• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

U.S.S. Tiberon Mission 8: "From the Ashes"

Started by Tom Karelia, April 11, 2005, 04:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berik

Still catching up on briefings, Captain Berik comes out of the turbolift carrying a few padds reading as much as he can of his new mission

Looking up at the crew he sees his new XO formerly the Captain of this fine vessel. "Good Morning Commander" He greets him with some excitement.

The rest of the crew seemed nervous but confident at the same time, he gave the new crew a look of confidence and a reassuring nod.

"Are we almost ready to depart, Commander?"
He says while checking his ships roster.

Captain JG Berik
Commanding Officer, USS Tiberon

He's dead, Jim -  McCoy

Tara Lollock

Hello Captain, it's nice to finally meet you. My name is Commander Tara Lollock and i will be taking over as the ships XO.
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

William Wallace

I came on to the bridge shortly after the new Captain hello Captain Berik I am noramlly just the doctor but being a little light on crew I have taken a couple of shift as Science officer as well sir.
William Wallace
Commander
Executive Officer
USS Lothlorien NCC 12588

Loxians

*On board the Loxian flagship, the Prime Commander is looking at the viewscreen, as his ship is firing immediately upon the station.*
"Soon, this will be over, and Loxius will be the primary power of this sector again!"
*Suddenly, their weapons stop firing at the station. The Prime Commander turns around to look at his tactical officer.*
"Why did you cease fire! We've got a perfect opening now! Fire weapons, NOW!"
Tactical officer: "Sir, I'm being locked out of my panel. I can't access any system any more!"
"WHAT?"
Computer: "Auto-destruct sequence has been initiated. Countdown 5 minutes."
"WHAT?!?"
*The Prime Commander slams his fist on the chair arm.*
"Someone is tampering with our system! Get control back of the ship, NOW!"
*Suddenly, the Loxian flagship comes about to face its own smaller Loxian fighter ships, and opens fire... Instantly, 6 smaller fighters are destroyed. Next, a salvo of torpedoes is launched, destroying 4 more Loxian ships. No firepower is directed anywhere near the Starfleet vessels.*
Tactical officer: "Sir, we're destroying 10 of our own ships, and there's no way I can get access to any system at all... engines, weapons, shields... Not even the auto-destruct sequence!"
*The Prime Commander furiously gets up from his chair, pushes the tactical officer aside, and attempts to take control over the panel himself. But he too, is being locked out no matter what. At that moment, the flagship fires another salvo of torpedoes as well as disrupter fire, destroying 12 more ships.*
Computer: "Four minutes to auto-destruct."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

OFF: In-character you don't know what is going on, but basically what happened is that the Skytoucher took control back over its own ship, as well as over the flagship.

Tom Karelia

Karelia overhears Novalien's comm message.

"Take energy from all non-essential systems instead. We need engines, weapons, and shields at their best. And if absolutely necessary, I'm willing to jettison the supplies to protect the ship."

Lt. Commander Thomas Karelia
Chief Helm Officer, U.S.S. Tiberon

"Lieutenant Torres, there is no one on Deck Nine who doesn't know when you're having 'intimate relations'."
-- Seven of Nine

Tom Karelia

"With pleasure, Captain."

Tom takes the helm from the officer who had been dismissed moments earlier, and begins plotting a course to Dantor.

From the Observation Deck of Avalon Station's shipyard, several people gather to see the large Akira class ship disengage and enter open space once again.

"Lieutenant Torres, there is no one on Deck Nine who doesn't know when you're having 'intimate relations'."
-- Seven of Nine

Novalien

*Comes out of turbolift running*
Sir... I 've picked up the message in enginerring. I guess the best would be to jetisson it all and pick it later.
*Think a minute*
But ... something we could do it throw the supply's, not the food nor the medicaments, but the heavy construction materials at their ship ... it could do some real damage. If we hit their warpcore, we may destroy it, and some other ships, in one hit. Still, we'd loose the supply... but I, personally, think it's worth it... even more if it only saves the station or some ships even only some lives! They would not expect it either ...

*Work at console for a second.*

*Gives report pad of the modifications needed to do it, to Tom*

... What do you think of it? If we start now, we may have the system ready for the combat.

What is the point of gouing forth, if you only look behind you?
NovaLien

Novalien

Right, then i'll go see if i can make some room into the cargo room... just in case. Sir.

*Leave the bridge*

NovaLien

Tom Karelia

"Indeed, Mr. Wallace. Ops, open a channel to Avalon Station."

=/\= U.S.S. Tiberon to Avalon Station. Requesting clearance to dock. =/\=

-- Seven of Nine

Novalien

*grims about the statictics he read*
Sir, may I sujjest that we get the ship repaired, and the space cleaned of all these debris. Our total attacking power is at 10% ... and I'm not talking about our sheild ...
NovaLien

Tom Karelia

(OFF: Actually, we're quite a ways from DS12, at Avalon Station, but we'll pretend that's what you said. BTW, sorry for the late reply.)

"Engaging warp... now."

The large vessel streaks into subspace at faster-than-light speeds.

-- Seven of Nine

Mathew Moriarty

An hour later the Amsterdam arrives at the fight shields and weapns ready.

Message the fleet.

=/\= We here gentlemen. Let us begin the fight.=/\=

A large Excalibur Class pops onto the veiw screens and starts to fire at any loxian ship in range.

Former Chief Tactical Officer USS Aztec
Former XO USS Discovery
Former XO/CO Uss Excalibur

Out there Second Star to the right and straight on till morning (Star Trek Wrath of Khan.)

Malcolm

*The ares just bairley beats the Flagship to the station, then it does an about face, facing head on with the flagship, the ares aims its weapons towards the flagship and begins to barrad (not sure if correct term) the flagship forcing it to find a different path to avalon...the flag ship still continues to bombard the ares,but the ship holds...*

=^=Ares to all Avalon and the other ships...=^=

=^=this is the ares,we've managed to hold the flagship at the moment, ...we'll be able to hold'em for a while,just finish off the rest=^=

=^=Malcolm out=^=

Malcolm Lenoas Galan
Lt. Commander
Chief Counselour - USS Evolution
http://siriuscolonyrpg.freeforums.org/portal.php" target="_blank">Sirisu V Colony RPG

Novalien

That was a close call.... a minute more in warp and engines would have blowed up!

Switching all energy to sheild and weapons.
Torpeedoes are ready... so are the tractors and suppy... want me to shut the tractors ?

NovaLien

Talen

Yes, Sir.
*Gets to work on the level one weapons diagnostic*
(Off: I'm a Ms. Not a Mr. http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':p'> )
Talen
CTO
U.S.S. Tiberon