• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Warp Field Research Lab

Started by Pierre Louis Assis, November 17, 2003, 02:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark White

"Thank you Major, now if you will excuse me, I must meet the Admiral for dinner"

OFF; I will discuss it with him at our table

Event Horizon

*The darkness that the energy cloud casts over the base, seems to keep growing stronger and more intense, as the Na'jigat feeds from the station's energy source almost first hand through the water. But then suddenly... there is a momentary faltering, and for a moment the cloud looks like a sky of thunderstorm clouds that are beginning to clear just a little, and leaving just one ray of the sun through... some bright white light appears to be shine through the vast darkness of the energy cloud, so bright and clear that it does not seem to come from the Na'jigat cloud itself, and neither can be undone by the Na'jigat... The bright ray of light grows slightly wider and stronger, shining brightly upon one of the buildings of Starphoenix Base... even so strong that the light almost seems to easily go THROUGH the thick walls of the building, making it look a bit brighter in its surrounding darkness... and then gently, the light fades away again... The Na'jigat cloud seems to become restless, and even more eager to feed itself from the energy as fast and as much as it can...*

Pierre Louis Assis

*enters the room*

Mr. Sulu, how are you? I was informed that the new CO of the station will be arriving soon and that I'm to put this lab to work again with your help ASAP.

*points to a large crate*

Could you help me with that? It's a bit heavy, but nothing that a reverse gravity field can't help us with...

*presses a button on the crate's size and it hums, becomming lighter*

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CSO- StarPhoenix Planetary Base
CO - USS Lattes

Harn_Sulu

*Harn walks in, prepared to start training.*
(Is this the right place?)
USS Lothlorien
Chief Science Officer

Pierre Louis Assis

I certainly don't mind, Mr. Sulu. Please proceed with the other lessons then.

I want a report on my desk as soon as you finish them. We will then start some practical exercises.

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Pierre Louis Assis

OFF: Sorry for vanishing. I had the most difficult couple of weeks ever...

So, Mr. Sulu... I believe you are ready to talk to the Admiral... Should we schedule a meeting? Then you can demonstrate your knowledge and if everything is to his liking then you can become a full member of my staff.

Computer, set an appointment with the CO as soon as possible. Me and Mr. Sulu would like to talk to him about Mr. Sulu's assignment as a science officer.

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Jeremy Sullivan

Moments later Sullivan walks in

Mr. Sulu can I have a word with you?

Jeremy Sullivan

"Oh hmm well you just seem a bit apprehensive.. Well we must get going we must get you aboard that ship before it departs on its mission"

"Computer Intiate site to site transport of me and Commander Sulu to the USS Lothlorien.. *Mr. Sulu and Sullivan Transport to the USS Lothlorien* (we will continue in the Lothlorien forum)

OFF: Please change your avatar to a starphoenix Commander Blue avatar.. (should be listed as medical)

OFF: Pierre?? are you around, your XO is waiting for assignment....

Event Horizon

*The energy cloud is drawn to a particular concentration of power at the station, and heads toward it fast, casting a dark shadow on the buildings below it... As it came within range, the inverse energy phasers were fired...*
"Energy... absorb energy..."
"What is this? Inverse energy! They try to trick us!"
"Ignore their tricks, they cannot weaken us..."
"They are annoying us!"
"We are being delayed! Gallifreyans may come soon, must hurry..."
"We will trick them back..."
"And we will take all energy at once..."
*At that moment, the dark energy cloud seems to expand as if to cover the entire landbase... but in fact it is moving toward the nearby ocean.*
"Water... water makes energy stream easier..."
"We will be able to assemble all energy and take it at once..."
*At that moment, what seems to be some sort of heavy lightning strikes into the ocean, several kilometers away from the station. The lightning seems to pierce into the depths of the oceans, and for an instant there appears to be a hole in the water... then the water begins to react and a huge wave begins to form. The large wave of water grows higher and more massive, as it sets for Starphoenix Base... In a matter of moments, the immense and high wave reaches the coastal area nearby Starphoenix Base, and the people on the base can see how the waves are taller than themselves... even taller than the highest buildings of Starphoenix base... and then the wave comes crashing down on top of the first buildings, and tons of water flows into the base, flooding the streets so much that only the highest buildings barely come above the water. The violent ocean water keeps flooding into the base, even tearing apart some of the smaller buildings and taking them with the stream, as the cloud hangs above the flooded areas, and begins to concentrate its power on an open area... The power of the energy field seems to look like a tornado coming down from it, heading for the water... and when it strikes the water, it begins to whirl with a heavy wind, as the Na'jigat cloud begins to extract all energy that is being flown through the water...*
"Energy... energy... Want more energy!"
"We still have part in space attacking ships..."
"They must make ships pay for this trick as well, and make sure they no longer delay us again!"
*And at that moment, in space, the separated part of the Na'jigat cloud turns aggressive, attacking all ships with what also seems to be a surge of energy lightning. The ships suffer a heavy shock, upsetting their systems as the ship is pulled back, away from planet Dantor.*

OFF: this is the last post I can make before I go on vacation. I won't be able to post until september again. Now you can continue the storyline and admins could post with Event Horizon, if they want. The idea is that the Na'jigat is about to destroy everything and everyone, when again the Gallifreyan cavalry appears. Gallifreyans are humanoid people, and the only species in the universe that is strong enough to fight the Na'jigat through mental energy. Even they can't defeat or destroy the Na'jigat, but they can force them to retreat - for now. I will ask Montrell to post as Legudon (main chief of the Gallifreyans) when he returns from his vacation soon. The Gallifreyans will use no weapons except pure concentration on telephatic energy. They are a species that does not like to interact with other species and will be short in answers, if they tell you anything at all. Little is known about them, and nobody really knows yet where they are from and who they are. But the war between the Na'jigat and the Gallifreyans has been going on from the beginning of time and will never end.
As for the Na'jigat, remember they can NOT be destroyed. You can delay them, confuse them a bit (but remember they CAN read your minds, they are the purest form of telephatic power as well) and besides trying to win some time, there's little you can do - but that doesn't mean you can make it spectacular, like I now just gave you some material to work with for some time http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=';)'>