• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

The Vulcan Temple of P'Jem

Started by Vorak, October 02, 2004, 12:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorlok

Off: I'm suddenly hearing Tuvok from Voyager in my head
Mischief is my name, Mischief is my game.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/Avaon/Vorlok.JPG" border="0">

Vorlok

*sighs in defeat*

*concentrates (well tries to)  I remember watching a group of vulcan children playing some sort of game, I never get it explained.  And well one kid just wasn't as good as the others and they made fun of him because he was "different" as they called it.

I was angry that they'd pick on someone when they are supposed to be all "unemotional" and the "pinicles of civilisation"

Vorak

*Vorak slowly rises from his meditation position.*
"I was teaching Vorlok the Vulcan ways to control his emotions. Do you wish to join us into this meditation?"
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

*Vorak and Vorlok reach the holodeck doors, and Vorak taps a few control buttons.*
"Computer, load holodeck program 'Vulcan Temple of P'Jem'."
Computer: "Program complete. Enter when ready."
*The doors open, and a Vulcan monastery temple appears.*

http://www.med-deck.de/Enterprise/ent-0107-102.jpg" border="0">

http://www.med-deck.de/Enterprise/ent-0107-177.jpg" border="0">

*Vorak looks at Vorlok, as they enter the Vulcan temple on the holodeck.*
"This is an ancient, sacred Vulcan monastery temple of the 3,000 year old P'Jem, who served here as a sanctuary for meditation and the ritual purging of emotion known as the Kolinahr. However, we shall begin with the basics of Vulcan training."
*Vorak stops in front of a table. In the middle of the table stands a typical Vulcan meditation lamp with a small but bright flame on top. Vorak sits down in front of it, and motions Vorlok to do the same, on the other side of the table. He then points Vorlok's attention to a symbol painted on one of the walls.*
"It is the IDIC symbol. It stands for Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations, teaching us that we must consider all possible options, even the ones we haven't considered yet, or consider impossible. You, Vorlok, are a half Vulcan and half Klingon humanoid, and you have had little training in Vulcan logic. It may appear... strange to you, but I assure you that if you open your mind, many more... diversities will present themselves to you. Pay closer attention to the symbol. The triangle and the circle... different shapes, materials, textures... They represent any two diverse things which come together, in the infinite diversity of life... and in the ways our differences can combine to create new truth and beauty, my son Vorlok."
*Then he turns his attention to the flame before him.*
"Once, our people were a violent race. It is the day we embraced logic, that this violence and war came to an end at last. There was once a great Vulcan teacher called Surak, who taught us to do no harm, for harm speeds up the heat-death of the universe, and indirectly, your own. More practically, do as little harm as possible. We are creatures of a universe in which entropy exists, and therefore see no way of escape, but we do not need to help it. Vorlok, my son, We have differences, but may we, together, become greater the the sum of both of us."
*Vorak raises his gaze up to the young boy sitting in front of him, at the other side of the small table.*

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

OFF: Tuvok, Spock, Vorak... logic is logic, so there's no difference :P Waiting for you to respond now. The idea is that we continue this session for a little longer. Vorlok can put things in question, if he thinks it's not correct according to his Klingon upbringing. When after some time, Vorlok gets tired of Vorak's logic lessons, and refuses to continue, Vorak will offer Vorlok to remain around his father to observe him and his actions and logic. When we come to that part, I'll tell you how you can make it funny :P
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

*Vorak listens carefully to what Vorlok tells him.*
"Very well. Describe the anger you felt at that moment, and what your actions were."
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

KHa Var

*After having the computer locate Vorak, KHa'Var walks into the holosuite.  She sees Vorak and Vorlok sitting across from each other.  KHa'Var approaches them.*

"How is his training coming along?  And Has he practiced his daily weapons combat exercises?"

-"Duj tlvoqtaH"
-(Always trust your instincts.)
http://www.foederationsdatenbank.de/fdb/personen/bilder/kurak.gif" border="0">

Vorak

"Very well."
*He takes a deep breath.*
"Vorlok, please follow me to... ops. Computer, end program."
*The surroundings of the Vulcan temple disappear, revealing the holodeck's grid lines. Vorak walks toward the exit door, that automatically opens, and heads for ops with Vorlok.*

OFF: Continues at Ops.

