• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Dinner with Flag Admiral Vorak and the DS20 admirals

Started by Vorak, December 20, 2004, 05:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

-- Posted by James Madison on 10:19 pm on April 12, 2004

*Meanwhile, on board Freedom Station, Madison enters Stardust Pub with the guests. Many waiters come and stand. They have dishes with them.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 10:23 pm on April 12, 2004

"Fascinating. I am honored by your gracious welcome."

-- Posted by Embries on 10:23 pm on April 12, 2004

"Ohh, indeed, indeed!"

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 10:24 pm on April 12, 2004

*Hobson motions the guests to sit, as waiters bring many types of meat, Vulcan cuisine, and as far as Klingon and Romulan food.*
"What shall we drink to?"
-- Posted by GaryFisher on 10:25 pm on April 12, 2004

"Yes, it is a fine place, the pub."
*Many steaming plates of meat for the officers were set. and some Vulcan meals as well. Andorian ale was poured.*
"Well, now, major, have you heard of the SSF-Alamo, Defiant class? Just finished building her. Transwarp drive. Built by commander Marcus Brodie, using Borg technology."

-- Posted by James Madison on 10:26 pm on April 12, 2004

*Sits down.*
"Admiral, I wanted to hear your thoughts on the Ferengi wars."
*Madison took a piece of meat and began to eat.*

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 10:28 pm on April 12, 2004

"Yes, regarding the ship, the Excalibur, I look at it in its large importance, being that it is, for as far as I know, the first Excalibur class ship."

-- Posted by James Madison on 10:29 pm on April 12, 2004

"Yes, she's one large bird. It should take some time for Gary's crew to build her."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:31 pm on April 12, 2004

"Yes, indeed, admiral, it is an interesting project. I am hoping to get input from major Embries as to what he wants to be put into the ship design."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 10:32 pm on April 12, 2004

"Yes, that is why I invited you here, major Embries, I wanted the input of the best minds. Tell me, who is the engineering chief at SS Avalon? I will attempt to meet with him, or he may want to come all the way here!"

-- Posted by GaryFisher on 10:34 pm on April 12, 2004

"Yes, who would you say are the best minds in engineering, admiral Vorak?"

-- Posted by Embries on 10:35 pm on April 12, 2004

*Embries sits down and puts his staff by his side against the table.*
"Ah, a seat at last! I have been standing on my old legs for too many hours today. I would greatly enjoy a Raktajino now, if you happen to have that in stock."

-- Posted by GaryFisher on 10:37 pm on April 12, 2004

"I'm not sure that we do, major, we still have some drinks to get. Is there another drink you want? A favorite of mine is some old earth ale."

-- Posted by James Madison on 10:39 pm on April 12, 2004

*Madison looked at Vorak as he thought about the Ferengi war.*

-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:41 pm on April 12, 2004

"I'll have an ale if you are buying, admiral."

-- Posted by GaryFisher on 10:42 pm on April 12, 2004

*Fisher laughed.*
"You can have some, but money doesn't exist. This is a Starfleet pub."
*A waiter pours ale into Green's cup.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 10:45 pm on April 12, 2004

"I am certain that in our fleets, there are many good engineers. I know that Mr. Detrell aboard Avalon Station is a very qualified one."

-- Posted by GaryFisher on 10:46 pm on April 12, 2004

"I would like to meet him sometime. The Rivendell is a Avalon ship, I know. What are the chances of getting on board and meeting him in person?"

-- Posted by Embries on 10:46 pm on April 12, 2004

"No Raktajino? How unfortunate... then I will take whatever you may recommend."
-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:46 pm on April 12, 2004

*Laughs*
"I was only joking, admiral, imagine using money to control an economy, we were once savages."
*Takes a long draught of his ale.*
"Ah, nectar of the gods."

-- Posted by James Madison on 10:48 pm on April 12, 2004

"The starburst ale is the best. I wonder how Detrell would react to our building a transwarp reactor for the Excalibur."

-- Posted by GaryFisher on 10:53 pm on April 12, 2004

"No reporters on the station it seems. All the better for us to get around. And god knows, what if they were here and we went to battle."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:56 pm on April 12, 2004

*Laughs*
"It would be almost as bad as the Ferengi war!"

-- Posted by GaryFisher on 11:03 pm on April 12, 2004

"Not hardly, these Ferengi have Klingon and Romulan support. And some sort of either stolen Borg technology or a weird Borg relation."

