• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Warp Field Research Lab

Started by Pierre Louis Assis, November 17, 2003, 02:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pierre Louis Assis

OFF: Sorry.. I've been somewhat busy these days...

Very well, Captain White. I believe you are familiar with the nature of this facility's research. We have been asked by Admiral Sullivan to start researching alternative warp propulsion designs, following the new Starfleet directives.

I have also been working on a shielding device using a stationary warp field, though I have not managed to make it work so far. It has, however, saved my life by sending me foward in time, allowing me to escape the Borg attack to this base.

Thus, I believe you could start by reading all the data I have collected so far. You should also familiarize yourself with our other duties, such as the Astrometrics survey station and the Xenobiology lab.

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CSO- StarPhoenix Planetary Base
CO - USS Lattes

Event Horizon

*The cloud of energy was delighted.*
"Energy... energy! Growing stronger!"
"Want more energy!"
"Receiving energy from their weapons!!!"
"But want more!"
"Seek all energy now!!"
*Parts of the dark cloud start moving into a different shape, as if it is becoming a tornado, extending its tail at the power core of Starphoenix Station. In a matter of moments, it hits the building that houses the power core.*
"Energy in there! Need the energy!"
*As the cloud hits the building, a huge explosive sends large pieces of debris in all directions, crushing down on other buildings, setting them all on fire. The tail of the cloud penetrates into the ruins of the building, seeking the energy source, and starts feeding from it. One by one, the lights and all systems go down in the different buildings on the station...*

Event Horizon

"...Energy..we need energy!"
"..Searching...ships at Dantor have all dissapeared! Gallifreyans are aware!"
"...Danger..Danger...Gallifreyans are becoming stronger..Energy..we need energy!"
*A huge cloud forms itself above Dantor*
"Scanning planet....Dantor is almost depleted...no signs of recovery...Gallifreyan thread is growing! Retreat!......"

*At that moment the huge cloud dissapears from planet Dantor and the planets atmosphere is at rest again. Sunbeams reach the surface; hurricanes dissapear and the sea is at rest. Dantor's biosphere is recharching slowly*

Pierre Louis Assis

OFF: Still around sir, but I didn't get any answers... I'm at the medical facility, so you can contact me there and assign me a mission...
Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Harn_Sulu

"Almost?"
*He smiles too, eager to start training.*
USS Lothlorien
Chief Science Officer

Pierre Louis Assis

OFF: Well, I think I have a desk somewhere.. but post everything on this thread... Feel free to post your holo lessons, invent the things you are learning and when you get tired post saying you are done... Oh, and sory for the delay, but my girlfriend was really sick...

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Harn_Sulu

(OFF: I'm ready, my Character may put up some resistance, because as I've said, he has a kind of fear of starships. Don't let it make you think I don't want it, My character won't, but I'm sure you could convince him.)
USS Lothlorien
Chief Science Officer

Harn_Sulu

"What's bothering me, sir? I'm affraid I don't know what you mean."
USS Lothlorien
Chief Science Officer

Pierre Louis Assis

*enters some commands on his desk's console*

There. You now have clearence to access all of Dr. Kensuke's archives concerning the data he collected on the base's beach.

OFF: The Xeno lab has been erased a long time ago... So I think you could just make something up. Anyway, this isn't one of our major concerns for now and I don't think it will be for quite some time. Just say you will contact someone who understands more about it and let's get the warp project moving. I think the Admiral would like that... http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Event Horizon

"Energy...receiving lots of energy!.."
"Gallifreyans are trying to fight us....But we have lots of energy.."
"They are becoming weaker...we must overwhelm them..we shall oppose them.."
*Then the storm on Dantor increases and several buildings of the Starphoenix base collaps by the power of nature.
"..We still need energy...Dantor is almost depleted...to oppose the Gallifreyans we need more energy..."
"..Searching...Searching...Energy coming to us...ships are entering this part of space..."
At that moment the energycloud in space went away from planet Dantor and set course for the incoming vessels.

Harn_Sulu

*Harn walks up to the building, wondering about many things. Mainly, why was he called to help clean up the Scientific Research Facility? Did someone hear about his device? Will he be transferred here permanently? Or just untill the mess is cleaned up? He reached the doors and opened them, revealing the gloom within, unsure about whether to enter or not, he decides to anounce his presence, mabe someone's already here...*
"Hello? Is anybody here?"
USS Lothlorien
Chief Science Officer

Pierre Louis Assis

*comes from behind a very large console*

Yes you are Mr. Sulu!

I was just setting the last couple iso-linear chips in place. i have programmed a holographic simulation thet will teach you almost all you need to know to become a Starfleet officer... I call it "Starfleet Academy in a nutshell" *smiles*

Oh, don't look so surprised about the simulation. This whole building is filled with holoemitters. It's almost like a giant holodeck.

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Harn_Sulu

(OFF: Ok!)
*Harn Cotinues with the lessons, but in an interesting way. He skips the lecture part and goes straight to the 'quiz' at the end. He then goes back to the lecture and studies whatever he missed.*
USS Lothlorien
Chief Science Officer

Jeremy Sullivan

OFF: Actually we are gonna have to keep you on the Station Pierre...  Sulu your going to be the Science CO on the Lothlorien... And one of you are going to get a Science XO depending on what position Mark White picks...

Mark White

Major, I really must press you for a duty to perform.