• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Classroom 7

Started by Marco Diaz, December 14, 2005, 02:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali'aln Tulak

We received readings and energy signatures from this nebula and we were curious to see what it was and if was of any asset to us. We didn't mean any negativeness towards this and we certainly didn't mean any offensive or hostile movement by this act of curiousity.
Lt. J.G. Ali'aln Tulak
                       Chief Medical Officer
                          Chief Counselor
                         U.S.S. Lothlorien

Ali'aln Tulak

Mr. Ambassdor:
I will inform the command of this vessel and we will obey only if we can take a few more scans and run a few more tests on the nebula. Afterwards, we will leave and never bother you again.
Lt. J.G. Ali'aln Tulak
                       Chief Medical Officer
                          Chief Counselor
                         U.S.S. Lothlorien

Ali'aln Tulak

OOC: Are there any positions where I could be CMO & Ch.Ambassador
Lt. J.G. Ali'aln Tulak
                       Chief Medical Officer
                          Chief Counselor
                         U.S.S. Lothlorien

No. Ensign is the beginning rank from the Academy.

"Planet X is independent of the Federation, while Calos is in the Federation. They are neighboring planets, and species. Planet X feels that by a planet in the Federation being so close, that with the Federations enemies, it poses a danger. They are the true aggressors, since they have the dispute, and have made combatic actions to back it up. But, the last thing the Federation wants to see is death. Even though Calos, and the Federation could easily defeat Planet X in combat situations, it is not an option if at all possible. That leaves it to the Diplomats. How would you avoid war in such a situation? Obviously, Calos probally will not leave the Federation, and will not be removed at threat from Planet X by the council. But Planet X continues its threat of attack and war as long as Calos is in the Federation. The diplomats must find a way to resolve this, or they fail. You are the chief diplomat in this scenario, and it is not an easy one. Keeping in mind that it is always possible, and acceptable for there to be no logical solution, you must make every effort to find one. That is what this training is meant to do".

mimas elfeneye

"A very good summary. I think we can jump straight into scenarios with you.

The situation: There are two planets. One Planet X, the other Calos. Planet X is unhappy with the fact that Calos is a member of the Federation. These neighboring planets are close enough to where anyone with one, might surely effect the other. Planet X claims that the Federation has many enemies, and that would at Calos to a list of targets, and almost automatically they feel, adds Planet X as a target to Federation enemies, even though it is not in the Federation.

I will be the representative of Planet X, you are a Federation Ambassador sent to examine, and attempt a diplomatic solution to the situation. Calos' representative is not present, as they requested a Starfleet diplomat to show a more serious presence

I will begin:

'Calos' entrance into your Federation is a potential threat to our world, that we cannot ignore. If they are not removed, we will take action against them".

Yaxara Grax

"We would gladly provide you with the defence forces, but we would have to have some of our men onboard them, you realize that of course."
http://imageshack.us" target="_blank">http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4338/bet1ja.jpg" border="0">

Marco Diaz

Our search for a proper teacher has yielded no match yet.

So, to help make things move along I will take on this course.

Please forgive the lacking attention, the DSA has been going through some changes that past couple months.

Whenever you are ready post here and we can get started.
Captain Marco Diaz,
Commanding Officer DSA

pfakkert

Sir , <raises his hand to ask a question> as a Romulan it's easy for me to bluff and lie , but what about Vulcans? It's should be easy to negotiate with a Vulcan because they can never tell a lie!
Ensign pfakkert.
Romulan Forth Year Cadet at Deep Space Academy.
Diplomacy classroom.

Marco Diaz

"Excellent, you are well on your way.  You are promoted to Cadet third year, please change your avatar."

Passes out his next assignment

Mission 3

You are meeting with emissaries from a possible Federation member, obviously they have warp capabilities but at a cost.
Their military has exceeded its power and overthrown the government threatening everything they have worked for.
One Emissary is associated with the military, and the other with the local government and it's they who are  requesting Federation membership. They are a strong race, and could prove useful as Federation members but they also have a  violent past.
Problem may be how to appease both sides without them going to civil war.

What would you do in this case? Good Luck Cadet.
Captain Marco Diaz,
Commanding Officer DSA

"That would depend on what you choose to do after the academy. You will be well recognized for being a completing officer in multiple fields, and will have the ability to hold positions in more than one field at times. As a graduated diplomat, you are likely to be called upon by your CO to be involved in diplomatic situations.

Now, to begin this...I suppose this course is more of talking, than of reading off lists, as Medical was. Your communication skills are paramount. You never want to be misunderstood to who you are interacting with, as even a misunderstanding, meaningless to some, can set the 'tone' at negative. And so the first point to remember, avoid at all costs creating negative feelings. Bitterness will make talks difficult.

Learning to 'read' who you deal with is also important. What do they like? What do they dislike? Passive or aggressive? If a representative seems set on continuing or worsening conflict, make all attempts to discover why. Without actually coming out and asking.

Now for something that might be fun, or as fun as anything in a course. With you and I here. You will be one representative, of the Federation. I will represent X species. I will provide commentary as we discuss.

The situation: You are representing the Federation in a matter of territorial dispute. I and my people are claiming that a Federation Starship disturbed my planet by taking orbit in research of interesting nebula near it. The Federation claim is that permission was recieved from a security post. I will begin."

*clears throat*
"What explanation does the Federation ambassador give for the trespassing of one of thier ships!?"

Ali'aln Tulak

OOC: Is it possible that we could finish the training tonight? What all will I be trained in?
Lt. J.G. Ali'aln Tulak
                       Chief Medical Officer
                          Chief Counselor
                         U.S.S. Lothlorien

"That knocked quite a bit down. I would like to give you a final exam to complete this course. Simple scenarios, with simple solutions or avenues of resolution".

Scenario 1: War is on the brink between two alien species. They both have technology to destroy each others planet in an instant, and they show all intent on destroying each other totally. What point can be made to implore them to reconsider options?

Scenario 2: One peacefull race is in talks for a treaty of peace and cooporation within thier space. A neighboring planet's species dislikes this agreement, and has sent thier own representative, who constantly provides negative input to the talks. What do you do?

Scenario 3: A species offers unlimited weapons supplies for a Starfleet replicator. How do you approach this?

Ali'aln Tulak

Sir: Just out of curiousity...since I am certified in 2 areas do I get another promotion? And I will check the posts immediately.
Lt. J.G. Ali'aln Tulak
                       Chief Medical Officer
                          Chief Counselor
                         U.S.S. Lothlorien