-- Posted by Vorak on 11:07 pm on April 12, 2004

*Vorak raises one eyebrow.*
"A transwarp reactor. Of Borg design, or original Starfleet design?"

-- Posted by Mark Green on 11:07 pm on April 12, 2004

"Then it is indeed imperative that the Excalibur class of ships are as good as can be."

-- Posted by James Madison on 11:09 pm on April 12, 2004

"Borg. Commander Brodie used Borg, because there isn't a Starfleet design to go by. But for the Excalibur, vice admiral Fisher is going to make some changes to call it 'Starfleet'."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 11:09 pm on April 12, 2004

"Of adapted Borg design indeed, flag admiral, it was created by the engineer of the Aztec."

-- Posted by GaryFisher on 11:11 pm on April 12, 2004

"Yes, the former engineer. He is now the XO. But yes, he received a medal for his work."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 11:29 pm on April 12, 2004

"Well, a slow start to the first day, but no rush. We will begin touring tomorrow, excuse me for now, I must report to the operations deck and get a status on the patrols for Ferengi, somehow I fear the Rivendell will get caught in the middle of a battle."
*He then pushed his chair forward and headed to the turbolift.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 12:33 am on April 13, 2004

"Borg design. Quite intriguing. I look forward to see the schematics."

-- Posted by dutchman36 on 9:31 am on April 13, 2004

"Dutchman to Hobson. We completed most of the repairs and we're in fighting condition."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:48 am on April 13, 2004

*Taps communicator.*
"Captain Dutchman this is Major Green, you just missed admiral Hobson, try contacting the ops deck."

-- Posted by dutchman36 on 2:37 pm on April 13, 2004

=^= Yes sir. =^=

-- Posted by Weasly Cook on 3:46 pm on April 13, 2004

*Walks over to the table.*
"Fleet admiral Vorak, it is a pleasure to meet the head of Expansion Fleet. I must say it's been pretty exciting, sir. Also I must say, I never thought that we would be at war with the Ferengi. Just hope that no Borg decide to visit. Anyway, it's a great honor to meet you in person."

-- Posted by Vorak on 4:41 pm on April 13, 2004

"This unexpected Ferengi war troubles me much indeed, Mr. Cook. Certainly some peaceful negotiations must be possible."

-- Posted by Embries on 4:42 pm on April 13, 2004

"Negotiations? With the Ferengi? Pfff! If you take enough shiny latinum bars with you, perhaps!"

-- Posted by Vorak on 4:44 pm on April 13, 2004

*Vorak raises an eyebrow at Embries.*
"Major, the possibility of peaceful solutions should never be excluded. Starfleet is an institution of peace, not of war."

-- Posted by Embries on 4:45 pm on April 13, 2004

"Hmm... I suppose you're right, admiral. But I know one species nobody can negotiate with..."
*His voice trails off as it seems for a moment, as if he remembers some very old and faded memories.*
"Ah, never mind me, let's talk about more pleasant things, shall we?"

-- Posted by Steven Cruse on 7:09 pm on April 13, 2004

"I am sorry for being late, admirals..... It is a great honor having such a prestigious man onboard our station."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 7:21 pm on April 13, 2004

*Love enters the pub, tapping various things into her planner.*
"Admiral Vorak, there's a reporter outside requesting an interview, would you care to acknowledge and schedule one later?"
*Looks around at several of the men gathered for the meal.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 7:25 pm on April 13, 2004

"Another reporter? Very well, after the dinner I may answer a few short questions. And greetings, Mr. Cruse, it is an honor to meet you all too."

-- Posted by Weasly Cook on 7:29 pm on April 13, 2004

"Yes I hope we can achieve peaceful ends without more deaths.. But what comes, comes, and we must be ready for anything, sir. Mr. Embries, I don't want to be rude, but I didn't catch what race you were. So if you can, may I know, sir? If not, that's fine too, sir. Also, can I sit with you, or are only higher ups allowed."
*Laughs a little.*

-- Posted by Paris Love on 7:36 pm on April 13, 2004

*Love nods to him and exits out the locked door. As it is opened, several reporters attempt to push their way in, but they're held out as she exits. The door closes behind her and the calm atmosphere is restored.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 7:44 pm on April 13, 2004

*Vorak raises an eyebrow as he glances at the drumming reporters before the doors close.*
"Very well. You said, Mr. Cook?"

