• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Doug O'Neal

Started by Doug Oneal, February 17, 2004, 08:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Oneal

First Officers log- Supplemental
Stardate - 57129.2

The Hazard Team was a hard decision. How do you assign someone to one of the most dangerous postings in Starfleet? I have decided to leave the postings voluntary, however I have chosen good officers that will get the job done. Due to the amount of talent showed on the Kazon base I have made two teams a  primary one and a secondary one . The latter of the two is primarily for extraction and rescue of the primary team should they get in over their heads. While the mission to the base was successful and we achieved our goal of discovering the true intention for the base we lost a crewman. While he was only an ensign he had a stellar future ahead of him. But in hindsight that blast could have easily taken out Jamsen, or Harrison. Both are senior staff members and our Chiefs of engineering and security. While they are very adapt in combat , as first officer I have a responsibility to the Endurance to protect her and my best chance at that lies with the two of them. I myself enjoy the away missions but there are some missions that a ships commander should sit out. But in that same respect I will not leave a crewman behind dead or alive, that is why I am leading the second team along with Jamsen and Harrison. The three of us work extremely well together and can be rather formidable when provoked. We are currently enroute to DS18 for supplies , we intend to attack the base and hope that the Hazard Team can infiltrate and disable it. DS18 has sent Lt.Commander Burns to help train the teams. I am sure his help will prove beneficial.

Captain Doug O'Neal
Commanding Officer USS Endurance

Doug Oneal

First Officers log supplemental -
Stardate 57090.8

The ships crew is performing well. Especially under stress and we have certainly had that. We have had an alien race invade our ship numerous times. They apparently do this as a tradition or right of passage. We have been lucky enough to discover a way to track their cloaking device which is small enough to fit on a officer. Fortunately our Engineer has found a way to contain them with a level 5 force field , she also got rid of them rather quickly I will add. We are currently working on modifing one of the Endurance's shuttles to appear as our invaders ship. We plan to use this "trojan horse" to infiltrate a small base we have detected inside of a nearby nebula. I am somewhat concerned about the outcome of this mission as we are dealing with a hostile threat, but I have faith in the team formed by Lt. Harrison.

Captain Doug O'Neal

Doug Oneal

First Officer's log- Supplemental

Stardate- 57226.7

After repairs at DS18 we are on our way to the nebula to face the kazon and the threat they pose. The Eplison flyer is going to infiltrate the base and destroy their emitter which is allowing them to enter federation space undetected.

Captain Doug O'Neal

Doug Oneal

First Officer's log Supplemental:
Stardate 57097.8

We are 37 minutes from launching our shuttle into the heart of a nebula containing a possibly hositle race. We are attempting to use holo technology to disguise our ship. I am somewhat worried about the success of the emitter . A nebula can have many wierd effects on a ships systems. I trust Lt. Commander Jamsen and her skills so I expect to make it to the station without incident. However on the base is an entirely different story. Ensign Jacobs is afraid of what lies ahead of him, that worries me. I hope his lack of experience does not comprimise our mission. We are due to set out soon I should return to the shuttle bay.

Captain Doug O'Neal

Doug Oneal

First Officer's log- Supplemental

Stardate - 57260

We have successfully repelled the kazon invasion in this sector, their base is currently empty however starfleet is sending a starship to crew the station in hopes of salvaging as much information about their plot as possible. Their device was very effective and we hope there are no more of these bases out there. We are now one hour away from Epsilon Station for repairs and some much needed time off. The crew has performed well and I have the uttmost confidence in them.

Captain Doug O'Neal

Doug Oneal

First Officers log- Supplemental
Stardate - 57118.1

We have returned from our away mission to the base in the nebula. It appears we were right and the Kazon and the Katharians are working together. We believe this base may be a rally point for an invasion. However right now that is speculation. We did retrieve a complete copy of the computer data and a few technical manuals from the base. Hopefully this data will give us the information needed to thwart whatever plans they may have. On our mission we did lose a crewman, Ensign Jacobs he had the makings of a fine officer. It is my hope that the information Ensign Jacobs died protecting can be used to a tactical advantage, so that his loss is not in vain.

Captain Doug O'Neal

Doug Oneal

Captain's Log

Stardate 57487.4

This is to be the final log of the Uss Odyessy under my command. After some repairs and refitting to the Uss Endurance , she is ready to go back into service. Therefore my three month mission onboard the Odyessy is completed. The ship and crew performed well during it's shakedown cruise. My new engineer Mr.Scott made a few modifications to the ships systems which may become useful to the next crew to inherit this ship. For me this is bittersweet. I leave my first command to return to my first ship as its new Captain. I am thrilled to begin another chapter with the enduracne and its crew.We have completed the moving of personnel to the Endurance from the Odyessy and I now am sitting in the Captains chair of the Odyessy to make a final toast before turning her over to the Admiral. To the Odyessy we wish it smooth sailing through the stars, and to its new crew whoever they shall be good journey. May she always bring you back to your friends and loved ones safe and sound.

Captain Doug O'Neal