• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 2: The Battle of the Loxian Government

Started by Vorak, December 20, 2004, 07:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

-- Posted by Loxians on 11:12 am on Nov. 28, 2004

*The Loxian flagship continues firing upon its own Loxian ships. One by one, they are disabled or destroyed... The Prime Commander looks at the viewscreen in despair.*ยจ
"Has anyone been able to regain control over their station yet? ANYONE?"
*But everyone answers negative. There seems to be no way to regain control over the ship.*
Computer: "Two minutes to auto-destruct."
*The Prime Commander cries out in rage.*
"It must have been the Loxian spy device on that ship! SOMEONE must have decided to use it against us, and betrayed us!"
*While out in space, more and more Loxian ships get destroyed, if not by the flagship then by Starfleet, the Prime Commander's second in command approaches him.*
"Sir, we must abandon the ship. It is going to explode in less then two minutes, and if we remain here we will all be killed. It is impossible to regain control over the ship in less time than that."
*The Prime Commander sighs in defeat.*
"You are right... How many ships of us are left intact?"
*Another officer pushes some buttons on his panel.*
"Umm... only 12... no, make that 11... No, just 10 now... In fact..."
*The Prime Commander stops him.*
"I get the idea! We're lost! The entire Loxian fleet is destroyed, and all we can do is save ourselves and limp back home!"
*Then he turns to his second in command.*
"Find the Loxian ship in the best shape available still. We will beam over there and make our escape."
*The second-in-command nods, pushes some buttons and locates one of the ships.*
"The one over there in the rear wing, sir. It is one of the few ships left sustaining minimum damage. Shall I announce the other ships to retreat as well?"
*The Prime Commander gives him a stern look.*
"No! They will not know of our escape. They will continue fighting to the death!"
"But..."
"THAT is my decision!"
Computer: "One minute to auto-destruct."
"We're running out of time, we have to go!"
*Suddenly, some of the other bridge officers jump up.*
"Sir, aren't we to come with you and beam over to that one Loxian fighter?"
*The Prime Commander looks around with a grim smile.*
"There just isn't enough space on one fighter, for all the people on this ship. But you will have the honour to die in the line of duty to your Loxian Government."
*The officers want to jump up in protest, but the Prime Commander swiftly takes his disrupter weapon, and fires upon them. Then he nods at his second-in-command.*
"Time to go now, there's nothing left here for us, but the taste of defeat."
*They leave the bridge and head to the transporter room. Soon thereafter, they beam over to the Loxian fighter... As the battle goes on in space, the flagship destroying the last remaining Loxian fighters, one of the fighters retreats and goes to warp, back to the Loxian homeworld, but everyone else is too busy with the battle to notice it. The last surviving Loxian ships fire in despair on the Starfleet vessels, but they are now hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned... And then the final moment happens... The Loxian flagship violently explodes, destroying two more Loxian fighters in the shockwave, and space is filled with debris. Only two small and heavily damaged Loxian fighters remain... facing the fleet of Starfleet ships in a much better shape... There is no winning this battle, and the two Loxian fighters soon realise this... Instead of fighting on against their enemy, they admit in defeat and set course toward each other... In a matter of moments, they collide with each other and both explode... Only debris is left, no Loxians survivors... An entire fleet is obliterated, thousands of Loxians are killed. But the battle is over...*

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Mathew Moriarty

Welcome Back Mr Cook how is Captain Smith after taht little battle that we had over at Avalon.
Former Chief Tactical Officer USS Aztec
Former XO USS Discovery
Former XO/CO Uss Excalibur

Out there Second Star to the right and straight on till morning (Star Trek Wrath of Khan.)

Weasly Cook

For the twentith time Captain Smith, you are not to dart into the hallway.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">

Vorak

-- Posted by Weasly Cook on 5:45 pm on Nov. 19, 2004

*Meanwhile, the U.S.S. Excalibur arrives. Cook moves from his post to that of tatical and starts bringing up maps and states of the battle.*
"Captain i am reading 88 fully operating vessels including 2 large ships, 12 damaged including what looks like their flagship, and 22 are disabled according to scans. I'll keep you up to date."

-- Posted by Mathew Moriarty on 11:40 pm on Nov. 19, 2004

"Thank you Commander. Right gentlemen I want some answers. to the question how do we get in with some big hits to that lead ship without suffering to much damage."
Torean: "Well Commander we are probably the biggest and strongest ship it the fleet. It shouldn't be much harder than just fly on in there all guns blazing."
"Well put Mr Torean."

=/\= All hands Battle Stations. Engineering everything you can spare for shields and weapons. =/\=

-- Posted by Torean on 7:46 pm on Nov. 23, 2004
"Commander I am running long range scans of the area around avalon station and there is a great deal of weapons fire expected from a battle this size.  I would love to see the loxian commanders face when he sees this ship drop from warp and start opening up on them."
*Torean grins widely and goes back to his scans.*

-- Posted by Mathew Moriarty on 2:56 am on Nov. 24, 2004

"Yes Lt Torean Let us just hope for all those people on the station that we are not too late. Cause the Loxains will kill everyone if they get onto it. Message the fleet."

=/\= We here gentlemen. Let us begin the fight.

-- Posted by Torean on 2:35 pm on Nov. 24, 2004

"All tactical systems are online and at full power.  Shields are at 125%.  I have targeting solutions on the closest ships."

-- Posted by Mathew Moriarty on 4:27 am on Nov. 25, 2004

"Use those solutions Mr Cook and fire at everything."

-- Posted by Loxians on 4:14 pm on Nov. 25, 2004

*On board the Loxian flagship, the Prime Commander is looking at the viewscreen, as his ship is firing immediately upon the station.*
"Soon, this will be over, and Loxius will be the primary power of this sector again!"
*Suddenly, their weapons stop firing at the station. The Prime Commander turns around to look at his tactical officer.*
"Why did you cease fire! We've got a perfect opening now! Fire weapons, NOW!"
Tactical officer: "Sir, I'm being locked out of my panel. I can't access any system any more!"
"WHAT?"
Computer: "Auto-destruct sequence has been initiated. Countdown 5 minutes."
"WHAT?!?"
*The Prime Commander slams his fist on the chair arm.*
"Someone is tampering with our system! Get control back of the ship, NOW!"
*Suddenly, the Loxian flagship comes about to face its own smaller Loxian fighter ships, and opens fire... Instantly, 6 smaller fighters are destroyed. Next, a salvo of torpedoes is launched, destroying 4 more Loxian ships. No firepower is directed anywhere near the Starfleet vessels.*
Tactical officer: "Sir, we're destroying 10 of our own ships, and there's no way I can get access to any system at all... engines, weapons, shields... Not even the auto-destruct sequence!"
*The Prime Commander furiously gets up from his chair, pushes the tactical officer aside, and attempts to take control over the panel himself. But he too, is being locked out no matter what. At that moment, the flagship fires another salvo of torpedoes as well as disrupter fire, destroying 12 more ships.*
Computer: "Four minutes to auto-destruct."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet