• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Misson 1: "Element of Surprise"

Started by Mike Powell, July 01, 2006, 02:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Raynor

Jim walks into the cabin. "Colonel, why are we meeting in your--"

Raynor caught a glimpse of Techerakh and jumped severely. "Oh, jeez! You scared the living sh*t out of me!"
Major Jim Raynor
Commanding Officer, Special Forces Division
23rd Battalion, Starfleet Marines

Clyde Eastwood

*woke up and started yelling orders but then quieten down when he relised where he was*

"Sir i got a problem with that plan, if say for example Charlie and Alpha companies are on the ground and bravo is up high in the fighters, then how are we ment to change when bravo has the fighters up high, its not as if they are going to land just so we can change ojectives"
Lt Col Eastwood
XO Marine Battlion

Techerakh

The Gallifreyan gestures to himself. "Master Techerakh. It is a pleasure to meet you, Major Keller."
"En Taro Adun!"
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Head of the Gallifreyan Templar Caste

Jim Raynor

The Corellia dropped from warp speed, revealing a rather large Heraani battlestation and it's defense, a lone capital ship, a command carrier, one of the most powerful vessels in the Heraani armada. This image was piped to dozens of screens all over the ship, and all crew onboard knew there was to be a massive battle between the carrier and the Corellia.

Raynor was in the pilot's mess when he saw the picture. He pressed a comm button on the wall. "All pilots, report to the fighter bay! I repeat, all pilots, to the fighter bay!"

Jim grabbed his combat duffel and ran to the fighter bay. Upon reaching it, he removed his helmet, strapped it on, and tossed the bag aside. the captain crawled into his fighter and began the preflight checks.

"All fighters, scramble!" the intercom blared. "Scramble immediately!"

Jim was all to happy to oblige. He gunned the throttle, as did several other pilots. Immediately, they formed up into a wedge.

The pilots in the formation could feel the tensity in the air as they rocketed toward the distant command carrier, waiting to be in attack range.
Major Jim Raynor
Commanding Officer, Special Forces Division
23rd Battalion, Starfleet Marines

Balkazar

"MR! Dutton, The partying will be AFTER! the training and if your not careful Ill make sure your after training party is in the Brig till you get a tad bit more professional.  Do you understand me!" Balkazar said with a grin.
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8804/balkazaridcopyso3.jpg" border="0">

Balkazar

<Balkazars Quarters>

"So Tech, will you be the only one joining us ? or will you have a Cadre of your psionically gifted Gallifreyans to assist us?"

Jase Jellico

(Sir, I read teh briefing on the Heraan when I posted, our fighters are more powerful, but they have numbers, speed, agility, etc.)

"Captain, I hope you know what you`re doing." Said Jase as he followed Raynor toward the door, "And please for the love of God don`t forget about their shields, I don`t feel like ending up bug splatter, sir."
2nd Lt. Jase Jellico
Bravo Company
Phoenix-Alpha Squadron XO

AK Dutton

(occ i am trying my best at spelling and grammer but i was never good at that anyway but ill try my best)
IC*

Dutton ordered his fire team to grab anything that exploded slap a timer on it bout 5-7 seconds and throw it at the heerani and then advance, dutton grab a pack of C-6 plastic foam and stuck a grenade timer in it and tossed it on a heerani trooper, the C-6 exploded with a statisfying boom sending the heerani head flying into his comrades hands.
" Thats showing em'"
and with that the fire team and Dutton leading the charge ran at the few heerani troopers that were in front of them, the red bolts of phazer fire shooting past Dutton the blue heerani rnergy blasts blasting into his fellow soldiers, the heat of battle was on the charge slowed down as the marines were taking heavy losses, 3 heerani were left after the charge but they were hunkered down and did not want to quit. dutton came up with a plan, He took 3 marines on the left flank and told the rest of his troop to move to the right he left 4 Phazer rifles with there dead soldiers helmets on them so it looked like 4 marines were left behind, Dutton and his best 3 marines sneaked up behind the heerani and fired gernades and phazers right into the weaker sheilded back. the rest of the marines came around aftwer getting the rifles out from under the helmets set up a foritfication were they had just gotten rid of the heerani and there were only 10 marines left just then he looked behind him and saw the reenforcements commign down the path of desturcion that they had just left behind.
" Yall just missed the fun" Dutton ssaid jokingly then gave then orders to help foritfy the area against a counter attack witch he was shure was commin.

Balkazar

OOC**We alredy took the main area where we landed threw, so theres atleast a safe place unless you went off on your own somewhere else on the station?

AK Dutton

(occ: i am going to go with Alpha Compainy on the drop my fighter is a hunk of space debire and i got beamed out of the escape pod)

Dutton grabs His gear and puts it on, Grabs a phaser rifle a hand phazer and 2 combat knifes puts the knifes in his boots, Slings the rifle over his back puts The hand phazer in his blet and jumps on a Drop ship and gets ready to rollout.
Checking his gear his helmet and armor is ready to go, his hand phazer is at full charge as well as his Rifle puts the safetys on and gets set for a roughe landing just incase this go bad witch they tend to do for him.

Balkazar

"So what your saying is to keep them guessing ?, much like the borg with there ability to adapt, a federation ship will keep switching shield fequencies to make it almost impossible to cut threw the shields."

"So we must keep them guessing with pulling every combat tactic out of the damn handbook, is that what your saying?"

AK Dutton

Dutton bursts in panting " Sorry sir i just got word to come here" HE sees tech and the others finds a extra seat and sits down his breath quickly easing back to normal.

AK Dutton

"Yes sir, i meant that to be after the training sir."
"I do not want to go to the brig sir!"
HE sits back down and looks Balkazar strait in the eye.

Jase Jellico

Jase jumped into the cockpit of one of the fighters, he looked over the controls briefly and keyed the preflight sequence. After a few moments he pulled the ship off the ground and let her hover for a second while he cracked his knuckles. He`d never flown a military fighter before, but he`d flown plenty of shuttles, and the controls weren`t very different, just more panels for the extra sensors, wespons, better engines, etc. He slowly nudged the fighter clear of the bay and brought it back to a dead stop. He inhaled deeply and punched the throttle forward as far as it would go. He was forced to exhale when he was forced deep into the seat. He kept a mostly straight course, he didn`t show off like most of the others that he could see. He pictured the asteroids as enemy ships, the larger ones being capital ships, and the smaller ones fighters. He eased the stick around, moving the ship around the 'battlefield', firing at a 'fighter' here, placing a torpedo on a 'cap ship' there, he ended with a back loop-front loop around two massive asteroids, and vaporized three smalelr ones when he pulled out of the manuever.
2nd Lt. Jase Jellico
Bravo Company
Phoenix-Alpha Squadron XO

Techerakh

Leaping back into friendly lines, Techerakh surveyed the casualties. Seventeen dead Heraan, twenty-eight dead marines.

He moved over to the colonel, who was kneeled behind a barrier. "Colonel," he said, "I would suggest you order a retreat. You are not going to win this battle."
"En Taro Adun!"
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Head of the Gallifreyan Templar Caste