• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Nightmare not over yet

Started by Vorak, September 03, 2005, 12:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucasbailey

The world is slowly falling apart, no mattey what any one thinks, or says. Take a step back and look around you(americans). In the US alone we have politicians drawing lines and their cohorts backing them up. Over such things as whose fault it is, who is the best,etc... its crap. People who used to not care about politics are taking sides, pretty soon the US will be divided into US/THEM, its stupid.
Politicians spout "united we stand..." yet most divide, what america needs are statesmen. Not politicians.
Admiral (Dr.) Lucas Bailey (Retired)

Vorak

So far the only one who really seems to get to the point of the matter of N.O. at this time, is Malia. As for discussing this topic, each their own opinion about it, and we'll see what digests better on the stomach in the end when people have nothing left: some food, some money or some oil.
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

I think its sick that people can kill and all that in the situation they're in themselves down there. Anyone who might not get the US News or not have heard on the US News, the helicoptor pilots were getting shot at I heard on there. On top of the National Guard they've had to call the main US Army down there with orders to 'shoot to kill'.
I don't know about the rest of the world and Gas, but with the oil rigs down in the Gulf shut down for the time, the lines in my local area to the Gas Stations took up main street. Several stations are now out of gas. http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':('>

Vorak

So if I understand this well... people are dying out there because of a nature disaster, and 12 more similar disasters are expected in which probably even more people will die... and all you care aobut is how much the gas costs???

The oil production problems that this nature disaster has caused, may very well be a blessing to the Earth. Maybe it's the first step closer to awareness of the people, that this oil production is destroying our planet, YES causing the destruction of our very own people out there! Maybe finally the plans (that are already in existence!http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=';)'> of cars running on solar or water power, will be taken serious? Or must the the world be destroyed first before mankind discovers that money cannot be eaten?
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Will Karelia

Let's not start on that again.
Name: Karelia, William Michael
Assignment: Commanding Officer, Avalon Division
                        Executive Officer, Expansion Task Force

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/meritoriousservice.gif" border="0">
"I'm glad that Karelia always understands the things, which I don't..." - Fleet Admiral Montrell

James Madison

The gas problem was always there, the hurricane only impacted it more because of the oil rigs and prosessing plants that where in the south has to shut down. Part of me thinks even when they do return to normal the gas companys to love $$$ will not lower prices. One of many downfalls to having a Texan president. He and his Vice President are very close with the gas companys.  The Hurricane is a separate problem which is bigger no one will denie. Purphaps implying people do not understand is to much. And i can only hope your not making a contest of who's doing more to help. Such a mockery of the situation would be disgusting.  I think everyone understands. But as nothing like this has ever happend in the US, we will learn from the mistakes made. Sadly most people who remained could not leave in time. But as in all Hurricanes many opted to stay freely. Purphaps more demanding, faster, and bigger evacuation plans will be made for the future. Being below sea level was all the more to add to the severeness of the situation. I wouldn't even consider moving back if it remains like that.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/dougherty_matthew.jpg" border="0">
Admiral - High Command
Avalon Station CO

And I thought my post was angry...though I made it half asleep.
 I think the general point of all this is..including my little bit and Lucas' well detailed. Its a very big insult, and a very bold thing to say, when you imply that those of us talking to each other about simple local gas prices, me curious about the prices in other parts of the US, that we don't really care about that major crisis. Its dwindling around a hatefull thing to push towards in these times, what would be even more hatefull, though, would be some kind of argument. So I'll pull out having defended the implications involving what I brought up.
Not one person who implied that all is cared about is 'Gas Prices' knows how much, and what I feel about anything else. Don't act like you care so much, and I care so little. That kind of thinking doesn't need to be done at all, anywhere, during any time. It only leads to the response that is here. There is no way for the comments made to NOT rub someone the wrong way. Not someone who really cares...

I am done then. You think nobody else has the ability to realize, or does realize anything? You make it look that way, at least. If only to me and nobody else. I don't think there is much more I can say, if you think people are to ignorant to see much of what you see, or understand much of what you say.