• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Holodeck 1

Started by Zayan, September 17, 2004, 04:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HK47

*sees sanchez talking to us *

Yes sir.,......Ill roam the station but ill be close if you need me.......

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/admiralkarelia/HK47.jpg" border="0">

Zayan

*Zayan and the group from the U.S.S. Evolution enter holodeck 1.*

"Computer, initiate program Omega Zentox, Beta, Gama 3, 1, 5.  And calibrate time to Earth years."

*The empty holodeck transforms into the entrance hall of a large planetarium.  The walls and doors are made of a purple wood, that give off a soft glow of light.  If one were to look up at the celling, they would see that it is made of ebony crystal.  The ebony crystal reflects the light of the wood, giving the room a look of an ancient age of antiquity.*

"This program was designed by the late Zentox to teach our children.  We Loxian exiles await the day when we can liberate our homeworld Loxius.  At which time I will add to the program the history of us exiles, and reveal the truth about the government to those who they have blinded to the truth.  I only hope that they have not decided to destroy the real version of this planetarium.  I have plans on making what you will see a live version on Loxius.  However if the planetarium has been demolished, we will have to use a holodeck like this one.  As it will be impossible to rebuild, the trees from which this wood came from died.  The government officials used the last remaining pair of trees to make paper, for their official documents."

*Zayan pauses.*

"Sorry for going on like that.  I have a slight tendency to, as the Humans say, 'get on my soap box' quite often.  Computer, begin guided tour simulation."

*A young looking Zentox appears and begins speaking.*

"Greetings visitors of all ages, species, and genders.  My name is Zentox, and I will be your guide back through time in our history of Loxius."

*He turns away from the group and opens the doors leading into the heart of the planetarium.*

"As you enter the main room, please take a look at the celling.  The stars will be moving into their respective positions during each stage of the Loxian history, as seen from Loxius.  Please take a seat, as it will take a few hours."

*There is a wide variety of comfortable chairs around the perimeter of the room, this room is made completely out of the same ebony crystal as the ceiling in the entrance hall.  Everyone in the group takes a seat.  After everyone else is seated comfortably, Zayan chooses her seat.  The seat is suspended in mid-air by an anti-gravity disk.  It is shaped like a Chinese basket chair, but more in the shape of a rain drop instead of a circle.  Allowing herself to sink into the large chair, Zayan notices that she is sitting near Sanchez.  The holographic Zentox is standing in the center of the room with a control device. Once he 'sees' that everyone is settled in their chosen seats, he continues talking.*

"Now we will travel back to the beginning of the end.  About 3 centuries ago, or about the Earth year 2000."

*He presses a button, and the 'stars' fade to be replaced with a scene of Loxius.  There is a vast forest of large, purple, glowing trees.  Below there lowest branches are smaller, thicker trees in every possible shade of color.  A few bushes and flowering plants are scattered around.  Every where a building was not standing, the ground was covered in grass.  Each time the grass was moved by a light breeze, it looked like a living rainbow sea.*

"This is Loxius during the rule of a harsh dictator called Zonoxius.  True by looking at Loxius he appears to be a good ruler, but it is another story when you look at the people."

*The scene changes slightly.  The audience can now see into one of the building's windows.  They see a Loxian family.  The family is poorly dressed and grime covered, a young child is sick (its arm is bent in an unnatural way).  All look malnourished and starved, but the adult male was in a slightly better condition.  All of a sudden well fed solders come into the room and take the man by force, he shows no resistance.  The scene changes again.  This time it shows several people (like the family) working the land with task masters watching.  Whenever one falls to the ground they are whipped and prodded, by electric devices in the hands of the overseers, until they got back up.  Those who did not get up were dragged up a hill.  Upon the hill they were tortured and then their mutilated bodies displayed for the others to see.*

"As you can see, the common people were treated as his personal property or slaves to do his bidding.  His soldiers and those who were able to prove valuable he kept in excellent conditions.  In return they could not show any emotional connection to the others, nor give them any form of help."

