• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Classroom 7

Started by Marco Diaz, December 14, 2005, 02:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Excellent, Cadet. That is one very open solution, at which in talks, it would be likely that the Planet X representative would find it acceptable. Very good. Do you have any questions so far?"

"Cadet Grax, sorry to keep you waiting. To begin, please tell me all you know from scratch about diplomacy".

Yaxara Grax

"You could send some of your representatives onboard our defence forces, to observe everything and approve all actions. Also, you could check everything out before we even send the forces, and we could sign a treaty.
There is another possibility, in which you could be completely reassured-joining the Federation. We would have to protect you, to help you, and to supply you, so you would gain multiple things, without siging any extra treaties."
http://imageshack.us" target="_blank">http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4338/bet1ja.jpg" border="0">

Honora

Aye sir.

'Honora made sure to take careful notes of the outline.'

pfakkert

Looking at the paper
Thank you ,sir.. I'll start at it right away.
Ensign pfakkert.
Romulan Forth Year Cadet at Deep Space Academy.
Diplomacy classroom.

Marco Diaz

Good to hear you like it, take as much time as you need.  And afterall you are a third year student now, it shouldn't be too easy now should it?  http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>
Captain Marco Diaz,
Commanding Officer DSA

Hobson's holographic emitter transported to the open Diplomacy classroom, and he took place at a table with the Cadet.

"You will have to suffer through me again, Cadet. The lack of locatable instructors means we have to double up. So...diplomacy. This is a very rich subject. Tell me what you know of it right off?"

Ali'aln Tulak

Sir, no questions.
Lt. J.G. Ali'aln Tulak
                       Chief Medical Officer
                          Chief Counselor
                         U.S.S. Lothlorien

mimas elfeneye

And why, might I ask, would Calos want to leave the Federation?
They have benefitted a lot, since they signed the treaty.  Since I am ambassador of the federation, you surely cannot expect me to go an ask someone, anyone, to leave this institute.  Unless ofcourse, there is a benefit for Calos, which can persuade them into a ceize of hostilities.
But, I must warn you, it's not because Calos leaves the Federation, that they will be harmless, and defenceless. Surely you are aware that their technology is superior to yours...
Hm, ... if I understand the workings of the federation correctly, we might intervene, when an overpowerd race tends to overrun a weaker species.
Maybe, I can work out a deal here.
Let me talk to Federation HQ, if they cannot make Calos stop the hostilities, they probably wont disagree on expelling Calos. If Calos then still commits acts of war, the Federation might consider to send a "peace-army"...

mimas elfeneye

Thank you, sir,
Yes, I have a question...
Why would the ambassador, of a species that does not want to join the Federation, come to the ambassador of the Federation...
It would seem more logic, that the Calos representative would have made this coversation...  I found it strange...

"Very good Cadet. Cadet Elfeneye, you have completed the Diplomacy course. You may begin commission in Starfleet in the field of diplomacy. You will want to meet with Captain Archer, Academy CO, about carrying on to your career. I am short of time at the moment to assist properly".

"We have no interest in becoming a part of your Federation. But your proposal of our own defence does spark my interest. If the Federation's Starfleet would provide us with more defence forces, that we could operate only ourselves. That might put an end to this conflict".

Honora

I thought there were no teachers yet?

Marco Diaz

"Vulcans dont have to be good liars to be effective. Their strong logic powers help them out"

Opens a drawer and takes out a sheet of paper

"Lets see what you've learned, a test to start you off"

Hands Peter the paper

You find yourself on a planet fresh with life and new faces. It's a new race that has discovered warp capabilities.
Talks begin with this race, we'll call them Kataan. They are a technologically advanced form of farmers. They have populated their star system
by terra-forming planets.
They are neighbours to another solar system that is less than half a light year away. The two races' solar systems intersect at the outermost planets and have
made contact to each other many times.

Both claim ownership of a rogue planet rich with vegetation that is between their zones. No wars have been fought but many skirmishes have broken out.
The Kataan and the Seirya (The other race, not warp capable) are like the Romulans and Vulcans in appearance and history so the prime directive is not imperitive,
although you should be aware that unlike the Vulcans these 2 races are not quiet meditation types.

Tell me what you would do to resolve their problem and still come out peaceful.
Captain Marco Diaz,
Commanding Officer DSA

pfakkert

Good morning sir.
Here is my solution to this conflict.
The first issue I would discuss before meeting the Cardassians is the possibility to also invite a Bajoran representative to the negotiation table.
They will probably refuge that request , but this will show me that this conflict is pure about Bajor and has nothing to do with the federation.
If the Cardassians allow to let a Bajoran take place at the negotiation table will mean that they take Bajor and the provisional government very serious  and the this blockade might have a different reason than we all think.
I will first ask the highest ranking Cardassian officer if he is willing to meet me at one of our own starships to give him the feeling that we are neutral , although I'm almost certain the Cardassian officer will insist to meet at one of the Cardassian Galor-class cruisers, because this will give him a feeling of superiority.

A possible solution
Make sure the blockade makes the Cardassians look like the agressive party.
Try to get federationships to dock at Deep Space 9, if questions are asked, they are here for resupplying.
Ask Friendly races from the Gamma quadrant to dock at DS9 and let the Bajoran Government invite official representatives from the Gamma quadrant to Bajor.
This will mean that the bigger starships will orbit around Bajor and the Cardassians will not take the risk to attack Bajor and make them look the agressor in the eyes of the Gamma quadrant guests.
Explain the Cardassians the terrible consequences of guerilla warfare, and use the example of the Cardassian freighter that exploded at DS9 on stardate 47800.
As as last option bluff and tell the Cardassians that if they will not stop the blockade, the federation will speed up the Bajoran entry to the Federation and that they could be members within a few days.
How to make the Cardassians leave the blockade without losing face , and gaining something.
Give the Cardassians the possibility to board the convoy with relief supplies to scan and search the ship for any illegal goods they think might be on board.
The search will be done by the Cardassians crew but supervised by the highest ranking cardassian officer an myself as Federation representitive.  
Tell the Cardassians officer that the Bajoran and the Federation will not make anything public about their short blockade of relief goods to the visiting guests from the Gamma quadrant.
If that is not accepable we can make public that they were working in the interest of security for the delta quadrant and were expecting to find tools and hardware used for terrorist activities.
If these options do not help we could 'bluff' and offer to "consider" delaying the entry of Bajor to the Federation for some time. (Although we are not at liberty to make that decision!!http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=';)'>
Ensign pfakkert.
Romulan Forth Year Cadet at Deep Space Academy.
Diplomacy classroom.