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorlok

I"ve seen that symbol before, but I dont remember where.  I admired i then, the way it intertwined to achieve a purpose.

Vorlok

And what is wrong with Chaotic emotions?.  Tell me of your past father.  

Vorak

"Remain focused, Vorlok. The anger within you runs deep. It has been with you for many years. However, your anger was a source of strength. It protected you, gave you courage. You may believe that the Vulcan ways are less... honorable, but you may find a way to accept both ways. Two paths melt into one. There is an old Vulcan saying, Tilek svi'khaf-spol t'vathu - tilek svi'sha'veh. It means: the spear in the other's heart is the spear in your own. You are he. All action has reaction: what force you inflict inevitably returns. The murder of the other is the murder of your own joy, forever. If you control your emotions, you will be stronger then any opponent you may meet, for your thoughts will be ordered, while the opponent's thoughts will be chaotic, as are his feelings of anger and rage. The calm mind, is the mind that truly knows."
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

KHa Var

"No, I do not need to learn how to control my emotions. I already know how to control them.  If I did not, I would be in the station's brig instead of here, and you would have a few dead personnel.  The child is bored with these Vulcan exercises you have him performing.  I have noticed that he will not learn anything important when he is bored.  Needless to say, you are wasting your time on these meditations.  Why don't you show him what you do, and how you utilise your Vulcan training in daily life.  Vorlok should be more interested in that than this Vulcan discipline.  I suggest you permit your son to follow you around and don't forget his combat exercises.  How else is he supposed to develop hand- eye coordination, and know how to defend himself in this area of space?"

*KHa'Var looks sternly at her husband.*

"If you need me I will be in the Klingon Restaurant.  I am meeting with a man named Enoch.  Other than that you can ask Hermes to locate me, if you run into some problems with Vorlok."

*She then turns about sharply and walks out of the holosuite.  KHa'Var then proceeds to meet up with Enoch in the Klingon Restaurant.*

OFF: to follow KHa'Var go to Klingon Restaurant (Welcome topic).

(Edited by KHa Var at 1:41 pm on Oct. 10, 2004)

-"Duj tlvoqtaH"
-(Always trust your instincts.)
http://www.foederationsdatenbank.de/fdb/personen/bilder/kurak.gif" border="0">

Vorak

"Indeed, a very insightful remark. One has, what is called potential infinity, in as much as there is no fixed limit to the possibility of succession and variation in them. Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both."

http://gmms.lafourche.k12.la.us/Rousse/idic.gif" border="0">

*Then Vorak turns his gaze back to the flame of the Vulcan meditation lamp on the table.*
"Concentrate on the flame, Vorlok. The flame, like emotion, is a primitive force. Left unchecked it's chaotic, destructive, but if controlled it can be a powerful tool. The lamp controls the flame, as you must learn to control your emotions. Look past the surface and light of the candle, and focus your mind. Envision the flame burning within you. The flame grows hotter... A point of white light... Follow it backwards through the years to a time where you felt very angry, and describe the anger you felt at that moment."

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

"Chaotic emotions may lead to chaotic actions. It is far more logical to reasonably study every aspect of a situation, before taking action. It will more often produce a result in your advantage. Therefore, learn reason above all. Learn clear thought, learn to know what is from what seems to be, and what you wish to be. This is the key to everything... the truth of reality, the reality of truth. What is will set you free."
*He regards the expression on the face of his son.*
"I will answer your questions regarding my past, at the appropriate time. However, we must remain focused on the lesson at hand. Concentrate on the light of the flame, envisioning it burning within you. Envision this flame to be the passion of your Klingon side. Follow this flame of passion backwards through the years, until you reach a memory where you felt very angry, and describe the anger you felt at that time."
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorlok

if I was closer, I would've torn his head off? does that describe it enough for u. or would u like all the gory details.

Bah, I grow tired of this.  I am not vulcan. Better that yu were klingon, then perhaps I could learn something from you