• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Welcoming Preperations

Started by Kiatya, January 23, 2004, 12:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardwyad

"If they wanted to harm us, they could have already. I don't even see them carrying any weapons."
*He walks to Legudon.*
"Though I never heard of the Gallifreyans and Na'jigat before, I think we have little choice in the matter but to trust you. Please follow us back to the Temple Hall of the Goddess."
Chief of Command Ardwyad
A.S.C. Revox Security Vessel
Delta Alliance
http://www.expansionfleet.com/images/nigillian.jpg" border="0">

Nismos Meridian

*Stops reading to look at the event hapening before him*
"Wow"
http://expansionfleet.port5.com/starfleet/id/ID-Nismos.jpg" border="0">
"Perhaps today is a good day to die, prepare for RAMMING SPEED!"-Worf

Vorak

"One moment, Mr. Karelia."
*He walks toward the Gallifreyans, who were finally getting up from the floor again, looking exhausted.*
"Greetings, my name is Vorak, Flag Admiral of Expansion Fleet stationed in the Delta Quadrant. I would like to thank you for your help in this matter. Without your intervenence, our people out there would not be alive any more by now, most likely. I hope that we can establish ties of contact between your species and Starfleet."
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Ardwyad

"No problem on that part, captain Sanchez. After all, we had agreed to show you how useful our Null-Space Catapults are. So what better way would there be, than to let you use them? It takes practically nothing of your energy supplies, as the catapult does all the work for you. We could head for Traquel space, if you like. The Traquel are our most advanced members what concerns technology, and there your repairs and energy supplies will be done the easiest. Besides, it is the Traquel who originally created the member species of the Droids. Though Traquel space is quite far from here, you'd have to cross Nigillian and Naederian space entirely, it would normally take several days to get there at your warp speed. But with our Null Space Catapult, we can be there in about an hour."
Chief of Command Ardwyad
Delta Alliance

Dalon

They do indeed, sir. However, I was refering to the Andorian pre-warp style. Though it is fascinating to know that this civilization built this after discovering the warp technology.

This only corroborates to their previous demonstrations of strong and unified religious beliefs. Fascinating indeed...

*takes a closer look at another statue*

http://expansionfleet.port5.com/starfleet/id/ID-Dalon.jpg" border="0">

Event Horizon

*The Quantum Singularity was restless... as if a force was stirring, abiding its time to strike. And this time was about to come soon...*
Na'jigat stronger... Na'jigat recovering from Gallifreyan assault... Gallifreyans cannot defeat Na'jigat... Na'jigat Lord of the Universe... Preparing to gain more energy... Scanning prey... Three ships... Scanning minds of humanoids... U.S.S. Evolution... U.S.S. Tiberon... A.S.C. Revox... Energy supplies strong... Defenses nihil... Scanning for Gallifreyan dangers... None... Begin procedure..."
*And at the far horizon of the Quantum Singularity Network, a wave of pure energy began to form... energy so strong that no firepower and no shielding could possibly withhold it... The Na'jigat had unleashed its power, a power that had even proven fatal to Borg cubes and Species 8472 ships more than once before... And the Na'jigat energy lifeforms began to hum...*
"Na'jigat... Na'jigat... Na'jigat..."
*At that same moment, some sort of strong energy field suddenly surrounded the Temples on the planet of Sordinan... But the strange thing was, the shield was not being generated by any technology on the planet, it appeared naturally out of nowhere, and was stronger than any form of technology could ever generate... And it blocked everything... transporters, communications, even telepathic communications... Nothing could go in, nothing could come out... And soon, the people who are NOT within this shield, will find themselves wishing they were inside this shield of protection too, for it is the only protection against the Na'jigat...*

Ardwyad

"It appears that people begin to notice, we can no longer act as if nothing is going on," he whispers to the High Queen, and then faces the Starfleet officers and the rest.
"Dear visitors of the Temples of Sordinan, it appears that the Gods are sending mixed messages. Perhaps, the God and Goddess are having a serious argument about wether or not to forgive the U.S.S. Evolution and U.S.S. Tiberon for entering their sacred domain. A powerful surge of energy is currently on its way to destroy those ships. But at the same time, the Gods have placed some sort of field around us that will protect us from this destructive wave. We are not able to leave the temples in any possible way, nor are we able to communicate with anyone outside - even telepathically. I recommend to remain calm and not to panic, and abide our time until this is over. There is nothing we can do to help the people of our ships out there, and we must wait until this is over, to see what has happened."
Chief of Command Ardwyad
Delta Alliance

Ardwyad

"Indeed. But fear not, it is professionally arranged and sorted by the Temple Priests of Sordinan. If you take this corridor here... here should be all the books and recordings regarding discovered and unexplained space phenomena, sorted from the oldest to the most recent encounter."
Chief of Command Ardwyad
Delta Alliance

Randall Sanchez

"What really DID just happen now?"
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-sanchez.jpg" border="0">

Randall Sanchez

*Sanchez turns to Ardwyad.*
"It appears that whatever was out there, has stolen much of our ship's energy. So that means we'll be out here for awhile before we have rebuilt our power supplies."
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-sanchez.jpg" border="0">

Daniel Reeves

*Daniel stepped out from behind the group*

*and looked up and around*

Wow, this is absolutely amazing! the architecture is breathtaking.

Captain Sanchez, how shall we begin?

