• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 11: "Greed is Eternal"

Started by Jeff Keach, September 03, 2005, 04:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Keach

*Jeff looked around at his crew as they sat and stared at their instrument panels*

Dammit!, get our people back.

*Jeff rushed over to the ops station and shoved him aside.  And examined the report*

"hmm, transporters might work, how about a tractor beam?  Talen?"
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Julia Rellek

=/\= Jeff, does anyone have any ideas?=/\=
Name: Rellek, Julia Marie
Position: Member of High Command

"Fortune favors the bold"

Jeff Keach

(OFF: understandable Tara http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>   )

"Unfortunately we were unable to rescue the Ferengi. They are missing."

"What we need to do is find out why and what this distortion has to do with it."

"Can we circumvent the field?  I'd like to return these items to the proper owners, the Loxians."
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Jeff Keach

Under all the tension Jeff managed to crack a smile at Tom's remark.
The Loxian territory stretched a large portion of space and they would soon be in the middle of it.

"Something like that, yeah"  Looking over at his helmsman

"Ops, open a channel" He said turning around. Ensign Smith initiated the proper commands and signaled to the Captain.

Jeff cleared his throat, thinking of how to word it right.
"This is Captain Keach of the Federation Starship Tiberon. We have in our possession some items that we believe belong to you"

He paused as he waited for a response
After a moment of silence a response came. There was a distortion in the transmission and not much of it could be heard
"Captain........ch?......wher............cuments?...................Have you seen......"
Smith motioned that the transmission got cut off there.

Keach grimaced. "Well, try to fix the transmission, Wallace."
"Tom, bring us within transporter range of the planet. And can you come up with a backup plan to get us outta here?, when the time comes"
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Jeff Keach

Indeed, I'm anxious to know what the Ferengi are doing here.

*A tiny hint of a smile crosses his face, its been along time since he was in command of a ship and he was happy*

*He looked around at the bridge, only helm, science and tactical would be needed and they are not present*
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Tara Lollock

Tom, you may want to slow to imluse at the edge of the Loxian Territory. We don't want to get caught in the grravity displacement field.
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

Jeff Keach

Excellent,  Commander Lollock, prepare an away team and be ready for anything.

Where is Mr. Talen, I want him on the away team.

*Jeff turns around*
"Looks like its just you and me Commander Wallace, keep a sharp eye"
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Jeff Keach

Commander Talen, keep a passive scan on this area.

if you find any unusal readings notify my at once.

*goes back to his seat*
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Jeff Keach

A distress call came at no surprise to the crew as the local disturbance grabbed the shuttle too

=/\= Hang on tight shuttle, we'll get you out =/\=

Get them out of there, can we use the transporters? I dont want to risk the ship anymore
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Jeff Keach

(off: no problem, but you should probably post this where Tara is.  she made a new topic called Shuttle   http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>   )
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Julia Rellek

(Sorry, wrong character.............oops http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'> )
Name: Rellek, Julia Marie
Position: Member of High Command

"Fortune favors the bold"

Jeff Keach

Meanwhile on the Tiberon.........

The away team's signatures were being detected on the disabled Ferengi ship.
The crew of that ship was only showing a slight detection.
Something was blocking any further transmissions and the distress call terminated

"Power systems fluctuating, we better hurry up. *taps commbadge* Bridge to transporter room 1, lock onto the away team and beam them aboard"
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Tara Lollock

OFF: Sorry for my absence but i had some school and work issues pop up. But i am back.
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

William Wallace

Aye Captain already done as soon as I realised what the event was doing sir.
William Wallace
Commander
Executive Officer
USS Lothlorien NCC 12588

Jeff Keach

Jeff thought about the problem.

"If you say the distortion could be coming from the previously destroyed Ferengi, I will agree with you as well."

"But I got a hunch that once this field is gone it won't come back."

"Tara, after the last incident. would you suggest that we send an away team to the planets surface?"
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command