-- Posted by Embries on 7:47 pm on April 13, 2004

"My species is called the Erendir. I originate from a planet near the Galaxy Core, far away from here, but my homeworld was destroyed by... ehm, a terrible great force, when I was a young child, some thousands of years ago. I have survived, though I fear I may be the only one of my race left."

-- Posted by Galon on 7:48 pm on April 13, 2004

"I'll have a small security team guard the entrance, so the unwanted reporters won't disturb this dinner date."

-- Posted by Weasly Cook on 7:51 pm on April 13, 2004

"I was saying that I do hope we can come about it by peace. But if needs be, we will fight to the end, right, sir?"
*After taking a few breaths, he continued.*
"If it won't be too much to ask, may I join you here at the table, or should I wait until later to ask more questions?"

-- Posted by Vorak on 8:44 pm on April 13, 2004

"I have no objection, Mr. Cook, if the others do not either. And indeed, if necessary, we will fight to the end, though peace is always preferred above war."

-- Posted by James Madison on 8:46 pm on April 13, 2004

"We may begin the tour now, admiral. Dinner is ended. If you would follow us out, we will visit engineering first."

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 8:46 pm on April 13, 2004

*Meanwhile, in Stardust Pub, alert klaxons sound as the group talks, followed by a comm signal over the station's  communications.*
"Red Alert. All hands report to battle stations."

-- Posted by James Madison on 8:49 pm on April 13, 2004

"Perhaps ops would be a good start for the tour, admiral. I need to get there anyhow."

-- Posted by GaryFisher on 8:59 pm on April 13, 2004

=^= Communication from the command deck =^=
There are many Ferengi here sir, they are earlier then expected. The Romulans gave them cloaks, sir, but we detected the Ferengi's poor installment of them.

-- Posted by Steven Cruse on 9:10 pm on April 13, 2004

"There was only one marauder, and we are currently combatting them."

-- Posted by James Madison on 9:12 pm on April 13, 2004

"More are here, commodore, these Ferengi need numbers to fight us."
*Walks with the rest toward ops.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 10:21 pm on April 13, 2004

"If this station is under attack, our place should be at ops."

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

-- Posted by James Madison on 11:47 pm on April 27, 2004

*Meanwhile, onboard Freedom Station, Madison enters the Stardust Pub with Vorak, Love and Hobson.*
"Take a seat, we can discuss some of the Excalibur. Tom has asked Omega engineers and scientists if they want to work with the project. We are trying to get the best ideas for the ship. And a CO was chosen. Fleet captain Dutchman, formerly CO of the Aztec."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 11:58 pm on April 27, 2004

*Love seats herself slowly and sits silently as the men converse, looking from one to the other as they go back and forth.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 4:58 pm on April 29, 2004

"I hope that you are satisfied with the performance of our science officer, major Embries. He is one of our finest science officers in the fleet."

-- Posted by dutchman36 on 5:14 pm on April 29, 2004

"Sirs, may I join you?"

-- Posted by Vorak on 3:48 pm on April 30, 2004

"Certainly."

-- Posted by dutchman36 on 3:54 pm on April 30, 2004

*Orders an Andorian ale.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 3:45 pm on May 2, 2004

*Vorak finishes his Vulcan spice tea and gets up.*
"Admirals, it was an honor to visit your station, but as always, my time is limited. It is time now to return to the U.S.S. Rivendell and head back to Avalon Station. I thank you for your hospitality and your time to give me a tour around the station. I hope we may meet again soon, in the future. Live long and prosper."
*Then Vorak nods at Paris Love to motion her to follow him, and they walk out of the pub, as he touches his commbadge.*

=^= Vorak to Rivendell. Two to beam up. =^=
-- Posted by James Madison on 4:09 pm on May 2, 2004

"I hope you enjoyed the stay. Live long and prosper."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 4:15 pm on May 2, 2004

"May we meet again then, admiral. I will arrange the Alamo to transport major Embries when he feels content that his part in the Excalibur is complete, unless, of course, you planned to have him return with you on the Rivendell."

=A= Hobson to ops. Hail the Aztec, Venture and Alamo, have them run a spread of torpedoes, clear the area for the Rivendell's departure, prepare undocking procedures. =A=

-- Posted by Vorak on 4:38 pm on May 2, 2004

"I am aware that major Embries has work to do here still, so he will return when ready. May we meet again soon."
*Vorak and Love dematerialize.*

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet