• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 2: "The Dark Side"

Started by Julian, August 13, 2007, 10:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nocturnus

Off: just a nit pick note, I do believe I'm in another part ofht e complex talking with Ransom.

*grins at ransom*   I must ask you though.  While julian is a fine lady, how much does she understand or know what I'm involved in?  *sighs* eventually I'm going to have to tell them aren't I.  now tell me.  How did my clone die.  I've been stuck on that ship with karelia far to long.  Far different from the alt karelia from my realm.  The guys a nutcase.  To many blaster shots tot head I think
"To whom do you fear the most.  THe person who says they will kill you? Or the person who's still thinking about it."

Voyager

**Mirror Dolan**

Dolan sighed mentally, remembering he forgot to tell the Admiral about the neurogenic interface and tried to get out.  He started to panic when he couldn't disengage from the interface.  He sent a transmission to the Ops deck since he couldn't speak with his mind locked in the neurogenic interface.

=/\= Lt. Commander Dolan to Admiral Julian.  I can't disengage from the neurogenic interface.  Using force to get me off will both kill me and probably cause every EPS conduit on the station to explode.  I'm not sure Lollock will be able to take control while I'm still engaged in the neurogenic interface.  And also, the rebel fleet is under the impression the station is fully repaired and prepared to defend itself.  Waiting for them to get close isn't wise, since they'll get suspicious. =/\=

Dolan called for a medic and then worked on getting one of the transporter rooms back online.  After a few minutes of struggling, he managed to get life support and transporters online in one of the transporter rooms.  He got a lock on the Iroquois crew and prepared to beam them straight to their ship.  He wasn't going to take advantage of these people to the point of forcing them to sacrifice themselves for people they just met several hours ago.  He sent a encrypted transmission to the Iroquois.

=/\= Lt. Commander Dolan here.  I have a transporter lock on your people and am prepared to beam them to your ship.  Once you're done with preparations, I'll know and will beam your people to your ship.  Once they are in, get out as fast as you can.  Admiral Julian plans on using you to defend us, though your chance of survival isn't that great.  Don't respond to this message. =/\=

A medic had arrived and started scanning Dolan.  Dolan was shocked to find out his body is now in a stasis-like state and that his mind melded with the station's computer.  It seemed he was now the station's new AI and now that his mind was linked to the station's computer, they were one and the same, though he might be able to transfer to the holobuffer for limited amounts of time.

Dolan managed to get his emotions under control and now was slightly amused at the idea of being a living computer core for the station.  He pitied the medic that had to explain all of this to the Admiral.  It didn't matter if the Admiral killed him or not - no one else could use the neurogenic interface and medical technology had not reached anywhere near the point of saving him.

(OOC: I hope no one really minds this new development.  I hadn't exactly planned it myself, but now we have an intelligent AI for the Mirror station http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/android.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':android:'>.   Reminds me of that sci-fi show...Andromeda, I believe the name was.  Of course the resources on the station will be restrictive...I wonder how the station will get out of this hole.)
William "Voyager" Dolan
Lieutenant Junior Grade
U.S.S. Normandy
Chief Science Officer
http://www.expansionfleet.com/ships/ambassador2.gif" border="0">
Ambassador class specs: http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html" target="_blank">http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html

Tara Lollock

Lieutenant Swift, can you give me a status report on the Lothlorian?
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

Voyager

**Mirror Dolan**

Dolan fired the beam as soon as the rift closed and was fortunate he did so in time.  The station was about to be split in half by the rebel fleet but as soon as the purple beam of light that shot out of the station hit and covered the entire rebel Lothlorien, a strange wave of light came from where the ship just was.  Dolan watched, interested, as several ships vanished when the light reached them and briefly wondered what would happen to him right before the light reached the station and everything changed.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Evolution has been badly damaged Commander!" yelled a nearby officer.
Dolan grimaced, not too surprised, since the Evolution was already in not too great a shape and couldn't help take out the rebel base several light years from the station.  The station shruddered violently from the heavy fire it was under.  Fortunately, the troop transports that were going to take over the station were destroyed by the station.
Dolan was also glad he decided to rig a temporal weapon as a back up in case the holoimager failed.  He asked, "Is the temporal weapon fully powered yet?"
"A few more seconds...and...done!"
Dolan fired as soon as he heard the word 'done'.  A beam of green light was shot out from one of the station's phaser arrays and hit one of the rebel ships.  Dolan watched, somewhat mystified, as a wave of light suddenly appeared at where the ship just was and noticed a few rebel ships disappear and a new ship reappear, which resembled a Miranda-class ship, but seemed heavily modified.  The wave of light then hit the station, which suddenly appeared somewhat less damaged and everything else changed.

