• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Phaser Range

Started by Mike Nickerson, August 27, 2003, 02:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Nickerson

Mike enters the phaser range and grabs a compression rifle from the rack

"Computer, begin phaser efficiency test."

Computer: "Begin."

Nickerson began firing at the target drones. He did great on the first round.

Computer: "Round 2. Moving targets. Begin."

Nickerson found this more challenging, but in the end, finished fairly well.

Computer: "Round 3. Targets return fire. Attempt to dodge phaser bolts. Begin."

Mike found it extemely difficult to fire efficiently while dodging the fire of 5 target drones. These bolts wouldnt cause damage, of course, but they would reduce his efficiency drastically. He ended up finishing, never being hit, but missing the drones several times due to lack of time to aim.

"Computer, what was my efficiency score?"

Computer: "Captain Nickerson scored a 73% phaser efficiency score."

"I gotta work on that. Computer, end program."

The range and targets dissapeared, and Mike left the room.

Fleet Captain Michael Nickerson
Chief Medical Officer,
Avalon Station
"Far be it for me to turn up the chance to be a hero..."

Forest Night

*Forest Night enters the phaser range, thinking well there is a first time for everything. He picks up a compression rifle recommended by the other cadets.

Forest Night: Computer begin phaser efficiency test.

Computer: Begin.

*Forest begins firing at the stationary phaser targets. During his phaser practice he swears to himself that he sees a blurry image attempt to materialize. He misses several targets.*

Computer: Round 2 Moving Targets begin.

*Forest once again begins to fire at the moving target drones and once again sees a blurry image attempt to appear. This time he swears that the image looked like Natalie, the holographic clerk from the Student Activity Center in the Academy. He misses all but one of the targets.*

Computer: Round 3 Targets return fire. Attempt to dodge phaser bolts. Begin.

*Forest takes aim at the moving targets, however this time the image of Natalie clearly materializes and appears as if she is trying to communicate to him. Forest is hit several times by phaser fire from the targets and misses every target in the third round. Her image fades in and out, but he swears that she was mouthing the words, help me.

Computer: Cadet you have received an unsatisfactory efficiency score of 21%. Please choose a remedial phaser practice program next time you utilize the holodeck for phaser practice.

Forest Night: Computer, that's not fair. I was distracted by Natalie.

Computer: My senses do not indicate the presence of another life form on the Holodeck.

Forest Night: It was the holographic clerk, Natalie from the Student Activity Center.

Computer: My data banks show no such record of the afore mentioned program.

*Forest Night leaves the holodeck program upset with his low score and more confused than ever. He begins to wonder if the pressure of his course load at the Academy is causing him undue stress. He decides to report the incident to the academy CO.

Forest Night

Kawolsky

*Cadet Kawlosky enters the holodeck..*

"Computer" he begins

"Give me a list of all of the phaser practice programs there is" he continues.

*The computer beeps and responds...*

"The programs that are available are: basic & advanced phaser range practice, combat practice and basic bridge scenarios."[/i]

"Computer, begin advanced phaser range practice" Kawolsky asks

"Affirmitive" the computer responds.

*Kawolsky picks up a phaser compression rifle from the newly materialized rack and sets it to level 2. The targets begin to pop up and as Kawolsky hits each one, the computer keeps count. A few minutes pass and computer interriupts..*

"Cadet Kawolsky, you are required in the habitat area."

"Oh, great, everytime...oh well, computer, end program."

*The holodeck shuts down as Kawolsky exits*
Major John Kawolsky
Chief of Security
Dantor