• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Captains' Ready Room

Started by Julia Rellek, December 02, 2007, 06:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kahless

Ensign Kahless
Position:Security/Tactical assistant
GM

"Im only going to say this once. Coffee. Black."
    - Cap. Janeway

Korinas Dal

Korinas Dal was satisifed with her new assignment. She had expected a high position, but the fact she'd been stationed as Second-In-Command of the Iroquois could not have left even her indifferent. Not that she did not consider herself capable enough of handling the job. She was merely aware of the great opportunity this post was for her. Back home, she had been warned that Starfleet would have prejudices against her people. This had been true up to now...and it was going to continue on that course.

She'd contacted her superior officer on Cardassia Prime yesterday, on a secure channel. He had told her Starfleet must be in serious lack of crewmembers...or simply more trustworthy(and stupid) than they'd thought. However, he hadn't been as surprised as he should've-this meant that he'd never doubted her. Korinas was pleased by that fact.

Now to report to the Captain. Tara Lollock. She'd gathered up some information on her, and she did not strike her as an overly stupid person...for a citizen of the Federation. But there was no reason for the Captain to doubt her except for prejudices(if she had any). Korinas' record clearly stated she'd been born in an orphanage, had always been different from other Cardassian children(she hated stating that part, but she played it well), and that she had no love for the system that had kept her in the wretched place so she'd joined Starfleet.

Korinas stood before the door, and when the bell rang, she heard Captain Lollock speak; "Please, enter." The Cardassian entered, her head high in her usual position. It gave her a look of arrogance; "Commander Dal reporting for duty, Captain." She spoke coolly.
http://prolab-avs.com.ar/gdshome/cardavoy/seska.jpg" border="0">

Korinas Dal

Korinas had indeed checked the record of Captain Lollock, and she'd found that they do have simillarities. The Cardassian would always easily bend, if not even break the rules to get things her way. That was why she'd had disciplinary problems at the Academy. She was also unpredictable, had a lot of pride and a fierce temper. She wondered, though, whether those simillarities were going to be an aid or a burden.

This precious cargo; had it been Korinas in the Captain's place, she would've undoubtedly guarded it as well as possible. And that was not good right now, for Dal wanted to know what the cargo was. There was another thing she was no good at-following orders. Especially when she considered them to be stupid. Oh, the orders from her Cardassian superiors were nearly never stupid to her. But Starfleet Orders, and their precious Prime Directive were sometimes so annoying it could kill.

Korinas differed from Lollock because she did not care very much for honor. She did care, but for her own kind of honor. For example, she found it very easy to step over her word. She'd promise something to her enemy in a blink of an eye, swearing she'd keep true to her words, and then she would do otherwise without remorse. Korinas had been told that Klingons despised such traits within Cardassians and that they disliked her species in general. If Lollock was an exception, that was positive.

Korinas was not going to deny she disliked Klingons. She considered their honor obsession stupid at times. But they were easy to manipulate because of their lack of self-control and their very nature. So she coudl go along with them on missions such as this one. Humans were a lot more difficult to manipulate.

"No questions, Captain...just a proposal." Korinas spoke, her voice still cold and rather formal, "If this cargo is so precious, you should let me install extra security systems." Here she produced a short smirk, "Cardassians can be quite...handy with such things." This was true, and everybody knew it-her species were well-known for their fine security.

Apodae Swift

Swift entered the captains ready room, he had n idea why she wanted to see him but assumed it would be something either top secret or really bad news, like the mission was most probably a suicide run. He hoped for the former.
Once inside he saw the new second in command, a strong looking Cardassian woman. He had no ill will against Cardassians, his mother might have disagreed of course, and he had been on ships during Cardassian attacks when he was younger. But he he wasn't the kind of person to judge people based on their species. However despite his forward looking attitude there was something about her he didn't like. It was a gut reaction meaning one of two things, either she would be a nasty piece of work or he was attracted to her and didn't want to admit it. He supposed it could even be both. Either way it was a pretty bad situation to be in, though he figured in the long run the latter would be easier to deal with than a bastich of a second in command.
"You wished to see me Captain?" Swift asked levelly but with a slight smile. He rarely had a depressed or even impassive look.
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
Acting Chief Tactical/Security Officer
USS Iroquois
http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=171;t=16" target="_blank">Apodae Swift's Personnel Profile
"Either you come in peace or we blow you to pieces, your choice." - Swift

