• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 11: "Greed is Eternal"

Started by Jeff Keach, September 03, 2005, 04:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Wallace

Yes Captain.

After about an hour or tying to unscramble the message I turn to the Captain.

"Captain I don't understand this. It is being scrambled at its source sir. I can't make it any better than it was. Sir."
William Wallace
Commander
Executive Officer
USS Lothlorien NCC 12588

Jeff Keach

The crew was steadily preparing for the away mission when a very loud and shrill alarm was coming from Ops.

Jeff walked over to Smith's station and watched as a message was being displayed.

Priority command!  It was from Avalon.

"Listen up people, we have new orders, forget the away mission." He said with a concerned stare

"Admiral Vorak has ordered us to return to Avalon Station immediately.
Tom lay in a course maximum warp to AS"
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Jeff Keach

*As soon as the rest of the bridge crew reported, they took their positions*

"Helm, input coordinates for the Loxian Territory"
"Mr. Wallace initiate your sensors as soon as we are within range, look for any unusual readings"
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Tara Lollock

=/\= Lollock to Tiberon, we're trapped can you get us out of here?=/\=
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

Talen

With the gravitational forces at work a tractor beam might pull them apart Sir. So unless that's the outcome you're looking for I'd suggest transporters.
Talen
CTO
U.S.S. Tiberon

Jeff Keach

He looked over to Wallace with a look of confusion

"Couple of hours? wha?.... This is strange. William, can you keep a sensor record of this event.  In case high command want to investigate it further?"

Jeff sat back down in his seat and pulled the armchair console towards him and began inputting commands
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

William Wallace

After about six hours in the far distance behind us there was a quick flash and the senors recorder beeped to let me know that the gravity distortion was finished. I thought to let the Captain know.

=/\= Commander Wallace to Captain Keach, Sir the senors recorder is ifnished its task Captain. Did you want me to send you a copy. I have started analising it sir. I should be finished my analysis by the time we arrive at the Loxian system, Captain. =/\=
William Wallace
Commander
Executive Officer
USS Lothlorien NCC 12588

Jeff Keach

During the last hour the crew was steadily preparing for a mission that could be trouble.

It was feared that the Loxians would take great offense at our being in their space.

Jeff was in his ready room making a captain's log. He had just finished when he made his way back to the bridge.

"So, they want us to make the first move?" The captain rubbed his forehead in frustration.

"Alright, let's give it to 'em" He turned face his Tactical officer "Talen, prepare your security teams, you will join Tom's away team"
"Commander, you lead the away team, peace is our ally, remember that.  Good Luck"

All the Senior officers  looked at their commanding officer with a scowl, deep inside they all doubted his decision but were too bound by the chain of command to argue.
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Tom Karelia

"Aye, sir. Engaging at warp six."
Lt. Commander Thomas Karelia
Chief Helm Officer, U.S.S. Tiberon

"Lieutenant Torres, there is no one on Deck Nine who doesn't know when you're having 'intimate relations'."
-- Seven of Nine

Jeff Keach

As the very small bridge crew sit and monitor their sensors, they feel the ship start to rumble. At the same time they see the shuttle craft leave on main viewer. This may have something to do with the gravity displacement field.

"What was that?."

The rumble soon stopped. Looking forward they could see the shuttle was farther from the Tiberon. A thought occurred in Jeff, maybe other ships have a strong affect on the field.

"Hail the Ferengi Ship"
The crewman standing at ops opens a channel
OPS: "no response sir!"

"Damn, scan for lifesigns, keep a transporter lock on the shuttle crew"
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Tom Karelia

(OFF: It's better to keep everything related to this mission in one topic. Non-mission posts (such as at spacedock) can be split into separate topic, like "Bridge", "Mess Hall", and such, but this way, a reader won't have to over-navigate to read the whole mission.)
Lt. Commander Thomas Karelia
Chief Helm Officer, U.S.S. Tiberon

"Lieutenant Torres, there is no one on Deck Nine who doesn't know when you're having 'intimate relations'."
-- Seven of Nine

William Wallace

After arriving on the Bridge I start to work on the ships Science section and slowly as I watched the distion wave started to disapate.

CAPTAIN whatever happen to start the effect it has now begun to disapate sir. in a couple of hours sir is my guess we won't even need to avoid the space sir.
William Wallace
Commander
Executive Officer
USS Lothlorien NCC 12588

Jeff Keach

*In Ready Room*

Jeff was growing tired of reading the logs, they were all the same.  All contained record of items taken, how much each was worth, where they could sell them. Nothing useful.

A thought was given as to why the Ferengi requested help in the first place.

And why their ship was disabled

*Wallace's communique was recieved*
*=/\= Thank you commander.=/\=*

The distortion is gone, what a coincidence thought Jeff.
Why did it disappear after the ship was destroyed

*Jeff stood up and returned to the bridge*

making his way over to the science station he marks his target with a stare
"Wallace, I have a thought. Could the Ferengi ship have been the source of the distortion field?"
He thought about what he said and repeated it to himself
"Were there any unusaul energy readings on that ship?"
Avalon Division
Executive Officer,
Second in Command

Talen

"My teams are standing by for your word, Commander Karelia." Talen said, saulting smartly and leaving the bridge after a few quick comms.
Talen
CTO
U.S.S. Tiberon

Will Karelia

Name: Karelia, William Michael
Assignment: Commanding Officer, Avalon Division
                        Executive Officer, Expansion Task Force

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/meritoriousservice.gif" border="0">
"I'm glad that Karelia always understands the things, which I don't..." - Fleet Admiral Montrell