• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Interceptor Conference

Started by James Madison, July 11, 2005, 03:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomNasmith

*Enters*
"Hello, I hope it is ok that I am here. I heard there was an important ceremony going on for the new ship, I was hoping to find Captain Starwind here to. I have not even met my new CO yet"
U.S.S. Windsor - Acting XO
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Nasmith.jpg" border="0">

Hobson stood with his drink in hand, listening to the conversation.
"Yes, I have my own doubts that such technology will fail. Hopefully if it does fail, it does no damage. Perhaps our crews in joint can work on testing and developing such technology. It would only be a usefull thing in war, but we all hope that is something we do not see".

"The Titan class...I have only once seen schematics for that type of vessel, very impressive. But little more than a fat Sovereign if I remember right". He laughed at the thought. "The Interceptor's size is mostly in it's lower section, below the long saucer section. Clearly the entire thing is a simple base off of the Intrepid Class ship, double the lower section, extended, larger warp nacelles. But to scale from the image's we have provided at the Conference here, it is much much larger than the Intrepid Class".

"No doubt about that, I imagine most of the older generation of crew here might even show interest in the ship when she gets on her feet. I have tried to find John Travis, he was the internal affairs officer for some time here at Deep Space 20, but I think he was the Aztecs Ops officer, or Security officer maybe. He might know, if I could find him. I know he was on the Aztec, though. So many of the Aztec's former crew have been promoted though, You" He nodded to Dean when he said this. "Marcus, Matthew Moriarty, all of you are now Captains...Dutchman, who was the Aztecs Captain was going to be the Interceptor's XO, and was the Venture's before that, but he is no longer here for that".

Dean Starwind

"The shadow of greed has clouded his judgement. His desire to have the most powerful ship is blocking his logic. It truly is a shame."
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/ross_william.jpg" border="0">
Commander Dean Starwind
Executive Officer
Uss Rivendell- NCC-84540-B

Dean Starwind

*He raises his glas and speaks loudly*

"To our good friends whowere make it to this conferance and that we have lost in the great unknown."
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/ross_william.jpg" border="0">
Commander Dean Starwind
Executive Officer
Uss Rivendell- NCC-84540-B

"This might as well be the conference, I think. There are not so many attendees still here, we have answered questions, and had a great time. I think we can call it complete, in that aspect. Any questions of course can still be answered, but there is little left for us to cover in any sort of interview".
A small smile came across his face and he set his drink on the table.
"How about we find our way to the main Engineering Hangar for a bit of a look at how the Interceptor is coming along. And then we can get cracking on its completion. There is much work for those who remain here. Buisness as usual after that".

lucasbailey

*frowns*

"Although i can empathize with your wish to restrict ships size, but i feel that is a bit selfish...such a 'race' will drive each division to research harder, explore more, it could  increase our technology ten fold...perhaps the restriction should be the type of ship...your ship is supposed to be like a mobile starbase, you could restrict that type to only your division, were as if new technology is discovered, and size must be increased to accomadate the technology....then that should be allowed..."
Admiral (Dr.) Lucas Bailey (Retired)

Gary Fisher

Fisher, clearly pleased at the intertest cleared his throat.

"The Interceptor's size makes it a hard task to move and not have it rip apart in space. It was a difficult task to figure out how to make it mobile. But with 3 main warp cores and 2 back-ups it produces enough power to move a fleet of 50 Galaxy Class ships. Its not a big speed ship as the Excalibur was, its top speed is warp 8. Which is fast for something of its size. The hull will be thicker than the standard ship to withstand the speed and pressure. Warp 10 may be in our future projects to refit ships. If we do do this support is welcomed. It will be fit with standard impulse."
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/paris_owen.jpg" border="0">
Gary Fisher
Former Starfleet Engineering CO
Nova Division

Marcus Brodie

Marcus walks in his hands behind his back. looking around he walks to where Hobson and Madison are.

"Hello sirs, I am pleased to see the interest in my ship"
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/keogh.jpg" border="0">
Captain Marcus Brodie
Avalon Station Operations

James Madison

Madison watches Bailey leave then turns to the others.

"I have heard some people disaggree with the new regulations. It is a shame people must be so bitter to let their sense of competition blind them. And a shame they choose to try to ruin the work of others. Even the wisest of officers become children at times."
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/dougherty_matthew.jpg" border="0">
Admiral - High Command
Avalon Station CO

"Yes, The Starburst Pub is the best on the station for a drink and conversation. You are here for the Interceptor Project I assume? We have nearly ended the conference, but since you are a Commanding Officer perhaps we can discuss involvment on the project".

Gary Fisher

"The race for size is disrespectful to our division. Other divisions function is not engineering works as ours is. The title is ours well earned long before other CO's decided to turn it into a race. My point being, it is not a race. And to ensure it does not become or remain one we are passing such. It is not open for debate Admiral."
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/paris_owen.jpg" border="0">
Gary Fisher
Former Starfleet Engineering CO
Nova Division

Richard Ransom

This could be likely if we tryed to find the way to conderact the effects that occer when the body travels pass warp 10 I think in example Admiral Janway when she commanded U.S.S Voyager she and Lt.Tom Paris traveled to Warp 10 in a suttle craft. Admiral Fisher if the posbilte of Warp 10 is liklu how will you conder the effects of such the speed on the Body?.also what will be her top rated speed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Richard Ransom
Postion:Pending

"The man of the hour! There you are! Well, I can deliver the bad news to you: You are currently without a first officer. With this whopping ship, that is saying something. If we cannot, for the rare reason, get you one before her first assignment, we will have to pick one of your crew to be Acting XO...sticky spot we're in".