• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 1: "Here Comes The Cavalry"

Started by FredLurado, December 26, 2006, 04:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonir

OOC: Sorry for my absence. busy busy busy work week, month for that much.
Robert Nonir
Lieutenant
Cheif Operations and Cheif Helm
Uss Iroquois
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/branson.jpg" border="0">

Julia Rellek

OFF: Lets wait on Teranis to post, it would be bad to beam him over without him knowing he's leading an away team.

Iniate the transport as soon as we hear from Commander Teranis. I'll fire phasers at the timme of transport to distract them from any transport.
Name: Rellek, Julia Marie
Position: Member of High Command

"Fortune favors the bold"

Julia Rellek

(OFF SRY, wrong char supposed to be Lollock)

Apodae Swift

"I don't know much about science." Swift lied, easily. "But I know my tactics, including the Picard maneuver, he didn't create an illusion. Because warp subverts time and space by travelling through sub-space he actually managed to use warp to get ahead of the light, the image, coming from his own vessel. Thus when he got round the back of the ferengi vessel the light from the ship was only just reaching it. We can use such a maneuver as it isn't anything to do with fooling sensors, we are just using the laws of physics to our advantage. How ever it won't last long as when the time catches up the after image will go to warp and we will be the only target."
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
Acting Chief Tactical/Security Officer
USS Iroquois
http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=171;t=16" target="_blank">Apodae Swift's Personnel Profile
"Either you come in peace or we blow you to pieces, your choice." - Swift

Tara Lollock

Agreed Ensign. Commadner Teranis, initiate the leak.
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

Tara Lollock

McGyver?

Captain, can one of your engineers assist ensign Swift?

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"

Julian

=^=hmm. Very well Commander, once your back at the station the Iroquois will land on Dantor at the dry docks for repairs. Your crew can have some leave if they wish while waiting for the repairs to be completed. There will be a meeting in the SS Avalons conference room once both ships have returned. Julian out.=^=
EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.

Tara Lollock

Nice to meet you Lieutenant.

**Turns to the Captain**
No problem at all, i was just helping Vice Admiral Rellek with her observations. I'm looking forward to serving aboard the Iroquois. It's the first Defiant class ship that i've ever served on. I will need to begin familiarizing myself with her systems. Would you like me to begin sending the crew for their physicals?

"Die well!"

Tara Lollock

OFF: Sorry, wrong character. That was supposed to be Lollock

"Die well!"

Julia Rellek

Captain, i've loaded the quantum torpedoes and am ready to fire at your word.

Weasly Cook

Cook nodded to Miss Lollock. "Right Commander, I'll get on it right away." With those words he moved at a quick pace, and since it was a small ship, was soon at work on getting his part of the smoke and mirrors ready to be deployed to confuse the enemy that was coming at them.
For the twentith time Captain Smith, you are not to dart into the hallway.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">

Julian

It seems some clarification is needed..

The following quote is from a post made by Teranis:

Page 30 last post on the page

I noticed when i was checking the sensors, that theres a small a class nebula not far from here, filled with hydrotexoxide (OFF: i dunno i made the name up lol). Its harmless to travel through unless theres phaserfire. A last resort would be to go into warp and exit supspace just on the other side of the nubula. When they follow us, they will exit just inside the nebula. All we need to do is fire a phaserblast into the nebula and high tail it outta here while watching the fireworks display.

This cleary describes the contents of the nebula and its effects to fly through it. His plan was indeed intending to use the Riker maneuver.

It was then agreed apon to be used as a last resort by Commander Lollock:

Page 31, 2nd post in:

=/\=Thank you for the information.=/\= If we need to we'll have to initiate the Riker manuver. But only as a last resort, it may destroy us as well.

A most recent post after entering the nebula came from Ensign Swift:

Page 36, 1st post:

"Hard to tell in this nebula ma'am." Swift replied to the commander. "But why don't we light the way?" He suggested then charged the pulse phasers and fired off a couple of shots, he also increased the shields to full power. "Commander Lollock I also suggest leaking out some warp plasma from the port vents. It will look as if we have been hit and will leave a nice trail for them to follow."

Lt. Commander Teranis then reacted with a post describing the phaserfire igniting the nebula. His post was indeed correct as it would have started a chain reaction in the nebula the ship is currently in.

A misunderstanding has taken place whereas not all of the posts have been read and unfortunately, posts have been deleted. This error is now rectified.

Ensign Swift is allowed to change his post if he wishes, or if you would like to add some what of a twist in the mission, you can always continue on and attemp to leave a quite explosive nebula. I leave it up to you to make your decision.

Thank you..

P.S Please guys i am liking the storyline so far but its starting to get inactive because of mistakes like this. Please try and read every post and dont wait for other people to post before you do. Thnx http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'> http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>
EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.

Tara Lollock

"Die well!"

Apodae Swift

"You guys sent people over to a Heranni ship?" Swift asked. "Some people get to have all the fun." He added before turning to commander Lollock. "I'm no engineer Ma'am and the systems are a bit of a mess, but I should be able to McGyver something together to make it all work."
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
Acting Chief Tactical/Security Officer
USS Iroquois
http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=171;t=16" target="_blank">Apodae Swift's Personnel Profile
"Either you come in peace or we blow you to pieces, your choice." - Swift