"May the Prophets guide you" - Bajoran
http://expansionfleet.port5.com/starfleet/id/ID-Reeves.jpg" border="0">

Randall Sanchez

*Meanwhile, Sanchez takes place next to Ardwyad, in front of the huge statue. He closes his eyes and crosses his hands in front of him.  He softly begins to whisper.*
"Qughan, God of Light. Savarin, Goddess of Life. I have entered your domain for I was in dire need of protection. Please do not judge me for this action, I did not know I entered forbidden domain.  I ask you not to be angry at me, and most certainly not at your people of the Delta Alliance. Please do not forsake us and them, and grant them your protection."
*He kept whispering in a monotone whisper and eventually he heard his own voice resound in his mind, as if becoming into a trance, aided by the strong incense of the many candles in the hall. And when Sanchez opened his eyes, he no longer found himself in that very hall. The statue was still in front of him, but everything else was gone... the hall, the people, the candles, the chairs...  Instead, Sanchez found himself floating inside some sort of void...  No, it was not a void, it was something else...  Sanchez recognized it, but he couldn't place it right away.  Though, he had the feeling he had been here before.  Only the statue remained in front of him, and it seemed to move and speak to him - only it was not speaking verbally, but telepathically directly to his mind.*
"You have dared to enter my domain, captain Sanchez of the Federation.  You have risked to either receive our protection, or our retaliation.  And it shall be both you will receive..."
*Sanchez looked up, and it seemed that the bright lights of the void around him and the statue began to swirl, and he remembered then where he was... he was inside the Quantum Singularity Network, like he had been with the Evolution before, but this time without a ship... he wasn't even there physically, only mentally... Had his spirit travelled inside the singularities? He knew now that he was thus vulnerable, and at the mercy of the Nigillian gods. Were they real then?*
"Protection and retaliation is what I will both receive?" he asked. "What do you mean?"
*A strong force of energy is wakening... they will come to strike... they will come to drain your energy... they will come to destroy you... But as long as you remain within the walls of our temples, they cannot hurt you... For you will be under our protection, surrounded by a shield they cannot penetrate. Remain within our embrace, and you may survive the tide of destruction that is heading toward you now at this very moment."
*Sanchez looked around, as if he could see this destructive threat, and then he saw it... waves of blinding bright light, energy in a form more pure than he had ever seen before... it was nearly blinding his eyes.  It was coming straight toward him...  Sanchez could feel his heart pound in his throath... it was aiming at him.*
"Trust the Gods of the Nigillians," the voice inside his head resounded. "They cannot prevail while we protect you."
*And then it came closer, and it was about to swallow him, but there was nothing Sanchez could do, inside this void. And he heard some humming sound that seemed to become a voice as it came closer, and the voice was repeating the same word every time... Na'jigat... Na'jigat... Na'jigat... And then it was all around him, the shock was unbearable, the voice humming Na'jigat nearly deafening, the light blinding...*
"Trust will protect you... Trust... Trust..." the voice inside his mind resounded over and over again.
*He held his ground. There was nothing else he could do anyway, being here in this mental void. It kept trying to get at him, but he did not give in to it. He did not let himself be dragged away by this tide. And suddenly it was gone again. And though his eyes were wide open, he felt as if they were closed, and so he opened them. And when he opened his eyes, he found himself within the temple once more, everyone else still at the places they were before. Nobody had the slightest idea of what he had just seen in his mind.*
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division

Event Horizon

"Na'jigat prepared... seeking energy... energy in abundance... Reading minds of puny humanoids... Not worthy for Na'jigat Lords of the Universe... Distract energy... destroy remnants..."
*And seemingly slow for the onlooker, but incredibly fast in truth, a huge wave of bright energy fills the horizon of the universe, coming toward the ships...  Suddenly it wavers...*
"Na'jigat detecting other energy... Source on planet... Settlement discovered on planet... Reading minds... NOT ABLE TO READ MINDS! Field blocks Na'jigat!!!! Cannot reach minds!!! Reading minds of puny humanoids... humanoids call planet Sordinan! Planet protected... prepare to distract all energy..."
*Suddenly, the wave embraces the entire planet, since the wave of energy is large enough to swallow almost an entire solar system at once...  and the ground on the planet shakes. The planet of Sordinan can no longer be seen within the surrounding waves of energy, but then suddenly the waves turn away...*
"Inverse energy! Cannot withdraw it! Energy takes from us than we from the energy! Na'jigat Lord of the Universe... this is unacceptable! Retaliation strong! Turn to ships at once and destroy!"
*And now the waves of energy went straight to the U.S.S. Evolution and U.S.S. Tiberon, ready to destroy...*

OFF: the A.S.C. Revox has landed on the planet's surface, so it isnt under attack.

Will Karelia

"Oh my god... god... god..." Karelia says, echoing. "Its huge... huge... huge..."
Name: Karelia, William Michael
Assignment: Commanding Officer, Avalon Division
                        Executive Officer, Expansion Task Force

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/meritoriousservice.gif" border="0">
"I'm glad that Karelia always understands the things, which I don't..." - Fleet Admiral Montrell

Will Karelia

Karelia hands over his tricorder to VA1, while at the same time, Captain Sanchez' communicator chirps.

=/\= Taurik to Sanchez. Captain, is everything alright? =/\=

Name: Karelia, William Michael
Assignment: Commanding Officer, Avalon Division
                        Executive Officer, Expansion Task Force

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/meritoriousservice.gif" border="0">
"I'm glad that Karelia always understands the things, which I don't..." - Fleet Admiral Montrell