• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Classroom 9

Started by Nekturn, November 05, 2005, 04:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunn Mann

*Looking at the navigation computer readout*

"Sir, I have the comet on sensors, plotting comet trajectory.  Taking evasive action."

*I plot a new course taking the comet's trajectory into consideration and enter it into the CONN*

"New course plotted and laid in Sir."
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/gunnerman1971/gunnmann.jpg" border="0">

Eugene Archer

*Archer re-entered the holodeck silently and watched cadet Ghemor at the helm. As Archer was watching, Ghemor just made a very nice manoeuvre, avoiding a suddenly-appeared asteroid*

"Well, cadet, I see that you have mastered the manual controls very well. Your flying skills look very promising."

*Archer walked over to cadet Ghemor*

"Computer, freeze simulation.

I promised you that in our next lesson, that now has begun, I would tell you all about navigation, course plotting, and inputting information in the computer. So, here we go."

"Now, when telling the computer where to go, you can do so by giving one of five different 'input modes'. These five modes are:
- Destination sector
- Destination planet or system
- Absolute heading
- Relative heading
- Spacecraft intercept

When inputting a certain sector of space, the spacecraft is sent to the same location in the targeted sector as it holds in the present sector. When selecting a planet or system, the computer calculates the correct direction automatically. The same goes for plotting an intercept course."

"If you, however, want to head for another location than a planet, system, other vessel or sector, you can give the computer a heading. The absolute heading is a flight vector specified relative to the center of the galaxy. In this case, if you want to head towards the center of the galaxy, your heading will be: bearing 000, mark 000.
When you talk about the relative heading, it is measured relative to the current direction of the spacecraft. Something directly ahead of the vessel is then at bearing 000, mark 000. The bearing indicates the azimuth (angle along a horizontal plane around the vessel), and the mark indicates the elevation. The bearing increases as the heading moves from in front of the ship to starboard. The mark increases as the heading moves upwards."

"Any questions so far, cadet?"
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Archer.jpg" border="0">

Eugene Archer

*Archer receives Kennedy's message and responds:*

=^=Very well, cadet. I am on my way.=^=

*And five minutes later, Archer enters the classroom to commence cadet Kennedy's training. He walked towards the young man and shook his hand*

"I am Fleet Captain Eugene Archer, Commanding Officer of this academy and I will teach you all about starship piloting, navigation, etc. Now, before we start, I would like to know what you already know about this subject, any previous experience, anything that might be useful. By doing this, I know how far you already are, so that we can finish this educational program as soon as possible."

trian

i am the new cadet and was told to come to class room 9 for helm traning:)
trian
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/BecKaDoodles/expendabilitystartrek.jpg" border="0">

Eugene Archer

"You have answered all the questions correctly. I am very pleased with that. Especially question 3 was answered incorrectly many times before. Because of your good prestation, I hereby promote you to Cadet Class 2. Please change your avatar accordingly. Now there is only a small part of theory left for me to teach you. After that you get another test. When you pass that test, things are getting interesting, and we will start your practical training."

"But first some more theory. We have completely covered the part about navigation and flight control. One more subject I would like you to know about, are some battle tactics and its corresponding maneuvers. I will only teach you the basic maneuvers, here they are:

Alpha: involves a mostly straight on approach to the target

Beta-1: te ship dives down between two enemy ships, firing at least once at each of them (and hoping they will miss it and hit each other)
Beta-2: aproaching the target closely, the ship jinks to the starboard of the target, then dives beneath it to emerge on its port ventral side, firing as it goes.

Delta-1: te ship swoops up from underneath a target to attack its vulnerable ventral side.
Delta-4: an all-out, straightforward frontal attack

Sierra-1: the ship swoops in from an aft dorsal angle to attack the target from behind

"Of course there are lots more maneuvers, and when you have talent for piloting and strategy, you might even think of your own maneuvers, like Captain Picard and Commander Riker have once done."

"This covers all theory needed for the coming practical trainings. I would like you to absord all this information. I have put it all on this PADD..."

*hands over the PADD to ensign Trian*

"...and I would like you to prepare for your final theoretical test. I will now prepare the test, and I will see you again in this classroom, tomorrow afternoon."

trian

i used manuver delta 1 and went under the comet sir
trian
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/BecKaDoodles/expendabilitystartrek.jpg" border="0">

Hodson

*Cadet Zack Hodson enters the room and as he sees the commander he goes to attention*

Cadet Hodson reporting for class sir. If I may ask is this part of the command track if not can you point me in the dirrection of that class?

Trekertrev

Live by the bat'leth, die by the phaser

Cobra

"Powering up engines, okay let s see what this baby can do"
Ensign Ender Wiggin

Graduated Helm Training

Cobra

Ender had the fighter wing fly a random patteren around the Tiberion.

