• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Iroquois Briefing Room.

Started by Julian, January 06, 2008, 07:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teranis

Yes sir. *he takes a seat next to the his CO and trys to clean himself up a bit for Miss Lollock.*
(Off: Lol yes i am still here. watching and listening *i can see you!*)
Lt. Commander Teranis
Chief Engineer - U.S.S Iroquois

Julian

(off: i dunno he just put that in for effect i guess)
EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.

Tara Lollock

**Tara raises her left eyebrow as he mentions Klingons.** And the she thinks to herself ~ I don't think i've ever killed someone because i was in a bad mood. However i did kill a Lieutenant once, on my fathers' vessel because he insulted my house.~ But she wouldn'e dare mention that to her current crew because there are very few people that understand the true ways of a warrior.**

Lieutenant, i agree with a several of your points, they are without honor. However, I have studied the borg at length. And they are much easier to grasp if you think of them as an animal or perhaps an insect. They do not have any form of empathy. They act in ways that are solely in their best interest. But you do make a very solid point, there is no honor for any warrior not lucky enough to be killed before the assimilation process. They steal all honor from the victims that are transformed into drones. I have always promised myself that the Borg would never take me alive. My soul deserves better than Gre'Thor, where the dishonored spend eternity.

**Tara thinks to herself ~The Borg would prefer to send to to Gre'Thor but i will not have it. In the name of Kahless, i will die in battle before they turn me into one of their dishonorable machines~

OFF: We're going to have to let you get bored more often j/k  I liked your speech!! http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

Tara Lollock

Why don't we setup these torpedoes with a self destruct sytem that we can detonate from the Iroquois. That way if they don't respond the way we would like we can destroy the technology and bring the remaining prototypes home with us.

And by the way Lieutenant. The best Blood Wine is from the barrel. And i will take you up on that bet.... either way a barrel of Blood Wine is involoved and i am a satisfied Klingon.

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"

Tara Lollock

**Tara stood and headed out of the room with Lieutenant Swift, talking all of the way.**

"Lieutenant, i need you to start the instillation of the self destruct devices. How long would it take to install the devices, given all of the personnel you need?"

"Die well!"

Tara Lollock

**Tara walked in briskly and took her seat**

"Good morning Admiral, how are you doing."

"Die well!"

Tara Lollock

OFF: That makes sense.  http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

"Die well!"

Tara Lollock

Alright, as soon as we head off go straight to work on it. Give me a report ASAP. Admiral, do you think we could get those spec for him?

"Die well!"

Tara Lollock

OFF: http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>

"Die well!"

Apodae Swift

OFF: Where has everyone gone?
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
Acting Chief Tactical/Security Officer
USS Iroquois
http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=171;t=16" target="_blank">Apodae Swift's Personnel Profile
"Either you come in peace or we blow you to pieces, your choice." - Swift

Tara Lollock

OFF: We dont know  http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>  But we'll figure it out.

"Die well!"

Julian

*Notices the way Teranis, out of all the seats, he sits next to Captain Lollock and is attempting to clean himself up.*

*thinks to self: "i wonder if he has a thing for her"*

Captain can you please give your well worked engineer an update on why he has been doing so many upgrades to the ship?
EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.

Tara Lollock

OFF: Now i'm confused. http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt='???'> lol

"Die well!"

Janeway

*Captain Janeway walks into the briefing room stuttering to herself while looking down at a data pad*

I cant believe thats how they di....

Admiral. *shows off a quick salute then turns to Swift*

Ahh Lt. you wanted the specs of the torpedoes i put in yr arsenal?

*He hands the security co a datapadd explaining the details of the Transphasic Torpedo Prototype Delta11*

We call it a Transphasic torpedo. When it works correctly, it is suppose to be able to phase out of our space time continuum until it reaches the centerpoint of its target and re-enters normal space and detinates. And when i mean 'when' it works correctly, i mean its still in its prototype phase and so far only every 3 in 5 torpedoes seems to actually phase out and return again. We are still working on it however. We picked 10 of the best torpedoes calculated from our scans to succeed. If they work in theory they should be able to make the borg fall to their knees in no time. *puts in a smirk*

*she then looks over at Teranis*

Lt. Comander, i managed to get as much power into the shielding grid i can without draining any vital systems We also installed 4 extra power generators. But even with all the extra power, the Ablative armor will only be able to run for about 5 minutes before it needs to be shut down and regenerate its core energy.

*She then looks at the captain*

These shields Captain, will be a great asset if you do encounter the borg. The will literely absorb the energy from any firepower thrown at you by absorbing the energy. However it takes so much power we cant get it running at full capacity for such a small ship like yours. As i just said it will only work in 5 minute intervals before going offline to regenerate. The regeneration time is only going to be around 30 seconds so i hope you have a damn good helmsmen and that your enemy is a poor shot during that time.

*she looks over all in the room before saying her last words before leaving*

Well i wish you all the best of luck, and i want to know how the new equipment went.

I just have one request, that you record every moment of battle for our scientists to study. that is if you do end up having to engage in battle...

*she then salutes the Admiral again and leaves the briefing room casually*
Captain Janeway
Starfleet Liason on Dantor

Apodae Swift

"Erm... let's say five or six minuets per torpedo, ten torpedoes, probably an hour. However it will take decidedly longer the implement my other more, if I may say so myself, ingenious plan." Swift said with a smile on his face as he followed Lollock. "Basically captain we use an old sailing trick, in the old days of the sail an old tactic to draw the enemy in close was to make your vessel appear to be something else. A fishing boat or a whaler for example. Now with a little alteration to this tactic it is perfect for our use.
"Picture it if you will. The borg are flying through some sector of space when, what do they see? Why it's a old and decrepit cargo hauler that can barely get from one stop to another. It would be a waste of energy to assimilate such a vessel, thinks the hive mind, so why bother? Well there isn't much point really so let's be on our way and find a top of the line model to assimilate. And so the borg fly off leaving the ship undisturbed.
"All we have to do is mask our warp signature, scar the hull a little, vent a little warp plasma, and open one or two sections to space. Then we pump out a fake warp signature of a warp five maximum drive. Also we could have some false readings so it shows the ship having no shields, no phasers, and a small antimatter containment leak. Granted if they get in real close, so close they can smell us, then it wont work. But for long range scans it might help us avoid a lot of trouble." Swift told her confidently.
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
Acting Chief Tactical/Security Officer
USS Iroquois
http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=171;t=16" target="_blank">Apodae Swift's Personnel Profile
"Either you come in peace or we blow you to pieces, your choice." - Swift