Korinas Dal

Korinas decided it would not really hurt to afford Swift a slight smile, so she did exactly that. It was true that she could be cold with other species...that her people could be cold with other species. But Cardassians were not Vulcans. They did have feelings and they could act with emotion. Actually, Vulcans could get very annoying to Cardassians. Vulcans could get annoying to nearly anyone with their cold logic, though.

Yes, Captain, I'll notify you." She bobbed her head yes,"Of course, I'm going to need the current security codes in order to upgrade the systems. I assume you know them?" She turned to Swift.

Captain Lollock was certainly going to keep a close eye on her...so Korinas intended to make no mistakes. However slight they might be, mistakes could be lethal for planets...let alone individuals.

Korinas Dal

"Yes, Captain, it does. After a brief pause, she added, with a grin, "Thank you."

Her blue eyes trailed over to Lieutenant Swift; "Lieutenant, I think we should get started. Meet me in the cargo bay ASAP."

Giving orders came naturally to Korinas. Most people found her voice overly audacious and commanding even when she did not wish it to appear as such. When she did, it was even more so. Some disliked that. Her superiors appreciated it, as they always had.

With a nod of greeting to the Captain, she left the ready room.

Korinas knew that she had a few minutes before Lieutenant Swift would appear. She also knew how to make use of them...

OFF: I'll post next in the Mission thread if that's OK  http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>

Julia Rellek

Please, Enter.

http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>
Name: Rellek, Julia Marie
Position: Member of High Command

"Fortune favors the bold"

Tara Lollock

Ensign, welcome to the USS Iroquois. We are in need of a good security officer. I am sure you will enjoy your posting here. Lieutenant Swift is our Chief Tactical/ Security officer. You will get to know him well. Right now the Senior staff is in a debriefing following our trip to the mirror universe. We are all currently on the space station Avalon. It shouldn't be too long before we are on our way to another mission. The conference is wrappinf up as we speak.

If you have any questions comments or concerns feel free to send me a private message using your messenger in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

Tara Lollock

"Ah COmmander, welcome aboard the USS Iroquois. I must warn you that i always expect nothing less than the best from my officers, especially my right hand. But i have read all of your service records and i think we will get along well. And i am sure we will fight well, along-side one another in glorious battle."

"Now, if you'll have seat i will fill you in on our upcoming mission... **Commander Dal takes the seat opposite of Lollock** "we are about to embark on an important recomesince and relief mission. As you should already know, The Borg borderlines into the Doid Nexus which is in Delta Alliance space. As of late while we have been too busy fighting the war on the Na'Jigat, the Doid's have been holding off the Borg. However there is a problem. The Borg have figured a way past the Doid Nexus Defences and we need to know how. Our mission will be to fly through Delta Alliance Space and into the Droid Nexus to investigate. On our way you will be delivering supplies to the people of Traquel Beta who have been hit hard recently by the borg. You are then to continue into the Droid Nexus to Unit 1 where we will be delivering a package from Starfleet. Its precious cargo and its sealed and deemed classified. Your main objective, however, is to go straight to the front line defences of the Droids and find out where the Borg are slipping through and why. We are only to engage the Borg if absolutly necasary."

"For the duration of this mission we have 10 prototype torpedoes designed for battle with the borg as well as new shielding technology."

"As of now Lieutenant Swift, our Chief Tactical and Security Officer, is currently working on the new weapon technology and Commander Teranis, our Chief Engineer is working on the shielding technology and our propulsion systems."

