwood, my name is Techerakh. I am a Master of the Gallifreyan Order, and I will be accompanying you on your mission."
"En Taro Adun!"
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Head of the Gallifreyan Templar Caste

Balkazar

<Chuckles> "Should we wait for Dutton?"

Balkazar

<Shakes head>

"When I say I want you all to know there tactics, work with the ships, and the new armor.  THATS! what the holodecks are for.  Which means while we are on our way to our target I want everyone who isnt working on there assigned tasks in the holodecks I want them working together to find a new tactic for us to use.  General Powell, wants us to be trained for the use of ships and ground combat all of us are to be trained.  Right now we will be all ready for ground combat.  However, bye the time we are at our target and if the corellia needs more ships then guess what, we can all fly the ships.  We are marines, I will place you where I think you are needed most, which means if I want alpha and charlie on the ground you will be there and your set.  If I want bravo in the fighters then there set, or if I want all of us in the fighters then we all know how to use the fighters and we dont need a crash course, If I want us all on the ground then bye god we will be on the ground.  I told the General before we left that I would work you guys to the breaking point for now and future missions if it calls for it we are ready and this is the perfect time sense we have 5 days to work on everything, Understand now?"