*The scene before them became one of war and destruction.*

"However there were those among his trusted companions who organized a revolt with the populous, one year later.  This first civil war ended with Zonoxius' death and the death of our original sun.  The rebels attempted to blow up the sun, but instead they just killed it, and almost killed everyone on Loxius in the process."

*In this scene the land is returning to its former beauty.*

"Thus began the days of prosperity and good health.  The government was born from the ashes of war.  In the beginning the people were in control of the government.  All was good on Loxius for the next century.  Then the land and the people began to feel the effects of the sun's destruction."

*The scene of the land changes, slowly the plant life becomes less and smaller.*

"These changes in the world frightened the people.  They started giving the government more and more power.  Just as Loxius was changing to its present state, the government became corrupted.  The Loxians created a new dictator.  Soon the government decided to make its own changes.  The land was torn, used and abused.  Governmental buildings were put up to cover the scars they made in the land.  The beauty of Loxius was diminishing."

*The landscape of the scene became covered with buildings, leaving little of the untouched land.*

"Some of the people began to protest against the devastation of the land, they opposed the Government.  At first there were many who opposed them, then the Government began to secretly use the methods of Zonoxius.  Slowly we who opposed them became fewer and fewer over time."

*The room grew dark once more.  And the 'stars' reappeared in their current positions.*

"Now you to know the truth that the Government of Loxius has been trying to hide."

*Knowing that the 'show' was almost over, Zayan looks across at the entranced audience.  Tears brim in her eyes:crying2: as she remembers the images shown.  Zayan glances at Sanchez, who's eyes are watching her.  She quickly looks away and wipes her eyes.  Not wanting Sanchez to ask her any questions she stands up.*

"Computer end guided tour simulation."

*The Zentox holograph disappears.*

"I hope you enjoyed our brief history.  Is there anything else you wish to see?  Or would you like to get some rest as it is late? It is about 1900 hours, if you are wondering."

*Zayan waits for her group of guests to uncurl from their respective seats, and their decisions.*

(Edited by Zayan at 7:13 pm on Oct. 30, 2004)

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/zayan.jpg" border="0">
"It is a far better day to die fighting to remain free than it is to live under opression!"

Zayan

*Zayan is a bit taken back by Sanchez's question.*

"Yes, I did mention that we have recreated a park from Loxius.  I also said that it is available to any who wishes to take a walk or relax in its beauty. "

*Now she regards him curiously as the other crewmembers leave the holodeck.*

"Why do you ask?"

"It is a far better day to die fighting to remain free than it is to live under opression!"

Kelli Lauren

"Sounds a lot like some of the fascist governments we had on earth in the mid-20th century..."
Commander Kelli Lauren
Executive Officer
U.S.S. Evolution - NCC-14320-A

Randall Sanchez

*Sanchez smiles at HK47.*
"I have no doubt. See you later."
*Then he leaves the planetarium with Zayan.*
"Walk with me there, please. There are some things we have to talk about."
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-sanchez.jpg" border="0">

Randall Sanchez

*Sanchez stands silent among the other people that are getting up after the holodeck program has finished. It was nothing like he had imagined it would be... He believed the Loxians to be a cold-blooded barbarian race, but never had he even remotely considered the option that they were not all like that, and that they had become the way they are, because the Government had made them that way... He looks at Zayan, and notices she is trying to avoid him. He then turns to Lauren and HK47.*
"You are free to roam the station as you like. I would like to have a private word with Ms. Zayan."
*Then he turns to Zayan.*
"You mentioned a visit to the park before?"
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-sanchez.jpg" border="0">

Zayan

"All right then.  This way please."

*Zayan and Sanchez leave the holodeck.  They precede to the station's promenade.*

OFF: continued in Vontak Nor (During the Loxian / Cardassian / Federation treaty).

(Edited by Zayan at 6:08 pm on Sep. 22, 2004)