---------------------------------------------------------

Dolan was on the bridge, in an Admiral uniform, and was watching the situation closely.  The rebel fleet had apparently recently managed to steal several ships from an Imperial base and concluded that was why shipments to the station weren't getting through.  They didn't hesitate to open fire as soon as they dropped out of warp.  The holoimager was knocked offline and now everything was going on some temporal weapons Dolan managed to acquire some time ago, since the station was only at 65% readiness, due to the damage they.
"Target the Miranda-class vessel with the temporal weapon and fire choniton torpedoes on the I.K.S. Vengeance.  Also, have the Evolution and the Rivendell attack from behind the rebel ships," ordered Dolan.  He recognizing the Miranda-class ship from several reports from survivors of attacks and the I.K.S. Vengenace as the ship Karelia managed to steal several years back.  He looked on as the I.K.S. Vengeance was crippled beyond repair by the choniton torpedoes and was awed when the Miranda-class ship vanished after being hit by a blue beam of light.  He grew confused by the wave of light that appeared from where the Miranda-class ship just was and even more confused as the light hit the Vengeance and the ship was fully restored, but facing the opposite direction.  A New-Orleans class ship appeared right next to it, apparently about to ram the Vengeance before Dolan was blinded by the light and the station changed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Admiral, the Lothlorien just rammed into the I.K.S. Vengeance," said Dolan as he watched the battle unfold from the bridge, "Also, the station managed to cripple several of the smaller rebel vessels."
"Fire the experimental weapon at the other lead vessel," ordered the Admiral.
"Firing...now!"
A burst of white light came from the station and hit a vessel nearby the Lothlorien.  The vessel vanished and a wave of light suddenly erupted from where the vessel was.  The Vengeance and the Lothlorien were hit with the ligh and were now facing the rebel fleet, neither ship damaged, with the Evolution, Rivendell, and a Defiant-class ship approaching from behind.  Dolan was confused by this development but couldn't do anything as the station was rapidly submerged in the light.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Rebel fleet approaching," said Dolan, as he watched from the bridge of his ship, the I.S.S. Redeemer, one of the first of a new class of ships.  He wondered why the rebels were planning a suicide mission on the station, since they were poorly equipped.
"Maintain postion," ordered Admiral Julian over the comm from the station.
"Just prepare to salvage some materials from the debris," said Admiral Karelia, from a nearby vessel.
The rebel fleet dropped out of warp and were immediately fired on by the Imperial fleet that was waiting for them.  The most of the rebel fleet was crippled in a matter of minutes, though several managed to warp away.  The station had would have taken the rebel fleet out by itself, except the Admiralty didn't allow that, just because they wanted to test the fleet out.
"Should we pursuit?" asked Swift, from the Iroquois.
"No, you have your orders," answered Karelia over the comm.
Dolan shrugged and said to one of his bridge officers, "So we're still on for that game of Velocity later?"
"And have you beat me for the umpteenth with your genetic enhancements?  No way!"
"Well, I'll be in my quarters.  Notify me when we're finished and then set a course for the station."
Dolan then left the bridge and went to his quarters to look over his plans for enhancement to the ship's weaponary.  He then glanced at his plans for an interdimensional rift generator but decided that idea was too far fetched and put those plans away.  Soon after, he ordered lights off and went to sleep, wondering if there really was another dimension.

(OOC: This whole post really doesn't matter, I just wanted to have a little concluding thing for the end of the mirror universe.)
William "Voyager" Dolan
Lieutenant Junior Grade
U.S.S. Normandy
Chief Science Officer
Ambassador class specs: http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html" target="_blank">http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html

Tara Lollock

Hail Avalon, msybe they know whats going on.

Clark, Aye sir.

**Lollock sees herself on the screen**

What in the........

Mirror Lollock: **Without looking up from her console** This is Lollock what do you want.

"Who are you."

Mirror Lollock: What do you mean **she looks up** Who the Hell are you and what are you doing on the Iroquois. Wheres Cook?

"Ensign, mute audio........ Can someone tell me what in the hell is going on around here?"

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"

Tara Lollock

**She looks at the screen and sees herself again**

"Umm Tara, i am hoping we can find a diplomatic solution. We were pulled through an anomoly into your universe. I am hoping that you have the technology to get us back."

Mirrot Tara: "Come to the station and we'll discuss it"

"Thank you Tara"

Ensign set course immediatly maximum warp. Can we shake those fighters?

I'm sure she has something up her sleeve. I just dont trust her. Lieutenant any idea what she's planning?

"Die well!"

Nocturnus

AAh i'm sorry Doctor Starchaser, It's been a tough few years, quiet an interesting story you'll find when i tell you.   I will show you the proper respect you deserve.  Doctors really are an important integral part of the ship.  Busy yourself with your tests and work, i will quietly remain silent over here in the corner until your done.  *closes eyes and quietly meditates of the current situation*
"To whom do you fear the most.  THe person who says they will kill you? Or the person who's still thinking about it."