"Targeting weapons and sheilds." he said

"Group one Engage attack pattern Beta-2 group two engage attack pattern delta....Now!"

The fighters break away from their ships and and open fire.

"Sir! losing sheilds." a pilot said

"Head back to the ship, theres nothing you can do now"
Several others began to report the same thing.

=^="Wiggin to captian, my ships sheilds are starting to fail we're coming home"=^=

A few minitues later the fighters were reentering the tri-teried forece feilds covering the launch bays, Ender quickly got out and tapped his comm badge.

=^=Sir, were all here, get us out if you plese.=^=
Ensign Ender Wiggin

Graduated Helm Training

Gunn Mann

OCC: I'll give it go!

IC:"A Delta Flyer, I have always wanted to try one of these things out!"

*Gunn Mann settled into the CONN and began to get familiar with the obstacle course programmed into the Delta Flyer*

"Sir, this is quite a challenge you have programmed.  Checking out helm, all systems read green, course and speed laid in, engaging now."

*The Delta Flyer moved ahead at half impulse power*

"Leaving standard orbit and heading to the first obsticle.  Changing course to match the program, this course is taking us awfully close to that gas giant planet, vectoring in for gravity slingshot, ugh!, gravity slingshot achieved!"

*The gravity slingshot assist rapidly increased the velocity of the craft and the current course had the craft heading to the star of the local system*

"Changing course to match it's going to get a little hot in here"

*The course adjustment brought the craft into the very outer edges of the star's influence*

"Shields holding, internal temperature climbing, engaging warp nacelles, warp 3 engaged!"

*A short trip at warp 3 brought the delta flyer to the next obsticle*

"Dropping out of warp, ion storm!  Adjusting sensors"

*The Delta Flyer began to rock as Gunn Mann adjusted the sensors and kept velocity at full impulse inside the ion storm*

"Hold on sir, just a little bumpy ride is all, almost there, almost there, whew, ion storm cleared, adjusted course engaging warp drive"

*This was last obsticle the Delta Flyer was approaching*

"Coming out of warp sir, WHOA!  Gravity well, compensating, if I can't adjust this in time the ship may get sucked into the gravity well, placing life support at minimum I gonna need the extra power sir!  Course and setting laid in hopefully there is enough power!  Engaging impulse drive to 120%!

*The Delta Flyer groaned and whisked away from the gravity well*

"Holy Smoke Sir, end of the course has been achieved.  Hopefully my time is adequate"

*Gunn Mann had reached the end of the obsticle course and sat at the CONN, hands slightly trembling as the last move was definetly not something he wanted to repeat any time soon.  He crossed his fingers to stop the trembling.*
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/gunnerman1971/gunnmann.jpg" border="0">

Eugene Archer

*As the flyer exits the course, the simulation stops, and the holodeck fades back into the classroom*

"Cadet Ghemor, you have shown full comprehension of everything I taught you. You have applied the maneuvering, and also versatility by finding new ways through and around the course. You've made use of the impulse drive, thrusters, AND warp drive. Because of this, you've set a great time: 2 minutes and 48 seconds. Not a new record, but still over ten seconds faster than the record that hadn't been beaten for years."

*Archer walked over to the desk that stood near the door. He opened a drawer and took something out of it. He then walked back to cadet Ghemor.*

"Cadet, I am very proud of you and your performance, and you have earned this fair and square. You are hereby graduated from the academy in the field of Helm."

*Archer showed Ghemor what he picked out of the desk: a shiny, gold pip. He pinned it to Ghemor's collar.*

"So, ensign Ghemor, what are your further career plans? You want to continue studying at the academy, or find a job on board a starship or space station?"

Eugene Archer

*For a moment, Fleet Captain Archer was surprised by this answer*

"Well, I'm glad you figured that out while still in the early stages of your education. It's not a problem for you to change to security. The only thing is, that I first need to find a Starfleet Officer, willing and capable of teaching security. I myself would be very glad to do so, but I was trained to be an engineer, not a security officer. Therefore, I will start finding a teacher for you right away."

trian

1.is c rear bow

2.bering 045, mark 050

3. bering 018, mark 000
trian

Eugene Archer

"Very creative."

*Trian evaded some more asteroids and some smaller objects, and then they cleared the field.*

*Archer snaps his fingers again, and the bridge changed into a normal classroom again.*

"You've showed great potential and you showed you have the knowledge, skills and inventivity a Flight Control Officer of Starfleet needs. You also showed that you are able to remain calm during emergency situations. In short, you have proved that you deserve it to serve onboard a starship in the fleet as FCO. You are hereby graduated from the academy.  I promote you to the rank of ensign. You may change your avatar 'again'. I advise you to look around the fleet in search of a job. Just ask around and you will get a position somewhere. If necessary, I can write a letter of recommendation. Good luck with your career."