• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Student Activity Center

Started by Eugene Archer, June 14, 2005, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawolsky

Major John Kawolsky
Chief of Security
Dantor

Reynolds

*Reynolds enters*

"Commander Balkazar, sir. I am Ensign (Provisional) Reynolds and i have been instructed to attend the Security classes"
Ensign Christopher Reynolds
Unassigned

Ardeth Wildcat

Hal reentered, 3 wheels squealing as he crashed through the door.  "Oopsie!" he exclaimed, sounding like something special.  He didn't know that Ardeth could possibly be in a good mood, and decided to sneak to his favorite place.  Hal was slinking behind people, and screaming, "HELLO!" at the highest volume setting he had.  He then darted away.

Sean Russell

*Russell looks towards Matthews*

G'day, the names Sean Russell.  I'm over in the Tactical and Security division, but will probably look for some command training as well in the future.  You guys see all those security codes?  Sheesh...
http://excoboard.com/forums/8389/user/49476/116567.jpg" border="0">

pfakkert

Ensign pfakkert walks into the student activity center and sits down at one of the tables. The room is empty.  Shall I walk to the replicator and have a cup of tea, he thinks..?  He walks to the replicator and orders a cup of tea. After sitting down and taking his padd, he start reading about the 'rules of diplomacy'  I'm really hoping to get my first diplomacy testcase soon. Isn't it exiting!, I'm really at the academy!!
Ensign pfakkert.
Romulan Forth Year Cadet at Deep Space Academy.
Diplomacy classroom.

Aonarin

Manach enters the room for a moment, clearly looking for someone.  Not finding them, he leaves again without a word.
--Aonarin Manach.

Ardeth Wildcat

Hal moved lightning fast, capturing the queen, and placing Pfakkert's king in Check!  "Check.  Now you need to get out of trouble.  3 moves till Checkmate if gameplay continues like this." Hal said, being generous to let Pfakkert know he can change it.  Hal then gave Pfakkert an advantage, deciding not to be evil and try to block him with a Bishop.  "Your move." Hal said, waiting.  Hal noticed that he left a really sticky spot to get into if Pfakkert got out of the death hold Hal had on him.  A bishop was in line with a pawn, and after that, was his Queen.  He would remedy this problem next turn.

Aonarin

Manach hands in his essays.

If I were stranded on an earth-like planet, I would first make a patrol of the surrounding area.  If it is secure from hostiles, then (provided I was there due to a shuttle or ship crash) I would search the wreckage for anything useful.  Then I would take inventory of everything and have my men erect shelters.  That done, I would attempt to construct a communications device to contact starfleet while seeting my men out in a security perimeter.  Food could be easily obtained by the surrounding wildlife.  This is all provided I was stranded away from civilization.

First contact is an extremely delicate subject.  I would be very careful to learn everything possibly available on the species.  Many species have things which they would consider offensive if misscomunicated.  I would be sure to show no signs of agression, however I would also have defensive systems ready to power on in a moment should the species turn out to be hostile.  It would be important to make them feel both welcome and not threatened.

"Sir, when I graduate, which I hope to be as soon as possible, I would like to assume a security position, either on Starpheonix or somewhere else--preferably near the front lines."
--Aonarin Manach.

Kawolsky

"Good evening, sir. We're heading out to our classroom now."

*Kawolsky and his fellow cadets exit*
Major John Kawolsky
Chief of Security
Dantor

NCC74656

*Kahless walks in, gets prune juice, sits by Davis.*
Davis:"Ugh Why'd ya get that, NEWBIE?"
Kahless:"Mr. Worf suggested it when I met him as a child."(saying it almost angrily)
GM

Frank Hummel

"I am guessing standard security protocal is part of the Marine course, I know Intelligence is a more advanced field, Tactical is the way to go these days if your going for security/tactical. The security field isn't very advanced as far as duties and more expendable."
http://mars.walagata.com/w/sirius000/hummel.jpg" border="0">

Frank Gordon

Gordon sets his drink down looking at the cadet.

"Commander Nickerson is the CMO of the Station he's more often in the infirmary you might try looking their."
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/1ID-Gordon.jpg" border="0">

Danok

Danok turns to look at Jase.
"Force, Cadet Jellico, is a necessary evil.  And when it becomes necessary, Vulcans must play their role in it."
--Danok.  Try to live long and prosper.

pfakkert

Right, This can't be very difficult.
We've got a similar game on Romulus but with an oval board and the pieces represent the members of the senate.
It's played by four Romulans and the goal is to make alliances and use tricks and betrayal to get rid of your opponents. The one that wins will recieve the honour to keep the 'EMPEROR' piece at home until the next match.
Unfortunatly I have never had that honour.. Everytime I play my diplomacy and mediation skills spoil the game for me. But...enough talk, Ensign pfakkert places one of the pawns two places forward and after a short time the board is filled with chesspieces.
The first piece is about to fall.
Aai, I hope Hall does not see that I forgot to cover my queen that is now being treatended by one of his rooks; pfakkert thinks.
Ensign pfakkert.
Romulan Forth Year Cadet at Deep Space Academy.
Diplomacy classroom.

Kawolsky

"Sir, when i graduate i would like to assume a tactical position, at first, and then make my way up to command."

*OCC: Balkazar, have you just joined Stargate SGA? There's a user name exactly like your's*
Major John Kawolsky
Chief of Security
Dantor