**Lollock give a moment to allow everything to soak in.** "Do you have any questions Commander?"

(OFF: If you haven't already done so you may want to view my profile. I have created a rather extensive background for Lollock. Lollocks background may help you in your mission as a Cardassian spy http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'> . Let you get into Captain Lollocks mind. lol. )

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"

Tara Lollock

"Alright Commander, that seems wise. Let's get some sensors in place ans we'll have a gaurd arm it. I'll bring Lieutenant Swift in so we can work out the details in private."

**Lollock taps her comm badge.** =/\=Lieutenant Swift, please report to the Captain's ready room immediatly. =/\=

We'll inform him of your idea and i'll let the two of you begin the execution of it.

**Lollock took a few moments to give Commander Dal a brief looking over. She was definately a proud woman, Tara could see it in her eyes, and Tara admired that greatly. But Tara's dad had dispised Cardassians. Luckily Tara's time in Starfleet had given her a much different perspective on the species. She had faught against several Cardassians in the dominion war and their loyalty to their cause, their government and each other had surprised her.She remembered troops screaming For Cardassia before falling at the hands of Tara's blade. She, for obvious reasons, would never bring this to the attention of her new First Officer. Tara knew how Dal must have felt going through life as a Cardassian in a world not accustomed to it, especially at times when the Federation and Cardassia were not on good terms. This caused Tara to think back when the Federation and the Klingons were on the verge of war. The ways she was treated was damn near apalling, and even though Tara had much sympathy for Commander Dal she could not express it. It would show a sign of weakness when Tara needed to be the strongest. No captain can show weaknedded or they will be exploited by both her enemies and her friends.**

"Die well!"

Korinas Dal

"Alright Commander, that seems wise. Let's get some sensors in place ans we'll have a gaurd arm it. I'll bring Lieutenant Swift in so we can work out the details in private."

Korinas smiled, nodding her head. This was going just as it was supposed to be going. She didn't find any prejudices within Captain Lollock. That was a rather unusual fact; rare Starfleet Captains would have allowed a Cardassian to work on the security of their very precious cargo. Eve more rare would have been the Klingons who'd have ever done such a thing. How very fortunate for her.

This Lieutenant Swift...she wondered who he was and whether he was going to be a disturbance in this mission. He shouldn't, for she was the one with the higher rank and therefore the one who'd dictate how things would go. Swift couldn't get away with  disobeying direct orders without being court-martialed. Strange, Dal thought, how Starfleet regulations could work for her.

The door opened, and a man entered. Evidently, this was the Lieutenant Swift. He was human, alright. She hadn't yet really concluded whether this was good or bad, but it could easily be the former. Humans were sometimes too trusting and naive. This man seemed...well, he certainly had a touch of arrogance to him. He also appeared relaxed, unlike some officers she'd met...She could remember one Frankson who'd look as if he'd swallowed a stick every time he'd be in front of a senior officer. Dal had despised that.

Waiting for the Captain to make introductions, she nodded her head slightly at Swift.

Tara Lollock

"Lieutenant Swift, i would like to introduce you to our new executive officer; Commander Dal. Commander Dal, Lieutenant Swift is our Chief  Tactical and Security Officer."

"Lieutenant, Commander Dal and I have decided to place some extra security around this cargo. I want you to give her assistance in this project." **She turns to Dal** "Well, it looks like you volunteered for your first project. This is your project Commander; let me know when you have finished."

"If there are no further questions you are both dismissed?"

**Lollock would be maintaining a very close eye on COmmander Dal, seeing how this was her first command position. She was sure she would not be disappointed but, as any good CO, she would find something for the COmmander to work on. What klind of Captain would she be without offering some sort of guidence.**

"Die well!"

Tara Lollock

"Of course Commander."

"Computer, please change Commanders Dals' clearence to Alpha-Two Level 4. Authorization, Lollock Alpha-Two1138, Enable."

**The computer chimed confirming the change.**

"Alright Commander, that should do it. You should have complete access to the ships records and command systems."

"Does that cover everything Commander?"

"Die well!"

Tara Lollock

** Tara nodded in return, giving a small hint as to her approval of her new first officer.**

OFF: I'll create a cargo bay for you. http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

"Die well!"