Apodae Swift

"Commander Cook I'm here to assist." Swift said, he looked towards the admiral. "What is the old klingon proverb you told me when you did an inspection of my mother ship back when I was about ten, the first time we met? Nocturnus?" It was a bluff, one of the classics, Swift knew he had never met the real Nocturnus and the real Nocturnus would know that and tell him as much. However a fake Nocturnus would either say that he remembered and make one up, or say he remembered the meeting but not the details. The number of divisions or any official information could be easily learned, something like this, although fake, would not have been included in any intel anyone could read on the admiral. Also it would be hard to know he was lying due to the familiar way he said the Admirals name, as if they had met outside of starfleet business.
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
Acting Chief Tactical/Security Officer
USS Iroquois
http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=171;t=16" target="_blank">Apodae Swift's Personnel Profile
"Either you come in peace or we blow you to pieces, your choice." - Swift

Voyager

**Mirror Dolan**

Over the comm, Dolan's voice is heard, replying to Commander Cook's question, which he heard through through the screen where he was monitoring Swift as he worked.

"I am not an inventor, Commander Cook, I am a person who examines foreign technology and sees how it could improve our technology.  It's reverse engineering, to some degree.  It's similar to the Borg, except I'm not aiming for perfection, just improvement.  And thanks for accepting my gift.  You have to find a way to get Swift to calm down.  With reaction times like his, I think he could let down his guard for a relaxing day off.  Talk to you all later."

Dolan liked Cook, but seeing that Swift was still very much on the edge, he decided to return in a little while, perhaps in an hour or so.  He felt a little sorry for Swift, since he was so close-minded to the world.  The people on the station were in most cases very open to newcomers, but Swift was acting very irrationally and unreasonably tense.  The Swift that Dolan knew was much more relaxed and Dolan was actually very good friends with him.  But then the Iroquois was destroyed by a mysterious force and Swift was gone.

Unfortunately, nothing could be done to the other Swift, as Admiral Julian was a fanatic when it came to Starfleet.  Though Dolan might get off a little more lightly than the other officers, since he pretty much had the entire station under his control, most others wouldn't.  Besides, having the Federation as an ally was useful to Dolan.  He had ready access to all the materials he would need, since Admiral Julian couldn't afford to have him as an enemy after he began upgrades to the station.  Especially after the move to Dantor, which was much rougher than expected.  Dolan shrugged off all the memories and continued to work on a prototype phaser bank, now using some of the technology from the phaser rifle.

Unfortunately, he couldn't throughly scan the Iroquois without the Starfleet officers finding out since his scans were extremely short ranged, but also extremely informative, and they would probably figuring out it was him.  Dolan checked the screen that was monitoring Swift before beginning work and setting a timer for one hour, so he could talk to Commander Cook later.
William "Voyager" Dolan
Lieutenant Junior Grade
U.S.S. Normandy
Chief Science Officer

Nocturnus

*nocturnus turns tot he captain*... I hope you have fully assessed the situation before blindly walking into it.*.  *points to swift... that can only end badly.  Swift has no idea of the tactics nor skills of hte mirror universe *sighs*.

Tara Lollock

**Mirror Lollock gives Julian a glare back... The kind of glare that only a Klingon can give.**

Lollock-- First of all, thank you for your hospitality. I think we first need to figure out how we can get my ship back to my universe. Then we need to determine what to do about those other vessels that were near the entrance.

"Die well!"

Tara Lollock

Alright, if getting us home is the easy part. Did you have any alterior motives for bringing us to your station?

"Die well!"

Nocturnus

OCC: probobly destroyed http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>.. and at least YOudolan will be free.

Jeroen Bode

=/\= Iroquois, it is Captain Bode, our Rift Generator is draining a lot of power, I would advise you to enter the rift as soon as possible =/\=

Occ= I'm trying to speed things up
http://www.jeybe.nl/images/jeroenbode.jpg" border="0">

Weasly Cook

((Confused.... because the Mirror Universe knows about our universe... or so I thought... I am confused.))

Commander Cook smiled as he heard the friendly voice.

=A= Captain, it is good to hear your voice... I felt like for a second there we were stuck there for a week, anyway, I guess we should be ready for a debriefing now?=A=

Commander Cook then turned to the controls and saved all the readings that they had taken from the mirror universe, He turned and looked at Captain Lollock. "Scans saved and ready for Earth to look over at the next supply exchange. Boy... will this be an interesting story to tell once it gets declassified." He laughed and seemed to relax then.
For the twentith time Captain Smith, you are not to dart into the hallway.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">