• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Classroom 4

Started by Nekturn, January 14, 2006, 02:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baphomet

"I have inquired about you taking the exam, so please bare with me Cadet."

Baphomet

"Firstly we shall deal with the concepts of subspace."

She actives the Computer board which displays three windows; One has a simulation of an atom, the centre looks like a star containing Neutrons and Protons, which is being orbited by electrons, also display is there orbital path (Shells).
The second window displays a multitude of subatomic particles; Tachyons, Mesons, Photons etc.
The third window displays a graphical representation of the waveforms of the four main forces of the universe; Electro-magnetic, Gravity, Strong nuclear and weak nuclear.

Baphomet then continues...

"Subspace is the basis of all interactions of matter and energy in the universe, subspace as you should know already is Space at the Sub atomic level, also known as the Quantum level."

"There are three main levels of the universe which is normal-space, where most life in the universe exists, this area of space is measured in four Dimensions; Three spacial (Length, Width & Depth) and One Temporal, the state of linear progression.
The next level is Quantafied as a realm know as Hyperspace, consisting of the remaining Six main Dimesion.
The other level of the universe and it's very foundation, is the one previously discussed as Subspace, the very foundation of the Universe."

Rylaan Brish

Squinting his eyes at the PADD in front of him, Rylaan shakes his head as he looks over what he's been writing for the past half an hour. clicking another button, he pulls another pad from his bag and places them back to back transfering the data from the original marked "Study" to the one he took out marked "Inventions, Theorums and Postulations"
Placing the second one into back into his bag, he looks up towards his teacher trying not to let his attention slip again. Unfortunatly for him, as he looks up a small insect flys through the hologram of his teacher, and once again his mind begins to race trying to find a way to make the holo emmitters better. Grabbing the PADD from his bag once again, his fingers fly over the touchpad, and once again his attention is split between his teacher and his rambling mind.

OOC: Sorry about my randomness in my posts, I'm trying to get across the fact that this character is a scatterbrained genius...
Second chances rarely go the way you want them to...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/dionon/rylaan.jpg" border="0">

Rylaan Brish

OOC: My questions are relevant. I know you didn't write the database. I was told to ask "Any Questions" I had on the subjects within, and I did. The fact that I am told my questions are not relevant means that you were looking for specific questions. If that is the case, just say so, and don't insult the fact that I find fault with the notion that a universe that moves faster than light cannot escape a trap that only moves at light speed. If that is scientific cannon, there should be NO worm holes in the Star Trek Universe, Transwarp Drive would never work, and the entire method of Slipstream would be nothing but a fantasy, but that is not the case here. My apologies if I have insulted you in any way, I just don't like being told my questions are irrelevant when I was told I could ask anything.

IC:
As Rylaan hears the answer to his first question, he readies a new question, as he hears the answer to the second, he blinks, and nearly forgets the question he wishes to ask as many new ones play across his mind.

"Commander... how can it be advanced technology when the species that lives there has lived there since their pre-industrial times? And I never said anything about the center of a Black hole, That I understand with all clarity. What I asked was why would there be a problem in this day and age with escaping back across the horizan when it pulls at light speed, and almost any ship worth it's salt moves much, much faster than that."

Taking a breath, Rylaan readies another question, but realizing that he is probably angering his instructor, instead opts to do something else.

"My apologies Commander... I sometimes, get ahead of myself with questions and postulating theorums to answer them. Forget I asked. Please continue."

And with that, Rylaan's head slightly droops as he half heartedly pays attention while staring out the window of the station.

Dominic Hobson

"Time folding or any temporal formation are fascinating to me. I have a question if you know it or not, if wormholes take you to another time period, or if time just does not carry in while traveling. So one can travel long distances that take decades or more but not age a second".
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/7418/cohoshorezo8.jpg" border="0">
Dominic 'Dom' Hobson
Science Officer
Space Station Avalon

Rylaan Brish

"I have no questions in this field commander"

Baphomet

OOC: I don't blame you

IC: "Cadet Brish you will have to take engineering also."

Dominic Hobson

He sits for well over an hour reviewing the material, and sets the PADD to one side of his desk.
"I have prepared the best I can, sir".
Dominic 'Dom' Hobson
Science Officer
Space Station Avalon

Dominic Hobson

Hobson slipped in and took a seat behind the other cadet. "I am sorry to be late. I have just switched to this course from medical".
Dominic 'Dom' Hobson
Science Officer
Space Station Avalon

Dominic Hobson

OOC: I found information in database research to where I was satisfied with the answer. I did the research, but found information to the wrong conclusion.

"I suppose I can be reminded why I am here. I hope to be educated well in the end. I have been enrolled for over half a year, longer won't razzle me any".
Dominic 'Dom' Hobson
Science Officer
Space Station Avalon

Baphomet

"No Cadet, Photons are subatomic particles that are part of the Electro-magnetic field, but contains no charge."

Continues...

"Photonic energy, is the complex matrix of photons within light intermixing with a static electro-magnetic field, for example Computer generated recreational Holograms."

Dominic Hobson

Hobson sat awaiting the continuing of the lesson.
Dominic 'Dom' Hobson
Science Officer
Space Station Avalon

Baphomet

"Cadet Brish, as far as I know I am the instructor, but if you think differently let me know."

Impassively she then turned to Cadet Hobson.

"Temporal displacement can be achieved via a wormhole, that is effected by a massive gravity-well.

Furthermore wormhole travel is near instantaneous and no one location within the universe has the same measurement of time, so in essence, although not the pacific sense of the word, is time travel.

As you know, Warp drive is achieved by generating a Subspace field around a vessel and by applying massive amounts of localised energy, compresses space infront of said vessel and expanding that space behind, in so doing achieving the effect of Faster Than Light travel, with travelling Faster Than Light. The Subspace field that allows a  vessel to Warp space, generates mass amounts of Gravitons and Neutrinos, as this effect interacts with a huge gravity well, example of which being a star, the effect creates a temporal displacement.

Remember that their are four main forces of the unverse:
Gravity
Electro-Magnetic
Strong Nuclear
and Weak Nuclear
If it were not for those four forces, the universe would literally rip itself apart.

But with all this said, the best way to travel in time is interdimensionally."

"One thing to remember is that there are three main 'levels' to the:
~Subspace; Space on the subatomic level, ergo Quantum level and the foundation of the universe.
~Normal Space; Also known as space-time, due to the face that it is made up of 3 spatial dimensions (Height, Width, Depth) and 1 Temporal, as all beings in normal space are effected by time, normal space being where all physical life evolved.
~Hyperspace; Higher dimensions and considered to be the primordial chaos, where the universe began and was cut off and compressed, due to the creation of Normal space."

Baphomet

Before I continue, I would like to know if you Cadets are going into Speciality sciences (eg. Biochemistry, Xenoarchaeology etc.)
Reason being, the Science officer needs to know several sciences, but not necessarily specialities, listed in ().

Rylaan Brish

Picking up his PADD after recieving the news that he would have to go through another class and reads the information available to him for the Exam.